Korina McReynolds - OKbaby (Mom)

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Korina McReynolds - OKbaby (Mom)

Unread post by Lyanna »

So...something I really don't understang. Korina seems sweet and everyone thinks she is a good mom and raises her kid well. I'm still trying to understand how she birthed a young man like Oscar...he is a shitty person and a shitty father.
Bibu3353
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bibu3353 »

Lyanna wrote:So...something I really don't understang. Korina seems sweet and everyone thinks she is a good mom and raises her kid well. I'm still trying to understand how she birthed a young man like Oscar...he is a shitty person and a shitty father.
Maybe it's his dad's fault?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Lyanna wrote:So...something I really don't understang. Korina seems sweet and everyone thinks she is a good mom and raises her kid well. I'm still trying to understand how she birthed a young man like Oscar...he is a shitty person and a shitty father.
A few things. She clearly spoiled him as did his father. Boys with mothers sometimes do fit the stereotype of mamas boy. My ex's mother though he shit gold. He could do no wrong and he was a dbag just like Oscar. Also in a divorce some parents tend to try to make their kids feel loved by showering them with gifts and attention to make up for the divorce. Oscar very much acts like a spoiled child.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

bookwrm97 wrote:I loved watching Korinas try on haul of the things kyra and Oscar got her. She had the biggest smile the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyra actually picked out some really cute stuff. She looked great.

MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MiloandMax »

Oscar seems to give off the same thing I get from Oscars dad when he's in the vlogs.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Personally as nice and sweet as Korina is I think she gives off the vibe she wants to be her kids best friend. She kind of let them do anything instead of installing any kind of morals. When your kids are adults that is fine but as teenagers growing up kids need direction.

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

The fact she has been divorced twice now one would think she wouldn't force her son to marry a girl he clearly does not want to. Calling Kyra her daughter in law, hinting that Oscar needs to put a ring on it. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
bookwrm97
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bookwrm97 »

So something weird.. I follow Aimee on Instagram and she seems obsessed with drawing naked chicks and even drew korina??? Like I’m all for self expression but why would you want to draw something of your mom that way.

bookwrm97
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bookwrm97 »

Not sure if I can find it.. I think it was an ig story
MiloandMax
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MiloandMax »

It seems to be a joke though she just was saying it was her mom. And using poses that people had done in pics. At least it flattered Korinna. I didn't think it was that bad and I'm not a naked picture fan art or not.
lovelysmiles100
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovelysmiles100 »

You can’t completely or even at all blame Korina for the way Oscar is... no matter what people will always act and be the way they want to

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lovelysmiles100 wrote:
You can’t completely or even at all blame Korina for the way Oscar is... no matter what people will always act and be the way they want to

The vibe I get from Korina is she isn’t a tough mom. She wants to be her kids best friend. That doesn’t work when raising them. I am not saying she wasn’t tough but the vibe I get she wasn’t.
There comes a point when your teenager is doing drugs and getting into trouble the parent has to be part of the blame.

lilspooky
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lilspooky »

chloe6124 wrote:
lovelysmiles100 wrote:

The vibe I get from Korina is she isn’t a tough mom. She wants to be her kids best friend. That doesn’t work when raising them. I am not saying she wasn’t tough but the vibe I get she wasn’t.
There comes a point when your teenager is doing drugs and getting into trouble the parent has to be part of the blame.

you can’t be serious. if a teen is going to ‘do drugs and get into trouble’ and they really really want to, they will find a way no matter how much their parents don’t want them to. this is so ignorant.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Korina McReynolds - OKbaby (Mom)

I agree with you guys. All I am saying is I get a vibe from Korina that she isn’t a tough mom. If you don’t install some kind of rules your child will fall off the rails. I could be totally wrong about her not being tough. It’s just a vibe I get from her. Sometimes you have to have tough love and tell your kids things they don’t want to hear.

Oscar is a adult now. He is the only one that is responsible for his choices today. But the way your brought up can effect you even in to adulthood. Look at how messed up Kyra is because of a crappy childhood.

lovelysmiles100
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovelysmiles100 »

chloe6124 wrote:I agree with you guys. All I am saying is I get a vibe from Korina that she isn’t a tough mom. If you don’t install some kind of rules your child will fall off the rails. I could be totally wrong about her not being tough. It’s just a vibe I get from her. Sometimes you have to have tough love and tell your kids things they don’t want to hear.

Oscar is a adult now. He is the only one that is responsible for his choices today. But the way your brought up can effect you even in to adulthood. Look at how messed up Kyra is because of a crappy childhood.

My aunt was a tough mom and her kids still ended up doing drugs and other bad stuff. It doesn’t really depend on the parents it’s more of the kid will do whatever they want to one way or another

poisonousprinces
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by poisonousprinces »

lovelysmiles100 wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:I agree with you guys. All I am saying is I get a vibe from Korina that she isn’t a tough mom. If you don’t install some kind of rules your child will fall off the rails. I could be totally wrong about her not being tough. It’s just a vibe I get from her. Sometimes you have to have tough love and tell your kids things they don’t want to hear.

My aunt was a tough mom and her kids still ended up doing drugs and other bad stuff. It doesn’t really depend on the parents it’s more of the kid will do whatever they want to one way or another

Another personal anecdote....
My mother was pretty harsh.
But also very hypocritical in that she drank like a fish and was in drugs daily. (“Do as I say not as I do” I guess)
But I don’t do drugs (aside from one ill fated party where I tried a pot brownie and breathing in second ha d smoke in occasion.) whereas my brother is much more relaxed with his approach to drugs and tries what he feels comfortable trying, regularly smokes weed etc.
one family with opposite outcomes...kinda a good illustration that it’s not all about the parent Image

Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

I don't agree, I think parents are to blame for their children's behaviour. Of course, like always, there will be exceptions but most parents are to blame for their children's actions. That being said, I don't believe parents have to be super strict to have kids not doing drugs. You have to find the balance, too strict and the kids will act out, not strict enough and your kids will think you don't care.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Islandbaby14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Islandbaby14 »

I don’t think Oscar is that baaad definitely not good in any way he’s annoying and lazy but would t say he’s a shitty maybe below average perhaps don’t think that Corina is to blame for that

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Islandbaby14 wrote:I don’t think Oscar is that baaad definitely not good in any way he’s annoying and lazy but would t say he’s a shitty maybe below average perhaps don’t think that Corina is to blame for that

I agree. Oscar stepped up when a lot of boys his age would have ran. He moved interstate and got a job and provided a home for Kyra and Levi. His problem is that he is lazy and selfish. He becomes obsessed with is own hobbies and only cares about that and leaves Kyra to do everything else.
I don’t think you can blame Korina for this because he did work as a teenager, he worked in a vape shop in LA and then the warehouse in Montana, so he was working and supporting his family. I think YouTube is a big part of oscar’s problems, they earn so much money for little work. It gives Oscar too much time to do whatever he wants whenever he wants and he can afford it and he takes that for granted. And Kyra is a pushover and let’s him do whatever he wants and doesn’t tell him he’s being a selfish dickhead.

Overall I don’t think Korina has done a bad job parenting her kids, Oscar isn’t that bad he just needs grow up and get his priorities right. Aimee seems pretty good, she works and travels and her and Korina seem to have a really good relationship and Kaycee and Caden seem like really sweet kids.

KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

I watch Teen Mom and all those spin offs, so I've seen some truly shitty dads Oscar's age. He is so far above them as a dad. He wants to be there for his kids and he enjoys spending time with them (unless it's at Disney apparently.) He is still just very young, dumb, stubborn, and naive. But hopefully that will change. I see potential. Is he a great dad? No, of course not. But I definitely wouldn't categorize him as a shitty dad either. And sure, maybe some of his bad attributes come from Korina, but I also think most of his good attributes come from her too. So that's more of a win in my book.

Return to “OKBaby”