Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by fossilfinger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

jmoysa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:08 pm
Not sure I understand by only having his name on the house is a hint regarding his parents.
Yeah, I'm also not sure why that would be relevant, especially since Idaho is a community property state, so it's not like she wouldn't have equal rights to the property if they did split.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

I would guess his name being on the house has to do with credit and not his parents. She probably has poor or little to no credit. Which would mean if he had good credit they’d get a better rate leaving her off the mortgage papers.
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 pm

I am guessing this is a trailer convertionthe whole house does not look right! Thread title:
No steps to wander!
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Yeah some of you totally nailed the house sneek peek of the color on corbs insta! June’s running along a very narrow space next to a gazilion flower boxes near a dilapidated fence! Garden seems tiny too! Can’t get my head around why they purchased this?
Why not rent? They were dead set on Cal and how June would grow up there,then in a year were changing their tune! This house is depressing to me I don’t know why it gives me such an uneasy vibe!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm

endof wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:42 pm
Yeah some of you totally nailed the house sneek peek of the color on corbs insta! June’s running along a very narrow space next to a gazilion flower boxes near a dilapidated fence! Garden seems tiny too! Can’t get my head around why they purchased this?
Why not rent? They were dead set on Cal and how June would grow up there,then in a year were changing their tune! This house is depressing to me I don’t know why it gives me such an uneasy vibe!
???? Why was there any question about the house we found online? It was listed in his name in the tax records. We knew it was their house the same day they posted the house tour.
jmoysa
Informer
Informer

Post by jmoysa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 am

So Corbin talks about more problems with the house, drains and ducts. I really don’t think they got the home warranty. I’m also wondering about the home inspection. Maybe these things showed up on the inspection and Corbin didn’t think they were that big a deal. Water heater me day and now this. He blames everything on it being an old house.

Even told Kelsey to expect mice since it’s an old house! We’ve lived in old homes and never had mice. Could be living to a vacant field? Did they have stuff stored in several places?

Kelsey “ the house fits us like a glove”. Is she realizing how small it is? That table is just too big to have in the living room to. Geezzz how long did she go on about the shelf organizer.

Get a better feel just how small those rooms are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm
endof wrote:
???? Why was there any question about the house we found online? It was listed in his name in the tax records. We knew it was their house the same day they posted the house tour.
Oh never new that thought it was guess work sorry never knew you had that info!?
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
endof wrote:
..... and now knowing that, creepy right everyone knowing their address?! Didn’t sb threaten Kels and the baby sometime back scary stuff!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 am

endof wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am
ewokfan11 wrote:
endof wrote:
..... and now knowing that, creepy right everyone knowing their address?! Didn’t sb threaten Kels and the baby sometime back scary stuff!
Well, it's public record and we've never posted the address.
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:49 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 am
endof wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am
ewokfan11 wrote:

Well, it's public record and we've never posted the address.
Sorry I think yo misunderstood I am thrilled you put anything you found out there I just did not know it was definite I thought it was guessing! That is why I said bravo you nailed it! I didn’t know you had found the name! I enjoy all info!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:17 am

jmoysa wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 am
So Corbin talks about more problems with the house, drains and ducts. I really don’t think they got the home warranty. I’m also wondering about the home inspection. Maybe these things showed up on the inspection and Corbin didn’t think they were that big a deal. Water heater me day and now this. He blames everything on it being an old house.

Even told Kelsey to expect mice since it’s an old house! We’ve lived in old homes and never had mice. Could be living to a vacant field? Did they have stuff stored in several places?

Kelsey “ the house fits us like a glove”. Is she realizing how small it is? That table is just too big to have in the living room to. Geezzz how long did she go on about the shelf organizer.

Get a better feel just how small those rooms are.
A clogged drain and dirty vents usually aren't too serious. I'd consider those chores more than repairs. I am curious if the former owners even lived there. Wasn't it vacant when they bought it? All the listing photos showed it empty.

Yeah, the mouse thing is a bit ridiculous. A brand new house can have mice! He said the mouse came from the storage unit stuff? Gross. They'd better plan on washing everything they were storing...especially dishes, pots, pans, etc. Oops, they don't have a dishwasher! LOL!

These two are real tricksters. Kelsey said they'd been unpacking for two days and referred to something in the comments about the bed bolts...but if they'd been there two days then it would only be Thursday/Friday in real time and they didn't post a video about the bed issue at all until Sunday. And, again, plenty of outfit changes.

The house is looking smaller and smaller the more they unpack.
dreamingangel210
Talker
Talker

Post by dreamingangel210 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 am

I’m happy they found a home but I have a feeling bring on more boring vlogs.. it is like the last move they did all over again but this time I feel even more disconnected watching them. Why do they have to act so secretive, like they think it is creating suspense but really is alienating the viewers.
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

I am getting a feeling Kels pushed for this buy Corbin is far from thrilled! All the videos before he was low key and she stressed jumping around. He made comments in the nature of sign our life away/ today, Kels better learn to live with mice!? He is over drumming the world “old” house whereas Kels uses ‘character’ she is overly positive she will make this work he whines! I think he told her no but she was dead set in her panic from losing the first one. On a positive not I find it hysterical how June mimics everything coming out their mouth, it almost sounds like she is mocking them! She is definitely at a very cute stage now I wish they would show more communication with her and things she does, so much more interesting to watch!
Dramaqueen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Dramaqueen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

endof wrote:I am getting a feeling Kels pushed for this buy Corbin is far from thrilled! All the videos before he was low key and she stressed jumping around. He made comments in the nature of sign our life away/ today, Kels better learn to live with mice!? He is over drumming the world “old” house whereas Kels uses ‘character’ she is overly positive she will make this work he whines! I think he told her no but she was dead set in her panic from losing the first one. On a positive not I find it hysterical how June mimics everything coming out their mouth, it almost sounds like she is mocking them! She is definitely at a very cute stage now I wish they would show more communication with her and things she does, so much more interesting to watch!
Absolutely 100% agree with you. I picked up on the same vibe through all these house buying vlogs. Corbin hates the idea of settling down in Idaho, he fancies himself a hipster and this is a huge step down for him. I think he also hates the old house. I’m surprised he compromised on buying a house even. Probably because it’s not his money at stake but mom and pop. He will be bolting from Idaho soon.

Kelsey on the other hand is dumb as rocks with her dancing and naive comments about the “charming house”. I think she was tired of being homeless (and rightly so) but has no work ethic so just settled and pushed for the first thing she could find.

I imagine they have been fighting all this time because they are literally at opposite sides. Kelsey wants to be a suburban soccer mom and not work. Corbin wants the hipster life and most importantly wants to show it off.

They are going to be tired of this “vintagey” home very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
endof
Informer
Informer

Post by endof » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

Dramaqueen wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am
endof wrote:I am getting a feeling Kels pushed for this buy Corbin is far from thrilled! All the videos before he was low key and she stressed jumping around. He made comments in the nature of sign our life away/ today, Kels better learn to live with mice!? He is over drumming the world “old” house whereas Kels uses ‘character’ she is overly positive she will make this work he whines! I think he told her no but she was dead set in her panic from losing the first one. On a positive not I find it hysterical how June mimics everything coming out their mouth, it almost sounds like she is mocking them! She is definitely at a very cute stage now I wish they would show more communication with her and things she does, so much more interesting to watch!
Absolutely 100% agree with you. I picked up on the same vibe through all these house buying vlogs. Corbin hates the idea of settling down in Idaho, he fancies himself a hipster and this is a huge step down for him. I think he also hates the old house. I’m surprised he compromised on buying a house even. Probably because it’s not his money at stake but mom and pop. He will be bolting from Idaho soon.

Kelsey on the other hand is dumb as rocks with her dancing and naive comments about the “charming house”. I think she was tired of being homeless (and rightly so) but has no work ethic so just settled and pushed for the first thing she could find.

I imagine they have been fighting all this time because they are literally at opposite sides. Kelsey wants to be a suburban soccer mom and not work. Corbin wants the hipster life and most importantly wants to show it off.

They are going to be tired of this “vintagey” home very soon

Haha yes! Especially when there is no where to escape each other, throw in terrible twos hahaha! They will put it up for sale before the year ends and sell us a story we are wanderers or second baby does not fit, geese! What happened to Porto Rico? Again hahahaha?
crew96
Talker
Talker

Post by crew96 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I would guess his name being on the house has to do with credit and not his parents. She probably has poor or little to no credit. Which would mean if he had good credit they’d get a better rate leaving her off the mortgage papers.
The information I found (county recorder) - both their names are on it.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm

You know what though when (not *if*) they accept that this house wasn't the smartest purchase I would actually love to watch vlogs of them discussing it. If they could be honest. Because I think jumping on a house that isn't what you want or need is a mistake many first time home buyers (heck even second or third time buyers) make. I know my husband and I did, our first house purchase opened the door in a lot of ways for us in the renovation/flip world of homes but had we listened to our parents and just waited vs. buying what was on the market at the time in our price range we could have been better off. It wasn't suitable to our needs, other then needing a lot of renovating haha, we just got lucky when we sold that the market was better then when we bought a few years earlier (and my husband is an amazing carpenter so renovations were inexpensive).
But I think Kelsey and Corbin could have some potential to show how they make a small house work, and then being real and honest about why its not working could bring in some views. Id rather watch that then someone lie out their teeth about how much charm and storage this house has.
Last edited by FakingIt_MakingIt on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm

crew96 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I would guess his name being on the house has to do with credit and not his parents. She probably has poor or little to no credit. Which would mean if he had good credit they’d get a better rate leaving her off the mortgage papers.

Ok. Other posters implied otherwise so I was just offering up a thought on why it might be. Im not invested enough to look up records lol, I looked up the house listing and that's all. :)
Dramaqueen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Dramaqueen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm

crew96 wrote:

Yeah putting her name on the title has nothing to do with credit. Credit history and credit scores come into play with the loan.
But I’m absolutely certain that they both have shit scores. Corbin might have slightly better scores likely if his parents taught him about finances. Banks take not only credit into consideration but also debt to income ratio which I think is sky high for them.
I still don’t understand how they qualified

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm
crew96 wrote:

Yeah putting her name on the title has nothing to do with credit. Credit history and credit scores come into play with the loan.
But I’m absolutely certain that they both have shit scores. Corbin might have slightly better scores likely if his parents taught him about finances. Banks take not only credit into consideration but also debt to income ratio which I think is sky high for them.

I think Corbin could have all right credit...his parents likely paid for schooling and a lot of his living expenses.

I agree though, I don't know how they managed to qualify unless they were gifted a large down payment.
Dramaqueen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Dramaqueen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm
crew96 wrote: The information I found (county recorder) - both their names are on it.

I think Corbin could have all right credit...his parents likely paid for schooling and a lot of his living expenses.

I agree though, I don't know how they managed to qualify unless they were gifted a large down payment.
True he might have decent credit and then they got a cash gift?? Why do his parents enable him so much
Kelsey must have thought she’s set for life marrying into his family

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm
crew96 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

Ok. Other posters implied otherwise so I was just offering up a thought on why it might be. Im not invested enough to look up records lol, I looked up the house listing and that's all. :)
The property tax assessor only has Corbin A. Scott listed as "primary owner," but the county recorder has both. That's probably where the confusion came from.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:08 pm

But he doesn't seem to have good credit. They both had/have maxed out CCs, student loans and LOTS of expenses. Didn't they say they have like $2000 in bills alone each month (not including housing)? They made that video when they were living in the RV and I was astounded how much they owe.

Corbin's parents are middle class, so I doubt they paid the $70,000 a year it costs to attend Chapman University. He definitely has student loans. So does Kelsey.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

But he doesn't seem to have good credit. They both had/have maxed out CCs, student loans and LOTS of expenses. Didn't they say they have like $2000 in bills alone each month (not including housing)? They made that video when they were living in the RV and I was astounded how much they owe.

Corbin's parents are middle class, so I doubt they paid the $70,000 a year it costs to attend Chapman University. He definitely has student loans. So does Kelsey.

Who knows, Corbin has an entitled attitude and it didn’t come from nowhere. I wouldn’t be surprised if his parents/grandparents didn’t put aside a college fund for him.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:08 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm
ewokfan11 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Who knows, Corbin has an entitled attitude and it didn’t come from nowhere. I wouldn’t be surprised if his parents/grandparents didn’t put aside a college fund for him.
Meh, he's just a jerk. His father's side of the family is Mormon and his father has 10 siblings, so I doubt there was any money there. His mom's side doesn't seem to have much in terms of wealth either.

People who come from lots of money tend to NOT act entitled. There are exceptions *Trump and company*, but i think Corbin's attitude comes from jealousy and seeing people like Missy and Bryan become multi-millionaires so quickly and seemingly so easily.

I mean, his dad runs a pool company, but they don't even have a pool. I wouldn't even think that would be a lucrative business in Idaho.

I think Corbin has an inflated ego, so he pretends they are better off than they really are. He's the one who said they make $10,000 a month when that is OBVIOUSLY not the case.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”