Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to wander: Steps to having your parents pay for a

Unread post by Playsinrain »

alyssadt wrote:What’s the more bad news?

His dad found out he has to have open heart surgery. Quadruple bypass. I hope everything turns out ok.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think they are hinting that they are moving to Idaho REALLY soon.

I'm not sure why Corbin is acting so freaking special snowflake CRAZY about his father's surgery. It's a pretty common procedure. Yes, the recovery time sucks, but having annoying Corbin around would make it WORSE!

I really do think they will use this as their excuse to move in with his parents.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think they are hinting that they are moving to Idaho REALLY soon.

I'm not sure why Corbin is acting so freaking special snowflake CRAZY about his father's surgery. It's a pretty common procedure. Yes, the recovery time sucks, but having annoying Corbin around would make it WORSE!

I really do think they will use this as their excuse to move in with his parents.

I didn't think he was acting over the top at all, quite to opposite actually. Especially for Corbin. I only went to watch bc of this comment, but i didn't see any sort of behavior that i would consider "special snowflake crazy". He acted like a concerned son. Open heart surgery is a big deal. It might be common, but it's still super major surgery with risks of terrible complications. I would be pacing the floors all day if it was one of my parents. I'm glad they decided to go back home to be with family. They are able to drop everything and be there for family when they need help, I would think less of him if they DIDN'T take the trip.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.
Yes, and he's definitely using his father's operation to drum up views, which is so tacky. Titling the vlogs things like "Emergency Family Road Trip" when there was NO emergency and "Emotional Open Heart Surgery Day" where the thumbnail makes it look like JUNE is the one having open heart surgery is just in such poor taste. And I don't think his mother and his family members thought that their group text was going to be used in the vlog. Why did they wait until after his father had his operation to visit? If they were so worried, it makes more sense to fly out to be with his father prior to the operation so that they could have been with his mother while she waited.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I felt Corbin was being overdramatic just to have content for the vlog. He hasn't even been very close to his parents until a few months ago. Of course everyone would be concerned, but Corbin seemed a bit over-the-top. Did his family know all their texts would be revealed to the world in the vlog?? I felt he revealed too much of HIS FATHER'S private information.
Yes, and he's definitely using his father's operation to drum up views, which is so tacky. Titling the vlogs things like "Emergency Family Road Trip" when there was NO emergency and "Emotional Open Heart Surgery Day" where the thumbnail makes it look like JUNE is the one having open heart surgery is just in such poor taste. And I don't think his mother and his family members thought that their group text was going to be used in the vlog. Why did they wait until after his father had his operation to visit? If they were so worried, it makes more sense to fly out to be with his father prior to the operation so that they could have been with his mother while she waited.
I was thinking the exact same thing! Why not go before to see him. I was also thinking that I hope they aren’t planning an extended stay at his dads house. I’d think the man would need some rest but also quiet without having extra people a baby and a needy dog also in the house. The house isn’t that big. It’d be difficult if he hadn’t just had open heart surgery.
I think this was just an opportunity for Corbin to get extra views for their failing channel. I wonder how many of their commentators actually realize what it all means.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm guessing they'll be there awhile. They have nothing going on at home (including the non-existent relationship with the Lannings) and don't really have jobs to worry about. I think Corbin loves the attention and sympathy he's getting because of HIS DAD...which is sick. Corbin's got some twisted priorities.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It seems like Corbin's niece lives with his parents.

I have a feeling they aren't buying a house any time soon. They are definitely too picky for people with a small budget!!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The house options they looked at did not look too nice. They loved one of the houses, but it seemed like it would need much more work than they anticipated. They'd probably be happier with a newer build, like the house they're renting right now. It seems appealing to want to buy an old house with character, but if they're no maintained properly, they come with many problems that are a pain to deal with and really expensive. I have to wonder what their budget is, because it doesn't seem like Boise would be that expensive, unless they're looking in a prime real estate area.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Man nothing but 5 minute videos. Why even bother. I find it disgusting the milking of the family problems. The funeral the sick father and now sick June. Corbin is a POS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up . But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Dramatic princess wrote:With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up . But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)

I found one they can most likely afford
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

IMPO they made a hell of a big deal over a fever... she didn’t have any other symptoms other than lethargy and they acted like she was dying. Of course, if my kid had a fever that high through to the next day, I would take her in just to be sure, but they acted like she contracted the plague. AND they took her to urgent care, not the ER... but hey, whatever brings in the money is what matters to Cringy Corbin.

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

What do you all think of their new style- narrating the vlog footage? Ala bucket list family (unless it's a common thing and I just haven't seen it). Seems like they are not into vlogging at all, and this is a way around it.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Also seems like a great way to Doctor things- taking some footage and then, after the fact, telling the story any way they like. Less pressure that way.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Dramatic princess wrote:With most you tubers going overboard on big fancy houses. They must be on a good budget. Seems like land out there is what makes the propert go up. But there budget must suck awfully unless I have the wrong area (completely possible)
I think they want to live in the trendy North End of Boise. They want more of the Portland-feel than the suburban setting they have now. Prices in downtown Boise are pretty high (for Idaho), so they might get a tiny fixer, but not much better in that area. I can't see them settling for a house in the 'burbs in Boise.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”