Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Postby alyssadt » Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 am

What’s the more bad news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alyssadt
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Wed May 30, 2018 11:44 am

alyssadt wrote:What’s the more bad news?

His dad found out he has to have open heart surgery. Quadruple bypass. I hope everything turns out ok.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 am

I think they are hinting that they are moving to Idaho REALLY soon.

I'm not sure why Corbin is acting so freaking special snowflake CRAZY about his father's surgery. It's a pretty common procedure. Yes, the recovery time sucks, but having annoying Corbin around would make it WORSE!

I really do think they will use this as their excuse to move in with his parents.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 am

ewokfan11 wrote:I think they are hinting that they are moving to Idaho REALLY soon.

I'm not sure why Corbin is acting so freaking special snowflake CRAZY about his father's surgery. It's a pretty common procedure. Yes, the recovery time sucks, but having annoying Corbin around would make it WORSE!

I really do think they will use this as their excuse to move in with his parents.

I didn't think he was acting over the top at all, quite to opposite actually. Especially for Corbin. I only went to watch bc of this comment, but i didn't see any sort of behavior that i would consider "special snowflake crazy". He acted like a concerned son. Open heart surgery is a big deal. It might be common, but it's still super major surgery with risks of terrible complications. I would be pacing the floors all day if it was one of my parents. I'm glad they decided to go back home to be with family. They are able to drop everything and be there for family when they need help, I would think less of him if they DIDN'T take the trip.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:37 am

ewokfan11 wrote:I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.

Yes, and he's definitely using his father's operation to drum up views, which is so tacky. Titling the vlogs things like "Emergency Family Road Trip" when there was NO emergency and "Emotional Open Heart Surgery Day" where the thumbnail makes it look like JUNE is the one having open heart surgery is just in such poor taste. And I don't think his mother and his family members thought that their group text was going to be used in the vlog. Why did they wait until after his father had his operation to visit? If they were so worried, it makes more sense to fly out to be with his father prior to the operation so that they could have been with his mother while she waited.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby janem » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.

Yes, and he's definitely using his father's operation to drum up views, which is so tacky. Titling the vlogs things like "Emergency Family Road Trip" when there was NO emergency and "Emotional Open Heart Surgery Day" where the thumbnail makes it look like JUNE is the one having open heart surgery is just in such poor taste. And I don't think his mother and his family members thought that their group text was going to be used in the vlog. Why did they wait until after his father had his operation to visit? If they were so worried, it makes more sense to fly out to be with his father prior to the operation so that they could have been with his mother while she waited.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Why not go before to see him. I was also thinking that I hope they aren’t planning an extended stay at his dads house. I’d think the man would need some rest but also quiet without having extra people a baby and a needy dog also in the house. The house isn’t that big. It’d be difficult if he hadn’t just had open heart surgery.
I think this was just an opportunity for Corbin to get extra views for their failing channel. I wonder how many of their commentators actually realize what it all means.

janem
Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm guessing they'll be there awhile. They have nothing going on at home (including the non-existent relationship with the Lannings) and don't really have jobs to worry about. I think Corbin loves the attention and sympathy he's getting because of HIS DAD...which is sick. Corbin's got some twisted priorities.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:46 am

It seems like Corbin's niece lives with his parents.

I have a feeling they aren't buying a house any time soon. They are definitely too picky for people with a small budget!!
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby fossilfinger » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:02 pm

The house options they looked at did not look too nice. They loved one of the houses, but it seemed like it would need much more work than they anticipated. They'd probably be happier with a newer build, like the house they're renting right now. It seems appealing to want to buy an old house with character, but if they're no maintained properly, they come with many problems that are a pain to deal with and really expensive. I have to wonder what their budget is, because it doesn't seem like Boise would be that expensive, unless they're looking in a prime real estate area.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 am

Man nothing but 5 minute videos. Why even bother. I find it disgusting the milking of the family problems. The funeral the sick father and now sick June. Corbin is a POS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Gossiper

Postby Dramatic princess » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 am

With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up . But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper

Postby Dramatic princess » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:55 am

Dramatic princess wrote:With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up . But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)

I found one they can most likely afford
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper

Postby alyssadt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:07 pm

IMPO they made a hell of a big deal over a fever... she didn’t have any other symptoms other than lethargy and they acted like she was dying. Of course, if my kid had a fever that high through to the next day, I would take her in just to be sure, but they acted like she contracted the plague. AND they took her to urgent care, not the ER... but hey, whatever brings in the money is what matters to Cringy Corbin.

alyssadt
Informer

Postby ohaudrey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm

What do you all think of their new style- narrating the vlog footage? Ala bucket list family (unless it's a common thing and I just haven't seen it). Seems like they are not into vlogging at all, and this is a way around it.
ohaudrey
True Gossiper

Postby ohaudrey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Also seems like a great way to Doctor things- taking some footage and then, after the fact, telling the story any way they like. Less pressure that way.
ohaudrey
True Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Dramatic princess wrote:With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up. But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)

I think they want to live in the trendy North End of Boise. They want more of the Portland-feel than the suburban setting they have now. Prices in downtown Boise are pretty high (for Idaho), so they might get a tiny fixer, but not much better in that area. I can't see them settling for a house in the 'burbs in Boise.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm sure this is more like the house they actually want, but I'm sure it's out of their price range....

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/North-End-Boise-ID/pmf,pf_pt/79624691_zpid/269539_rid/
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:30 pm

2 things, first good for them for taking the day off from vlogging and taking care of June... BUT... they are realllllllly blowing a damn cold with an ear infection way out of proportion. "Google says a sinus infection is one of the most painful things you can have.." ummmmm what?? Yes colds suck, ear infections suck, babies with colds and ear infections suck. But this is seriously not that big of a deal. He was comparing it to his dad's surgery to his mother, are you kidding me corbin... please go and take care of your daughter, but also know that a cold and an ear infection is not this earth shattering.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Playsinrain wrote:2 things, first good for them for taking the day off from vlogging and taking care of June... BUT... they are realllllllly blowing a damn cold with an ear infection way out of proportion. "Google says a sinus infection is one of the most painful things you can have.." ummmmm what?? Yes colds suck, ear infections suck, babies with colds and ear infections suck. But this is seriously not that big of a deal. He was comparing it to his dad's surgery to his mother, are you kidding me corbin... please go and take care of your daughter, but also know that a cold and an ear infection is not this earth shattering.

Also, if I understood him correctly, they don't know she HAS a sinus infection. The ear infection is diagnosed (which is bad enough) but during the day her runny nose looked green to him so he's jumped to the google diagnosis of a sinus infection.

Im surprised Kelsey was allowed to take a bath with June, figured that would be controlling corbins job.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby janem » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:43 pm

So much for the heart surgery patient getting some rest. A sick baby isn’t fun but it also isn’t the end of the world. These two love to self diagnose per google. He acts like it’s the end of the world. It happens. It usually does t take two grown adults to care for a sick child. Drama king!!!

janem
Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:2 things, first good for them for taking the day off from vlogging and taking care of June... BUT... they are realllllllly blowing a damn cold with an ear infection way out of proportion. "Google says a sinus infection is one of the most painful things you can have.." ummmmm what?? Yes colds suck, ear infections suck, babies with colds and ear infections suck. But this is seriously not that big of a deal. He was comparing it to his dad's surgery to his mother, are you kidding me corbin... please go and take care of your daughter, but also know that a cold and an ear infection is not this earth shattering.

Also, if I understood him correctly, they don't know she HAS a sinus infection. The ear infection is diagnosed (which is bad enough) but during the day her runny nose looked green to him so he's jumped to the google diagnosis of a sinus infection.

Im surprised Kelsey was allowed to take a bath with June, figured that would be controlling corbins job.

So over the top... omg

I was surprised that he was allowing her to bathe her alone too. I assume he was going in there to intervene as soon as the clip ended. Wonder if he's going to teach her how to use pads and tampons when she gets older....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Next

• Advertisement

Return to The Wander Family - Steps to Wander