NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NotSoOKBaby: Part 4 [OKBaby]

Unread post by kkkk »

msgmiscc wrote:I can't believe some of you actually think it's his Spanish accent lol They're CLEARLY just gooding around with weird accents for the heck of it. If it were real that's how Oscar would speak 24/7... let's use some logic yeah?
Agreed!!! Oscar speaks perfect English it's not an involuntary Spanish influenced accent at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

kkkk wrote:
msgmiscc wrote:I can't believe some of you actually think it's his Spanish accent lol They're CLEARLY just gooding around with weird accents for the heck of it. If it were real that's how Oscar would speak 24/7... let's use some logic yeah?
Agreed!!! Oscar speaks perfect English it's not an involuntary Spanish influenced accent at all.

Exactly
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

My cousin learned Spanish as his first language since my aunt is from Nicaragua, but he has no accent when he speaks in English (Okay he does, it's a southern accent). He doesn't randomly slip into a Spanish accent subconsciously unless he is speaking Spanish. Oscar and Keera remind me of my friend group in like Freshman year of high school. We used to speak in weird accents that sounded Russian/Spanish all the time because we thought it was funny.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

No. just NO. Lol. I speak Spanish as my first language and always slip into the same accent subconsciously while he does lol. And I don't even have a Spanish accent when I speak English! I just do it sometimes

Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Spanish is my first language as well, I didn't learn English until I was 14. I have no accent when I speak English and I don't "slip" into an accent. Oscar and Kyra are doing it on purpose. I don't even see how anyone can even believe it's because Oscar's first language is Spanish. They're just trying to be cute but it's annoying as hell.

:love2:
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

ETA: I don't "slip" into a Spanish accent.

:love2:
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Rofl Oscar n kyra think it's " cute" to talk that way, got nothing to do with accents. Neither is he slipping nor is she being racist. :D :D they do it on purpose. Otherwise just for one or two words he doesn't consistently "slip". :D
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

Off topic.

I just started watching them. I really like that Oscar took buggy to that park area and flew the drone. It is so nice to see a dad take some one-on-one time with his child without a tv. Especially someone in nature. Buggy looked so happy to watch the drone and be with his dad.
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

SaltandBurn wrote:Off topic.

I just started watching them. I really like that Oscar took buggy to that park area and flew the drone. It is so nice to see a dad take some one-on-one time with his child without a tv. Especially someone in nature. Buggy looked so happy to watch the drone and be with his dad.
What would have been even better is if oscar actually played with him..
Instead of trying to the good shots for a video
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

Emcee wrote:Spanish is my first language as well, I didn't learn English until I was 14. I have no accent when I speak English and I don't "slip" into an accent. Oscar and Kyra are doing it on purpose. I don't even see how anyone can even believe it's because Oscar's first language is Spanish. They're just trying to be cute but it's annoying as hell.

Hahahaha it's actually making me laugh people think this dumb accent is real...

I've never heard a Spanish speaking person say

" oh da Bogus geeve meee sum keeeeesses! Yew juss need a babas"
Hahahahaha
Brensmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brensmom »

I thought that was cute too! I'm glad he didn't get all scratched up by those bushes. Also, you think Kyra would participate more in their outings. She seems to think it's "Stupid" that Oscar goes to the park so much.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
SaltandBurn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SaltandBurn »

Brensmom wrote:

I thought that was cute too! I'm glad he didn't get all scratched up by those bushes. Also, you think Kyra would participate more in their outings. She seems to think it's "Stupid" that Oscar goes to the park so much.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
It would be nice if she came too, but I kind of believe in having certain pasttimes with each parent. Some of my best memories with my dad are riding our bikes through the city. We didnt talk or stop to play. It was just nice being with him. And I only ever did that with my dad. Like I said, one on one time is so important.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Emcee wrote:Spanish is my first language as well, I didn't learn English until I was 14. I have no accent when I speak English and I don't "slip" into an accent. Oscar and Kyra are doing it on purpose. I don't even see how anyone can even believe it's because Oscar's first language is Spanish. They're just trying to be cute but it's annoying as hell.

This is what I mean! They're doing it on purpose lol yes. But my point is they're mimicking some variation of a Spanish accent and it's annoying / rude.

Neonbatsintrees
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Neonbatsintrees »

Looks like Kyra is starting to work on putting Levi to bed sans bottle. She posted on Twitter about it.

Here's to hoping they push past the struggle and stick with the fight!
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

dnbunny wrote:
No. just NO. Lol. I speak Spanish as my first language and always slip into the same accent subconsciously while he does lol. And I don't even have a Spanish accent when I speak English! I just do it sometimes

Spanish is also my first language, I didn't learn English until I was 10 years old. I don't have an accent, I never "slip" into an accent, most people don't believe that Spanish is my first language. It is painfully obvious that they're goofing around with stupid accents.
tmarieme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tmarieme »

dnbunny wrote:Also! I've heard him talk to him mom / grandma predominately in Spanish. If you go back in early vlogs he talks about how his family only speaks Spanish at home, and kyra mentions that it makes her uncomfortable as she doesn't know what they're saying.

I know this wasn't the post this was brought up on but I havent figured out how to only quote a part
Anyway it's so interesting that you said that he probably doesn't read Spanish well but can speak it perfectly. As someone who learned Spanish later I can read it pretty well but can't speak or even understand it the best. I mean it makes sense since those who are brought up in a different language than most of the country the country speaks mostly learn to speak rather than grammar but it's still interesting.
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

mac-n-cheese wrote:

Hahahaha it's actually making me laugh people think this dumb accent is real...

I've never heard a Spanish speaking person say

" oh da Bogus geeve meee sum keeeeesses! Yew juss need a babas"
Hahahahaha
LMFAO!!! This ^^^
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Is she serious about having savings for the next 5yrs? Why do they spend so frugally? Shop decor from dollar store, think twice before buying toys/curtains, sell buggy's car seat, buying clothes. Forget luxury they don't spend on bare necessities. Why?
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

They finally got a new car seat though! Kudos?

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Why sell Levi's car seat when they're having another baby. (I haven't watched the vlog yet so they might have said in there) It just makes no sense to me.

Return to “OKBaby”