Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

June's b-day party was basically a backyard family get-together for 20 people (or less). They did jump rope and sack races (per Missy's Insta).

Why did it take them a month to plan that?????? That looked beyond basic. I'm not sure that would even take more than a day to plan (maybe two days for Prime shipping :D ).

How are they so unorganized and just lazy?? They seem to be in a rut...but I think they've been in a rut for a looooong time. Corbin should go back to work. That would probably help him become more productive and creative. Footage of June doing NOTHING got old around last summer.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I’m surprised that even Bryan put up his vlog showing so much of June’s birthday party before Corbin did. Any other day he can delay it. Just really a mean thing to do. We know they have plenty of other stuff they could have blogged about. Missy even babysat June the other night and she never said anything about it. I think the whole trouble is Bryan and Corbin and so Bryan showing the party was just him being passive aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Otterpop
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Otterpop »

After weeks of build up for this party the only word that comes to mind is that I am underwhelmed.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WOW! That was pretty bad. All the food they offered was raw, gross looking veggies, a basic cheese platter you get at any grocery store with ONE type of cracker and from the vlog it looks like they only served one TJ's app! I mean, seriously?????!!!! I also HATE carrot cake, so I would have starved at that party - who serves carrot cake at a party??! LOL!

Obviously the party planning was just vlog-filler, but that didn't look like an interesting party. I've planned book club gatherings with more flair!
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

janem wrote:I’m surprised that even Bryan put up his vlog showing so much of June’s birthday party before Corbin did. Any other day he can delay it. Just really a mean thing to do. We know they have plenty of other stuff they could have blogged about. Missy even babysat June the other night and she never said anything about it. I think the whole trouble is Bryan and Corbin and so Bryan showing the party was just him being passive aggressive.

When they were all for real bffs it was obvious that Bryan and Missy controlled what Corbin and Kelsey filmed around them. I admit it would suck if you do fun things with your 'famous' friends and you're never allowed to vlog it, especially if you hang out all of the time and your friends film it and make money off of it. No way was Corbin ok with it for more than like a month so imo it was a pretty deliberate slight to post footage of Corbin's party first.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:
janem wrote:I’m surprised that even Bryan put up his vlog showing so much of June’s birthday party before Corbin did. Any other day he can delay it. Just really a mean thing to do. We know they have plenty of other stuff they could have blogged about. Missy even babysat June the other night and she never said anything about it. I think the whole trouble is Bryan and Corbin and so Bryan showing the party was just him being passive aggressive.

When they were all for real bffs it was obvious that Bryan and Missy controlled what Corbin and Kelsey filmed around them. I admit it would suck if you do fun things with your 'famous' friends and you're never allowed to vlog it, especially if you hang out all of the time and your friends film it and make money off of it. No way was Corbin ok with it for more than like a month so imo it was a pretty deliberate slight to post footage of Corbin's party first.
Missy also posted Insta stories from the party yesterday, so I don't think the Lannings cared at all about posting the party footage first.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote:WOW! That was pretty bad. All the food they offered was raw, gross looking veggies, a basic cheese platter you get at any grocery store with ONE type of cracker and from the vlog it looks like they only served one TJ's app! I mean, seriously?????!!!! I also HATE carrot cake, so I would have starved at that party - who serves carrot cake at a party??! LOL!

Obviously the party planning was just vlog-filler, but that didn't look like an interesting party. I've planned book club gatherings with more flair!
The best first birthday parties I've ever been to are more like 'adults get together and drink alcohol and eat good food with a bouncy house to entertain the kids' because the baby doesn't care, and the parents probably haven't hung out with their friends in a year. Otherwise they are lame because honestly, parties for babies are dumb. Also ofc they did a smash cake - uuuugh they're so tacky and such a waste. Even as a mom I know watching babies eat is gross especially if they're destroying a whole cake and their outfit - who wants to see that?
Rihanna
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I thought the farmers market/spring theme was cute and something I would do for a first birthday (kind of ironic coming from them since they hardly ever show themselves going to their local market and their diets looked rather junky back when they showed what they ate on a regular basis in Portland) but that didn't require weeks of planning and build-up. There's no reason they should have been talking about this party non-stop in every vlog for the past month. It wasn't that involved. It looked like a typical kids birthday party. I wonder if they really only fed people what looked like raw vegetables, cheese, and cake?

Assuming anything grew in Kelsey's garden (because we all know she did no research and has no follow-through) who would maintain that garden while they're "wandering"? You can't leave a garden for days or weeks while you go back packing or fly to India. They can't decide if they're farmers or wanderers.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

How much time do you think Bryan spends on Amazon looking for stuff like this? Guess that’s what he’s always doing when he’s “working” in his office. Sure it was on YouTube someplace else first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Who thinks these idiots pride themselves on simplicity compared to their wealthy over-the-top YouTube buddies? They wanted the party to be underwhelming, because they don't want to be "those"'types.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also I agree cake smashes are tragically common these days. Apparently everyone is supposed to swoon over their special snow flake smearing food everywhere... Because that's something ever other baby doesn't do every damn meal lol
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Last post, this time in their defense- carrot cake is so good and totally an appropriate party cake IMO. Very common first birthday cake because you can really limit sugar content.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Playsinrain wrote:
janem wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should probably remove or crop the screenshot since we can see your full name and ZIP code there
Thanks. Darn how do I delete it? Having trouble with app. Should have posted in bumps thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Can you report your own post? Or does it effect your account if someone reports it and tells the mod why it needs to be deleted? Is there “punishment” for reported posts?[/quote]

I just don’t know how it works.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

janem wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
janem wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should probably remove or crop the screenshot since we can see your full name and ZIP code there
Thanks. Darn how do I delete it? Having trouble with app. Should have posted in bumps thread.

Can you report your own post? Or does it effect your account if someone reports it and tells the mod why it needs to be deleted? Is there “punishment” for reported posts?[/quote]

I just don’t know how it works.

contact a mod and ask them to delete it

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

That party was horrible. Their need for her to have a blue dress or it was the end of the world was ridiculous. Such an uncomfortable bday party.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ohaudrey wrote:Last post, this time in their defense- carrot cake is so good and totally an appropriate party cake IMO. Very common first birthday cake because you can really limit sugar content.
Yeah but it was THE GUESTS ho had to eat those dry looking cupcakes while June got a whole different frosted cake to destroy lmao.
Rihanna
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Carrot cake can be yummy, but there's not much worse than dry carrot cake.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That was a weird haul. That was a "what we bought for June AFTER her birthday party." I only tuned in to see what she actually got at the party - and that was only about 30 seconds of the video. Maybe she didn't get many presents? Or just gift cards?

The outfits they bought were pretty basic. The pink Pink Floyd shirt the Johnsons got her for her birthday was cuter.

They didn't show or say what the Lannings got June...probably a big check (or maybe nothing because Missy supports her parents all year). ;)
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

What I find strange about the haul is they said they waited to see what she got for her bday and shopped to fill in the gaps. In just shop lol. Whatever anyone else gets is nice but I am buying what I want for baby. Missy and Bryan got her the spinning ball thing they mentioned it in their video.

I find it odd that living in California they buy her pants for summer. Granted I don't live there, but if she can wear shorts in winter why would she need pants in summer.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:What I find strange about the haul is they said they waited to see what she got for her bday and shopped to fill in the gaps. In just shop lol. Whatever anyone else gets is nice but I am buying what I want for baby. Missy and Bryan got her the spinning ball thing they mentioned it in their video.

I find it odd that living in California they buy her pants for summer. Granted I don't live there, but if she can wear shorts in winter why would she need pants in summer.
Maybe for her knees since shes crawling?

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”