Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by janem »

They really are boring. A vlog full of photos from a party two weeks ago??? Haven’t most of these already been seen on the BIG birthday vlog? Also the bumps vlog? B O R I N G!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Why would they go to Disneyland during one of the busiest spring break weeks?? It's not spring break everywhere, but it is where I live and where my sister lives and where my parents live (three different states), so you'd have to expect Disney would be SWAMPED!

I really can't believe they are still planning on this backpacking trip!! They really didn't prep for it at all. What happened to the test-run??
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think their vlogs are now about four/five days behind—or they are mixing them up. I'm pretty sure their big camping/backpacking/hiking trip is this weekend. I would be really nervous if I were them. I can't imagine taking a baby June's age on that big of a camping "adventure" with NO backup plan—10 miles from the car?? All new sounds/noises/lighting and she doesn't sleep well in the tent INSIDE the house??? YIIIIIIIKES!

They really should have done a test-run. It hasn't been raining that much in CA. They are really setting themselves up for a nightmare trip. I'm still thinking they are going to cancel.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think their vlogs are now about four/five days behind—or they are mixing them up. I'm pretty sure their big camping/backpacking/hiking trip is this weekend. I would be really nervous if I were them. I can't imagine taking a baby June's age on that big of a camping "adventure" with NO backup plan—10 miles from the car?? All new sounds/noises/lighting and she doesn't sleep well in the tent INSIDE the house??? YIIIIIIIKES!

They really should have done a test-run. It hasn't been raining that much in CA. They are really setting themselves up for a nightmare trip. I'm still thinking they are going to cancel.
I’m noticing an influx of people doing crazy crap with their kids. I get the whole “your life doesn’t end once you have kids” but there’s a reason parents with kids live a little differently. Par for the course — not a “we’ll now that we’re parents we gotta be fuddy duds”.

Juniper has never been camping, right? Other than the failed backyard attempt? So...they’re just going to jump
Into a huge trip like this?

If they wanted to travel and be adventurous, they probably should have kept cosleeping. To transition her to a crip and sleeping independently, then all of a sudden throwing her in a tent with her parents would DEFINITELY disrupt her sleeping patterns.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I know the tent has zippers, but I just have this irrational fear that June is somehow going to get out while they are sleeping.

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

These two morons are cutting right in with the selfish parent trend that seems to plague family youtubers. They're still going to force this huge trip on this child who clearly is not ready for it. Shes going to be miserable. They're going to ruin any form of schedule they have her on which really isn't much as they insist on doing this ever time during her nap time. They have tried now multiple times to get her to sleep in that tent. Anyone here with kids know a kid this age who is tired and not well rested is a fucking monster. So not only will she be miserable but so will the 6 other people on this trip. Selfish beyond words ! And it's not just something you can back out of once on the trip. I feel so bad for June. She got a shot deal when it comes to parents. That POS father of hers gah!
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

HashtagBlessed wrote:He doesn't fool me with the "my love" nonsense while the camera is on. He's inadvertently shown his true self- he can be quite controlling, demeaning, competitive, cruel, etc. to Kelsey. Filming those pranks really drove home the point that he is not a nice man, and he uses instances like that to reinforce who's in charge. And then there are little things here and there, like his attitude towards her spending and the way he clearly needs to be the one who controls the purse strings, and the way she walks on egg shells around him when she wants to do something as basic as leave the house alone. I think that controlling attitude with absolutely transfer to June. I'm sure Corbin has Kelsey convinced that control equals love.
Also because they’re high school sweethearts, they don’t really have any other frame of reference. I feel like part of the control comes in because Kelsey is almost still in that high school mindset where their relationship is everything and no other friendship/family relationships are as important as their love

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I noticed Missy is on a girls' trip in Hawaii. Maybe it's just for her family members, but I'm surprised how little she sees Kelsey these days. Or maybe Kelsey couldn't leave the baby with Corbin.

Their entire reason to move to SoCal was to be near the Lannings and "family," but that doesn't really seem to be the case anymore. Just like in Portland, they rarely see people.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

On one hand I hope for June's sake the trip goes as smooth as possible. But for those two sacks of shit for "parents" I hope every single moment is miserable. Hope the carrier they haven't broken is caused the biggest blisters possible on that whiney douche noodles waist.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

For as much as they are spending on all of the crap for this trip, they could have just stayed in a nice hotel somewhere. I’m sure it would be a million times more enjoyable than backpacking and camping with a ONE year old! Does anyone actually think this trip is going to go smoothly?

It sounds like not many people want to go to India with these idiots. The whining on both of these trips is going to be unbearable.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

On their website about the India trip it says that a 5 star hotel is included. Now if you look at it, it says that the hotel is only booked and not included. That sounds so fishy.
This backpack trip is going to be a mess. They think they’re so prepared but really aren’t in the whole big picture.

candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

Ughh....Corbin's singsongy annoying baby voice gets on my last nerve.

Also i'm kinda skeptical about their camping trip. They just seem a bit under prepared. Maybe they could have started with some basic baby summer camps and gradually advanced towards backpacking. They are going to be so overwhelmed. Methinks they like learning their lessons the hard way.

But I can easily predict what type of "wanderers" they are going to be, trash everywhere, trail eroded, switchbacks ignored/greenery trampled, dog shit everywhere (I know the dog is not going but still fits the category) no matter how strict the rules are. I just want to punch them in the face sometimes. :|
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

janem wrote:On their website about the India trip it says that a 5 star hotel is included. Now if you look at it, it says that the hotel is only booked and not included. That sounds so fishy.
This backpack trip is going to be a mess. They think they’re so prepared but really aren’t in the whole big picture.
WOW, so the $2500 fee doesn't include airfare OR hotels?? That's going be another $2000! Do their "fans" really have about $5000 to travel with these bums? I'll be shocked if they even get 2-3 people to sign up! That's outrageous!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I'm so glad Kelsey can solve the issue of sex trafficking by visiting the Taj Mahal and spice markets. They sounded more clueless than usual when they were trying to pitch the idea that this trip has a humanitarian focus. The material they linked to previpusly definitely said that a five star hotel was included, so the fact that it's now no longer included is sketchy. They $2,500 fee is basically a donation to the organization. That's fine, I don't know the organization so I can't say whether their work is valid or not. But don't pitch this as a travel/excursion opportunity when there's a hefty fee involved that doesn't cover any travel expenses.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They throw away money like they have a disposable income. No wonder they have ads in almost all their videos now. Before they were "picky" now they will try to sell you anything.

I was also reading into this India deal and it sounds super not on the up and up. I want to know what they think they're going to contribute to building a school while they have a one yr old with them. I cant imagine that there are going to be 20 people willing to spend that much money to hang out with these morons.

As for this camping trip. I feel like they're floundering and grasping as any straws to make this channel bigger. Trying to grab an audience somewhere. They have not worked up to such a trip with June. They're forcing this massive trip when it's for sure something that should have been worked up to.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Good lord the whoring these two are doing reeks of desperation. I also like how Corbin all proud says they were invited to speak about their "careers." Failed to make a big deal about the fact it's at his aunts school lololol. Butch no one invited you anywhere. Your aunt yet again had you come to her class and chat. When you are invited to a place you didn't beg or pay to speak at them let's brag. Why on earth would they when there are so many more people actually making a living. What did you tell the kids that it's not about content but how many hello fresh subscriptions you can sell! Lol
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So, if they actually find 20 people to go with them the $50,000 from fees goes to the company running this thing???? That seems like a big scam. I looked at the company's taxes and $50,000 would be a big chunk of change for them for a 7-day trip and they don't cover much of anything travel-related. When Corbin says he wants everyone going with them to "leave something there," they are — THEIR $$$$$! LOL!

These career day school visits are stupid. What do Corbin and Kelsey have to offer?? Are they being honest with the students about what they actually make on YT? I doubt YT will even be around in 15 years.

And, yes, they've announced again that they are moving again before the end of the year. If they are moving when their lease is up that's only FIVE months away. They really waste a lot of money on moving. This will be their fifth place in THREE years — six if you count the cabin at the beach where they lived for 2 months.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Who the hell would be willing to pay $2500 for a trip that doesn't include accommodation? People who are motivated to volunteer themselves could do this type of thing much cheaper and make much more of an impact. I'm sure you could find modest places to stay really cheaply in India, volunteer, and then arrange local transportation around the country. That leaves mega-fans of Kelsey and Corbin, which I'm not sure they have...I'll be interested to see who actually sings up for this.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Also, they changed it from human trafficking to education now? At least they're not claiming participants will actually help prevent human trafficking.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:Also, they changed it from human trafficking to education now? At least they're not claiming participants will actually help prevent human trafficking.
Honestly, they just want a FREE trip. :| :| :| They are being sponsored to make this company $$$$$.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”