Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Locked
TellAll
Talker
Talker
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by TellAll » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Her room is cute. But very impractical for a future baby to share with her.
- where do you put a crib AND a toddler bed?
- where is the dresser they want to buy going to go?
- how will all of the baby clothes and toys fit in the closet space? One of the closets it’s packed full of June’s clothes, the other linens, one a toy closet and one a book closet. Sure the books can go somewhere else but then where?

This house just seems all wrong for a growing family.
They did say one of the closets in June room was a “surprise”. Wouldn’t surprise me if they gave June a toddler bed and put the mini room in the “surprise closet” for baby #2

Dear K&C. Closet nursery’s are NOT cool. They are actually kinda sad. Like, you COULD have bought a 3 bedroom house but instead you settled for a 2 bedroom knowing you wanted to grow your family and don’t have the income to add onto the house you just bought. So sad that yet again another child will probably have a closet to call home


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1203 times
Been thanked: 2006 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm

TellAll wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Her room is cute. But very impractical for a future baby to share with her.
- where do you put a crib AND a toddler bed?
- where is the dresser they want to buy going to go?
- how will all of the baby clothes and toys fit in the closet space? One of the closets it’s packed full of June’s clothes, the other linens, one a toy closet and one a book closet. Sure the books can go somewhere else but then where?

This house just seems all wrong for a growing family.
They did say one of the closets in June room was a “surprise”. Wouldn’t surprise me if they gave June a toddler bed and put the mini room in the “surprise closet” for baby #2

Dear K&C. Closet nursery’s are NOT cool. They are actually kinda sad. Like, you COULD have bought a 3 bedroom house but instead you settled for a 2 bedroom knowing you wanted to grow your family and don’t have the income to add onto the house you just bought. So sad that yet again another child will probably have a closet to call home


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn’t the “surprise” that it’s a reading nook?
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 pm
TellAll wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Her room is cute. But very impractical for a future baby to share with her.
- where do you put a crib AND a toddler bed?
- where is the dresser they want to buy going to go?
- how will all of the baby clothes and toys fit in the closet space? One of the closets it’s packed full of June’s clothes, the other linens, one a toy closet and one a book closet. Sure the books can go somewhere else but then where?

This house just seems all wrong for a growing family.
They did say one of the closets in June room was a “surprise”. Wouldn’t surprise me if they gave June a toddler bed and put the mini room in the “surprise closet” for baby #2

Dear K&C. Closet nursery’s are NOT cool. They are actually kinda sad. Like, you COULD have bought a 3 bedroom house but instead you settled for a 2 bedroom knowing you wanted to grow your family and don’t have the income to add onto the house you just bought. So sad that yet again another child will probably have a closet to call home
Wasn’t the “surprise” that it’s a reading nook?
Yes, it was. Those are tiny 1940s closets, no way even the smallest crib or bed could fit in those closets. Even the "reading nook" could barely fit Kelsey sitting in it alone.
Ducklings4
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 834 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Ducklings4 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Her room is cute. But very impractical for a future baby to share with her.
- where do you put a crib AND a toddler bed?
- where is the dresser they want to buy going to go?
- how will all of the baby clothes and toys fit in the closet space? One of the closets it’s packed full of June’s clothes, the other linens, one a toy closet and one a book closet. Sure the books can go somewhere else but then where?

This house just seems all wrong for a growing family.
Forget crib and toddler bed, what about two twin beds when both kids are bigger. Have they said how long they plan to live there?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 446 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by HashtagBlessed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:20 am

I would be surprised if they could fit a mini crib in the closet that is currently June's reading nook, even if they took the door off the hinges. Mini cribs are still at least 24 inches deep and 39 inches long. Before they were in a new build with a walk-in closet. The little closets from houses built around 1950 aren't going to house a crib. They're going to have to move those bigger toys out to fit a second crib, but there's no room in their combined living/dining room for said toys either.
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:36 am

They are delusional that their channel will at one point be super popular and they will upgrade to the mansion in the thumbnail Corbin definitely thinks so!
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 446 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by HashtagBlessed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am

So they've moved on from pregnancy clickbait to house disaster clickbait. I can't believe they have all that trash sitting in their backyard. They can't take all those boxes to recycling? It's not like they work or have anything else to do.

Kelsey act like she's all about "women empowerment" and then she calls digging "men's work." Um, I'm pretty sure a woman is perfectly capable of digging what looks like maybe a 6 inch trench. Good thing Corbin has been doing CrossFit to prepare for such hard labor.

What kind of neighborhood are they living in that people are dumping electronics and mattresses on their property? I assume their trash is located in an alley behind their house, but still.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1203 times
Been thanked: 2006 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 am

So they’re supposed to be digging a 12 inch trench for the fencing but it looks like they went maybe six inches and didn’t even end up finishing the fence?
Why are they so lazy? It might have been too cold to paint but it sure didn’t seem to be so cold that they couldn’t work up some sweat digging the proper trench and installing the entire fence rather then just the top row.
And if it was indeed too cold to finish the fence why were the ever planning on layering June up and having her outside?
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

Seeing Corbin's mom playing with June really shows how small their house is. She's on the couch right up next to the table, which is right next to the front door. The couch is jammed up against the wall next to the tiny kitchen. I think Corbin purposely films it to look bigger (like filming from June's room doorway or from the kitchen doorway), but 885 sq. ft. is only 885 sq. ft.

The lack of privacy would totally bother me. There is really nowhere to go to get some alone time. I know they "say" they don't mind it being small, but seriously? I lived in a small place (a loft) a LONG time ago and would never do it again—it can be a relationship killer, and we didn't even have loud, screaming kids.

I think the "man's work" comment was Kelsey attempting to be sarcastic, but it did sound dumb. They really do actually do tasks by gender. Corbin used to do ALL the driving and now he's the house "handyman" and Kelsey sometimes pretends to cook. IMO, Kelsey is a fraud "feminist." She depends on Corbin for everything. It's HER choice to be a 50's-style housewife who has never had a job.
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am

If I had been idiotic enough to buy this house, I would have ripped out all the flower beds,got rid of the disgusting chicken poop collector (June is right!) and open up the area to make it airier like and spacious! Then probably put in a play gym fo June! I can buy eggs and lettuce at the supermarket! Or organic market! They seem to be cramping up the backyard as much as the house! People may want certain things doesn’t mean that it fits the home! Same with their furniture before buying didn’t they think out where their furniture would go? Totally see them moving in a year or two!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1203 times
Been thanked: 2006 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:55 am

endof wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am
If I had been idiotic enough to buy this house, I would have ripped out all the flower beds,got rid of the disgusting chicken poop collector (June is right!) and open up the area to make it airier like and spacious! Then probably put in a play gym fo June! I can buy eggs and lettuce at the supermarket! Or organic market! They seem to be cramping up the backyard as much as the house! People may want certain things doesn’t mean that it fits the home! Same with their furniture before buying didn’t they think out where their furniture would go? Totally see them moving in a year or two!

I actually think the yard is the only selling point of the home. I love to garden, and I would love to have chickens. I know its a dream of theirs (however I don't see them actually being able to take care of chickens, and we already saw Kelsey let a very, very small garden end up overgrown) but that yard is set up nice, albeit not well maintained at this point. It will take a lot of work to get it looking nice, and judging from them only finishing half a fence Im not sure theyre up for that work either....
Growing your own food can be very rewarding (and SO much cheaper), and they've got nothing but time on their hands.

With the right owner that house would be perfect. A single person or an older/younger couple with no kids at home. That house would actually be perfect for my grandparents, small enough they could manage it easily and my grandma could still get her hands in the dirt like she loves!

It just seems all wrong for these two.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 446 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by HashtagBlessed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 pm

They really limited themselves by buying in that particular neighborhood with their budget. But they needed to fit that "urban farm" aestetic. My husband and I did the same thing, but this was 3 years before kids. We know we won't be able to afford a decent single family home in our current neighborhood and will move one day when our family grows. But for now we enjoy our small space in a great location close to the city. No way would we buy something like that with one toddler while trying for a second. That's the kind of starter home a single person buys, or a newly married couple, or a couple with no plans for kids. I think they are under the impression the two kids will just live on top of one another, but I think they are seriously underestimating how stressful it's going to be with a preschooler and a baby, and one day soon a kindergartener and a preschooler. They can sell before the 5 or 7 year mark, but then they've built up very little equity in the house and basically thrown away a lot of money as an owner.
User avatar
jmoysa
Informer
Informer
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 5289 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jmoysa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am

Not sure why they feel that they have to have these over the top birthdays for a two year old. Do they think they can compete with their former bff’s the Lannings?

Their house is so small, yet they’re going to even more stuff in there. What if the weather is cold and everyone has to be inside? A chocolate fountain to be a mud bath? “Junnie just loves all this ...” says Corbin.

I’m also wondering if they ever tell her no. She seems to pretty much do what she wants. Also when they gave the nursery tour, Kelsey said she was still nursing twice a day. I thought they said she was going to stop and Corbin was going to put her to bed.

Why are there still piles all over that yard?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Does she know the lion, giraffe and zebra don’t live in a jungle lol? No but seriously when she said animal party I pictured safari, jeep like stripes etc gamekeeper cage etc! I don’t think she does the over the top for June she does it more for herself. What else is there for her to be acknowledged for? Nothing! The child give her value.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2789
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 1203 times
Been thanked: 2006 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm

The over the top parties don’t really bother me, is it necessary? No. Is it the worst thing they could do? No.

If it were me though, living in that small space planning a second baby I would definitely insist that family and friends attend the party without a gift. Or if they absolutely have to bring a gift I’d rather they gift a zoo pass or something to go and make memories with June rather then toys. They just have no where to store them. Or even really play with them.
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Albeit super cute and fun to watch little June is sadly starting to play up for the camera in what she thinks brings joy to her parents. It’s fun for us to watch but sad to think there was no other choice for this baby.
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Why is she planning to have gift bags at the party? Gift bags are usually for kids...and June only has one kid friend—her much older cousin. I wouldn't think adults would care for a kid party gift bag. It's a little sad June really doesn't have any kid friends.

I think the only people coming are their parents, some siblings, the cousin and Kelsey's grandparents from out of town. So maybe 10-13 people total. Not a huge party, but probably too many if they are all inside. I would be more worried about the weather than they seem to be. Not much of their backyard seems to be covered and it could be pretty cold. LOL, I just checked the 10-day Boise forecast: RAIN is predicted both next Saturday and Sunday—and chilly temps. Oopsie!

I agree 100% that they should request NO presents. Or maybe something instead of toys, stuffed animals, etc. Maybe dress-up items or outside things, but certainly no more toys for inside the house.
Starshine16
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Starshine16 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm

endof wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:10 pm
Albeit super cute and fun to watch little June is sadly starting to play up for the camera in what she thinks brings joy to her parents. It’s fun for us to watch but sad to think there was no other choice for this baby.
I have noticed this too, I completely agree.
They rely on her way too much for everything. I can only hope another baby is born to balance it all out.
User avatar
jmoysa
Informer
Informer
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Has thanked: 5289 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jmoysa » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am

Wow these two! A makeover that’s not even done. Corbin is so tired from painting and organizing his paper monopoly pieces!?

That yard is still a mess. I also noticed that along the garage it looked like the paint was gone and it was just the stucco. This house was a real mess.

I also caught Kelsey saying that she’d taken a couple of naps in the sun. More pregnancy hints?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:47 am

jmoysa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
Wow these two! A makeover that’s not even done. Corbin is so tired from painting and organizing his paper monopoly pieces!?

That yard is still a mess. I also noticed that along the garage it looked like the paint was gone and it was just the stucco. This house was a real mess.

I also caught Kelsey saying that she’d taken a couple of naps in the sun. More pregnancy hints?
I totally thought the same thing. She also didn't do any painting, but that might just be because she's lazy.

Also, who the HECK thinks 50 degrees is warm? Maybe I've lived in Florida too long, but 50 or even 65 is still sweater weather!!! It's going to be an unseasonal low of 55 here next week and that's our "winter weather."
Tiger27
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 783 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by Tiger27 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
jmoysa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
Wow these two! A makeover that’s not even done. Corbin is so tired from painting and organizing his paper monopoly pieces!?

That yard is still a mess. I also noticed that along the garage it looked like the paint was gone and it was just the stucco. This house was a real mess.

I also caught Kelsey saying that she’d taken a couple of naps in the sun. More pregnancy hints?
I totally thought the same thing. She also didn't do any painting, but that might just be because she's lazy.

Also, who the HECK thinks 50 degrees is warm? Maybe I've lived in Florida too long, but 50 or even 65 is still sweater weather!!! It's going to be an unseasonal low of 55 here next week and that's our "winter weather."
People who live in cold weather and just put up with months of snow and negative temperatures think 50 degrees is warm. Yes, your Florida climate is completely skewing your judgement on this one. People in the Midwest are all outside rejoicing in this weather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkaye
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by jkaye » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 am

ewokfan11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:47 am
jmoysa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
Wow these two! A makeover that’s not even done. Corbin is so tired from painting and organizing his paper monopoly pieces!?

That yard is still a mess. I also noticed that along the garage it looked like the paint was gone and it was just the stucco. This house was a real mess.

I also caught Kelsey saying that she’d taken a couple of naps in the sun. More pregnancy hints?
I totally thought the same thing. She also didn't do any painting, but that might just be because she's lazy.

Also, who the HECK thinks 50 degrees is warm? Maybe I've lived in Florida too long, but 50 or even 65 is still sweater weather!!! It's going to be an unseasonal low of 55 here next week and that's our "winter weather."
I can vouche for the 50 degree weather actually! I live in Washington and the second it’s 50 we all get way too excited haha. Still an indoor birthday party tho!
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:01 am

jkaye wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 am
ewokfan11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:47 am
jmoysa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 am
Wow these two! A makeover that’s not even done. Corbin is so tired from painting and organizing his paper monopoly pieces!?

That yard is still a mess. I also noticed that along the garage it looked like the paint was gone and it was just the stucco. This house was a real mess.

I also caught Kelsey saying that she’d taken a couple of naps in the sun. More pregnancy hints?
I totally thought the same thing. She also didn't do any painting, but that might just be because she's lazy.

Also, who the HECK thinks 50 degrees is warm? Maybe I've lived in Florida too long, but 50 or even 65 is still sweater weather!!! It's going to be an unseasonal low of 55 here next week and that's our "winter weather."
I can vouche for the 50 degree weather actually! I live in Washington and the second it’s 50 we all get way too excited haha. Still an indoor birthday party tho!
Trust me...I was born and raised in Portland and remember those first "warm" days of spring—and then everyone has a sunburn the next day. But it's still too cold and wet to have an outside b-day party. At least IMO. I remember we'd only start doing outside functions/parties around Mother's Day, and that's in May.

They seem to forget how cold, wet and dreary spring is in the Pacific Northwest.
User avatar
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 1585 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by ewokfan11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Oops, too late to edit. My sister has a March birthday and it actually snowed on her b-day one year. So, I'm not sure why they were thinking an outside party would be a good idea. Considering June LOVES Chik-Fil-A, why didn't they just have a little party in their inside playroom?? That would have been 100% less stress.
User avatar
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 1826 times
Been thanked: 2588 times

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Post by endof » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:01 pm

First of Corby barns are not bright red lipstick they are more the colour of your house!
That chicken coup look ridiculous and stuck out like a sore thumb against the colour of the house.
Also what is this constant pressure stating constantly “...before the party”......calling the cake maker.
Do they even realize it’s a kiddie party not a wedding?
Every time they fix one little thing its whining about huge project, exhaustion etc! Do they realise people work full time and still do odd jobs at home?
My little one loved playing with her water table in winter I always used to put her raincoat on and boots that way he tummy stayed dry while she splashed. The have zero intelligence, even a waterproof apron for painting would keep June dry while playing with the water table.I bet they also just put cold hose water and did not think to put some warm water from the kitchen!
Locked

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests