OkWelcomeBabyAverie, Go home Keren! | OKBaby | Part 28

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OkWelcomeBabyAverie, Go home Keren! | OKBaby | Part 28

Unread post by staceymj »

blahblahblahhh wrote:
Bibu3353 wrote:I remember when KK got their playground built everyone started criticizing them because this gave them an excuse to not take the kids out to have fun at parks and socialize with others. Now OK is giving this same reason and you guys bash them for wanting to take their kids to the park. Uhh what? Image

PS. I don't watch either one anymore so I may be missing crucial details, but these arguments just seem so contradictory

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Yeah that definitely wasn’t me. I don’t watch KK regularly. However I can see how someone could see the two differently. KK’s kids are socially awkward hermits who never see the outside world. At least OK kids leave their house on a regular basis and know how to converse with other children.

Still would never criticize someone with children for making their backyard child friendly. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah people wouldn’t have said anything about KK getting the play equipment if they actually took their children out of the house occasionally. Those kids never go anywhere, they don’t go to parks, play centres, pools, water parks, universal, the library... they don’t even get to go to the grocery store. KK use that play equipment as a valid reason not to take their kids anywhere and that’s so not fair on those kids. They are the most sheltered, socially awkward little kids (well Jackson, the other two are still little and Landon seems to be much more social than Jackson).
OK do take their kids to fun activities and the park but sometimes you don’t want to leave the house or can’t (they did just have a baby after all) and having play equipment in the backyard is the best thing ever, they can just come and go as they please and it’s such a great way to burn off some energy in little kids. They have this really nice big backyard, it doesn’t make sense for them not to use it.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

If Oscar likes projects he could even do one of those stock tank pools (like a giant water trough you can get at feed stores) with a pump on it. I’ve seen a ton of families I follow on IG doing them the last few weeks. That would be perfect for the age the kids are at, and they could learn to swim. Not to mention they look adorable. [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... b5badb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... f0feb7.jpg[/IMG]

Talkativetalk
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Talkativetalk »

flyergirl7 wrote:Levi seems like a very intelligent little boy. Sometimes with high intelligence, comes a little awkwardness but Image he’s one of my favorite YouTube kids, he’s SO funny.

Agreed!! I definitely think Levi is going to be even smarter later on in life. It seems like he has a genius gene lol! The way he talks is very clear and he seems very informed of his surroundings which most kids don’t pick up on all the time.

Herosmomma
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Herosmomma »

ckks wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote:
zelda2011 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:51 pm I haven’t watched the video so excuse me if she already addressed this, but what is worrying about a back dimple?
Could have something to do with spinal cord.

It’s called a sacral dimple. They’re usually harmless, but they’re going to do tests to make sure there are no issues with the spinal cord like spina bifida or tethered cord syndrome.

I know of one baby with a sacral dimple and she actually does have health issues related to that, but hopefully that’s not the case with Averie.

I know my cousin has a back dimple and her parents never got it checked out and when she got pregnant they realized that part of her spine never fused completely together so she ran the risk of being paralyzed during her pregnancy/birth. Luckily everything went fine for her but I am glad they are being proactive about their child’s health.

remre1017
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by remre1017 »

Bibu3353 wrote:I remember when KK got their playground built everyone started criticizing them because this gave them an excuse to not take the kids out to have fun at parks and socialize with others. Now OK is giving this same reason and you guys bash them for wanting to take their kids to the park. Uhh what? Image

PS. I don't watch either one anymore so I may be missing crucial details, but these arguments just seem so contradictory

I wouldn’t bash them for either if they did both. They take their kids to the park. Good for them. But they have a huge ass backyard and do nothing with it. But they’ll buy themselves (parents, not kids) multiple ATV’s or whatever they are. Those kids would LOVE a backyard set or even a medium sized trampoline.

blipbloop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blipbloop »

MiloandMax1 wrote:Could her possessive behavior be because she knows she pushed Alaya away? Like this baby makes up for that? I know she had ppd so I'm not judging her for that with Alaya, I have noticed her not really letting anyone else hold her and although Oscar annoys me its his baby to so she has to let go. She's said in the past she has control issues. Maybe she needs to go back to the therapist. One thing I will say about Kyra is she isn't afraid to talk about mental health like some seem to do it at the same time on YouTube. But she said herself the therapist was helping.

And is Oscar only helping cause he isnt out skydiving or rock climbing? Eventually Kyra will have all 3 again so her attitude might be because she is aware of that. Although she needs to get his help while she can.
It could honestly be an OCD thing. I have it too and I have a lot of issues with control. When my daughter was a newborn I definitely had to watch myself so as not to be too over the top about it. Having PPD didn’t help at all, and this is something that Kyra too is prone to.

loveisinthecats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by loveisinthecats »

blipbloop wrote:
MiloandMax1 wrote:Could her possessive behavior be because she knows she pushed Alaya away? Like this baby makes up for that? I know she had ppd so I'm not judging her for that with Alaya, I have noticed her not really letting anyone else hold her and although Oscar annoys me its his baby to so she has to let go. She's said in the past she has control issues. Maybe she needs to go back to the therapist. One thing I will say about Kyra is she isn't afraid to talk about mental health like some seem to do it at the same time on YouTube. But she said herself the therapist was helping.

And is Oscar only helping cause he isnt out skydiving or rock climbing? Eventually Kyra will have all 3 again so her attitude might be because she is aware of that. Although she needs to get his help while she can.
It could honestly be an OCD thing. I have it too and I have a lot of issues with control. When my daughter was a newborn I definitely had to watch myself so as not to be too over the top about it. Having PPD didn’t help at all, and this is something that Kyra too is prone to.

She also acted crazy possessive over levi when he was a newborn.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

They can use the excuse that they wouldn’t go to the park. So why not get things the park doesn’t have. Something that isn’t a ride on/mini version of Oscar’s toys.

As for KK. I’m unsure if I’ve actually witnessed the younger boys leaving the house. Aside from Sutton when he was born and for doctors visits.

Jackson is the only one I’ve seen outside of the KK compound. So it’s not really comparable.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

loveisinthecats wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:55 pm
blipbloop wrote:

She also acted crazy possessive over levi when he was a newborn.
When Alaya was a baby, she held and wore her constantly too.. I don't remember when it changed but, she was the same with Levi and Alaya, then she calmed a bit... it may just be the newness of the baby... some people are like that, they wanna hold and be close to the new baby, because it doesn't last long before they grow up.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
ALittleStitious
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ALittleStitious »

sezzajaydee wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:37 pm They can use the excuse that they wouldn’t go to the park. So why not get things the park doesn’t have. Something that isn’t a ride on/mini version of Oscar’s toys.

As for KK. I’m unsure if I’ve actually witnessed the younger boys leaving the house. Aside from Sutton when he was born and for doctors visits.

Jackson is the only one I’ve seen outside of the KK compound. So it’s not really comparable.
Exactly. And it doesn't make a difference to kids if they have a playground at home or have to drive to park, it's all fun for them. I have a swing set and stuff in my yard and still regularly take my kids to different parks. Plus, like you said, there's tons of different things they could buy for at home that are different than what's at the park. They're just selfish and only want to buy things they can also use. A yard full of fun toys/equipment that is age appropriate would be perfect for this summer, Kyra can tend to the baby outside while the older kids play.

And I don't get why anyone would compare the situation to KK. It's completely different. It's entirely possible to criticize one person for something and not the other, it's not one size fits all. Like you said, KK never take their kids out, OK does.
Oma66
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Oma66 »

KK doesn’t any excuses for their lazy ass parenting!!

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Levi the genius :rofl:
He's pretty average, Alaya is way smarter imo
anonymous2829
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anonymous2829 »

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I don’t watch the vlogs anymore) did they ever say what was so “shocking” and “difficult” about Kyras birth this time?

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

anonymous2829 wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed (I don’t watch the vlogs anymore) did they ever say what was so “shocking” and “difficult” about Kyras birth this time?

Oh it was simple the idiot put herself into labor by drinking a smoothie with castor oil in it, so she had to suffer through contractions because insurance wasn’t about to pay for a emergency c section if she wasn’t progressing! So eventually she had dilated so that could do the c section keep in mind she had a scheduled c section the next morning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

anonymous2829 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:48 pm Sorry if this has already been discussed (I don’t watch the vlogs anymore) did they ever say what was so “shocking” and “difficult” about Kyras birth this time?

#Castoroilbaby
she tried inducing her own labor and ended up getting contractions (she didn't have for the first two births as I remember) so she was surprised/ shocked. I don't even know what the fuck they were actually trying to do with this whole nonsense but they acted all surprised that the labor started then they had to rush to the hospital and have an emergency csection. I think they got scared when the contractions started.
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

Hey everyone!! I’m sorry I’m still trying to get caught up on the threads since coming home from vacation....and now, of course, I get sick!!! Fck my lifeeee!!

We are definitely due for a new thread so I’ll give y’all time to vote for your favorite title and make part 29 in a few hours.
anonymous2829
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anonymous2829 »

Hahaha omg I can’t with them
*tries to induce labor with castor oil*
*is shocked when labor actually happens*
How can she even call that surprising?!

loveisinthecats
Amateur
Amateur

sezzajaydee wrote:They can use the excuse that they wouldn’t go to the park. So why not get things the park doesn’t have. Something that isn’t a ride on/mini version of Oscar’s toys.

KK COMPOUND!! I’m cackling!!!
loveisinthecats
Amateur
Amateur

Lyanna wrote:Levi the genius :rofl:
Personal- my daughter’s bday is 2 days before his and WOW, the difference is incredible. I don’t bring it up much because it’s personal chat...and maybe some of it is her being a girl (supposedly language and social skills typically develop faster in girls while gross motor skills develop faster in boys) but... it’s embarrassing how far behind he is from my daughter, and I don’t see my daughter as a genius - having been a pre-k teacher & nanny to toddler age, I’ve seen SUPER smart children and my daughter is really very normal, even late to talk but now chats perfectly. Any stranger could listen to my daughter talk and know everything she’s saying, she retells memories, stories, makes up stories, tells jokes, recognizes many speech nuances in tone, pretend plays dialogue between dolls, mimics conversations she hears while playing (modeling dad’s work phone calls, convos I have with a cashier,etc) etc etc etc. Not saying Levi’s super crazy behind... but just knowing their bdays are 2 days apart leaves me to compare more... and sorrrrry but he is FAR from being a genius for being 3.5 lol.
vmokk
Informer
Informer

Unread post by vmokk »

loveisinthecats wrote:
Lyanna wrote:Levi the genius :rofl:
Personal- my daughter’s bday is 2 days before his and WOW, the difference is incredible. I don’t bring it up much because it’s personal chat...and maybe some of it is her being a girl (supposedly language and social skills typically develop faster in girls while gross motor skills develop faster in boys) but... it’s embarrassing how far behind he is from my daughter, and I don’t see my daughter as a genius - having been a pre-k teacher & nanny to toddler age, I’ve seen SUPER smart children and my daughter is really very normal, even late to talk but now chats perfectly. Any stranger could listen to my daughter talk and know everything she’s saying, she retells memories, stories, makes up stories, tells jokes, recognizes many speech nuances in tone, pretend plays dialogue between dolls, mimics conversations she hears while playing (modeling dad’s work phone calls, convos I have with a cashier,etc) etc etc etc. Not saying Levi’s super crazy behind... but just knowing their bdays are 2 days apart leaves me to compare more... and sorrrrry but he is FAR from being a genius for being 3.5 lol.
agree with you 100%. your daughter sounds like an absolute doll. i have a 2.5 year old son who knows his numbers to 27 (and then he’s well into his 40’s) his colours, shapes and alphabet. maybe it’s because i’m his mom but he talks clearer then levi, i know he’s closer in age with alaya but they’re worlds apart developmentally.

Return to “OKBaby”