Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a hous

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I don't know if I would have taken June on that hike in the backpack. It was clearly raining and those trails get slippery...not to mention several people have died on that trail from falling rocks.

Seven Sacred Pools has been closed for awhile—well over a year—due to a landslide. Did they not look up the info in advance? I can't imagine taking a two-hour drive to only find the destination closed.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

And if they insist on carrying her on the trail, is it odd that Corbin also pointed out that he is carrying all the diapers, wipes, supplies, etc.? Why can’t Kelsey wear a backpack and carry the supplies if Corbin is carrying a toddler? It seemed like a passive aggressive comment on his part to let the viewers know that Kelsey doesn’t do enough.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

HashtagBlessed wrote:And if they insist on carrying her on the trail, is it odd that Corbin also pointed out that he is carrying all the diapers, wipes, supplies, etc.? Why can’t Kelsey wear a backpack and carry the supplies if Corbin is carrying a toddler? It seemed like a passive aggressive comment on his part to let the viewers know that Kelsey doesn’t do enough.
All her supplies fit in the backpack that June is in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I assumed the carrier came with pockets, but what would prevent them from not using the carrier pockets and instead using a second backpack that Kelsey could carry for lighter things? You can see her carrying a medium-sized messenger bag/purse in the video. Your average two-year-old is between 20-30 pounds. If my husband was carrying a child, I would offer to carry the rest. Throw the things in a backpack so that all the weight isn’t on one shoulder like with that messenger bag. There’s no way a couple diapers, wipes, the camera, sandwiches and water for a four-mile hike weighs all that much, but it might make a difference if you’re already carrying an almost-preschooler on your back. For all I know Corbin insisted on carrying everything and passive-aggressively complained the whole time. But I always feel like Kelsey is uniquely helpless and really defers to her husband when it comes to all the heavy lifting, both literally and figuratively. If Kelsey was carrying the vast majority of the "extras" and Corbin was complaining about a couple diapers and wipes, that's another story. But he specifically said "almost all of our supplies on my back."

I would also speculate that despite all their talk about a second child and buying a house, these two don’t have the money they’d like people to think they have and probably couldn’t afford a second backpack if they were resorting to that messenger bag. So impractical for hiking.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I assumed the carrier came with pockets, but what would prevent them from not using the carrier pockets and instead using a second backpack that Kelsey could carry for lighter things? You can see her carrying a medium-sized messenger bag/purse in the video. Your average two-year-old is between 20-30 pounds. If my husband was carrying a child, I would offer to carry the rest. Throw the things in a backpack so that all the weight isn’t on one shoulder like with that messenger bag. There’s no way a couple diapers, wipes, the camera, sandwiches and water for a four-mile hike weighs all that much, but it might make a difference if you’re already carrying an almost-preschooler on your back. For all I know Corbin insisted on carrying everything and passive-aggressively complained the whole time. But I always feel like Kelsey is uniquely helpless and really defers to her husband when it comes to all the heavy lifting, both literally and figuratively. If Kelsey was carrying the vast majority of the "extras" and Corbin was complaining about a couple diapers and wipes, that's another story. But he specifically said "almost all of our supplies on my back."

I would also speculate that despite all their talk about a second child and buying a house, these two don’t have the money they’d like people to think they have and probably couldn’t afford a second backpack if they were resorting to that messenger bag. So impractical for hiking.
I think Corbin was just complaining. If he was really carrying June on "so many hikes," he'd probably look a lot more fit. He looks like a nasty string bean. Also, let's be real...four miles isn't a very long hike—and it's pretty flat (only goes up about 600' in elevation). Didn't they used to brag about being backpacking hikers? Even when they lived in Oregon they really didn't do much hiking or camping. I grew up there, so weekend 7-mile hikes on Mt. Hood were the norm.

Corbin must be starting his whining because he knows he'll be back in boring Boise soon.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

I really think Corbin was just complaining. Kelsey was carrying something in her pack. I think maybe they bought food instead of bringing their own.

These two are so stupid. The reason there’s so much water and falls is because of the rain! It’s very dangerous. They even kept going in the rain!

How accurate are those numbers on that site for income? If even the middle, they’re pretty much just above poverty line. So how do they expect to buy a house? Both sets of parents don’t seem like they have the financial ability to buy another house.

It really bothers me that they haven’t shown some of the very best parts of Maui. That road that they went on, has so many interesting things; Lindbergh’s burial site and a winery are just a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

HashtagBlessed wrote: But I always feel like Kelsey is uniquely helpless

YES! This is the perfect description for her.

"Uniquely helpless" and Uninformed hipster; what a pair.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jmoysa wrote:
It really bothers me that they haven’t shown some of the very best parts of Maui. That road that they went on, has so many interesting things; Lindbergh’s burial site and a winery are just a couple.
This 100%. The first time I went on that road it was only a local (and basically all dirt/gravel) road and seemed really scary, but that was at least 25 years ago when I was about 8. They really haven't shown much that looks familiar to me, and I went to Maui twice a year for about 20 years. The Charles Lindbergh gravesite is also a favorite place to stop, but I sort of doubt Corbin or Kelsey care much about history/historical sites.

My parents' house was in Kihei, so I get the feeling they are just staying around the house they are staying at. They haven't even showed any of Lahaina. Yes, touristy, but EVERYONE goes to Lahaina at least once on Maui.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Kelsey said that it had been a very stressful morning. She never says what it was but I think it was sometimes do with the dog.

This is a 6:35 minute video. The first 3 min ends with them getting pizza and then we see them sitting at the counter. She’s eating chili and he’s eating cereal dressed completely different????

The next 3+ minutes is them talking about wanting a boy or girl and the reasons why.
These two are so darn lazy! Yesterday’s waterfall vlog isn’t even at 5k views. So of course he has to do something with a baby.

They’ve had built-in content by being in Hawaii, yet they never show it. He calls himself a journalist...what a joke. I could think of so many things that they could show because Hawaii is so unique. Yet, they show the exact same thing.

Kelsey and Corbin STOP eating while on camera!! It’s not only rude, but it’s disgusting!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HashtagBlessed wrote:And if they insist on carrying her on the trail, is it odd that Corbin also pointed out that he is carrying all the diapers, wipes, supplies, etc.? Why can’t Kelsey wear a backpack and carry the supplies if Corbin is carrying a toddler? It seemed like a passive aggressive comment on his part to let the viewers know that Kelsey doesn’t do enough.
Corbin complaining that Kelsey doesn't do enough when it comes to June would be really rich.... He doesn't ALLOW her to parent June 98% of the time. He made that bed...
aniraKKarina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aniraKKarina »

It occurred to me that maybe their stay in Hawaii was much shorter than they said. They said a month right? What if it was only for like a week. That would explain all the sit down videos. They could have done several every night. It would explain the lack of footage of what they're doing on the island. They'd have to stretch it out to make it appear they were there for longer.
I don't know. It could be that this is just how they choose to vlog their "Hawaiian adventure" but they are being so dumb that I can't help but try and find an explanation for their stupidity lol

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

These two. I wonder what rock bottom is to then where they will finally just get jobs. I think they're trying super hard to get any incoming sponsors. Corbin's latest picture he has everything tagged like Target etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

aniraKKarina wrote:It occurred to me that maybe their stay in Hawaii was much shorter than they said. They said a month right? What if it was only for like a week. That would explain all the sit down videos. They could have done several every night. It would explain the lack of footage of what they're doing on the island. They'd have to stretch it out to make it appear they were there for longer.
I don't know. It could be that this is just how they choose to vlog their "Hawaiian adventure" but they are being so dumb that I can't help but try and find an explanation for their stupidity lol
I think they might already be home. Kelsey posted on IG a few days ago that their trip was coming to an end, but in today's vlog she said they were there for 10 more days. That doesn't add up. They've definitely been editing the vlogs to make the trip look longer than it actually is/was.

They could have made several clips on the same trip to the beach because they never say where they are or what day it is. Underwater footage could all be from the same snorkeling outing. They also purposely didn't celebrate Thanksgiving as to not have to put in the vlog. Even if they didn't want to cook, being a tourist island they could have easily gone out to eat on Thanksgiving.

Also, people in the comments have been asking about Paris from DAY ONE of the trip, but they only answered that after "three" weeks there?

Nah, they are probably already home with nothing to vlog in Idaho, so Corbin's cutting together footage from the trip to fake a longer vacation.

They are weird. And they lie.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OMMMMGGGGGGGG! Yes, Corbin, you have told the Internet you want a BOY in about 20 vlogs. When Baby Clickbait turns out to be a girl he'll probably cry. Did he really say he didn't want three girls? What the EFFF is wrong with him???? That comment makes me think he doesn't respect women. There's nothing wrong with having three girls!

I certainly wouldn't want him as a father.

I've noticed they get a lot more thumbs down when they do these clickbait vlogs. GOOD!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I know that Corbin is rightfully vilified here, which I totally get. He’s lazy, toxic and controlling. But I wonder if in the midst of that we’ve forgotten Kelsey’s role in their dysfunction. This is a woman who dropped out of college to move in with her high school boyfriend, likely after he came crawling back to her once he realized no self-respecting woman in college wanted anything to do with him. She eventually went back and likely took on a lot of debt to get a vanity degree she had no intention of using. She has never had a full-time job, just followed Corbin around wherever he could temporarily hold down employment. She decided to go off birth control and start trying while they were living in a van with no prenatal coverage and no steady employment, or really any career prospects. She was insanely holier than thou about her natural birth that never came to fruition and her delayed (non-existent?) vaccination schedule. She puts her child on YouTube to make a buck. Despite their financial situation, she’s eager to try for baby #2. And she chooses to procreate with someone who says, "I want three kids, but not if they're all girls."

Corbin has no filter or self-awareness, so his stupidity is always loud and clear. But Kelsey has proven repeatedly that she is just as ignorant and lacking in work ethic. And at a certain point, the person you chose to be with says alot about your values. She could turn her life around and take responsibility for the child(ren) she chose to bring into this world, but I doubt that will happen. I think she sees it as a reasonable trade-off- Yes, she’s with someone who probably insists on controlling everything and makes poor decisions, burns bridges, etc., but in her mind that’s acceptable to her if it means she doesn’t have to take responsibility or support herself. You see it all over the place in their videos in big ways, liker her lack of work experience at 28-years-old, but in small ways as well, like her refusal to drive or her inability to carry their supplies or leaving Corbin to install that horrible laminate flooring at her poor mom's house. I think Corbin's ego makes it so he's more than happy to lead the way because he thinks he knows it all, but she plays into it big time.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I know that Corbin is rightfully vilified here, which I totally get. He’s lazy, toxic and controlling. But I wonder if in the midst of that we’ve forgotten Kelsey’s role in their dysfunction. This is a woman who dropped out of college to move in with her high school boyfriend, likely after he came crawling back to her once he realized no self-respecting woman in college wanted anything to do with him. She eventually went back and likely took on a lot of debt to get a vanity degree she had no intention of using. She has never had a full-time job, just followed Corbin around wherever he could temporarily hold down employment. She decided to go off birth control and start trying while they were living in a van with no prenatal coverage and no steady employment, or really any career prospects. She was insanely holier than thou about her natural birth that never came to fruition and her delayed (non-existent?) vaccination schedule. She puts her child on YouTube to make a buck. Despite their financial situation, she’s eager to try for baby #2. And she chooses to procreate with someone who says, "I want three kids, but not if they're all girls."

Corbin has no filter or self-awareness, so his stupidity is always loud and clear. But Kelsey has proven repeatedly that she is just as ignorant and lacking in work ethic. And at a certain point, the person you chose to be with says alot about your values. She could turn her life around and take responsibility for the child(ren) she chose to bring into this world, but I doubt that will happen. I think she sees it as a reasonable trade-off- Yes, she’s with someone who probably insists on controlling everything and makes poor decisions, burns bridges, etc., but in her mind that’s acceptable to her if it means she doesn’t have to take responsibility or support herself. You see it all over the place in their videos in big ways, liker her lack of work experience at 28-years-old, but in small ways as well, like her refusal to drive or her inability to carry their supplies or leaving Corbin to install that horrible laminate flooring at her poor mom's house. I think Corbin's ego makes it so he's more than happy to lead the way because he thinks he knows it all, but she plays into it big time.
You’re exactly right on all points! She’s just as much to blame in all this as Corbin is. I think she’s just as happy to let him take over most of the care of June.

I’m also thinking that they’re already back in Idaho. It would be very easy as was pointed out, to make it look like they’re still there.

On their IG, she has 8 pics of Hawaii and he only has 4!!!! How can you spend a month in a place and never post pics or do a decent vlog consistently?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I know that Corbin is rightfully vilified here, which I totally get. He’s lazy, toxic and controlling. But I wonder if in the midst of that we’ve forgotten Kelsey’s role in their dysfunction. This is a woman who dropped out of college to move in with her high school boyfriend, likely after he came crawling back to her once he realized no self-respecting woman in college wanted anything to do with him. She eventually went back and likely took on a lot of debt to get a vanity degree she had no intention of using. She has never had a full-time job, just followed Corbin around wherever he could temporarily hold down employment. She decided to go off birth control and start trying while they were living in a van with no prenatal coverage and no steady employment, or really any career prospects. She was insanely holier than thou about her natural birth that never came to fruition and her delayed (non-existent?) vaccination schedule. She puts her child on YouTube to make a buck. Despite their financial situation, she’s eager to try for baby #2. And she chooses to procreate with someone who says, "I want three kids, but not if they're all girls."

I agree with this. It still really blows my mind that Kelsey's never really had a job/career and lets Corbin dictate everything in their lives. I really think she should have at least tried to find some sort of career-related job when they lived in Portland before the van trip—just to have something on her resume. From what I can tell, she and Corbin were only working PT and seemed to have to leave Portland because they couldn't afford it.

I also think she (and Corbin) listened to Missy too much and expected YT to be easy $$$$. I think Missy is also the reason they had June.

She's going to find herself in real trouble when their YT career falls apart (even more than it is right now) and they have two kids and suddenly have to find real jobs. 2019 is going to be rough for them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, I 100% agree and have said so. I think Corbin just talks more, so he gives us more fodder for snark. I just want to shake Kelsey for her learned helplessness and refusal to put her foot down and do what's best for the child they brought into the world. She had an IUD. She didn't have to have it taken out.
They're both entitled lazy jerks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Look at Ellie and jareds families. They're all vlogging and making $$$
Wtf, did these two do wrong? Even cassie, slyfox, and johnson fam are holding their own.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

onbreak wrote:Look at Ellie and jareds families. They're all vlogging and making $$$
Wtf, did these two do wrong? Even cassie, slyfox, and johnson fam are holding their own.
The Griffiths have a built-in Mormon audience.

The others are more stable people and appeal to little kids.

Corbin and Kelsey are a "fake" traveling couple, who really aren't relatable. They bounce around from state to state and house to house, but never seem honest about their travels or where they live or anything about their lives. They also use too much clickbait and they aren't consistent with their content and style.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”