Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 am

They don't understand that newborns don't generally cry much, do they? They only cry if they are hungry, cold, in pain, or otherwise uncomfortable. And if you are on top of things, they don't need to cry much. All these YouTubers talking about how their newborn babies are so awesome because they are "so chill" and don't cry-- did ANY of them read a baby care book? Aspyn Ovard, Paige (the Bratayley cousin) and Casey Holmes have all said the exact same thing about their newborns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Informer
Informer

Post by rosie_dalia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:18 am

jmoysa wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:40 am
So he’s on IG complaining about how hard two kids is at the same time their vlog is talking about how chill tatertot is. He hardly ever cries. Then on her IG, she’s telling about what a rough night they had and didn’t get much sleep. Hahaha, reality has set in. She posted about a huge accomplishment it was for her and Corbin to go to go to four stores! I just have to laugh. What about her being with both kids alone all day ? The majority of parents seem to get on by themselves for the simplest things, which Kelsey can’t seem to do.

Did they ever say exactly what day her was born or his weight, etc?

Thought it was very strange that she spoke about June’s relationship with Corbin the way she did. I would never have called her the primary caregiver We’ve talked about his weird relationship with June before. Wonder how this will play out when golden child tatertot doesn’t need Kelsey to eat.
I wondered the same. They haven't said his birth date in a video, but they had a board in the background of a IG pic that said he was born on November 6 and he was about 8 pounds. They might have taken that pic down because I couldn't find it today.

Of course they are overwhelmed. They are lazy dummies who chose to buy the smallest house in the world! You can sense Kelsey is probably now regretting the tiny house because of the noise. How did she NOT think about that before???? It's also winter, so they can't just send June outside to play.

Some other YTers have been posting more info about the new COPPA rules, which now seem to be in effect. If YTers are found in violation the fine is about $50K per incident/video. YT is no longer taking responsibility for what people post that violates COPPA. I think June and Tabor won't be featured much longer. I honestly don't know how C&K will be able to keep doing YT at all with the new rules in place. No kids = no views.

That being said, I think DailyBumps will also be in big trouble because they are definitely targeting kid viewers. So many family vloggers are totally screwed with the law being enforced. I honestly think it's long overdue because making an income from exploiting your children online should be illegal!
Bambi_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bambi_ » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:22 am

lmmomSD wrote:They don't understand that newborns don't generally cry much, do they? They only cry if they are hungry, cold, in pain, or otherwise uncomfortable. And if you are on top of things, they don't need to cry much. All these YouTubers talking about how their newborn babies are so awesome because they are "so chill" and don't cry-- did ANY of them read a baby care book? Aspyn Ovard, Paige (the Bratayley cousin) and Casey Holmes have all said the exact same thing about their newborns. Image

I came across a video on YT from an episode of Oprah where this woman claims to know what babies are “saying” when they cry. According to her, babies have different cries depending on their needs. They tested it with new moms and their newborns and I was so impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

Post by Ducklings4 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:01 am

I have not watched them in forever, are they fussing over their newly built small house not being quiet enough? When my babies were new horns I did not keep the older ones and dogs quiet bathe new horns just learned to sleep through the noise.
My brother and his wife had complete silence for their first, she was always waking up.

fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 am
They don't understand that newborns don't generally cry much, do they? They only cry if they are hungry, cold, in pain, or otherwise uncomfortable. And if you are on top of things, they don't need to cry much. All these YouTubers talking about how their newborn babies are so awesome because they are "so chill" and don't cry-- did ANY of them read a baby care book? Aspyn Ovard, Paige (the Bratayley cousin) and Casey Holmes have all said the exact same thing about their newborns. Image

Someone should have told that to my baby. She basically cried or fussed non-stop when she was awake for the first four months of her life after she was a couple weeks old and woke up a bit (and no, she didn't have colic because it wasn't continuous crying). I've also been told this is normal. Getting her nap schedule sorted did help a lot, though.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:21 pm

Bambi_ wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They don't understand that newborns don't generally cry much, do they? They only cry if they are hungry, cold, in pain, or otherwise uncomfortable. And if you are on top of things, they don't need to cry much. All these YouTubers talking about how their newborn babies are so awesome because they are "so chill" and don't cry-- did ANY of them read a baby care book? Aspyn Ovard, Paige (the Bratayley cousin) and Casey Holmes have all said the exact same thing about their newborns. Image

I came across a video on YT from an episode of Oprah where this woman claims to know what babies are “saying” when they cry. According to her, babies have different cries depending on their needs. They tested it with new moms and their newborns and I was so impressed.

Oh, they definitely do. And you can generally catch on pretty quickly if you are paying attention to your baby. You will be able to tell whether your baby is hungry, or tired, or uncomfortable just from the cry and other cues (unless you get stuck with colic, which is crying for no apparent reason) Even older kids have different cries. My daughter and I can tell if a toddler at the mall is crying because he or she is pissed off, or tired, or in pain, just from me being a mom and my daughter working in the church nursery.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:23 pm

fossilfinger wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
They don't understand that newborns don't generally cry much, do they? They only cry if they are hungry, cold, in pain, or otherwise uncomfortable. And if you are on top of things, they don't need to cry much. All these YouTubers talking about how their newborn babies are so awesome because they are "so chill" and don't cry-- did ANY of them read a baby care book? Aspyn Ovard, Paige (the Bratayley cousin) and Casey Holmes have all said the exact same thing about their newborns. Image

Someone should have told that to my baby. She basically cried or fussed non-stop when she was awake for the first four months of her life after she was a couple weeks old and woke up a bit (and no, she didn't have colic because it wasn't continuous crying). I've also been told this is normal. Getting her nap schedule sorted did help a lot, though.
Aww, I'm sorry. That sounds rough! I did say "generally". There are unfortunately no absolutes. Or fortunately.
Edit: my daughter had colic. Starting at about 3 months old, she screamed every night from 9pm-midnight. And it miraculously went away at about 6 months. The only thing that stopped her was dancing around to Shawn Colvin's ",Fat City" CD. Or Sarah Sarah Mclachlan's "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy".We were going to write Shawn Colvin and tell her she saved our daughter from being thrown out the window.

HashtagBlessed
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HashtagBlessed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:23 pm

lmmomSD wrote:

I thought the same thing. Newborns are usually pretty quiet and sleep most of the day for the first few weeks. What's truly funny is this is their second kid. They had their first almost three years ago, and they still act like they have no clue. It sounds like reality has set in if she's complaining about sleepless nights and he's complaining about how hard the transition to two has been.

Why is Kelsey the only one getting up at night with the baby? Considering Corbin's previous rant about not being able to feed June after she was born, I'm assuming Kelsey isn't pumping. I pumped one bottle a day in the beginning for the first two months (before she was sleeping through the night) so that my husband could get up with her and do one night feeding. This gave me about a 5 hour stretch where I didn't have to wake up, and I don't know how I would have functioned without that. Then again, Corbin talks a big talk but I wonder if he would actually do it.

I'm guessing Corbin runs her Instagram account and also writes the copy for sponsored posts, so he basically just wrote a card to himself and had Kelsey pose for the picture. How embarrassing.
rosie_dalia
Informer
Informer

Post by rosie_dalia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:33 pm

I would not be surprised if Corbin is sleeping on the couch in the living room and letting Kelsey do all the baby work while he sleeps in somewhat peace. That house has to be a DISASTER right now.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:40 pm

I let my husband sleep while I was still on maternity leave because I was breastfeeding, and he was flying jets in the Navy and needed his sleep. But with both of them home, there is NO reason for him not to get up and share the burden. Especially with the whining he did about not being able to breastfeed June.

Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Here we go again always the victim Kelsey! June should go get who Kelsey? Her little peers who are growing up just as powerful? Full of fire who crosses her? Really? Not all of life is a combat chill! And why all this defensiveness?
I can totally see Kelsey as this grump who plays the victim while the whole world is out to get her!
Seriously Kelsey who are THEM you keep referring to?
And the irony that your hubby quotes frozen about love blah blah blah!
Powerful is one that can remain calm in the face of controversy!
Stop the victim play concentrate on raising your children as calm collected adults rather than seeing everyone around you as out to get you! Very narcissistic trait!
I could easily claim my daughter is beyond compare and more charismatic compared to June as would most parents for their child but I would rather she be friends with June then raise her on how to channel her internal fire to destroy her metaphorically! Be kind you immaturity is showing!
Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm

add on ....
You are in danger of raising a vindictive mean individual because of the resentment and anger you and Corbin are harboring which is palatable in every post and vlog now!
minniemouse99
Talker
Talker

Post by minniemouse99 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:29 am

Parktown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm
add on ....
You are in danger of raising a vindictive mean individual because of the resentment and anger you and Corbin are harboring which is palatable in every post and vlog now!
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!
Why set your child up for being a “victim” at a young age. Sure teach your child to be brave and confident. But don’t put into context that June has to FIGHT AND BE AGGRESSIVE to have her voice he heard.
As a matter of fact, America is awesome at giving women their rights. Kelsey be thankful you aren’t raising your kids in a Third World Country or Iran, where wives hardly are out on the town or in public. And their voices are not heard.
Chill the F down! You and Corbin always act like you are the target. Sure maybe a way to get attention, but don’t set your tiny child up for attack at a young age. BAD idea.
The fact that you already smeared her (June) all over the internet for the very little money you did earn over the years is plenty. Don’t go blasting her on social media that she has to be strong and she’s also a victim.

Bad parenting guys. Very bad parenting.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:33 am

I remember that bullshit chores list they had up in Portland or Cali where it detailed who did what. Like you can't work together as a unit. You have to give time shit has to be done.

I like how Corbin slides in his "family business " yet again. Not a single person on the planet believes either of these idiots is a hard worker. Both are whiney and lazy and ... useless.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 pm

So the bear isn’t home for a couple of days and Kelsey is already whining about getting into the car!
Wait till you have a 3 and 6 year old getting in a car!
When they have to go to school! You both always act
shell -shocked at everything! That is what happens when you haven’t worked a single day in your life! Basically your laziness is annoyed and threatened because you actually have to put the slightest effort in doing sth!
Do you know there are parents that wake up early prepare lunches wrangle kids in cars take them to school then go put in a full day making themselves useful! They usually do this without the help of a spouse most times!
You whine because you are going out to stand in a field like a blob!
Grow up Kelsey for Pete’s sake!
Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Sorry guys for the second add on but I can only take her in slow doses!
Did she really say ‘Breakfeses’ in her insta????
As in preparing multiple breakfast meals?
I want to cry for her, it’s painful!
HashtagBlessed
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HashtagBlessed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 am

Someone commented on her sponsored Instagram post for Enfamil: "Every morning? Doesn't she go to preschool only once a week?"

Kelsey responded, "school or no school the morning struggle is real everyday."

And the person wrote back, "so only once a week still, okay."

LOL I can't tell if they're just making up stuff to sell Enfamil, or if she's going to preschool more days a week than they care to admit. I think they just needed to construct a narrative in which they need to hurry and "struggle" to get out of the house so they could sell this idea of an "easy breakfast." It's funny when they try to imitate being relatable and "busy" when in actuality they have nothing going on in their lives.

ETA: Also, the person asking her in the comments, "Is it odd posting content where you are still pregnant?" LOL This is such a sponsored post fail.

Oh, and Corbin's latest sponsored post is for The National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse, which cracks me up to no end.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:18 am

So much for their "we will only do sponsorships we really believe in."

HashtagBlessed
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HashtagBlessed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 am

Steps_to_STFU wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:18 am
So much for their "we will only do sponsorships we really believe in."

Right? I have nothing against formula, we gave it to our daughter in the hospital due to low blood sugar before my milk came in and I didn't regret it for a second. But you just know Kelsey, the woman who brought her own diapers and wipes to the hospital because "chemicals," wouldn't be giving her toddler formula unless it was a paid sponsorship.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jmoysa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:09 am

Wow... amazing that they actually think that Kelsey explaining Tatortots quirks! Basically he’s like every single other baby! There’s nothing unique or different about him. On one hand she’s talking about how mellow he is and then she talks about how they’re trying to get his sleeping fixed. HE’S TWO/THREE WEEKS OLD you idiot! If he’s sleeping 5 hours like she says, then why complain? So weird!

BTW, Kelsey quit with the weird swallowing. It’s so annoying to watch or listen to. So glad I watch on invidious and don’t give them a view.

GGF1987
Informer
Informer

Post by GGF1987 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Why on earth would Corbin use a filter on that picture of June and Tabor that makes June look bruised up and like she has gray hair? The picture would be fine without a filter but with the filter it's just awful! How can he look at that picture and think it looks good?
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Steps_to_STFU » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:33 am

GGF1987 wrote:Why on earth would Corbin use a filter on that picture of June and Tabor that makes June look bruised up and like she has gray hair? The picture would be fine without a filter but with the filter it's just awful! How can he look at that picture and think it looks good?
How dare you ! He is an artist ! A creative! Who are you to question his art !! ImageImage

Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Steps_to_STFU wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:33 am
GGF1987 wrote:Why on earth would Corbin use a filter on that picture of June and Tabor that makes June look bruised up and like she has gray hair? The picture would be fine without a filter but with the filter it's just awful! How can he look at that picture and think it looks good?
How dare you ! He is an artist ! A creative! Who are you to question his art !! ImageImage

and a journalist who commanded a newsroom 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂a family of journalists actually 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣and she a jeweller business woman!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Now farmers 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 peddling for coins😂😂😂😂
Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:05 am

I’m sorry Joseph I mean Corbin I’m too busy supporting my own manger to support your family too! It is also unnerving for me to thumbs up your underaged children so you can make a coin supporting them!
rosie_dalia
Informer
Informer

Post by rosie_dalia » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:54 pm

So they only post really short videos twice a week now??? LOL! I don't really follow them on IG. Are they doing #ADs there? How can they survive financially with so few videos/views???

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”