K_K18
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

Unread post by K_K18 »

melliakoni wrote:
Bayareamom wrote:She did say she plans on breast feeding her second; for around 3 months.
I think that's silly to only breastfeed for a short while Image but at least it's something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, her body, her choice. I don't like shaming mothers for choosing to breastfeed or not. 3 months is good! Passes antibodies onto the baby and such, a few months is better than nothing. When I breast fed, I did it for both mine and my daughters benefits. I liked the idea of getting my body back from breastfeeding, and her getting the best nutrition! Unfortunately, after about 5 weeks, I got an infection and then couldn't pump enough to keep my supply going. But I'm thankful my daughter got that many weeks of breastfeeding and I loved how it put me straight back to my pre baby weight. If I had another, I probably would breastfeed again for the both of us. But breastfeeding or not, it's a mothers body so it's their choice on if they do/don't and for how long. It's very hard mentally and physically on a woman's body!

Missbreaa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Missbreaa »

I agree. It's her choice if she wasn't to breastfeed or not. It's very hard to stick with it. I breast fed for two weeks. My son was born at 10 pounds. My supply wasn't keeping up with him and he was constantly hungry. I give her props for trying and wanting to do it again for the new baby. Breastfeeding is tough but rewarding with the nutrients.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melliakoni »

K_K18 wrote:
melliakoni wrote:
Bayareamom wrote:She did say she plans on breast feeding her second; for around 3 months.
I think that's silly to only breastfeed for a short while Image but at least it's something.

Honestly, her body, her choice. I don't like shaming mothers for choosing to breastfeed or not. 3 months is good! Passes antibodies onto the baby and such, a few months is better than nothing. When I breast fed, I did it for both mine and my daughters benefits. I liked the idea of getting my body back from breastfeeding, and her getting the best nutrition! Unfortunately, after about 5 weeks, I got an infection and then couldn't pump enough to keep my supply going. But I'm thankful my daughter got that many weeks of breastfeeding and I loved how it put me straight back to my pre baby weight. If I had another, I probably would breastfeed again for the both of us. But breastfeeding or not, it's a mothers body so it's their choice on if they do/don't and for how long. It's very hard mentally and physically on a woman's body!

I agree it's her choice of course and breastfeeding even if only for a short while is greatly beneficial. I wasn't shaming her. I just don't see how you can make a decision of only breastfeeding for three months before actually seeing how things go. I am aware that mothers have to stop breastfeeding for various personal and health reasons and see nothing wrong with that. It just seems like such a weird time period for me? When I hear mommies talk about how long they plan to breastfeed I usually hear "a year" "no more than a year and a half" and things like that. So it was just confusing hearing that she was planning on only breastfeeding for three months. Of course it's up to her, there's no shame in her decision. Luckily, I've never had an infection/clogged milk ducts etc so far while breastfeeding! I just am unable to pump enough for my daughter when I have to leave her to attend classes. She absolutely refuses a bottle! Breastmilk or formula Image
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frustratedytwatcher »

Brensmom wrote:
frustratedytwatcher wrote:Anyone think O and K smoke pot?
Wondering what the theory is on this....I'm intrigued! Do tell?
I think it would definitely be a way K tries to deal with her depressive tendencies and it seems like she was a heavy party girl at 16/17/18 right up until getting pregnant. I can just imagine her lazing around smoking but not sure if O would be into it or not. On the new season of teen mom one of them deals with depression and anxiety and admitted to doing pot regularly. K seems to have the same swings in mood ie guurrrlll rants hysteria to feeling low and she gets confused/ loses thoughts so easily.
puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

I'm pretty sure there were pictures/comments on Kyra's Twitter way before Levi that showed her smoking pot or talking about smoking pot. I'm positive her and Oscar at the very least used to smoke. Remember that Oscar worked at a vape shop when Kyra got pregnant. Vaping and smoking weed are two different things, but I'd be shocked if an 18-year-old working at a vape shop didn't also smoke some weed.

As for the CIO stuff, I disagree with letting a baby cry for hours on end or cry until he throws up, but I do think letting babies cry it out for a short period of time is important in having them learn how to self soothe. Obviously I would never suggest having a baby younger than 5 or 6 months cry it out, but at Levi's age, I don't see anything wrong with letting him cry for 10 minutes or so before going in to comfort him (albeit lights off, don't pick him up, don't stimulate him too much the way O especially is prone to do). Maybe start with shorter time interval (two minutes of crying before comfort, then four minutes of crying and so on). The problem with O and K is that they probably don't have agreed upon times of how long to let him cry. They just figure cry it out means cry until he's totally exhausted and cried himself to sleep after hours of screaming.

At the other end of the spectrum, my baby cousin is nine months old and his parents will not let him cry at all. They immediately jump in to soothe, whether he's crying during play time or whether it's when going to sleep. You can't take anything away from him because then he'll cry, and that's not ok in their book, so he ends up playing with all kinds of things that he probably shouldn't have. And he doesn't sleep at night. He still sleeps in a pack n play in their room, not his own crib, and he doesn't sleep for longer than 90 minutes/two hours at a time. The second he starts crying, my cousin picks him up to nurse him as comfort. He still doesn't self soothe, he needs to be held always, he isn't eating solids well (probably because of all the nursing) and my cousin is totally exhausted and stressed out because she hasn't slept in nine months. Then again, my cousins also wouldn't burp the little guy when he was a newborn because they were scared he'd spit up. The poor baby was always so bloated with gas and was fussy all the time.

Extremes either way are bad. Letting a baby cry for hours or get way too worked up is bad, but so is not allowing a child to cry at all (in my opinion).
puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

I'm pretty sure there were pictures/comments on Kyra's Twitter way before Levi that showed her smoking pot or talking about smoking pot. I'm positive her and Oscar at the very least used to smoke. Remember that Oscar worked at a vape shop when Kyra got pregnant. Vaping and smoking weed are two different things, but I'd be shocked if an 18-year-old working at a vape shop didn't also smoke some weed.

As for the CIO stuff, I disagree with letting a baby cry for hours on end or cry until he throws up, but I do think letting babies cry it out for a short period of time is important in having them learn how to self soothe. Obviously I would never suggest having a baby younger than 5 or 6 months cry it out, but at Levi's age, I don't see anything wrong with letting him cry for 10 minutes or so before going in to comfort him (albeit lights off, don't pick him up, don't stimulate him too much the way O especially is prone to do). Maybe start with shorter time interval (two minutes of crying before comfort, then four minutes of crying and so on). The problem with O and K is that they probably don't have agreed upon times of how long to let him cry. They just figure cry it out means cry until he's totally exhausted and cried himself to sleep after hours of screaming.

At the other end of the spectrum, my baby cousin is nine months old and his parents will not let him cry at all. They immediately jump in to soothe, whether he's crying during play time or whether it's when going to sleep. You can't take anything away from him because then he'll cry, and that's not ok in their book, so he ends up playing with all kinds of things that he probably shouldn't have. And he doesn't sleep at night. He still sleeps in a pack n play in their room, not his own crib, and he doesn't sleep for longer than 90 minutes/two hours at a time. The second he starts crying, my cousin picks him up to nurse him as comfort. He still doesn't self soothe, he needs to be held always, he isn't eating solids well (probably because of all the nursing) and my cousin is totally exhausted and stressed out because she hasn't slept in nine months. Then again, my cousins also wouldn't burp the little guy when he was a newborn because they were scared he'd spit up. The poor baby was always so bloated with gas and was fussy all the time.

Extremes either way are bad. Letting a baby cry for hours or get way too worked up is bad, but so is not allowing a child to cry at all (in my opinion).
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Yeah there's other ways of doing CIO without making your baby cry for hours. It's ok for them to cry for 10 minutes or so, go in and soothe them and then leave and repeat. Letting a baby cry for hours alone is obviously going to cause them more stress than anything and it's not going to achieve anything.
Also, as parents we know the difference in their cries. Protest cries and distress cries are very different. Babies do need to know how to self soothe.

lunathemoon
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by lunathemoon »

does it bother anyone else on how dirty their house gets so easily, i mean i understand that they don't have furniture so everything is all over the place but i don't think it means to throw everything on the floor and "pick it up" once it looks horrific.
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

lunathemoon wrote:does it bother anyone else on how dirty their house gets so easily, i mean i understand that they don't have furniture so everything is all over the place but i don't think it means to throw everything on the floor and "pick it up" once it looks horrific.
Yep! Even in the library vlog, when they make a big point about cleaning the kitchen there was still a bunch of crap on the floor when they were done.

DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

Unread post by DeeplyMissable »

Oscar literally breaks everything.
DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

Unread post by DeeplyMissable »

Kyra does seem like a terrible cook, but she IS young. I just feel bad for Oscar, you can always tell he doesn't really like it each time, he's just too nice. I remember when I started cooking, I learned a lot from Food Network in the beginning. She could at least learn a thing or two from those Tasty / Proper Tasty videos on Facebook.
ahhXcapslock
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ahhXcapslock »

I cannot believe they let Levi cry until he threw up. My firstborn pretty much ruled bedtime for over a year whether he wanted to cosleep or sleep in his crib but wake up 6-7 times so when I had my daughter I decided I was doing it differently. I would never let her cry more than 9 minutes (my fav number, and I'd stare at the clock) after one round of crying for 9 mins, going in and checking on her, halfway through the next 9 minutes she would be sleeping. An hour is freakin ridiculous. 20 minutes seems ridiculous to me. He knows to sleep when he's tired, they never had problems with him fighting sleep so maybe he's just not tired yet! They give him two sometimes three 2-3 hour naps and then expect him to go to bed at 7:30? What? My 7 month old goes to bed around 9 and wakes up at 7, takes an 1-2 hour nap in the morning and an 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. my son only took 2 naps at that age as well. they make me so mad but I cant stop watching
excited_nugget
Informer
Informer

Unread post by excited_nugget »

DeeplyMissable wrote:Kyra does seem like a terrible cook, but she IS young. I just feel bad for Oscar, you can always tell he doesn't really like it each time, he's just too nice. I remember when I started cooking, I learned a lot from Food Network in the beginning. She could at least learn a thing or two from those Tasty / Proper Tasty videos on Facebook.
Being young has nothing to do with it though.
We all clearly know she's lazy, so she just lacks the drive to be a better cook.

dfwthismommy2015
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dfwthismommy2015 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016090 ... 0d1e7b.jpg[/img]

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

dfwthismommy2015 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016090 ... 0d1e7b.jpg[/img]

ImageImageImage

Babydustfairy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Babydustfairy »

I'm surprised (well not really) kyra acts as if her lack of hygiene is no big deal. Isn't she concerned for her baby? She could easily get one of those bacterial infections down there which could be deadly for the baby. She needs to learn how to be more responsible
pikapikachu
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pikapikachu »

I'm guilty of going back and watching every one of their vlogs. I've been watching them since they had about 5k subs. They were pretty good parents when Levi was a newborn. Of course they had faults but they were first time parents. Kyra had a great bond with Levi. As the months went on she drifted from him. She has no issue handing him off to Oscar. I honestly think it has to do with how she grew up.
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

pikapikachu wrote:I'm guilty of going back and watching every one of their vlogs. I've been watching them since they had about 5k subs. They were pretty good parents when Levi was a newborn. Of course they had faults but they were first time parents. Kyra had a great bond with Levi. As the months went on she drifted from him. She has no issue handing him off to Oscar. I honestly think it has to do with how she grew up.
I was just thinking this... I miss the days when she genuinely seemed like a good mommy but now he's older and does more than just lie in bed with her she is so not interested. I felt like they were obsessed with his safety as a newborn and of course like every first-timer they made mistakes but now it seems like they just don't care for example they must know a bare crib is best, they must know about bottle rot but nope they carry on disregarding rules that are there for the good of parent and baby. It's so frustrating and sad. I also would place a bet now that when baby #2 is three months they get pregnant again and so on and so on, she has mentioned wanting alot of kids, god knows why as she doesn't enjoy Levi!! But that cycle will be perfect for her to just care for the 0-3 month old then be ttc and pregnant so have the excuse to sleep and do nothing while oscar gains more and more lives to attempt to nurture ALONE and keep the channel going!! One last point it's also so hilarious to me that K used to say before any of this she always wanted to make a beauty channel and that was her original passion, now she wants to remove all beauty from her channel because she's so lazy and probably hated all the critisism for how bad she was at makeup anyway. Her idea of these 'lifestyle' videos will probably be O running around filming her doing all the camera work while she does some awful crock pot meal. It really bugs me how she wants O to be in all her pregnancy updates as well, some may disagree with me and I know it's the father's baby too but i just feel it's a nice chance for the mother to talk about the pregnancy as after all she is the only one who knows what it's like to be pregnant! In their case we see enough of them together every day, why not just have her channel really be her channel. Probably worried people like O way more and need him for the views.
frustratedytwatcher
Amateur
Amateur

DeeplyMissable wrote:Oscar literally breaks everything.
I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! Please god tell me they have insurance for all their extremely expensive equipment. I've never broken or damaged a thing in my life so I don't bother with insurance but O breaks everything he takes a glance at so they would have to be so stupid not to take it!! He's got to be in the thousands worth of damaged property by now. OMG.
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beanboozled »

I do miss those times when they were (not the best but..) good parents to Levi when he was younger. Greaseball would even be upset the moment when they started to pitch in formula instead of pure breastmilk all the time.

Maybe its because a few months ago, it wasnt all about the money, they were more concerned of caring for theit child and making memories thru videos and sharin it with their supporters.

But now, I think theyre just doing it to comply the daily vlogs (make sure not yo miss one day, or else their paycheck will be short) and they care less and less about Levi (especially K)

Giving credits to Oscar though, atleast he's trying to be a good father, in the few consecutive vlogs (not just 2 or 3, i think about 5) there were always moments when levi would always reach for Oscar

Return to “OKBaby”