Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

Unread post by Chichi »

roxyroller wrote:
Chichi wrote:Haven't watched them in a while. Just saw vlog that was a Q&A and Kyra gets teary towards the end about her anxiety and OCD, she's surprised that it crept up on her this time pre birth of baby. They seem a bit at a loss/helpless and wondering what next.. Why doesn't she get the professional help she needs now than waiting to hit a slump.. It's always baffled me why they don't invest in taking care of her mental health, naively expecting her to get better over time..

Sent from my JKM-LX1 using Tapatalk
I remember her saying she was seeing a therapist but then it got too expensive... which sucks tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely worth her getting help now.. So that the last weeks of pregnancy and first with new baby are filled with happier memories.. Plus of course her time with Alaya and Levi before all the new changes with an addition to the family.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

She did get therapy when she was pregnant with Alaya. She said she had the blues with Levi and wanted to be on top of it if it happened again.

She said therapy was so expensive another time that was when she wasn’t pregnant and it wasn’t something she wanted to spend money on. She said she felt she had learned ways to deal with the anxiety on her own.

Sorn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sorn »

chloe6124 wrote:She did get therapy when she was pregnant with Alaya. She said she had the blues with Levi and wanted to be on top of it if it happened again.

She said therapy was so expensive another time that was when she wasn’t pregnant and it wasn’t something she wanted to spend money on. She said she felt she had learned ways to deal with the anxiety on her own.

Ways to deal with her anxiety....what like biting Levi?

Sorry I couldn't help it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

Unread post by ckks »

I’m not even sure what’s impressive about Jackson pedaling a bike. Is that not normal for almost 3.5 years old? It seems pretty normal to me.

(Sorry... wrong thread and it won’t let me delete)

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

chatty wrote:
roxyroller wrote:
Chichi wrote:Haven't watched them in a while. Just saw vlog that was a Q&A and Kyra gets teary towards the end about her anxiety and OCD, she's surprised that it crept up on her this time pre birth of baby. They seem a bit at a loss/helpless and wondering what next.. Why doesn't she get the professional help she needs now than waiting to hit a slump.. It's always baffled me why they don't invest in taking care of her mental health, naively expecting her to get better over time..

I remember her saying she was seeing a therapist but then it got too expensive... which sucks tbh

They can afford Oscar’s almost daily skydiving/rock climbing sessions, but not therapy for Kyra’s mental health Image

I remember Oscar saying that after 10 skydives its only $40 each time you jump and I also remember Kyra saying her therapy was $300 a session.
I do think that now they have medical insurance she should look into it again because some of that would be covered, the $300 was when they were uninsured. Mental health is really important and I do hope Kyra invests more into it, she is fine with dropping hundreds of dollars when she shops but not on therapy and that’s so backwards to me.
Also, I feel like Kyra downplays her “baby blues” after she had Levi. That was full on post natal depression, she was just never diagnosed because she didn’t seek help for it. Who else remembers when she would sleep all the time and she was a greaseball because she didn’t take care of herself? It was hard to watch. She was so much better after having Alaya, despite the extreme anxiety and OCD flare up.

kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

roxyroller wrote:

I really think her and Oscar both need some mental health help.

She's very emotional and has trouble controlling her anger. I've always thought she might have Borderline personality disorder. It's a very difficult disorder to live with untreated. It has a very high suicide rate as well.

Oscar seems very forgetful and hyper. Maybe adult ADHD?

Just the other day he said something like "can't wait to have three girls mad at me all the time" Kyra needs to get help for that.

And Kyra has said he is like her third child
. Which i can understand would be frustrating to deal with as well as trying to care for the kids, clean, edit, cook and vlog.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

staceybrax wrote:
chatty wrote:
roxyroller wrote: I remember her saying she was seeing a therapist but then it got too expensive... which sucks tbh

They can afford Oscar’s almost daily skydiving/rock climbing sessions, but not therapy for Kyra’s mental health Image

I remember Oscar saying that after 10 skydives its only $40 each time you jump and I also remember Kyra saying her therapy was $300 a session.
I do think that now they have medical insurance she should look into it again because some of that would be covered, the $300 was when they were uninsured. Mental health is really important and I do hope Kyra invests more into it, she is fine with dropping hundreds of dollars when she shops but not on therapy and that’s so backwards to me.
Also, I feel like Kyra downplays her “baby blues” after she had Levi. That was full on post natal depression, she was just never diagnosed because she didn’t seek help for it. Who else remembers when she would sleep all the time and she was a greaseball because she didn’t take care of herself? It was hard to watch. She was so much better after having Alaya, despite the extreme anxiety and OCD flare up.

She definitely seems to have a spending problem.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

chatty wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 am
roxyroller wrote:

Well they also said the shots to keep her and the baby alive and well were too expensive, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that Kyra's mental health is suffering bc they would rather spend money elsewhere.... these people are trash.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

I can’t understand how they put peoples health and well-being in the too expensive basket and just move on.
They were risking a baby’s life at one stage there and didn’t seem all that phased.

Yet new cars, expensive gifts for family, skydiving are ok to splurge on.
Sure these guys have improved a lot, but they still need to do a lot of growing up. Especially when they have way more responsibilities than the average person their age.
freyador
Amateur
Amateur

OKThey'reFinallyEngaged?! | OKBaby | Part 26

Unread post by freyador »

I can understand that healthcare can be very expensive, but for mental health there’s so many other ways, like charities, online websites (like Better Help or whatever it is called), and so on where you can find affordable solutions for that.
I think that a lot of stuff happening in our life, including physical problems might sometime just start because of your mental health and how you take care of that.

P.s. long time lurker. Finally got an account and can interact. Hiii!

Bibu3353
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bibu3353 »

freyador wrote:I can understand that healthcare can be very expensive, but for mental health there’s so many other ways, like charities, online websites (like Better Help or whatever it is called), and so on where you can find affordable solutions for that.
I think that a lot of stuff happening in our life, including physical problems might sometime just start because of your mental health and how you take care of that.

Please don't. Better help is a scam

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

freyador
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freyador »

Bibu3353 wrote:
freyador wrote:I can understand that healthcare can be very expensive, but for mental health there’s so many other ways, like charities, online websites (like Better Help or whatever it is called), and so on where you can find affordable solutions for that.

Please don't. Better help is a scam

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
What? Didn’t know about that. Saw it advertised so many times.

Still, I meant online therapy. That was just an example. I know people who do it... one of my friends moved away but was lucky that their therapist works remotely as well. Long live skype!

Anyways, like other people said.. if you have the money to spend on branded stuff, you should have the money to invest in your health care. That should have priority, tbh...

zelda2011
Informer
Informer

Unread post by zelda2011 »

I loved the last vlog. Alaya is so adorable, and it’s really sweet Oscar put time into thinking what would be the most fun for her

bxrdyy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bxrdyy »

Has anyone seen Kyra's last post on twitter?? Who else things it's a dig at Keren?

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Kyra was a hot mess after Levi. She wasn't just tired she was 100% in a post partum depression. She needs to realize she's her own top priority and take care of herself. Her mental health isn't going to improve magically she needs to spend money and time on it and stop having a new baby every other year.
For people who at 22 have had 2 houses, multiple cars, spend hundreds of dollars on unnecessary things, they sure can afford some kind of therapy.
3boys1girl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3boys1girl »

bxrdyy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:38 am Has anyone seen Kyra's last post on twitter?? Who else things it's a dig at Keren?
Oh wow... it could be. I hope it is. I really hope she has realized she’s not a sincere friend/human.
forumluver
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by forumluver »

sezzajaydee wrote:I can’t understand how they put peoples health and well-being in the too expensive basket and just move on.
They were risking a baby’s life at one stage there and didn’t seem all that phased.

Yet new cars, expensive gifts for family, skydiving are ok to splurge on.
Sure these guys have improved a lot, but they still need to do a lot of growing up. Especially when they have way more responsibilities than the average person their age.

They haven't mentioned Oscar sky diving in a while. Does he have to stop over the winter months?

Mommom4
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Mommom4 »

It is possible to go skydying during the winter, but most people take a break..

I really hope Kyra will invest in the help see needs. She could really benefit from it. If they think it is too expensive, they should re-evaluate their spending priorities.
ytmdlover27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ytmdlover27 »

kayjay wrote:
roxyroller wrote:

She's very emotional and has trouble controlling her anger. I've always thought she might have Borderline personality disorder. It's a very difficult disorder to live with untreated. It has a very high suicide rate as well.

Just the other day he said something like "can't wait to have three girls mad at me all the time" Kyra needs to get help for that.

. Which i can understand would be frustrating to deal with as well as trying to care for the kids, clean, edit, cook and vlog.

No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

ytmdlover27 wrote:
kayjay wrote:
roxyroller wrote: I remember her saying she was seeing a therapist but then it got too expensive... which sucks tbh

No wonder the USA has such a HIGH consumer rate of pharmaceutical drugs, they find a “mental disorder” for EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGG! Like, damn, a person can’t be a bit hyper because they have a mental disorder. No offense to anyone who has been “diagnosed” with a mental disorder but it surprises me how much people in other countries truly do struggle or suffer due to poverty, etc., yet no mass shootings or things along those lines happen. Most therapist or physiologist also need help, which says a lot.

The government here loves people who are messed up. It = $$ for them.

Also Levi and alaya talking is ADORABLE.

Return to “OKBaby”