OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

Unread post by kkkk »

CIO is proven to raise cortisol levels and even once the child stops crying and sleeps, those levels remain high. Not to mention she began with it around THREE MONTHS!! (I think). Not healthy or beneficial to Levi.

Wow it's crazy how different she looked. She looked like she just weighed more before getting pregnant with Levi, and got pregnant this time at a lower weight. Curious isn't it?

Omg how could Kyra not run in and see if Levi was okay? I would've booked it in there to check on my son, not just send my husband in! She's truly odd :-/ Not naturally maternal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melliakoni »

Before I get bitched at, I'm not sure if she was more active in her last pregnancy or what I never really watched their old vlogs I'm just assuming because they seem to try and do something every day or so. So yeah

melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

blahblahblahhh wrote:And I can't believe how much younger Oscar looks there. It may not be a popular opinion here but I think Oscar was a really attractive young guy, but the rate he has aged in not even two years is crazy and not normal. It's so drastic that I would normally think it was genes, but looking at his parents that doesn't seem likely. Can you imagine what he will look like in another 5-10 years?

I agree, but he's turning 20 soon right? Men have a longer "puberty" period than women and I think their looks/physical build still develop until around 21 where as women stop between 16-18 years of age? (Correct me if I'm wrong) he definitely seems to pull his father's genes more and I've never actually seen him perhaps that's a trait of his paternal side? His mother is gorgeous along with his siblings!

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016083 ... 6c67f1.jpg[/img]
His dad has he same eye wrinkles but he's what... 40? Oscars cheek wrinkles are horrid and his dad doesn't seem to have them.

IheartBabies
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IheartBabies »

I just feel bad for Oscar as well. He is defintely aging fast and not in a good way. He has totally immersed himself in vlogging everyday, taking care of Levi, and maintaining the okbaby Channel while Kyra does what the hell she wants. I never once heard Oscar talk about his personal interests, only that he likes the park and the drone and getair?. Kyra talks about furniture themes, her vlog relaunch, essential oils, and other things she likes. Then she casually kentioned that oscar will do his own vlog channel to which he replied, i dont know what mine is gonna be. Could it be he is already tired with the vlogging? editing? um taking care of Levi he doesnt have time on hs own to even think of a new channel?

And why does it always look yucky when Kyra cooks something?
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

Well, no wonder Levi always looks anxious or downright terrified most of the time if they have been letting him cry it out since birth pretty much. And to the point that he's so upset that he throws up. Who does that to a BABY???

And it does look like Oscar does almost everything around the house and 99% of anything related to Levi. Kyra is just there... Why is she not using all of this free time she has to finish high school? Or take parenting classes at least? Or go to therapy? Anything besides lying around all day like she's in a coma.

I also wonder how Levi feels about her. Does he think Kyra is his babysitter? He does not seem to have any type of attachment to her. Actually, the kid I babysit only a few hours a week is more attached to me than Levi seems to be with Kyra. I really think she needs help and maybe there's something much bigger going on with her than just being depressed and having a bad childhood.

Thank goodness Oscar seems to be trying to do better.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Has anyone thought oscar might be on drugs. The rapid aging is weird.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

sadie wrote:Has anyone thought oscar might be on drugs. The rapid aging is weird.
Maybe being with Kyra is stressing him out causing him to age really fast!

Seriously why is Levi so much more attacked to his dad? What is going on with Kyra? Odd.

Brensmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brensmom »

Oscar is most likely so stressed because he has turned into MR. MOM. The minute he decided to stay home, Kyra didn't have to take care of Levi. Now, baby #2 is on the way....... How will he hold two babies and the camera at the same time?
lifeofgraye
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lifeofgraye »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016083 ... 65cfde.jpg[/img]
Buggy: 2015
Mini Bug: 2017
Mini Bug 2: 2018
Mini bug 3: 2019
......Image
lifeofgraye
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lifeofgraye »

Brensmom wrote:Oscar is most likely so stressed because he has turned into MR. MOM. The minute he decided to stay home, Kyra didn't have to take care of Levi. Now, baby #2 is on the way....... How will he hold two babies and the camera at the same time?
And the double stroller... And drone... And diaper... all to take them to the park... by himself. So Kyra can catch up on her 16 hours of sleep a day.

Missbreaa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Missbreaa »

I find it very odd how Kyra is not very motherly and is having a second which was planned. Levi has no bond with her. I mean I wouldn't guess that he would with her laying down all day and on the computer while Oscar is the one to do stuff with him. I get boys want their dad because I'm with my son all day and when dad is home he obviously wants him but he would never refuse his mommy like Levi does to Kyra. She just got into this lazy funk I guess. She had good intentions when he was born but again she got lazy and let Oscar do the work. Oscar is an idiot for allowing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

Unread post by kkkk »

Missbreaa wrote:I find it very odd how Kyra is not very motherly and is having a second which was planned. Levi has no bond with her. I mean I wouldn't guess that he would with her laying down all day and on the computer while Oscar is the one to do stuff with him. I get boys want their dad because I'm with my son all day and when dad is home he obviously wants him but he would never refuse his mommy like Levi does to Kyra. She just got into this lazy funk I guess. She had good intentions when he was born but again she got lazy and let Oscar do the work. Oscar is an idiot for allowing it.

I also think Oscar grew up in a more nurturing family than Kyra. Her parents seemed very emotionally unavailable. They still kind of do. It's no excuse to not be an involved mother, but might explain her unmotherly attitude? She loves Levi to death, but I don't think it's natural for her to be maternal with him. My son's the same way as yours. Always excited to see daddy, but would never refuse mommy!

perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

Missbreaa wrote:I find it very odd how Kyra is not very motherly and is having a second which was planned. Levi has no bond with her. I mean I wouldn't guess that he would with her laying down all day and on the computer while Oscar is the one to do stuff with him. I get boys want their dad because I'm with my son all day and when dad is home he obviously wants him but he would never refuse his mommy like Levi does to Kyra. She just got into this lazy funk I guess. She had good intentions when he was born but again she got lazy and let Oscar do the work. Oscar is an idiot for allowing it.

Kyra was motherly. Kyra obviously has PPD, there's little to no reason to think otherwise. Oscar wasn't always taking great care of Levi. It seems to me that either Oscar's mom or this forum alerted Oscar to the neglect he was displaying in the daily vlogs. Oscar cares a lot more about the vlog and appearances. Honestly, they're 19 and it's not surprising that he didn't know what to do when his girlfriend stopped wanting to take care of their baby. Everyone says the mother knows best and he genuinely seemed to believe that until recently. Oscar's mom is the one that ended the heavy blankets and gave Levi a pillow so he doesn't choke or get reflux. Say anything you want about that, but it definitely was a better choice that the blankets wrapped around his neck.

I don't get what you mean by Oscar is an idiot for allowing Kyra to sleep all the time?? What is he supposed to do?? He's stepping up because he's finally realized she's not going to do it. Unfortunately she's now pregnant with another baby. I can't imagine the panic he feels. I'm sure he also just views this as him supporting his family. He vlogs, he takes good care of Levi so he gets more views, he makes money, he supports Kyra and his babies. I don't know why anyone would talk down on him for that. They're just stupid kids, but he's quite obviously trying.
Missbreaa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Missbreaa »

perctpiper wrote:

Kyra was motherly. Kyra obviously has PPD, there's little to no reason to think otherwise. Oscar wasn't always taking great care of Levi. It seems to me that either Oscar's mom or this forum alerted Oscar to the neglect he was displaying in the daily vlogs. Oscar cares a lot more about the vlog and appearances. Honestly, they're 19 and it's not surprising that he didn't know what to do when his girlfriend stopped wanting to take care of their baby. Everyone says the mother knows best and he genuinely seemed to believe that until recently. Oscar's mom is the one that ended the heavy blankets and gave Levi a pillow so he doesn't choke or get reflux. Say anything you want about that, but it definitely was a better choice that the blankets wrapped around his neck.

I don't get what you mean by Oscar is an idiot for allowing Kyra to sleep all the time?? What is he supposed to do?? He's stepping up because he's finally realized she's not going to do it. Unfortunately she's now pregnant with another baby. I can't imagine the panic he feels. I'm sure he also just views this as him supporting his family. He vlogs, he takes good care of Levi so he gets more views, he makes money, he supports Kyra and his babies. I don't know why anyone would talk down on him for that. They're just stupid kids, but he's quite obviously trying.
If you re read what I said I never said Oscar isn't trying. Oscar is clearly the one doing all the work. He's an idiot for allowing Kyra to be lazy and him do all the work. Taking care of a child takes a village of people. Unfortunately with them being away from family it looks like it's just Oscar while Kyra coasts her life away. His priorities need some work but I think he's a good dad.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Why would you have another baby when poor Awwsky is Mr Mom to baby #1? She's barely a Mother.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

I agree. Oscar is doing his best. I applaud him for his efforts, despite the many mistakes he's making (and don't we all at some point).

I wanted to say something about the 'crying it out' issue. This saddens me to hear that Kyra is using this method. I believe I mentioned in one of my previous comments that I had a young OB/GYN once tell me that providing my son his needs then would lead to greater independence later. Our son simply would not sleep by himself, starting at the newborn stage. At one point (and I'm ashamed to say this), I was so exhausted I allowed my son to scream in his crib for three hours before I finally went in to get him. When I saw how traumatized he was, I burst into tears. Unfortunately, during that time, I had a physician who encouraged the crying it out issue. I knew in my heart this wasn't the right thing to do, but went along with it just the same, hoping to get some rest myself.

If you could have seen how traumatized our son was after this three hour stand-off...I STILL feel guilty to this day. It was horrible and I vowed to never, ever do that to our son again. We co-slept (with side cot attached to our bed), until he no longer felt the need to sleep with me. Years ago (and maybe to this day), the method of parenting I used with our son was/called attachment parenting. I am SO glad I listened to this young OB/GYN; he had much sympathy for me as I explained to him my lack of sleep, but insisted my son was providing me with cues that he NEEDED me, as his Mom, to meet his needs.

Here's a clip of a comment from an article I just found, discussing this topic:

"...According to a behaviorist view completely ignorant of human development, the child 'has to be taught to be independent.' We can confirm now that forcing "independence" on a baby leads to greater dependence. Instead, giving babies what they need leads to greater independence later. In anthropological reports of small-band hunter-gatherers, parents took care of every need of babies and young children. Toddlers felt confident enough (and so did their parents) to walk into the bush on their own (see Hunter-Gatherer Childhoods, edited by Hewlett & Lamb, 2005)..."

Here's the link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mo ... ing-it-out

I feel SO passionate about this topic, that I came out of lurkdom (I seldom post comments here). Kyra, if you read these comments (and I hope you do), I hope you spend some time researching this issue. For starters, PLEASE discontinue giving Levi a bottle when he goes to sleep. He does need to learn to self-soothe. I know Oscar hates pacifiers, but you may want to re-evaluate your positions on that, given the serious risk you may be incurring with bottle rot in the future.

A nice, warm bath every night before bed-time (be consistent with this, no matter what); a bed time story every night - anything that soothes and comforts will help before bed time. Fixing up Levi's room to make him feel more at home may help, too. A bed time cuddle bear/stuffed animal (not too big) may help. Fisher-Price has what they call a Projection Soother for babies; they're not too expensive. We used this with our son - worked wonders.

Sometimes the infant's body clock is all off if he/she has been kept up past their normal bed time. Sticking to a solid routine will really help Levi in the long run.
melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

I wonder if she's gonna try breastfeeding again or just go straight to formula? Maybe her decision to stop breastfeeding completely has something to do with her disconnection to Levi?

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

She did say she plans on breast feeding her second; for around 3 months.
K_K18
Talker
Talker

Unread post by K_K18 »

millercoop wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016083 ... 69ec4d.jpg[/img]

Also, I don't know much about pregnancy but does anyone know why Kyra looked so different during her first pregnancy? I just find it weird she gained so much weight with Levi but isn't this time. I'm assuming it's not all about her diet either because we see her eating unhealthy all the time.

The face fat doesn't have to do with weight gain or diet! My face got chubby in my pregnancy also, but I didn't gain a single ounce of fat on my body. It was just all the extra fluids in my body that made my face swell up, then it went back down to a skinny face after I gave birth. You saw this with Kyra after she gave birth to Levi. It is completely normal to get a chubby face during a pregnancy! Also, each pregnancy is different. So, she may not swell up in this pregnancy like she did with Levi.

Return to “OKBaby”