Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think their only smart move at this point is to either admit it was scripted if it was in fact staged, or if it was real they need to lie and say it was staged. Clearly this got him a lot of reactions and I’m sure people are waiting anxiously for today’s video, which was the plan all along. But I’m not sure if he knew quite how overwhelming negative the reactions would be. If it gets him views, I don’t think he cares about the emotional distress he’s causing his wife. If the viewers turn against him, however, I think he will very much care about that, because he thinks so highly of himself.

It’s really disturbing to see Missy justify this behavior by saying that Corbin is normally “the nicest guy” or whatever. And consequently Kelsey is expected to get over it and treat it as a joke. Clearly he’s an abusive asshole, but even her “best friend” is justifying his behavior.

I’m willing to bet the commenters claiming this was a “lighthearted” prank and people need to lighten up have never been in a marriage or an adult relationship. You don’t make your partner cry, and you manufacture a fake situation to get them to leave the house in a panic to get behind the wheel of a car. Frankly, I think it’s sociopathic to make your wife think her dog was harmed as a “joke”- only a very twisted individual would think that’s humorous. The caption is all kinds of WTF- “I pranked my wife into thinking our dog ran away! She cried, went to the neighbors, and searched the entire neighborhood! The prank war continues!!” Who the hell thinks that this is normal behavior for anyone, let alone an almost 28-year-old husband and father?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I wonder who is advising them to do "pranks" to begin with. They've been on YT for several years and never did a single prank. And why is Corbin starting with such EVIL, MEAN-SPIRITED pranks?? If he HAS to do pranks, maybe he should make them less traumatizing!! Or maybe try FUNNY pranks?? I really hope he doesn't think making his wife freak out and cry is funny. :? :? :?

They really are morphing into M&B - even faster than I expected. They spend everyday together! The other family that used to help M&B have completely disappeared!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

As gross as I thought it was that Missy was normalizing the behavior, it’s even more disturbing that Kelsey is now saying that Corbin “got her so good” and it was “such a good prank.” The fact that she seems fine with it is making people in the comments section think that it was staged for views, which is also unsavory to people.

Kelsey looked incredibly angry after Corbin finally opened the bathroom door and she realized the haircut was a prank, like so incredibly hurt and disgusted. I really don’t think that was acting. I think this go-round Kelsey has time to cool off in the car and she knew the camera would be capturing everything when she walked through the door, so she hid her contempt better and saved it for when the camera was off.

These two are disturbing and that marriage is so toxic and sad. Now Kelsey wants to make sure she gets Corbin to cry with her next prank. Talk about things escalating quickly.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder who is advising them to do "pranks" to begin with. They've been on YT for several years and never did a single prank. And why is Corbin starting with such EVIL, MEAN-SPIRITED pranks?? If he HAS to do pranks, maybe he should make them less traumatizing!! Or maybe try FUNNY pranks?? I really hope he doesn't think making his wife freak out and cry is funny. :? :? :?

They really are morphing into M&B - even faster than I expected. They spend everyday together! The other family that used to help M&B have completely disappeared!
I don't think he knows how to do a funny prank. All he knows how to do are these cruel, mean-spirited "jokes".
Who calls someone "my love" when they're pissed? Except my mom, who would say in a very snarky singsong voice, "oh love of my life" when she was pissed at my dad, I don't know anyone who does that. And the way my mom said it, you knew it was sarcasm (even though he really was the love of her life)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ihartcatz wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Kelsey is so freaking annoying in this video. Does she always call him "my love?" Even when she's angry at him? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly with the haircut prank! She was upset and still calling him my love, had that been me I would have been using his name.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I would have been using something not very family friendly... heh...
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

New thread title....Steps to Divorce?

Ugh I couldn't even watch the vlog after reading here but I did go check out the comments. They were being dragged. They deserve it. What an awful thing to do. Many people were saying they wish they would go back to how they use to vlog. Corbin's fame hungry methods are starting to backfire. They went for the quick-to-leave child audience instead of building a strong fan base of adult viewers and are now alienating those ones that are left. I can't imagine any audience is interested in watching their crappy skits and a husband emotionally abusing his wife for fun...who are they going to have left at this point? If it wasn't for Bryan and Missy their channel would still be floundering and they'd still be stuck in pretending to be hipsters back in Oregon.

Also this comment adds no substance and I seem to be in the minority but I have to get it off my chest...I just don't think June is all that cute.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Well. I hope she truly gets Corbin back with something, I'd like seeing his reaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

If she even dared to "prank" the way Corbin does he would lose his mind. Corbin comes across as incredibly controlling, and that's coming from someone who watches maybe 1/3 of the videos they post.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

She should move all her shit out.. That's a prank video I'd watch

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:She should move all her shit out.. That's a prank video I'd watch

And June's too. If he's that toxic as a husband, can you imagine him as a father?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

He definitely "wears the pants" in that marriage. If that prank was real, the reason why you don't see her really letting him have it is because she is dependent on him for her own emotional stability and is so subservient to him. I think he's a macho egotistical jerk who enjoys hearing himself talk way too much. But I am a search for the silver lining kind a girl. The positive l have found in Corbin doing daily vlogs is he makes Bryan way more palatable. Maybe it's because l have watched D.B. since before Ollie, but I would much rather listen to Brian vlog them Corbin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Ha. If their audience weren’t so heavily reliant on the DB minors/minions I’m sure Missy would suggest they ‘stage’ her and Corbin in bed together and have Kelsey walk in....
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

They lost the key to the Pod? Really? haha. They are really just so bad at life.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Pency wrote:They lost the key to the Pod? Really? haha. They are really just so bad at life.
Or they are pranking you!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Wanna be the Papa is the "locksmith" they called.
And how irresponsible are you? You can't keep track of the key to your moving pod for three weeks? Really?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I came here about the key thing too. Jeeeeeeez! That's BEYOND stupid! And they finally get their stuff, but they aren't going to unpack until the next day?? Huh?!

Where is all this money coming from?? They have spent SOOOOOO much this year, but their channel really hasn't taken off that much. I'm guessing they have a deal with Living Spaces for the dining set, but they really do seem to be blowing money on all sorts of stuff. We know they are getting money from B&M, but I can't believe they would be giving them THAT much.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

“Bryan got a new photo printer and I was helping him set it up.” You mean you’re Bryan’s assistant and one of your duties at work today was to set up Bryan’s new printer? What a boring and mind-numbing job it would be to be Bryan Lanning’s assistant.

The fact that they lost the key to their moving pod is *hilarious.* These two are barely functioning.

Buying a pricey dining room set for a house you don’t own is so silly- they could be leaving this house in a year and they have no clue if any of this furniture will fit or match the next house. Not to mention the fact that they’re going to have to pay someone to move it. I doubt that Living Spaces is an advertiser, but I could be wrong. If I was Living Spaces and I was getting advertising from a YouTube channel in exchange for free furniture, I’d at least want my company website linked. They were just saying that they found other options online that were half the price, and then suddenly they’re back at Living Spaces to buy the more expensive set, so something changed. And it’s weird that they’re buying all of this furniture at the same store. They really are fully furnishing this rental house, which is just so unwise. A new couch, a new bed, a new guest bed, and a new dining room set? But I’m thinking either the Bank of Missy stepped in again, or they’re just throwing caution to the wind and spending like there’s no tomorrow because they want to keep up with the Lannings. Living Spaces might have a financing option.
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

Southerndunes260
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Southerndunes260 »

I unsubscribed the day they had Junes ears pierced! That baby screamed her head off. And you can't tell me that she doesn't get her fingers caught in the hoops!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”