smashleysays
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Unread post by smashleysays »

jellybean953 wrote:
smashleysays wrote:Ummm. I just discovered these people last night. Wtf is wrong with them. And I don't mean in regards to parenting, maturity, life choices... They are just genuinely weird and obnoxious. Like what is so appealing about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

literally my thoughts exactly.. they are ridiculously obnoxious
All of their videos are the same:
"Goooooooooood morning it's a beautiful day full of beautiful life it's so fun it so great!" *squints and makes a facial expression like he's trying not to shit himself* Then Kyra chimes in and responds in her high pitched, squealy, defensive tone. Then cue Girl. Baby. Babe. Beautiful. No girl. Hey girl bye girl. Love you beautiful. Miss you baby.

annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

basically,they such as vloggers, parents and humans but they are 19 year Olds who became friends as Kyras best friend was Oscar's high school sweetheart.
Kyra got him and got pregnant within 3 months( she already had a small beauty channel) They moved to Montana originally but hated it so moved to salt lake.
They are currently pregnant with their PLANNED child the soon to be lady bug , little sister to Levi ( commonly referred to as buggy) They are obnoxious,lazy,immature and ungrateful , It's the car crash you can stop looking at

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

suck not such

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

jellybean953 wrote:so, I am not familiar with this channel but came across one of their videos because it was in my suggestions.. I did not realize that there were more annoying vloggers than daily bumps! Oscar is so obnoxious and you can tell everything recorded is so unauthentic.. everything is for the sake of the camera and super annoying.. can anyone else fill me in with basic details about them?
Oscar morales-
dad to buggy n mini bug(lady bug)-19(20 this weekend, I guess) - job: edit vlogs till 5am
Hobbies:scream " good morning bug buddies", go to parks n hikes for vlog content, bump buggy with camera, dunk him in fountain and make sure to laugh when he cries when he falls face first, get air
Loves words like Keeeses(kisses), meeese(miss)
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Ok to be fair, Spanish is his oscar's first language (like it was mine) and we naturally pronounce i's to sound like an English double e's. So I'm sure it's just natural / his accent. And kyra just copies bc she think it's cute? Idk lol

RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

dnbunny wrote:Ok to be fair, Spanish is his oscar's first language (like it was mine) and we naturally pronounce i's to sound like an English double e's. So I'm sure it's just natural / his accent. And kyra just copies bc she think it's cute? Idk lol

I understand what you're saying but I think it's the fake Russian accent that is what people think is annoying! They never used to talk like that in their vlogs until earlier this year when their channel started taking off. It absolutely drives me nuts and is one of the reasons I had to stop watching! Oscar comes off as extremely fake. Whenever I've see him in other vlogs or Kyra's snap, he's a completely different person. I wonder why that is? Why he feels the need to be overly happy and hyper during the vlogs? I know that he does take YT seriously so my e he thinks that's what all the preteens like. I've actually seen people comment about how Oscar is coming off fake and of course, they got attacked by an army of bug buddies claiming that they were just jealous.

I really wish they would go back to how they were before they had all these subscribers. They were way more relatable and I was really rooting for them. Unfortunately, I think this is what usually happens to family vloggers who take off, they change.

Back to the fake accent and the repetitive phrases. Yes, it's extremely annoying but he's still young. He'll grow out of it as he gets older and more mature. I have to remind myself sometimes that even though he is a "dad" he's still a socially awkward teenager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
beanboozled
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beanboozled »

Yes it was odd watching them on Keren and Khoa's vlogs when they visited OK

They seemed like an introvert family when the camera isnt recording, especially at build-a-bear and their trip to the aquarium, they would just stand in the corner and be silent(build-a-bear), or sit on the corner quietly(aquarium), not that its a bad thing, but the point here is ---the difference of the way they act (esp O) on their vlogs and behind the scene is outstanding.

Thats another thing that I like about KKandBabyJ, Keren and Khoa are not too hyper, or overly joyful on vlogs, sometimes they even come off as boring to some, but what they show on their vlogs is exactly who they/how they act on public. (this time, are as seen on OK vlogs)
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

caraaa wrote:I'm not even a parent but it bothers me that they turn out the light and shut the door on Levi when he's standing up in his crib and not tucked in. I feel like he'll fall/hit his head on the side, plus wouldn't you want to make sure he's nice and tucked in for the night?
Babies won't be tucked in most of the time lol they want to always be part of the action. my 10 month old won't lay down until I leave the room with the light shut off. Otherwise he thinks it's playtime.

Not saying kyra and Oscar are great parents or anything, they suck.

especially leaving him alone with bottles and tons of blankets in his bed. I would be worried about him waking up in the middle of the night and drinking spoiled milk. I've seen dirty bottles in Levi's crib from the night before the next morning and after long naps. Yuk

Babydustfairy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Babydustfairy »

Tbh Oscar would have been a great cheerleader. All of his forced and over the top face expressions remind me of the time I did allstar cheer
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
caraaa wrote:I'm not even a parent but it bothers me that they turn out the light and shut the door on Levi when he's standing up in his crib and not tucked in. I feel like he'll fall/hit his head on the side, plus wouldn't you want to make sure he's nice and tucked in for the night?
Babies won't be tucked in most of the time lol they want to always be part of the action. my 10 month old won't lay down until I leave the room with the light shut off. Otherwise he thinks it's playtime.

Not saying kyra and Oscar are great parents or anything, they suck.

especially leaving him alone with bottles and tons of blankets in his bed. I would be worried about him waking up in the middle of the night and drinking spoiled milk. I've seen dirty bottles in Levi's crib from the night before the next morning and after long naps. Yuk

Oh definitely, once they start standing bedtime because more like a sport. Mine would lie down and go to sleep once id left the room (id watch them on the monitor) and they'd do that up until they were nearly 2 and then they'd let me actually tuck them in and they'd stay lying down and go to sleep.

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

jellybean953 wrote:so, I am not familiar with this channel but came across one of their videos because it was in my suggestions.. I did not realize that there were more annoying vloggers than daily bumps! Oscar is so obnoxious and you can tell everything recorded is so unauthentic.. everything is for the sake of the camera and super annoying.. can anyone else fill me in with basic details about them?
Continuing..
Kyra renee
Age-19
Job- used to vlog with Oscar in their main channel n her channel, now she cares only about her channel
Hobbies- shove formula bottles into buggy's mouth, sleep all day, mind $20 to buy toys for buggy, also likes to put her son in the closet during nap times cos shes lazy to buy curtains
Loves- herself(#kbabe), defends herself when someone points out she's wrong n uses her bug buddy army who are 12 yr olds for the same
Fav words- Awwskey, girrrl, slay

Buggy
Actual name- levi but his own parents have forgotten that, confuses him even more cos this is the age babies respond to their name. This baby is stuck with buggy :D
11 month old
Is a quiet easy baby that makes his parents take parenting lightly
He has no schedule
Sleeps in closet , has one toy keren got for him, a teddy bear n a walker.
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Vlogs
Always vlogging n edited by oscar
Content:where they go in the day
Schedule- no schedule
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

dnbunny wrote:Ok to be fair, Spanish is his oscar's first language (like it was mine) and we naturally pronounce i's to sound like an English double e's. So I'm sure it's just natural / his accent. And kyra just copies bc she think it's cute? Idk lol

I'm not sure how well Oscar speaks Spanish. I'm sure he understands it perfectly but he doesn't seem comfortable speaking it at all. That's just what I've observed in the vlogs. And as far as I've observed he has absolutely no accent in English, sounds completely American. I think that accent is just that weird accent he and Kyra like to use. It's really strange and really annoying.

SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

kkkk wrote:

I'm not sure how well Oscar speaks Spanish. I'm sure he understands it perfectly but he doesn't seem comfortable speaking it at all. That's just what I've observed in the vlogs. And as far as I've observed he has absolutely no accent in English, sounds completely American. I think that accent is just that weird accent he and Kyra like to use. It's really strange and really annoying.

He's probably like me. I'm Italian, my family is Italian, I speak Italian at home, but I was brought up in England since I was six years old and I only live with my dad. The rest of my family is in Italy. I can understand Italian just fine but can't speak it perfectly. I speak it well enough to get by in life but the older I've become, the less confident I've become speaking it. People don't always believe I can speak Italian. I can, I just despise being put on the spot because it takes more thinking for me to speak it than it does English.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

kkkk wrote:

He is 100% fluent in Spanish. I've heard him speak it on younow and for the most part his pronunciation is completely accurate. The thing he gets tripped up on is reading but that's to be expected as most of us fluent in Spanish by first language rarely learned proper grammar. They're speaking in a Spanish accent with their i's by turning them into the Spanish sounding ee's. It's not Russian, they're just fooling around. However, I think it's borderline racist / offensive for kyra who is a white girl mimicking a Spanish accent when she shows zero knowledge of the culture and has even said she doesn't care if Levi learns Spanish. (Idiot)

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Also! I've heard him talk to him mom / grandma predominately in Spanish. If you go back in early vlogs he talks about how his family only speaks Spanish at home, and kyra mentions that it makes her uncomfortable as she doesn't know what they're saying.

caraaa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by caraaa »

rottiemama wrote:

I understand what you're saying but I think it's the fake Russian accent that is what people think is annoying! They never used to talk like that in their vlogs until earlier this year when their channel started taking off. It absolutely drives me nuts and is one of the reasons I had to stop watching! Oscar comes off as extremely fake. Whenever I've see him in other vlogs or Kyra's snap, he's a completely different person. I wonder why that is? Why he feels the need to be overly happy and hyper during the vlogs? I know that he does take YT seriously so my e he thinks that's what all the preteens like. I've actually seen people comment about how Oscar is coming off fake and of course, they got attacked by an army of bug buddies claiming that they were just jealous.

I really wish they would go back to how they were before they had all these subscribers. They were way more relatable and I was really rooting for them. Unfortunately, I think this is what usually happens to family vloggers who take off, they change.

Back to the fake accent and the repetitive phrases. Yes, it's extremely annoying but he's still young. He'll grow out of it as he gets older and more mature. I have to remind myself sometimes that even though he is a "dad" he's still a socially awkward teenager.

He acts overly excited like that because their audience is 97% little kids and they're desperately trying to keep them engaged. They know kids are watching so they have to act like kids to attract kids.
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

dnbunny wrote:
kkkk wrote:

He is 100% fluent in Spanish. I've heard him speak it on younow and for the most part his pronunciation is completely accurate. The thing he gets tripped up on is reading but that's to be expected as most of us fluent in Spanish by first language rarely learned proper grammar. They're speaking in a Spanish accent with their i's by turning them into the Spanish sounding ee's. It's not Russian, they're just fooling around. However, I think it's borderline racist / offensive for kyra who is a white girl mimicking a Spanish accent when she shows zero knowledge of the culture and has even said she doesn't care if Levi learns Spanish. (Idiot)

IMG_0260.JPG
Ahhh!!! It is NOT RACIST!!!!! Nothing Kyra does could ever be considered as racist!! She does not think she's better than Oscar because she's white and he's Mexican. Even if she did do things similar to Mexican culture, couldn't that mean that she just simply likes it? Why is it considered "racist" because she is a white girl?

I don't believe that they are talking in a "Spanish" accent because that's the way Oscar naturally talks, they say weird words in weird ways because just like someone else said...they're weird!!

I'm sorry, I live in the US and right now the word "racist" gets thrown around so freely that I don't even know if people truly know what the word means. It's a very strong word with a lot of consequences. It seems like nowadays, anytime someone disagrees with another person, they are automatically called a racist. I may not agree with even 10% of what Kyra does but she is definitely not a racist. Immature yes, thinks she's superior, no! If anything she lacks self esteem.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brensmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brensmom »

rottiemama wrote:
dnbunny wrote:
kkkk wrote:

IMG_0260.JPG
Ahhh!!! It is NOT RACIST!!!!! Nothing Kyra does could ever be considered as racist!! She does not think she's better than Oscar because she's white and he's Mexican. Even if she did do things similar to Mexican culture, couldn't that mean that she just simply likes it? Why is it considered "racist" because she is a white girl?

I don't believe that they are talking in a "Spanish" accent because that's the way Oscar naturally talks, they say weird words in weird ways because just like someone else said...they're weird!!

I'm sorry, I live in the US and right now the word "racist" gets thrown around so freely that I don't even know if people truly know what the word means. It's a very strong word with a lot of consequences. It seems like nowadays, anytime someone disagrees with another person, they are automatically called a racist. I may not agree with even 10% of what Kyra does but she is definitely not a racist. Immature yes, thinks she's superior, no! If anything she lacks self esteem.

I agree. Kyra is definitely not trying to be racist.

At our house, on occasion, we use accents, crazy made up words( scrumpalicious, when something is extra tasty!) and I'm sure pull some faces that would make people question our sanity. BUT, it's all in good fun and we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

rottiemama wrote:
dnbunny wrote:
kkkk wrote:

IMG_0260.JPG

Actually, racism can be defined by a variety of things. It's not black and white. Until you've experienced racism or discrimination it's unfair to "define" what it means. It's not up to you to decide for a person of color what racism means... anyway, By appropriating someone's culture, or speaking in an animated/false accent it turns that culture into a caricature! It comes across as having disregard for that culture. Regardless of the accent they're trying to do, it's just weird and unnecessary. Most people have common sense to not walk around insulting other people's cultures. I'm obviously not going to go around talking in a "Chinese" accent because I think it's funny or cute. It's rude and insulting.

I'm telling you, as someone ALSO born in Mexico, ALSO having Spanish as a first language. That "accent" they're play speaking in is, in fact, Spanish. I can understand why Oscar sometimes speaks that way as it is natural to pronounce i's as ee's. I don't always do it, but sometimes slip into it subconsciously. Kyra mimics it because she's around Oscar who does it constantly lol. I never said she was racist... I'm just offended she thinks it's okay when it's not.

Return to “OKBaby”