LDS Thread

This section houses all of the debates and discussions held in the Boxing Ring.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: LDS Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 pm
rdt1004 wrote:This threads been dead for a while, but I wanted to bump it and share this video from a pair of exmormons who I've recently subscribed to on youtube. Their channel name is Zelph on the Shelf and they're two young exmos who just make videos about their experiences and reading lds articles and news. This video is on 2 dating tips they have for exmos and a little insight on the indoctrination on getting married asap and how the churches really pushes that.
The push to get married quickly is 100% to grow the membership as quickly as possible, and to discourage any outside exploration that may lead the youth to question the church’s authority.

Staying in the bubble and around “positive” influences is easier to manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is from soooo long ago but as someone who used to to be lds YES THIS IS TRUE... when i graduated high school my community wanted me to go on a mission trip or basically start the process of getting married. its how they control you, they get young people before they're even able to get out in the world. ive watched people be discouraged from going into college right after high school because there's this fear that young people are "lose in the faith" and can easily be jaded if exposed to non lds situations which is why in my community girls would graduate high school and volunteer while still living at home, theyd eventually get married, have their first child and THEN go to school. they want you buried in the faith before they feel its socially acceptable to let you mingle with those outside. extremely isolating and it's so common you dont even realize that's what they're doing while they're in it. and if they do go to college? it's literally one of two schools and those schools are normally packed with lds members and kids and some of the professors are lds as well. not to give away my location but the school i was ushered to go to was mainly LDS, for profit and i had so many evangelical studies requirements it almost matched my regular classes. basically half and half

Return to “Debates/Discussions”