OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Post Reply
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:15 pm

OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by RottieMama »

THREAD TITLE: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35




TITLE CREDIT: frenchfryfiend




Previous: viewtopic.php?f=242&t=16457&start=1000
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 8219
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

I liked the vlog i just wish Oscar would give Alaya more credit. He acts like shes some scared child when if you remember when they went to the skate park she was doing those ramps and Levi was scared. And Oscar that was 6 months ago. The slide she was scared on I think was one that one of the kids got hurt on or they scared them on (anxiety Kyra was afraid of). It was that tall one when they went to bear lake or something. Of course kids are going to pick up on things and you can tell when Kyra isn't around the kids by what they are confident doing.
theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:05 am

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

I like the vlog, Averie and Alaya were just the sweetest. Also, Averie is talking now???
User avatar
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 1641
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 3:00 am

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

MiloandMax1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:29 pm I liked the vlog i just wish Oscar would give Alaya more credit. He acts like shes some scared child when if you remember when they went to the skate park she was doing those ramps and Levi was scared. And Oscar that was 6 months ago. The slide she was scared on I think was one that one of the kids got hurt on or they scared them on (anxiety Kyra was afraid of). It was that tall one when they went to bear lake or something. Of course kids are going to pick up on things and you can tell when Kyra isn't around the kids by what they are confident doing.
I wish that Oscar would sometimes, just stay in the background... and let the kids do what they will do. Not let them run off and get hurt or anything, but.. explore on their own, and try all the things themselves. That is the way they will get over their fears the best. Not being harassed about it, or being talked about like "you're being drama" or "you're just being scared... you're making too much out of it" yada yada yada. If I had someone doing that to me, I would never have attempted anything growing up! I was very stubborn, and if someone told me to "Just do it and get over it" in any form... I would refuse and never do it lol At least not while anyone was watching me!
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 8219
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:14 pm
MiloandMax1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:29 pm I liked the vlog i just wish Oscar would give Alaya more credit. He acts like shes some scared child when if you remember when they went to the skate park she was doing those ramps and Levi was scared. And Oscar that was 6 months ago. The slide she was scared on I think was one that one of the kids got hurt on or they scared them on (anxiety Kyra was afraid of). It was that tall one when they went to bear lake or something. Of course kids are going to pick up on things and you can tell when Kyra isn't around the kids by what they are confident doing.
I wish that Oscar would sometimes, just stay in the background... and let the kids do what they will do. Not let them run off and get hurt or anything, but.. explore on their own, and try all the things themselves. That is the way they will get over their fears the best. Not being harassed about it, or being talked about like "you're being drama" or "you're just being scared... you're making too much out of it" yada yada yada. If I had someone doing that to me, I would never have attempted anything growing up! I was very stubborn, and if someone told me to "Just do it and get over it" in any form... I would refuse and never do it lol At least not while anyone was watching me!
Or just encourage them. The more he praised Alaya the more she wanted to do it. It was cute watching them on the slide. I can understand what Oscar means when he tells Kyra he likes them older, some people just aren't baby people. I personally prefer the toddler age and people think I'm crazy for that. Lol!
User avatar
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 1641
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 3:00 am

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

MiloandMax1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:22 pm
ThisIsMeCeej wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:14 pm
MiloandMax1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:29 pm I liked the vlog i just wish Oscar would give Alaya more credit. He acts like shes some scared child when if you remember when they went to the skate park she was doing those ramps and Levi was scared. And Oscar that was 6 months ago. The slide she was scared on I think was one that one of the kids got hurt on or they scared them on (anxiety Kyra was afraid of). It was that tall one when they went to bear lake or something. Of course kids are going to pick up on things and you can tell when Kyra isn't around the kids by what they are confident doing.
I wish that Oscar would sometimes, just stay in the background... and let the kids do what they will do. Not let them run off and get hurt or anything, but.. explore on their own, and try all the things themselves. That is the way they will get over their fears the best. Not being harassed about it, or being talked about like "you're being drama" or "you're just being scared... you're making too much out of it" yada yada yada. If I had someone doing that to me, I would never have attempted anything growing up! I was very stubborn, and if someone told me to "Just do it and get over it" in any form... I would refuse and never do it lol At least not while anyone was watching me!
Or just encourage them. The more he praised Alaya the more she wanted to do it. It was cute watching them on the slide. I can understand what Oscar means when he tells Kyra he likes them older, some people just aren't baby people. I personally prefer the toddler age and people think I'm crazy for that. Lol!
That too! Encouragement and praise is always good! I like babies and toddlers.. up til around hmmm 9/10 when they start becoming tweenish and acting all "I am too good for shopping at Target or Walmart, TAKE ME TO THE MALL!" stage lol Then I am like, eh... can you not bring your kids around me anymore? (not really but.. I am thinking it lol).
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
User avatar
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 25258
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MiloandMax1 wrote:I liked the vlog i just wish Oscar would give Alaya more credit. He acts like shes some scared child when if you remember when they went to the skate park she was doing those ramps and Levi was scared. And Oscar that was 6 months ago. The slide she was scared on I think was one that one of the kids got hurt on or they scared them on (anxiety Kyra was afraid of). It was that tall one when they went to bear lake or something. Of course kids are going to pick up on things and you can tell when Kyra isn't around the kids by what they are confident doing.
Kids totally pick up on things. I have 2 mutual friends-- one who is terrified of horses and one who owns horses. The one who is terrified of horses went away for the weekend and left her daughter with the one who has horses. The daughter was fine with the horses all weekend. Then one of the horses had a foal and our friend wanted to show us. So we went over to the barn, and as soon as my friend's daughter saw her scared, she completely freaked out and wouldn't go near the same horse she had been just fine with the week before.
Kyra is going to pass on not only her bad relationship with her mom, but her fears too. Those poor kids.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 8219
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Aura was definetly the name Kyra wanted because I think she's used it more than "Roo" (which was the nn when it was going to be Aurora).
User avatar
Coco_
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by Coco_ »

i just watched the vlog where oscar takes the kids to the dentist a week early and he says they won’t let teeny make an appointment until she’s 2 or 3?? where i live babies are recommended to go to the dentist once they get their first couple of teeth... so that’s weird


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ALittleStitious
Informer
Informer
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by ALittleStitious »

Kyra logic - my incision is literally opening back up. The doctor told me what to do, but I'm gonna do it my own way.

These two really hate listening to doctors, don't they? How do you get advice from a doctor, then blatantly say you're going to do it your own way? This isn't like a small cut or common cold. It's a fucking surgical incision that is separating. Listen to the doctors. That thing is going to be infected in no time.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 8219
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

A friend of mine just had to have her incision fixed. And it started the same as Kyra's (allergic to stitches).
feelingsnacky
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by feelingsnacky »

Coco_ wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:24 am i just watched the vlog where oscar takes the kids to the dentist a week early and he says they won’t let teeny make an appointment until she’s 2 or 3?? where i live babies are recommended to go to the dentist once they get their first couple of teeth... so that’s weird


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a temporary rule due to covid.

The whole thing with her incision is TERRIFYING to me! She seems so whatevs about it. It’s so weird. Just about as terrifying as seeing that newborn laying in those blankets 😫
User avatar
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 25258
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ALittleStitious wrote:Kyra logic - my incision is literally opening back up. The doctor told me what to do, but I'm gonna do it my own way.

These two really hate listening to doctors, don't they? How do you get advice from a doctor, then blatantly say you're going to do it your own way? This isn't like a small cut or common cold. It's a fucking surgical incision that is separating. Listen to the doctors. That thing is going to be infected in no time.
It's especially stupid considering she is saying she isn't done having babies. Wouldn't she want to heal the best way possible? Does she want nasty scar tissue that might be too fragile to sustain a pregnancy?
Once again, she is being willfully ignorant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 8219
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

feelingsnacky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:27 pm
Coco_ wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:24 am i just watched the vlog where oscar takes the kids to the dentist a week early and he says they won’t let teeny make an appointment until she’s 2 or 3?? where i live babies are recommended to go to the dentist once they get their first couple of teeth... so that’s weird


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a temporary rule due to covid.

The whole thing with her incision is TERRIFYING to me! She seems so whatevs about it. It’s so weird. Just about as terrifying as seeing that newborn laying in those blankets 😫
Maybe. I know our dentist even encourages siblings to Watch so they know what to expect and Oscar did say she couldn't go because of covid
frenchfryfiend
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat May 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by frenchfryfiend »

How awesome you used my little title, thanks!

Oh gosh, I've been under the weather and haven't seen much of them lately but I did see on Kyra's vlog that she says Aura is awake 1-2 hr a day. That doesn't seem like much to me, but I don't know...
User avatar
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 25258
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by lmmomSD »

frenchfryfiend wrote:How awesome you used my little title, thanks!

Oh gosh, I've been under the weather and haven't seen much of them lately but I did see on Kyra's vlog that she says Aura is awake 1-2 hr a day. That doesn't seem like much to me, but I don't know...
Most newborns sleep a lot. Sometimes you have to wake them to feed them. But 1-2 hours awake doesn't seem like much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BrokenHeart410
Talker
Talker
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:31 am

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by BrokenHeart410 »

In the thumbnail for the vlog they are sitting down to eat Thanksgiving dinner (or at least that's what it looks like) and Levi has his tablet at the table

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 Plus using Tapatalk

wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

Some days I really can't stand Oscar and other times I'm like.... he's not terrible.


When he is acting super machismo and openly devours Levi because well he's a boy, it bothers me because he never puts as much interest in things alaya and averie like. You never see him sitting with alaya with makeup and letting her give him a makeover or paint his nails or pretend play. But if they want to ride bikes outside and Levi wants to be a typical boy he's all for it.

And then other times he seems sweet and kind and I'm just like UGH why. Like with Kyra's fucked up incision site. Most guys wouldn't even look at that and just say take care of it. He tried to help and was doing it for her. I think that's just kind of sweet. I know my husband would do anything for me if I were sick or some nasties was happening to me. No matter how grossed out he may be. And I know that's just basic human decency but you'd be surprised how many people lack that especially in their relationship.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

justsaying
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by justsaying »

To be honest, I don't see Oscar treating the kids too differently. He's playing with them outside, encouraging all of them equally to try sports . And inside, he's playing with none with them - they're on their electric devices aaall the time^^
justsaying
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: OKBaby: Too many trips, still no snip! | Part 35

Unread post by justsaying »

My heart broke a little bit when Oscar went outside and the three kids were already eating all by themselves.

Would have been so much sweeter if they had all started eating together.
Post Reply

Return to “OKBaby”