Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Oops, another one that I actually cringe-listen to is Views with awful David Dobrick and Jason Nash. They are literally disgusting, vile people, but they talk about YT and $$$$ ALL.THE.TIME! David basically brags about how much he makes and how he makes it.

Obviously, K&C aren't anywhere near David Dobrick when it comes to YT $$, but it gives you an idea.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Christ, he is possibly one of the most cringe inducing people ever. I can't stomach him saying "lover" and I am sorry. I love my kids, I do. But he is overly obsessed with June and him calling his wife " my love " and then June "my little love" it's just creepy...makes my skin crawl. His need to be seen as her favorite and she likes him best and I don't know. He's so strange.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
queentee20 wrote: I’m a firm believer that the government makes up new diseases to infect us with. Call me crazy but I have no faith in them.
You're ignorant, stupid, and the reason people die of preventable diseases. Stop spreading conspiracy theory bullshit.
My aunt died of polio. My cousin grew up without a mother. I also had a friend whose parents adopted her from Okinawa, who was crippled from it. My grandmother's little brother died of it when he was 18 months old.
I took care of a little boy in ICU who had mumps encephalitis. He was a bright, happy little boy until he got the mumps. After having mumps encephalitis, he was a vegetable who had constant seizures and had to have a feeding tube, that he kept getting pneumonia from aspirating because of the seizures.
Vaccines do not cause autism. These are not harmless illnesses. And people who play games with other people's lives by not vaccinating their children (like the people responsible for the Disneyland measles outbreak) make me very angry.

Rant over. Soapbox put away. Go on with your snarking. Sorry to go so far OT, but I just get crazy about this.

Edit: this is more directed at Corbin and Kelsey messing around with June's vaccination schedule than what you said in particular.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Juniper is a doll. Too bad about her parents.
Really! I hope she grows up to be a better person than they are! She's adorable.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

queentee20 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Edit: this is more directed at Corbin and Kelsey messing around with June's vaccination schedule than what you said in particular.

I think we can all agree that them messing with her vaccination schedule is not the wisest thing they’ve done. Like I said, im definitely pro-vaccinations. I just heard way too many conflicting things about the flu this season, I didn’t know what to believe! What do you do when you have so many people telling you different things?! Ultimately, i choose to listen to my doctor’s advice and she had suggest the flu shot last year and I should’ve gotten one but again, I thought it was useless! Then I heard how deadly this flu season has been (well at least the media makes it seem that way) and I did get scared and wanted to rush over to go get one but when I went to my annual, the physican didn’t offer it and I was too concerned with other things that I forgot to get it. I know there’s a huge debate on the topic but I think if you’re truly lost either do research or listen to your doctor’s advice. No matter what someone will call me ignorant or an idiot, so *shrug*...

anyways, why did the talk come up anyway? What did they do that brought this up? I stopped watching them because they’re boring but I click on a video from time to time.
Kelsey said in a recent video that she was so paranoid about June getting the flu because she realizes now that young children can die from it, but I questioned whether she did anything proactive about it to protect her. I brought it up because of their history with not vaccinating, or heavily delaying vaccination.

You don't need to get your vaccine from your physician, it's available at CVS, Walgreens, your grocery store pharmacy etc. and can be purchased there with your insurance and administered by a pharmacist. My workplace now brings in someone to give out the flu vaccine in October, but prior to that I would go to the pharmacy and get it. Much more convenient for me than having to make an appointment, take time off work, and pay an office visit co-pay.

It takes about two weeks before it offers any protection, but it's not too late and it's still offered. It's only about 25% effective in adults against the most common strain (H3N2) circulating this year and 36% effective this year overall, but that's better than no protection. Interestingly enough, that effectiveness rate is much higher in young children- The vaccine this year provided 59% protection against H3N2 in children 8 and younger. So it would make big a difference in a child June's age. The effectiveness rate is probably under-reported because there is no way to know how many vaccinated people never got ill at all, but the CDC uses data from the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Network.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

lmmomSD wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:Juniper is a doll. Too bad about her parents.
Really! I hope she grows up to be a better person than they are! She's adorable.

I don’t typically watch anymore (can’t stand Corbin), but just went to watch the theme reveal. June giggling at Paris about made my day, she’s so sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone who thinks vaccines is link to autism is a moron. I say this as a mother to a child with Aspergers. The man who started that had his medical license taken. There is zero proof of vaccines causing autism. I researched and researched because I had two more after and if it had even a shred of credibility I didn't want to risk my other two. My other two are vaccinated and neither is on the spectrum.

Also, if Corbin and Kelsey weren't so invested in maintaining this hippie image they would have known about the flu. Not only do your doctors tell you, but it's everywhere. When I was pregnant it was important to get the shot and after my child's doctor expressed how important. They however were at one point going to hippie doctors who told them homeopathic remedies were the key. That breastfeeding was enough.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I 100% think they are buying likes for their videos. I can't believe with only about 5000 views more than 840 people actually already liked today's vlog. And today's vlog is sponsored, which people typically DON'T like.

I just checked some of the recent vlogs and all seem to have about 1000 likes. Hmmmmmm. That's super fishy because the vlogs are boring AF. I guess he's trying to make the vlogs look better to advertisers, but it's still cheating.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They have been sponsored a lot lately. They used to only take a sponsor here or there and claimed to be very picky. Now they are taking anything and everything.

Also the "prank" Corbin yet again whines and claims how unfunny it is. Yet pretending their dog is possibly dead... gold!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Well, if you don't believe YTers do hidden ads or get gift cards for places for going to them/talking about them on vlogs, then here's a PRIME example. This moron seems to really "believe" Chuck E. Cheese is the best pizza he's ever had - in both the UK and the US. SMH! The pizza even looks like disgusting cardboard and unappetizing at best in the video.

100% an #AD! Did he mention he was paid or received gift cards? NOPE!

Chuck E. Cheese has worked with tons of other YTers too - all ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuH3PuuCFGQ (And, YES, the title is click bait)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ugh. Chuck E Cheese is the _best_ pizza? Ewwww. It's disgusting. The only people I know who eat Chuck E Cheese pizza are under the age of 10.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Did he call it (pizza) "my love"? If not, I'm not clicking the link

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I only posted that video above because people say they aren't doing these hidden ads. They totally are. They've been working with Trending Family - a company that's ONLY purpose is to secure brand deals - for more than a year. The owners of Trending Family are also daily vloggers, so when I notice they get and talk about a certain product that K&C also got - that placemat, the Doc-A-Tot, etc. - I know it's a "hidden" ad.

I don't care that they get free stuff, but they should be more honest about it!!! I don't trust an "opinion" on something they got for free and HAVE to talk about to make the company happy. That's called a paid advertisement.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I think we can all agree that them messing with her vaccination schedule is not the wisest thing they’ve done. Like I said, im definitely pro-vaccinations. I just heard way too many conflicting things about the flu this season, I didn’t know what to believe! What do you do when you have so many people telling you different things?! Ultimately, i choose to listen to my doctor’s advice and she had suggest the flu shot last year and I should’ve gotten one but again, I thought it was useless! Then I heard how deadly this flu season has been (well at least the media makes it seem that way) and I did get scared and wanted to rush over to go get one but when I went to my annual, the physican didn’t offer it and I was too concerned with other things that I forgot to get it. I know there’s a huge debate on the topic but I think if you’re truly lost either do research or listen to your doctor’s advice. No matter what someone will call me ignorant or an idiot, so *shrug*...

anyways, why did the talk come up anyway? What did they do that brought this up? I stopped watching them because they’re boring but I click on a video from time to time.
It takes about two weeks before it offers any protection, but it's not too late and it's still offered. It's only about 25% effective in adults against the most common strain (H3N2) circulating this year and 36% effective this year overall, but that's better than no protection. Interestingly enough, that effectiveness rate is much higher in young children- The vaccine this year provided 59% protection against H3N2 in children 8 and younger. So it would make big a difference in a child June's age. The effectiveness rate is probably under-reported because there is no way to know how many vaccinated people never got ill at all, but the CDC uses data from the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Network.
It’s also important to consider that vaccine lessens the severity of illness if you do get the flu. So, while it may not be all that effective at preventing it entirely, it’s still important to get it to reduce your chances of severe illness and complications.

Ok, what I really came on here to ask: I don’t watch them much, but is there any more talk about their big plans to hike Havasupai Falls with a baby? Did Corbin get “tickets” (aka permits Image)? I will SO be watching that train wreck if they go through with it....

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

I have 2 children on the spectrum vaccines do not cause autism if you research the erm man who said it does he was a complete fraud even had a patent for the vaccine and truth be told even if they did actually prove which they haven't and and said that there is a 1 in how many thousand chance of it causing autism, I would rather have a child on the spectrum than a dead child from a preventable illness
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

queentee20 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
queentee20 wrote:[quote="lmmomSD"

Kelsey said in a recent video that she was so paranoid about June getting the flu because she realizes now that young children can die from it, but I questioned whether she did anything proactive about it to protect her. I brought it up because of their history with not vaccinating, or heavily delaying vaccination.

You don't need to get your vaccine from your physician, it's available at CVS, Walgreens, your grocery store pharmacy etc. and can be purchased there with your insurance and administered by a pharmacist. My workplace now brings in someone to give out the flu vaccine in October, but prior to that I would go to the pharmacy and get it. Much more convenient for me than having to make an appointment, take time off work, and pay an office visit co-pay.

Thank you for being kind and informative :) the kind approach works so much better at getting through to people than calling someone ignorant lol. It is really worrisome though, and I also didn’t know kids were more likely to suffer from it so Idk if I can really blame Kelsey for her lack of knowledge although she is a mother and I am not. You’d think someone would have told her... I feel like they try so hard to be this hippie wannabe couple and they have no idea how it could affect their daughter. Reference to teen mom’s amber “I don’t care about your hippie bullshit!” they should get that baby vaccinated ASAP. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone but the whole linking shots to autism is so far out there to me, I’ve never seen actual concrete evidence however it’s been years since I’ve done research so correct me if I am wrong! (Respectfully.)

Also should add I don’t think not vaccinating is hippyish I just think they’ve got this overall (stereotypical in MY mind) wannabe hippi vibe going on... obviously they fail so hard at it[/quote

Not to beat a dead horse, but to quote your original statement, "I’m a firm believer that the government makes up new diseases to infect us with.". Sorry, this is an ignorant statement no matter which way you slice it! I think a majority of people, myself included, took most issue with this statement because it implies a lot of of completely false and ridiculous conspiracy theories regarding vaccinations. A statement such as that would align much more closely with an anti-vaxxer's ideals than someone who supports then. I think that is what started a lot of the backlash. I am glad you've been a bit more educated on influenza here and to hear you aren't completely anti-vaccine. I also hope you don't actually believe our government is out to infect us with new diseases to kill off the population or make money on vaccines. If you truly do, you need a LOT more education, beyond what anyone can provide here on this platform. I'll drop the subject now.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cat9480 wrote:
It’s also important to consider that vaccine lessens the severity of illness if you do get the flu. So, while it may not be all that effective at preventing it entirely, it’s still important to get it to reduce your chances of severe illness and complications.

Ok, what I really came on here to ask: I don’t watch them much, but is there any more talk about their big plans to hike Havasupai Falls with a baby? Did Corbin get “tickets” (aka permits Image)? I will SO be watching that train wreck if they go through with it....

Yes, they purchased permits for nine people if I remember correctly and they did a vlog all about picking out a baby carrier for the hike. It will most certainly be a mess.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I _can_ blame Kelsey for her lack of education on vaccines and her pseudo hipster views on homeopathic remedies. Because there is a wealth of information on all of it right there on the internet. She and Corbin make these sweeping statements based on things celebrities have said, or pseudo science. And they sound like idiots. Homeopathic remedies do have a place and a use. But for instance, when your child has thrush, you need to give her an anti-fungal.
She and Corbin are morons. Even more so, because they are supposedly educated and have the information at their fingertips. They just choose to ignore it.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I feel like for a couple that comes across as so backwards and controlling, they try *really* hard to look like they have a modern, egalitarian relationship. They mentioned that they have a “to do” list that they trade off on every day with every little minute chore on it because they really want to split the parenting 50/50, and Corbin made a big deal out of not seeing himself as a babysitter. Today Kelsey said that Corbin was making dinner “like a real man.” I don’t know, it just seems like overkill to me. For couples who are secure and happy, I feel like they hardly ever have to announce to others how they split chores or make statements like that.

My husband and I trade off on who cooks dinner and that's important to me in a relationship, but I don’t see the point in announcing to anyone that my husband cooks dinner “like a real man.” It's almost like a put down? That they're so superior to other parents who don't do it the way they do? Maybe they come from families with strong gender roles and they’re still rebelling against that or something. It just does not feel natural or genuine.

And they love to make a big deal out of Corbin being a hands-on parent and cooking dinner, but where is the enthusiasm for Kelsey earning a living to help support her family? They should be talking about the ways that Kelsey contributes to their business if they want to pretend that they’re in this egalitarian relationship.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That was one of the main things that started to rub me the wrong way when I found them. They make these grand statements with very little research or actual knowledge to back it up.

Kelsey made such a big deal about no pitocin or epi during labor. She couldn't explain why though. I had commented to let her know don't be so set on that. Labor is never cut and dry and making such set in stone rules will lead to a not needed let down when things don't go your way. Sure enough she needed both those things.

Then the vaccination bullshit. Only homeopathic medications. All stupid crap.

I can 100 % blame them for not being better educated on the well being of their child. They need to stop trying to fit into some modern day hippie role and just be normal well informed people.

Corbin's whole meltdown over the "babysitting" comment was ridiculous. Yes, he's her father but maybe he was her uncle or an actual baby sitter. Men can babysit too. A simple "nope I am dad" would have sufficed but he then throws a 5 minute tantrum about how dare the Disney store of all places ask this. Like you little weasel shut up

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”