OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby- Part 3: #SaveLevi

Unread post by melliakoni »

I do believe they live pretty frugally for the money they must pull in. Also YouTube checks do not have taxes automatically taken out so to be safe they probably have to put away 1/3 of their check to pay proper taxes. I think it's smart to put away a good chunk of their money to one day purchase a house however I think they should be taking advantage of the money they have to buy better quality foods. I also think that they should be furthering their educations now since neither of them work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

But who knows maybe they're also saving to pay for classes all at once rather than making monthly payments etc.

puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

It's amazing sometimes to compare O and K to other young parents on YouTube. I watch videos from an Australian mother of six kids ages four and under (they had a spontaneous set of triplets). The parents are 23, have three toddlers and three infants, no daily help and not much money and they still manage to spend quality time with their children, feed them nutritious and balanced meals and even teach them reading, counting and math. In the video I watched today, the three- and four-year-old were doing addition and some multiplication (they even knew the answers to 100+100 and 100x100).

It's such a stark contrast to go from those vlogs to OKBaby where Kyra is too busy snapchatting and tweeting pictures of food to pay attention to her son. She can't even figure out how to play with his baby toys with him. I give Oscar a bit more credit than Kyra because he actually seems interested in attempting to parent Levi, but mostly he's just off flying his drone somewhere inconvenient or breaking whatever new and expensive toy he just bought himself.

Young parents can be good parents. Oscar and Kyra say it themselves all the time. Unfortunately neither Oscar nor Kyra seem interested in putting in the time and effort it takes to become a good parent.
DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

Unread post by DeeplyMissable »

I don't hate Oscar's montages, I actually find the drone footage quite fascinating, it's the MUSIC that kills me. Stupid chipmunk sounds. I have to mute it every single time.
DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

So the camera IS totally destroyed, and Oscar goes, "Well in my defense I wasn't really that impressed with it." WOW.
addyrs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by addyrs »

puzzledbyit28 wrote:It's amazing sometimes to compare O and K to other young parents on YouTube. I watch videos from an Australian mother of six kids ages four and under (they had a spontaneous set of triplets). The parents are 23, have three toddlers and three infants, no daily help and not much money and they still manage to spend quality time with their children, feed them nutritious and balanced meals and even teach them reading, counting and math. In the video I watched today, the three- and four-year-old were doing addition and some multiplication (they even knew the answers to 100+100 and 100x100).

It's such a stark contrast to go from those vlogs to OKBaby where Kyra is too busy snapchatting and tweeting pictures of food to pay attention to her son. She can't even figure out how to play with his baby toys with him. I give Oscar a bit more credit than Kyra because he actually seems interested in attempting to parent Levi, but mostly he's just off flying his drone somewhere inconvenient or breaking whatever new and expensive toy he just bought himself.

Young parents can be good parents. Oscar and Kyra say it themselves all the time. Unfortunately neither Oscar nor Kyra seem interested in putting in the time and effort it takes to become a good parent.
Ah! Chloe, Rohie, and Beans! I watch them too. The difference between O&K and them is incredible. I am so impressed how smart Evan, Otto, and Felix are and I love how the family spends so much time going to parks, playing together, and as a result the kids learn so much. C&R are significantly better young parents than O&K.
vesti
Informer
Informer

Unread post by vesti »

DeeplyMissable wrote:So the camera IS totally destroyed, and Oscar goes, "Well in my defense I wasn't really that impressed with it." WOW.
He is SUCH a dick!
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beanboozled »

agreed on one of the posts above^

I like O's drone footages too, I do hope he'll be more careful with using/flying it. It already crashed twice!

Kinda feel sorry for them for what happened with the new camera, it wasnt intentional, but it couldve been prevented, the camera fell and soaked in the sink full of water for more than 15 seconds for crying out loud! I was only a few days old :(
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

How much was that camera?

loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

I was going to post about Chloe and Beans too! But i wasn't sure if i was allowed to 'promote' someone. I don't agree with a few aspects of their parenting style but overall they do an amazing job and those kids are amazingly bright (and nurtured to be so)
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

blahblahblahhh wrote:How much was that camera?

She said it was almost as much as their rent, however much that is!

mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

I no longer give these morons views and I rely on this website to provide the run down lol Who did baby choose in the latest vlog? If it wasnt Oscar ill bet its was because Kyra hadnt fed Levi and she was holding treats hahaha
melliakoni
Amateur
Amateur

mydietsucks_1 wrote:I no longer give these morons views and I rely on this website to provide the run down lol Who did baby choose in the latest vlog? If it wasnt Oscar ill bet its was because Kyra hadnt fed Levi and she was holding treats hahaha
It was Oscar lol. Took him a few seconds to decide with almost no hesitation

DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

I looked up the camera on Amazon (where they seem to buy everything) and it was 1,200
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

puzzledbyit28 wrote:It's amazing sometimes to compare O and K to other young parents on YouTube. I watch videos from an Australian mother of six kids ages four and under (they had a spontaneous set of triplets). The parents are 23, have three toddlers and three infants, no daily help and not much money and they still manage to spend quality time with their children, feed them nutritious and balanced meals and even teach them reading, counting and math. In the video I watched today, the three- and four-year-old were doing addition and some multiplication (they even knew the answers to 100+100 and 100x100).

Whats the name of the channel?
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

OK just found them. Very cute. Not your typical Aussie situation
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DeeplyMissable wrote:
Sweet456 wrote:Idk why she is expecting an engagement ring they haven't been together that long! If awksey doesn't feel right about it at the moment let him be. I don't think that it helps any pressuring the situation
Seriously! They haven't even been together two years until September, I think. For someone their age, two years is way too soon for an engagement ring.
Been lurking, but I had to comment on this. It's too soon to expect an engagement ring but not too soon to move in and have two kids together?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”