Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I can understand getting excited for "baby's first Easter" and wanting a picture even if the child isn't old enough to react or know what's going on. Except they don't attend church and aren't religious, so it feels like it's purely for vlog content. They assume their viewers want the quintessential Easter Day vlog, even if it's all for show. It doesn't feel genuine. I felt the zoo was also an excuse to try to generate vlog content. They realize newborns aren't exactly exciting to viewers, so they're trying to make her more entertaining by doing these activities that aren't age appropriate and pretending she has reactions to them.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Poor Kelsey...I really didn't want FabFitFun after watching her cluelessly ramble through that ad. Also, she definitely isn't someone who would ever order that box. They are even getting comments about selling out and supporting things just for $$$. It's clearly true they are doing more and more brand deals for things they don't even use. Do people not realize they signed with Trending Family?? The entire purpose of that company is just for doing brand deals.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Kelsey looked like she didn't know what was in the box when she opened it. I thought most companies sent two boxes so the vlogger could open one, familiarize themselves with the content, and plan what they are going to talk about, then use the second box to open in the video. Or they should at least have edited the video so half of it wasn't Kelsey reading from the book. She could have talked to the camera more.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The top comment on that video is someone complaining about the sponsored content lately. This is their (read: Corbin's) response:

"I'm sorry you feel that way. We are always upfront about when a video is sponsored and always choose to work with brands we think all of you would like. Fabfitfun does actually fit with our ideals (they are not paying us to do these comments). The company provides a school for illiterate women, they choose brands with sustainable practices, and promote positive messages to women. We love making videos, but a video everyday translates to working about 50-70 hours a week. The edit alone for a typical vlog takes between 2-10 HOURS depending on the complexity of the video. The name reveal took 12 hours to edit and 8 hours to shoot just to give you an idea. Don't get us wrong, we love what we do and wouldn't want it any other way but we hope a sponsored video once in a while is ok to help just a little bit with the time and effort put into our art. Yes, we believe making a video, even if it's a vlog, is a type of art. So whether you think we're sell outs or not... we'll keep trying to spread a positive message to our amazing community."

Is he seriously trying to argue he spends up to TEN HOURS editing a 10 to 15 minute vlog? Jared has said before that they shoot maybe 20 minutes of footage a day and that takes an hour or two to edit? Corbin is doing it wrong. It's hilarious that they're referring to this as "art." No, I'm pretty sure you're just exploiting your daughter for a paycheck and shilling crap for advertisers.

If they spent 8 hours shooting and 12 hours editing that name reveal, they're dumber than even I thought. That video is four minutes and 42 seconds.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

They more he tries to explain and justify their actions, the more stupid they look. The sad part is that some viewers actually believe them. Do they really think companies routinely send them products to test and hoping that they will like it and promote them in the channel?
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

lmmomSD wrote:So, Corbin posted an IG story about making Easter brunch, and said that we need to check out the vlog to see June's reaction to the Easter Bunny. "Her face!"
Here's what her face looked like:Image
She was asleep.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lol! Classic
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:The top comment on that video is someone complaining about the sponsored content lately. This is their (read: Corbin's) response:

"I'm sorry you feel that way. We are always upfront about when a video is sponsored and always choose to work with brands we think all of you would like. Fabfitfun does actually fit with our ideals (they are not paying us to do these comments). The company provides a school for illiterate women, they choose brands with sustainable practices, and promote positive messages to women. We love making videos, but a video everyday translates to working about 50-70 hours a week. The edit alone for a typical vlog takes between 2-10 HOURS depending on the complexity of the video. The name reveal took 12 hours to edit and 8 hours to shoot just to give you an idea. Don't get us wrong, we love what we do and wouldn't want it any other way but we hope a sponsored video once in a while is ok to help just a little bit with the time and effort put into our art. Yes, we believe making a video, even if it's a vlog, is a type of art. So whether you think we're sell outs or not... we'll keep trying to spread a positive message to our amazing community."

Is he seriously trying to argue he spends up to TEN HOURS editing a 10 to 15 minute vlog? Jared has said before that they shoot maybe 20 minutes of footage a day and that takes an hour or two to edit? Corbin is doing it wrong. It's hilarious that they're referring to this as "art." No, I'm pretty sure you're just exploiting your daughter for a paycheck and shilling crap for advertisers.

If they spent 8 hours shooting and 12 hours editing that name reveal, they're dumber than even I thought. That video is four minutes and 42 seconds.
ART??????!!! Corbin is SO full of himself (and full of shit)!!!! I just can't even.... I mean, they are just riding the DBs coattails and not very well. ART???!! YIKES!!!! Does he think he's Casey Neistat (who I also think is a conceited douche - but at least he doesn't exploit his kids on a daily basis)?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
This one I could understand. Maybe not the eight hours of shooting, but I imagine it would take quite awhile to edit this type of video. Think about how much time editors must put into thirty-second commercials. I'm sure it takes them hours and hours. Not to say Corbin is on that level, but for something like a name reveal that's scripted and possibly storyboarded (at least rudimentarily), I can see the video taking that long to edit.

An everyday vlog, though? No way would those take 10 hours. I'm sure when he says 2-10 hours he means most of them take around the lower range and they've done a few that take more time. The vlogs are not even edited that much. Some footage is cut out and music and titles are added. Even if they did put a full day's work into each vlog, that is their job! How can they possibly complain about having to work for something that brings them money? That would be like a cashier at a grocery store telling customers to leave her alone once in awhile because she has to work eight hours a day. Yes, the work can be difficult and tiring, but that's what everyone has to do to earn a living, unless they are independently wealthy. Obviously Kelsey and Corbin hope to soon be able to kick back and put no work into anything they do because they seem completely unmotivated to do anything.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

So 2-10 hours of work a day? I'm not feeling sorry. My husband and I each work 10 hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And what does Kelsey actually do? Yes, she is a new mom now, and that's hard - but the only "job" she's ever seemed to have had was being a PT nanny - and that was years ago! She doesn't edit the vlogs and I'm almost 100% sure Corbin runs her SM. She doesn't even seem to cook or know how to do laundry! When she's not holding the baby she's in bed watching Netflix or on the couch watching Netflix!

It's so odd that they expect to make an income but don't actually want to work. Kelsey has never had a real job and Corbin quit working FT several years ago - and they are still in their 20s! YT isn't going to last forever and reality is going to be HARD for them!! I think that's part of the reason Corbin's family hasn't been around. I'm guessing they don't like the idea of raising a child online for money. It's like legal child exploitation.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Hahaha obviously the 70 hours a week they spend on the vlog (eye roll) doesn't include Kelsey taking the time to research how to pronounce the products she's pimping in her sponsored posts.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The name reveal video was footage of them walking through the woods picking up sticks and rocks with wooden letters glued to them with a voiceover playing and then a close up of them arranging the letters into her name. If that took 8 hours to shoot and 12 hours to edit it's because they don't know what they're doing.

I know some of the videos Cullen has edited together look rather complex. Their last gender reveal pieced together lots of different footage. I could see that taking all day. Or something like a birth vlog. Even if Corbin did spend two days shooting and editing, I agree that it's his JOB and of course it's work. You don't get to complain about putting in a day's work to earn a living when you're a grown adult.

His viewers are telling him that the video titles is misleading and the partnership is awkward and not well executed. His response doesn't make sense because it deflects from the actual criticism and tries to argue that Corbin works SO hard.

In terms of what Kelsey does all day, I do think Corbin has some controlling behavior but Kelsey also seems to have a level of learned helplessness due to how much she depends on her husband to take control of everything.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Corbin's old job was a TV NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER, so how does it take him so long to edit? He must have sucked at his old job if it takes him more than an hour or two to edit. I've worked in TV news for many years and the photogs work under extremely tight deadlines and manage to make video MUCH more enticing than any of Corbin's boring-ass vlogs.

I'm starting to think he got fired from his last news job and didn't quit. He really doesn't have much talent and he COMPLAINS all the time about everything. Poor baby Corbin needs constant praise or else he'll bitch, moan and complain even more!

Honestly, their vlogs have always been boring and they only get attention from DBs and little stunts - like HAVING A BABY!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:Corbin's old job was a TV NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER, so how does it take him so long to edit? He must have sucked at his old job if it takes him more than an hour or two to edit. I've worked in TV news for many years and the photogs work under extremely tight deadlines and manage to make video MUCH more enticing than any of Corbin's boring-ass vlogs.

I'm starting to think he got fired from his last news job and didn't quit. He really doesn't have much talent and he COMPLAINS all the time about everything. Poor baby Corbin needs constant praise or else he'll bitch, moan and complain even more!

Honestly, their vlogs have always been boring and they only get attention from DBs and little stunts - like HAVING A BABY!
I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired. He had only worked there for a couple weeks, right? He was going on and on about how this job was so horrible and was affecting his marriage and his health. How can a job manage to do that in a few short weeks? Maybe he was grasping at straws to try to explain why he would quit when he only started a few weeks prior. In a follow-up video, he says that former colleagues at that job left negative comments on the video where he announced he quit. I wonder if they called him out for misrepresenting what happened? Otherwise I can't imagine why they would leave a comment unless there were some serious bad blood there. I'm sensing a theme with Corbin...

I resigned a position once after only three months or so because I quickly realized it wasn't the right fit and there were some red flags early on. I gave it a few months and then I started applying and interviewing elsewhere. I didn't resign until I had signed another offer, and I would never burn bridges and publicly bash that employer in a YouTube video. I've worked for four different employers and I could tell some horror stories, but you always try to be professional and I would never leave without another position lined up.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:The top comment on that video is someone complaining about the sponsored content lately. This is their (read: Corbin's) response:

ART??????!!! Corbin is SO full of himself (and full of shit)!!!! I just can't even.... I mean, they are just riding the DBs coattails and not very well. ART???!! YIKES!!!! Does he think he's Casey Neistat (who I also think is a conceited douche - but at least he doesn't exploit his kids on a daily basis)?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It took him 10 hours to write and edit that response lol
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

Wtf is using to edit? Dial up? (Fellow vlogger here, who uses one of the bigger "advanced" editors...) I've yet to see a video that would take 10 hours........ or anywhere even close. I've been quiet here but honestly I can't stand his whining man baby crap. I tried to watch after June was born and I just can't. And I'm pretty natural hipster ish myself... he's just so up tight and pretends to be chill when it's clear he's anything but chill. UGH. I'm surprised they're even using mom/dad type names... at this rate they might have just had her call them by their first names

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Apart from the fact that most of their vlogs have very little content and are simply put together, there's just not enough hours in the day for him to routinely spend 10 hours, or anywhere near that, editing.
They get up whenever, go do something and go eat, by that time it's usually 1-2 pm at the earliest. He often takes a nap with June, there's (probably) another couple of hours, he usually cooks or goes to get dinner, and has work out time. Occasionally we see him on the laptop, not often, and they've told us he sleeps at night (unlike Cullen, Oscar, etc). So unless they expect us to believe that he gets up at 2 or 3 am to edit, where in the day is he spending 10 hours on this vlog?

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I'm full on evil laughing to all of the comments of their adult followers calling them out on their BS. Looks like it might be time for them to get some real jobs and grow the f up

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:Wtf is using to edit? Dial up? (Fellow vlogger here, who uses one of the bigger "advanced" editors...) I've yet to see a video that would take 10 hours........ or anywhere even close. I've been quiet here but honestly I can't stand his whining man baby crap. I tried to watch after June was born and I just can't. And I'm pretty natural hipster ish myself... he's just so up tight and pretends to be chill when it's clear he's anything but chill. UGH. I'm surprised they're even using mom/dad type names... at this rate they might have just had her call them by their first namesImage

What's your channel?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Who wants to bet tomorrow's vlog will be YET ANOTHER "we need to discuss our unfair troll problem" sit-down vlog??!!!?? I'm guessing Corbin will say they need to do sponsored ads because babies are expensive and they need to buy a car and they have to pay for health insurance and taxes and food carts and Amazon Prime shopping!!!!

Also, has anyone else noticed they were drinking in the vlogs almost everyday, but now not at all???!! I think the negative comments really do get to them. I don't think they - especially Corbin - are cut out for a YT career. He gets so butthurt over the smallest critical comment.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”