Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: StillNotOKBaby: Part 5

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

...can we talk about this for a min...
I just....I don't even...wow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

I'm LIVID with their bug buddies. Saying oh don't apologize, people are so sensitive, you did nothing wrong blah blah. They did the right thing by acknowledging their mistake and their stupid 10 year old followers need to realize they're not perfect and that they made a mistake. I hope they ignore those stupid comments because they TRULY ticked me off. I'm not Native American, I was not offended, but that doesn't mean others weren't offended and that it was okay. OK realized what they did and educated themselves. So bravo OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

mac-n-cheese wrote:...can we talk about this for a min...
THAT MADE ME CRINGE SO HARD! I'm glad Kyra said, "uh, no sir" but gosh REALLY OSCAR
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
THAT MADE ME CRINGE SO HARD! I'm glad Kyra said, "uh, no sir" but gosh REALLY OSCAR
I was surprised Kyra had said something
And OT but stay alive friend |-/

hannahjilliancom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hannahjilliancom »

I couldn't believe that. The real problem here that I have is as Oscar has shown time and time again, if Kyra isn't there he'll do that stuff even if she has told him in the past not to. I bet he does it again if Kyra isn't there.

Sent from my E5506 using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

kgiff77 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:
I was surprised Kyra had said something
And OT but stay alive friend |-/

You too fren |-/
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

hannahjilliancom wrote:
I couldn't believe that. The real problem here that I have is as Oscar has shown time and time again, if Kyra isn't there he'll do that stuff even if she has told him in the past not to. I bet he does it again if Kyra isn't there.

I've noticed that too
Brensmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brensmom »

I might be wrong here, but I didn't feel like the apology video was heartfelt. I feel like she saw the responses on Twitter before they dressed up as Native Americans and was probably thinking "I'll do what I want". Now she's like, oh I didn't realize how offensive it was. Yes Kyra, yes you did, but decided to do it anyways. Let's do it, then apologize. That makes it OK right?
hannahjilliancom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hannahjilliancom »

Brensmom wrote:I might be wrong here, but I didn't feel like the apology video was heartfelt. I feel like she saw the responses on Twitter before they dressed up as Native Americans and was probably thinking "I'll do what I want". Now she's like, oh I didn't realize how offensive it was. Yes Kyra, yes you did, but decided to do it anyways. Let's do it, then apologize. That makes it OK right?
Yeah definitely. She saw the responses but did it because she wanted to and decided that she'd worry about the "haters" later. She knew it was wrong and blatantly didn't care.

Brensmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Brensmom »

hannahjilliancom wrote:
Brensmom wrote:I might be wrong here, but I didn't feel like the apology video was heartfelt. I feel like she saw the responses on Twitter before they dressed up as Native Americans and was probably thinking "I'll do what I want". Now she's like, oh I didn't realize how offensive it was. Yes Kyra, yes you did, but decided to do it anyways. Let's do it, then apologize. That makes it OK right?
Yeah definitely. She saw the responses but did it because she wanted to and decided that she'd worry about the "haters" later. She knew it was wrong and blatantly didn't care.

I agree. Kyra thinks she has all these haters, when really they just question her judgment. I feel like they would have taken down the IG picture and not shown the video. But, hey they got the attention they wanted.
Plasterdonut
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Plasterdonut »

mac-n-cheese wrote:Lol... wait is Kyra turning 1?
Wheres her smash cake?
That's kind of harsh man. The decor is mediocre, yeah but what do you really expect of a guy. At least he tried and she seems grateful.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

To be honest, I agree. I like to think it was genuine, but if they TRULY cared they wouldn't have dressed that way in the first place. She disregarded the initial tweets because "it was the normal amount of hate" she gets for anything she does. But it's regarding a culture and a group of people, not buying a bag. So it's a little different.. I can see ignoring hate about a hand bag or something stupid. But when it comes to the sensitivity of dressing as someone's culture and people discouraging it for those reasons, I found it insensitive of her to disregard it. But who knows, hopefully we're wrong. She admitted they were ignorant and had no idea what was going on in that culture so maybe that's why she ignored those tweets and treated it regular hate comments... but I feel like they don't get stupid hate comments. Do they? Most negative comments I've seen have been in regards to Levi's poor care in certain situations, lack of schedule and seriousness in their job/uploading and now this.

lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Tinolovee wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. It's so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are apologetic for dressing up as Native Americans. I don't follow Kyra on Twitter, but from what I understand, there were a fair amount of people that sent her links on cultural appropriation WITHOUT being offensive. My guess is that she just didn't care/didn't like anyone telling her not to do something and they are only now deciding to apologize because they wanted to put the Vlog up. I do hope that if they are apologetic, it's truly genuine - it's just hard to believe. I've been watching them for a long time and it's kind of funny that in the very beginning, they used to talk about appreciating all the advice they would receive because they were new parents and it was new territory for them. If I remember correctly, Kyra would sometimes ask the viewers questions for advice. I absolutely hate to judge other people's parenting, but they just don't have the fervor to be great parents like they used to. Their Youtube fame has given them big heads and they just aren't relate able to me anymore.
I agree. The things she was saying in the apology were kind of contradictory. She said that they only got that costume because it was the only one they agreed on AND most importantly it was the only one with a family set. BUT it didn't. They didn't buy Levi's costume there. They bought it later AFTER all the drama on Twitter. They ignored it then because "Haters be strong, girl". Then they post the photo and got the same "hate" there. I think that's what opened their eyes to how controversial it was. But I do believe they were embarrassed and ashamed they didn't know it would be a problem and that they didn't listen when people tried to warn them. I don't like that Kyra was trying to make excuses on why she didn't listen saying that was the only family costume they could find and agree on and she gets hate all the time for everything she does do she ignored it. Just say you didn't know and your sorry and leave it at that.
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

ameenruby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ameenruby »

Tinolovee wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. It's so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are apologetic for dressing up as Native Americans. I don't follow Kyra on Twitter, but from what I understand, there were a fair amount of people that sent her links on cultural appropriation WITHOUT being offensive. My guess is that she just didn't care/didn't like anyone telling her not to do something and they are only now deciding to apologize because they wanted to put the Vlog up. I do hope that if they are apologetic, it's truly genuine - it's just hard to believe. I've been watching them for a long time and it's kind of funny that in the very beginning, they used to talk about appreciating all the advice they would receive because they were new parents and it was new territory for them. If I remember correctly, Kyra would sometimes ask the viewers questions for advice. I absolutely hate to judge other people's parenting, but they just don't have the fervor to be great parents like they used to. Their Youtube fame has given them big heads and they just aren't relate able to me anymore.

People were sending her links as she was already searching for a costume for Levi to match them. This was on Halloween. I doubt she even saw the tweets until way after they had already gone out, and dressed up. In the vlog you can clearly tell she was very busy trying to say goodbye to family, and rushing to get to everyone to keep everyone pleased.

It's clear to me their apology was sincere, and genuine..

Return to “OKBaby”