OKBaby: Screw the Doctor! Vasectomy for Oscar! | Part 34

MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby: Screw the Doctor! Vasectomy for Oscar! | Part 34

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

And she has a good relationship with Levi so its not that she can't do that with the girls.
justsaying
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by justsaying »

For me a lot of what you are all saying is true at the same time.

Kyra needs help.
Getting help is hard, even if you've already sought out help before.
Therapy is work. It is exhausting but you can also get into a rut and think you are not getting any additional benefit out of it (think of changing your therapist in that case)
I feel sorry for everyone who struggles with mental health, also Kyra
I wish everyone a person/people in their life who have an eye on their mental health - more than Oscar and Korina seem to be doing.

But also:
When you have 4 children you have to own up to the responsibility that you took on. Having your children's best interest at heart also means taking care after yourself.
Same goes for seeking out an audience. Those youtubers are called influencers for a reason. They influence their audience so they should be responsible about what they are saying.
Lame excuses are not fooling anyone.
Her issues explain her behaviour but are not an excuse per se.

So I think it's not all black and white - for me all those things are true. At the end of the day you can only help yourself and you have to get to that point on your own. But having support definitely makes it oh so much easier (may it be family, friends, therapy,..), so whatever Kyra needs to get there, I hope she'll get there fast for the sake of her children.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Korinna annoys me. Sorry not sorry. I used to like her so I'm not sure what changed. Maybe how she is with Levi and treats the girls
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

justsaying wrote:For me a lot of what you are all saying is true at the same time.

Kyra needs help.
Getting help is hard, even if you've already sought out help before.
Therapy is work. It is exhausting but you can also get into a rut and think you are not getting any additional benefit out of it (think of changing your therapist in that case)
I feel sorry for everyone who struggles with mental health, also Kyra
I wish everyone a person/people in their life who have an eye on their mental health - more than Oscar and Korina seem to be doing.

But also:
When you have 4 children you have to own up to the responsibility that you took on. Having your children's best interest at heart also means taking care after yourself.
Same goes for seeking out an audience. Those youtubers are called influencers for a reason. They influence their audience so they should be responsible about what they are saying.
Lame excuses are not fooling anyone.
Her issues explain her behaviour but are not an excuse per se.

So I think it's not all black and white - for me all those things are true. At the end of the day you can only help yourself and you have to get to that point on your own. But having support definitely makes it oh so much easier (may it be family, friends, therapy,..), so whatever Kyra needs to get there, I hope she'll get there fast for the sake of her children.
Very well said.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TopazBlues
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TopazBlues »

I think her view on daughter/mother relationships is sort of strange compared to what I have heard from other women who have fractured relationships with their mothers. I hear quite a few young mothers in particular, really crave a healthy and strong relationship with a daughter. They usually have kids to try and be what they didn't have.
justsaying
Amateur
Amateur

MiloandMax1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:55 pm Korinna annoys me. Sorry not sorry. I used to like her so I'm not sure what changed. Maybe how she is with Levi and treats the girls
yeah, I know what you mean. For me it was when she hopped on that youtubebandwagon. At first I thought she's that cool young mum that Kyra can get advice from instead of her own mum. But then I realized she wants to be their friend too much. I am happy that she feels free after her divorce but she shouldn't try to be a twenty year old youtuber. I think she also favors Levi to suck up to Kyra.
justsaying
Amateur
Amateur

TopazBlues wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am I think her view on daughter/mother relationships is sort of strange compared to what I have heard from other women who have fractured relationships with their mothers. I hear quite a few young mothers in particular, really crave a healthy and strong relationship with a daughter. They usually have kids to try and be what they didn't have.
I feel like Levi made it easier for them to love on him. Alaya was her own little strong-willed person from the getgo and instead of putting in a little more effort she just blamed it on her own rocky mother/daughter relationship.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

justsaying wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:23 am
TopazBlues wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am I think her view on daughter/mother relationships is sort of strange compared to what I have heard from other women who have fractured relationships with their mothers. I hear quite a few young mothers in particular, really crave a healthy and strong relationship with a daughter. They usually have kids to try and be what they didn't have.
I feel like Levi made it easier for them to love on him. Alaya was her own little strong-willed person from the getgo and instead of putting in a little more effort she just blamed it on her own rocky mother/daughter relationship.
Agree. They also blamed Alaya for their relationship issues. Wasn't something said that after Alaya was born (but they also blamed that house they were living in).
anonymous04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anonymous04 »

jazzhello_1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:15 pm
anonymous04 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:56 pm
jazzhello_1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:14 pm

But mental illnesses shouldn't be used as an excuse for her being manipulative.
It actually can
No. It can be used to explain a behaviour, but it shouldn't be used to excuse a behaviour. It still doesn't make it right.
That's what I meant
wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

TopazBlues wrote:I think her view on daughter/mother relationships is sort of strange compared to what I have heard from other women who have fractured relationships with their mothers. I hear quite a few young mothers in particular, really crave a healthy and strong relationship with a daughter. They usually have kids to try and be what they didn't have.
Sometimes even if moms want to break the cycle of trauma it can come up.

That doesn't necessarily apply to Kyra because she knows and consciously says she will have a bad relationship with her daughters because of her history with her mom so its not kyra is trying to break that cycle.

But sometimes moms think they want daughters to treat them better than their moms treated them but all that trauma and emotional abuse comes up.

My mom is the eldest of 4 and her mom to this day treats my mom like crap. Theres a ton of family history and drama there so I won't get into it. But my mom is the black sheep, she's the one that gets blamed when things go wrong, my mom is the first to always be excluded. Its just a mess and as I get older I realize how narcissistic my grandmother is.
But when my mom had me, she didn't do that. My mom actively says I don't want to be my mother. My mom is my best friend and she is such a big support since I've become a mother myself.

I thank her everyday that she wasn't narcissistic or selfish or made me feel like I was the issue.
Anyway, if kyra wants to have healthy and loving relationships with all her kids and not just Levi, she needs some form of therapy or realization that her mentality can seriously harm her daughters.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

It breaks my heart for those girls that Kyra basically resents them because they’re girls (especially Alaya) I get that she has had a rough childhood with her mother and I totally understand that can leave lasting issues, but Kyra does have motherly influences in her life as well. Isn’t her dad married or in a long term relationship, so she has a stepmother and she also has Korina. She’s lucky to have a mother in law she gets along with and Korina seems to have a good relationship with all of her kids (daughters included lol) We aren’t all lucky enough to have great parents or have great relationships with their parents, personally I have no relationship with my mother and haven’t spoken to her in like 5 years, but you can draw that bond and influence from other sources. Biology doesn’t always make a family, sometimes you need to create a family and form those bonds elsewhere and that’s okay. If Kyra needs a maternal bond with someone or needs someone to look up to as a mother she just needs to look at those around her, her stepmother, mother in law and oscars step mother. Not to mention grandma Kathy who Kyra lived with and seems to be pretty close to.

I do not understand and will never understand how someone can be content with having a resentful, shitty relationship with her very young daughters purely because they’re girls and you had a bad relationship with you mum. Kyra needs to sort out her issues and learn how to recover from them the best she can while her THREE daughters are young enough to not have lifelong mummy issues because of how shitty Kyra treats them compared to their brother. It’s gross, honestly. Those girls deserve better. Oscar needs to step up, and step in and advocate for his daughters. Him enabling Kyra’s behaviour and distain for her daughters makes him just as bad as her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ytmd123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ytmd123 »

Who in their right mind says to someone “what if i hate it??” when accepting a gift? Oh, that’s right, Kyra’s ungrateful ass!

sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

staceybrax wrote:It breaks my heart for those girls that Kyra basically resents them because they’re girls (especially Alaya) I get that she has had a rough childhood with her mother and I totally understand that can leave lasting issues, but Kyra does have motherly influences in her life as well. Isn’t her dad married or in a long term relationship, so she has a stepmother and she also has Korina. She’s lucky to have a mother in law she gets along with and Korina seems to have a good relationship with all of her kids (daughters included lol) We aren’t all lucky enough to have great parents or have great relationships with their parents, personally I have no relationship with my mother and haven’t spoken to her in like 5 years, but you can draw that bond and influence from other sources. Biology doesn’t always make a family, sometimes you need to create a family and form those bonds elsewhere and that’s okay. If Kyra needs a maternal bond with someone or needs someone to look up to as a mother she just needs to look at those around her, her stepmother, mother in law and oscars step mother. Not to mention grandma Kathy who Kyra lived with and seems to be pretty close to.

I do not understand and will never understand how someone can be content with having a resentful, shitty relationship with her very young daughters purely because they’re girls and you had a bad relationship with you mum. Kyra needs to sort out her issues and learn how to recover from them the best she can while her THREE daughters are young enough to not have lifelong mummy issues because of how shitty Kyra treats them compared to their brother. It’s gross, honestly. Those girls deserve better. Oscar needs to step up, and step in and advocate for his daughters. Him enabling Kyra’s behaviour and distain for her daughters makes him just as bad as her.

All of this!
The fact she was just like oh well. She didn’t even seem to want to try and change it. She just acted like it was inevitable.

I know that overcoming childhood trauma is freaking hard. Especially when you’re dealing with mental health issues too. But it’s not impossible. Most people would work their butts off to ensure they didn’t continue the cycle and were able to have an amazing relationship with their mum.
Just not Kyra.

I hope for her daughters that she wakes up and changes.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

That gift was nice and she seemed to have put thought into it but now we know since she is done having babies it will be focused on traveling.
Frenchlurker
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Frenchlurker »

at the beginning of the last video I saw she was so freaked out by getting a surprise "what if i don't like it?" "Is it mean?"... come on the guy is gifting you something try to be nice. I don't like suprises myself but i know how not to be mean to the person gifting (specially because it was probably her idea).

her idea was actually really cute but that's a looooot, she spent all her gift ideas for the next 3 years haha.
Hereforthemamadrama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hereforthemamadrama »

Wow a bit much. If there celebrating their family why not just have a 1 big family trip. Kyra over did it IMO I really like Oscars gift it was sweet and sentimental
VaCar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by VaCar »

Traveling is great. So is champagne...
I just hope they have the vasectomy scheduled
Or else they won't be done with their family.
They probably know nothing about sperm count after a vasectomy.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think hers was thoughtful for the northern lights but I dont know why they needed the family trip. Korinna and Oscars dad get along so why not just invite both families on the AZ trip. And why does Oscars dad get AZ but Korinna gets Puerto Rico (sorry I'm annoyed by Korinna so being petty lol).
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

She's probably hoping he doesn't get the vasectomy and they can conceive in Norway. July 2022 baby (I hope for Kyra I'm wrong but I can still see her trying to find a new doctor that will ok a 5th baby).
justsaying
Amateur
Amateur

when you think that they can't get any dumber... haha

who in their right mind plans like 17 trips when we don't even know when the pandemic is over and when you just had a baby which is your 4th. wtf!?

sort your fricking living situation & the future of your business out first and then do one after the other.
What is the fricking rush? One goal achieved (familiy completed) and now complete your entire bucket list within the next year?
Enjoy life for f***'s sake and wait until the literal storm of a pandemic has calmed down 🤦🏼‍♀️

Return to “OKBaby”