• Advertisement

Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby onbreak » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:09 am

I cant believe working with and being able to namedrop the lannings he cant get tons of free trips. He had to pick up something useful during his time there. Johnson Fam surely did.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby A BUCKET 1+ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 am

And so it seems they have taken their mooching to beautiful Hawaii.
I really hope the comment above about it being a working vacation is true. That might me a novel way to bring in viewers. It would certainly be a new spin on things.
A BUCKET 1+
Wallflower

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 am

They are on Maui. They were definitely in a little town called Paia - which is a really cute town. I'm guessing the woman who picked them up is also hosting them at her house. I'm also guessing they are staying somewhere "upcountry," as it does have a bit of a reputation for being a "hippie" area and any friend of theirs probably falls into that category.... LOL

If for some reason they ARE renting a place on their own, it would be at least $3000 for a couple of weeks. They've already said they have a lot debt, so how foolish to spend money they literally don't have?!?!?

Are they going to rent their own car? I can't imagine riding in the back of a truck like that. If they were, they probably would have got one right at the airport. It will be really hard for them to get around without a car if they are staying upcountry or even farther east, like Hana.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm

I had friends who did stuff like that. They worked really hard in the off season so they could be ski bums all winter.
But they didn't have children, and they didn't couch surf, and like I said, they worked hard in the off season.
This is just irresponsible.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I had friends who did stuff like that. They worked really hard in the off season so they could be ski bums all winter.
But they didn't have children, and they didn't couch surf, and like I said, they worked hard in the off season.
This is just irresponsible.

Yes, there are people in my beach town who only come here in the winter during "season" to get jobs in hospitality services - like the country clubs and private communities - and then they go back up north for the "season" there during summer. But all of those people are young and don't have kids. Definitely not a way to live with a family and kids.

I don't think Corbin is working there at all. They saw one horse by the side of the road, that doesn't mean anything. Upcountry is rural and agricultural, but Corbin working on a farm is a serious stretch. LOL, Corbin "working" at all is a serious stretch.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby Sunshiner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:34 pm

They've had about 350 subs in 5 weeks. That's gotta hurt! Unfortunately for them it's no surprise but I bet Corbin is $hitting himself every evening when he realises all his ideas are not working. I feel sorry for the next kid. I get it if they're ready for another but it's a terrible living situation and they can easily both get jobs, still vlog because they won't be relying on it for income and probably succeed a lot more at it! Shame they don't see that.
Sunshiner
Amateur

Postby lavenderlove » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Well when I said I thought he'd be working there, I meant "working". Just like he was "working" for the Lannings. There's gotta be some reason he has to justify this trip. Doesn't actually mean he'll do it, or be good at it. I'm guessing they'll have to go home early because he won't want to break a nail or anything. I just don't think there's any way this is JUST some month long vacation, when they literally have no money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
lavenderlove
Talker

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Im not sure why they are there. I can only hope its in exchange for some type of work and theyre not footing the bill for a month long vacay....also if they had any sense they'd pump out the vlogs and show interesting things. Hopefully they do a better job with the vlogs then they did on their camper trip...
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby jmoysa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:03 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Im not sure why they are there. I can only hope its in exchange for some type of work and theyre not footing the bill for a month long vacay....also if they had any sense they'd pump out the vlogs and show interesting things. Hopefully they do a better job with the vlogs then they did on their camper trip...

Don’t expect too much with the vlogs... he just posted a picture of a turtle as their pet for the next month. It also looks like they might not be close to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmoysa
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm

I wonder if they will explain where Paris is?? Leaving that poor, old dog for a month is just another asshole move by them.

I still think they are crashing at a friend's house. Looks like they still haven't rented a car. I just can't imagine they can get someone to give them free accommodations for that long during peak travel season. Even when Bitchy Bonnie and family went to Hawaii for a month last year, I'm pretty sure they paid for it themselves.

AirBNB does give free rooms to travel vloggers, but C&K just aren't that popular...or really travel vloggers.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby jmoysa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am

So we were right... they’re house sitting!!! I’m at a loss for words how irresponsible and stupid these two are. Kelsey giving the amazing house tour almost made me want to gag. They definitely are upcountry, so no running to get their lattes. There are other family members who live on the property it sounds like, so I wonder why there needs to be a house sitter?

Wonder how long it will take before they complain about the “Hawaiian alarm clocks” ie the roosters waking them at the crack of dawn. Or Corbin screaming like girl the first time he sees a cane spider??? I have a feeling they won’t last the month especially when they see how much it cost for food and gas. Maybe they’re going to use that truck.

jmoysa
Talker

Postby jmoysa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am

So we were right... they’re house sitting!!! I’m at a loss for words how irresponsible and stupid these two are. Kelsey giving the amazing house tour almost made me want to gag. They definitely are upcountry, so no running to get their lattes. There are other family members who live on the property it sounds like, so I wonder why there needs to be a house sitter?

Wonder how long it will take before they complain about the “Hawaiian alarm clocks” ie the roosters waking them at the crack of dawn. Or Corbin screaming like girl the first time he sees a cane spider??? I have a feeling they won’t last the month especially when they see how much it cost for food and gas. Maybe they’re going to use that truck.

jmoysa
Talker

Postby jmoysa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:50 am

jmoysa
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am

jmoysa wrote:So we were right... they’re house sitting!!! I’m at a loss for words how irresponsible and stupid these two are. Kelsey giving the amazing house tour almost made me want to gag. They definitely are upcountry, so no running to get their lattes. There are other family members who live on the property it sounds like, so I wonder why there needs to be a house sitter?

I think she said other houses on the property, not necessarily family members. Sounds like a hippie commune to me! LOL!

Yes, their friend probably didn't need a house-sitter, but C&K were probably desperate to get away from Idaho and their problems and their parents. I do wonder if this is the "Hawaii" Kelsey was expecting. Upcountry is pretty, but it's NOT typical tourist Hawaii. Like you said, they'll have to drive to get anywhere and see anything. I guess, at the very least, they are avoiding crowds. ;)

Also, I'd LOVE to know what "Hawaiian food" Kelsey is planning to make. Haha! Plate lunch with a side of SPAM?? J/K, but that's actually pretty tasty!

If they are smart (and they're not), they'll go to the Costco by the airport and stock up for the month. Otherwise, food/living supplies/diapers/eating out and gas will get expensive. Living on Maui is not cheap.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby lavenderlove » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:26 am

Can someone describe what up country is like? Particularly, how far of a drive is it to stores or restaurants? How far of a drive is it to the beach? An estimate, is it 10 minutes, or an hour?

lavenderlove
Talker

Postby jmoysa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:31 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
jmoysa wrote:So we were right... they’re house sitting!!! I’m at a loss for words how irresponsible and stupid these two are. Kelsey giving the amazing house tour almost made me want to gag. They definitely are upcountry, so no running to get their lattes. There are other family members who live on the property it sounds like, so I wonder why there needs to be a house sitter?

I think she said other houses on the property, not necessarily family members. Sounds like a hippie commune to me! LOL!

Yes, their friend probably didn't need a house-sitter, but C&K were probably desperate to get away from Idaho and their problems and their parents. I do wonder if this is the "Hawaii" Kelsey was expecting. Upcountry is pretty, but it's NOT typical tourist Hawaii. Like you said, they'll have to drive to get anywhere and see anything. I guess, at the very least, they are avoiding crowds. ;)

Also, I'd LOVE to know what "Hawaiian food" Kelsey is planning to make. Haha! Plate lunch with a side of SPAM?? J/K, but that's actually pretty tasty!

If they are smart (and they're not), they'll go to the Costco by the airport and stock up for the month. Otherwise, food/living supplies/diapers/eating out and gas will get expensive. Living on Maui is not cheap.

So many things that they have no idea about. Have to laugh at your plate lunch comment. I’ve wondered all along about them eating local food. We live in a very local area on Oahu, and it’s a rude awakening to a lot of tourist.

I’m really wondering what they’re going to show on these 8 minute vlogs. There are so many unique things about Hawaii that so many people don’t know about that would be of interest. I doubt they’ll go into it.

jmoysa
Talker

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 am

How fucking sad. Look what can be accomplished if you work really hard and don't just expect handouts like Kelsey and Corbin you could have a gorgeous home. I would be fucking embarrassed to be them. They can't even afford a basic one bedroom in bum fuck Idaho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
True Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 pm

lavenderlove wrote:Can someone describe what up country is like? Particularly, how far of a drive is it to stores or restaurants? How far of a drive is it to the beach? An estimate, is it 10 minutes, or an hour?

Upcountry is really basically inland Maui. Farmland, agriculture, rural. It's like being in the country. I love Polli's Mexican restaurant in Makawao, but I haven't spent much time in the area in general. It's cute and HIPPIE, but more residential than touristy.

I'm not sure where there are exactly (somewhere near Paia or Haiku is my guess), so they are probably a 20-ish minute drive from the closest nice beach, but they are more than an hour from my favorite beach, Makena Beach near Wailea.

Obviously it's a free place to stay, but I think it will be hard to do stuff with June having to drive everywhere — especially if they just have that truck as transportation. Unless they have a babysitter, I don't see how they will be able to take a scuba excursion.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:09 pm

OT, but does anyone know where C&K went for their honeymoon?? Or if they even went on one? I don't think they were daily vlogging back then.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby Nothankyou » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:47 pm

Steps_to_STFU wrote:How fucking sad. Look what can be accomplished if you work really hard and don't just expect handouts like Kelsey and Corbin you could have a gorgeous home. I would be fucking embarrassed to be them. They can't even afford a basic one bedroom in bum fuck Idaho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. It must be demoralizing to stay somewhere like this and realize if you actually put any effort into life you could have something like this too. But I guess only functioning adults would feel that way. Not glorified teenagers pretending they are “wandering.”

Nothankyou
Informer

Postby jmoysa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:19 pm

He posted an ad on IG for the movie Christopher Robin. They’re in the RV talking about taking time off from wandering to just be a family. Guess this how they’re going to bring in $$$ since their channel is failing until she gets pregnant.

jmoysa
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 pm

jmoysa wrote:He posted an ad on IG for the movie Christopher Robin. They’re in the RV talking about taking time off from wandering to just be a family. Guess this how they’re going to bring in $$$ since their channel is failing until she gets pregnant.

Yeah, I suspect they will do as many #ADs as they can during the holiday season — which is prime #AD revenue season for YTers and SM. I know these YTers love the $$$$$, but it definitely gets annoying to see ads, ads, ads every day from now though Christmas. IG is totally just turning into an advertising platform.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby jmoysa » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 am

Corbin, you pretentious snob!!! You and your family are not Hawaiian!!! Even after your month of freeloading you won’t be Hawaiian!!!

Of course they went out to eat. Why not show where they went? Why not show more of the beach and surrounding area?

It’s the tropics you idiot! Life is slower because of the warmth. Why not look up what Shaka actually means (not sure he’d get it) and it doesn’t mean sit around and be lazy.

They did not move to Hawaii. This is not their house. I thought it was interesting that they didn’t show more of the “friend” and her family. I also think they’re splitting days into multiple vlogs. They said today that Corbin took the family to the airport but on the tour, the house didn’t look like a family was getting ready to leave for a month.

Ok rant over for now.

jmoysa
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:40 am

Kelsey, you are so relaxed BECAUSE YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!! I guess painting two rooms really wore her out for the year. LOL, cleaning up her laptop desktop was an accomplishment?? You can tell she's never had a real job.

Corbin is getting even more annoying in Hawaii. The "Moving to Hawaii" clickbait is probably going to be in the title daily. Just like "moving" into the van and "moving" into the RV. These people...FFS! The only place they're actually moving to is a tiny room at her mom's house. :D ;)

Anyway, they are either staying at or next to Maui Moon Farm. Easy to find out because of Turbo the Tortoise.

They really do need to show more and explain more if they want these to be travel-ish vlogs. But that's always been their problem. They didn't even explain WHICH Baby Beach they were at - there are two on Maui. Watching them do nothing on a hammock or sit on a couch drinking cocktails and talking about how much they love Hawaii for a month isn't going to be all that interesting.

Of course, they do nothing all day ALL the time, so I don't have higher expectations for Hawaii.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper

Postby A BUCKET 1+ » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Either Kelsey has worn the same clothes a couple of days in a row, or what we have seen is one day of videoing, broken up and spread over a few days. Because you know, you can't work every single day

A BUCKET 1+
Wallflower

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Wander Family - Steps to Wander