Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
srabbitt
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Unread post by srabbitt »

Finally see June is in her carseat but if course it is not safe to be in the front of a truck forwardfacing at her age.

Also they drove to the top... didn't see them hike anywhere

Another boring vlog.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Everything, I mean everything, that’s written about going up to the summit of Haleakalā tell you to dress warmly because even at sunset the temp can go below freezing and the wind can be bad. Once again these two weren’t prepared. Wonder what they actually do in a day. Looks like they went to Target. At some point they had to eat out again and then end up rushing to get there. They don’t ever seem to plan things out and are always either late or miss out.

It’s so dangerous to have June in that seat like that. Is Kelsey even buckled in? I get the feeling Kelsey will be glad to leave. I’m sure she’ll be happy to have her mom there to babysit. Cracks me up that they still act like that house is theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lavenderlove »

I don't have much to say, other than Corbin is ROUGH to look at. Yikes!!! Guy needs to shave off that ugly Amish beard and get a damn haircut. And something else I've noticed, both of their glasses they sometimes wear are AWFUL! Stupid hipster trends. Let's get the ugliest, most unflattering glasses for our face, and it'll be considered "cool"! Yeah, makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Funny the reason they said they had to take the Subaru on the RV trip was because it was not safe for June to ride in the RV. However it really isn't safe for her to be in the front seat front facing in that shit truck. Yet....

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Funny the reason they said they had to take the Subaru on the RV trip was because it was not safe for June to ride in the RV. However it really isn't safe for her to be in the front seat front facing in that shit truck. Yet....

It's also not safe for Kelsey to ride without a seatbelt (or with only a lap belt, it's practically the same thing). It endangers other passengers as well. I've also noticed a lot of times the straps on Juniper's carseat aren't tightened very well. Just having and using seatbelts improperly doesn't protect you if you get in a vehicle. If they got into a bad accident they would all have a much higher chance of getting injured or flying out of the vehicle than if they were properly buckled in.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Funny the reason they said they had to take the Subaru on the RV trip was because it was not safe for June to ride in the RV. However it really isn't safe for her to be in the front seat front facing in that shit truck. Yet....
Yep, I noticed that from the very beginning of this weird trip. They must be totally broke to not even rent a car when his parents were there. It's just not safe...and they know that. Did Kelsey's middle seat even have a belt?

These two are fools. One car accident.....
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

I’m so angry right now. These two are the most pretentious pair of a**holes I’ve ever seen!!!

Hawaiian monk seals are an endangered species. Even when a single one is sunning on the beach, there are groups that will put up a tape barrier to keep people (tourists) away at least 150 feet. If there is any animal with a baby, the mother can become protective. They would not have been attacked in the water if they left them alone.

Corbin was pouting in the truck at the beginning. So just because of that, they went back and sulked for a day. Why not do something else? Did they actually think that the dolphins were close to shore?

I wonder how worried they are about the fact the channel is dying? They still seem to go out to eat a lot. They must have huge debt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

How immature to name their vlog "A Really Bad Day" instead of something about snorkeling or seeing sea turtles or building a fort. So they had an argument, okay, whatever. Their family is healthy, they have a place to stay, nothing disastrous occurred...it was NOT a "really" bad day. Their definition of bad is being stuck in traffic and not getting to swim with dolphins? It's a touristy area, of course there are going to be delays and it's going to be difficult to see certain popular tourist sites. Since they "live" in Hawaii they could just try again another day, right? They should have just named the vlog "A Really Boring Day" because that's kind of what it turned out to be.
A BUCKET 1+
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by A BUCKET 1+ »

First of all, did Kelsey only bring one top with her on vacation? And ironically,June has on the same dress again. Or, could it be they filmed one day and then cut the material into several days. Hummm... Secondly, can you say HIGH, at the end of today's vlog. They really are pitiful.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

A BUCKET 1+ wrote:First of all, did Kelsey only bring one top with her on vacation? And ironically,June has on the same dress again. Or, could it be they filmed one day and then cut the material into several days. Hummm... Secondly, can you say HIGH, at the end of today's vlog. They really are pitiful.
Yeah, I think a lot of the recent vlogs are using old footage to make "new" vlogs. Kelsey mentioned she had a bad morning in a vlog from 4 days ago (the gender vlog) and she appears to be at the same beach as the beach in today's "bad day" vlog. I think it was the same day, but they split up the footage to make it look like two totally different days.

All the sit down vlogs could have easily been filmed in one day and then split up over time.

I really want to know what they are fighting about!! I imagine Corbin isn't always fun to be around. He seems the type who would get road rage very easily. I'd also really love to know how he feels about living at Kelsey's mom's house for several months. Maybe he's having a mental breakdown over that?
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... 82738c.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201812 ... d3cfcc.jpg[/img]

Someone left a comment on today’s vlog. I’m surprised he left it. If his crappy answer doesn’t turn people off, I don’t know what will. What a self centered jerk.

They choose to put those minutes out there. It’s their choice. Of course it’s clickbait and he knows it.

I think they’ll be at her moms house longer than a few months. Serves him right

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So it _wasn't_ a "bad day" because they didn't get to swim with the dolphins (and interacting with marine mammals is a federal offense anyway)-- it was because of an argument that they didn't share for "personal reasons". But they title the vlog "A Really Bad Day". So what are we supposed to assume? He really doesn't think, does he? Of course people are going to think they are talking about the dolphins. Duh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

It's so annoying that vloggers jump to the defense of "you only see 5-10 minutes of our day" well stop being so freaking vague about stuff and leaving room for speculation?

These two are beyond lazy. It's obvious that they're not daily vlogging anymore. Corbin is desperately trying to cling to the brand he's created for them, they're just too freaking lazy to make it happen. Their filler chit-chats are really lame especially since they're in Hawaii. There is SO much they could be doing for great vlogs.

Edited to correct blogger to vlogger

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I hate the "5-10 minute" excuse. You choose what to show us. You film it, you edit it. If we get the wrong impression from what you intended then you're a shitty story teller.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Steps_to_STFU wrote:I hate the "5-10 minute" excuse. You choose what to show us. You film it, you edit it. If we get the wrong impression from what you intended then you're a shitty story teller.
This is exactly true. They use clickbait and hint at things and then get annoyed when people call them out on their BS. In the vlog they said they couldn't remember what the fight was about, but then in the comments Corbin said it was a personal issue and didn't want to get into it. If that's the case, how about DON'T MENTION IT AT ALL??!!

Were they arguing in front of June in the car? That would be pretty shitty. Corbin obviously has some rage issues, so I'd hope they don't fight in front of her.
lavenderlove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lavenderlove »

I think they are actually there as long as they said, BUT they probably don't do shit and sit around the house doing nothing most days. So that's why they're splicing clips together. It's so obvious. People are getting bored with them, hence their nonexistent views. They are so stupid! They could be doing SO much on this trip! No one cares about your snorkeling clips after already seeing the same things 17 times. There's gotta be a TON of stuff they could do. But no. They sit on their ass, play on their computers, and smoke a ton of weed, I'm sure. I can't stand them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

What can they afford to do in Hawaii if they have no money? Why did they even go? A free place is great, but only if you can afford to do the stuff worth vlogging. They are my oldest’s age. She is getting her PhD in English, I don’t know what she will do after grad school. She would not have gone if she did not have her schooling paid for by grants she has earned. I am proud of her accomplishments, but I can’t imagine their parents are proud of either Corbin or Kelsey.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:What can they afford to do in Hawaii if they have no money? Why did they even go? A free place is great, but only if you can afford to do the stuff worth vlogging. They are my oldest’s age. She is getting her PhD in English, I don’t know what she will do after grad school. She would not have gone if she did not have her schooling paid for by grants she has earned. I am proud of her accomplishments, but I can’t imagine their parents are proud of either Corbin or Kelsey.
There are quite a few things you can do on Maui for free or at least cheap.

- First of all, they've really not shown any of the towns on Maui at all. There are tons of things to see, eat and look at in all the little towns—especially in Old Lahaina. Did they even go there at all? Why not show a bit of a tour of some of the places they visited? Or maybe they didn't go to many places?
- There's the Maui Swap Meet and lots of farmers markets (I think they only went to the farmers market near the house they are staying at)
- The could have taken June to the toddler story times at the local library
- The Holiday Sugar Cane Train does cost a little bit of $$$, but at least they could have vlogged it for footage
- I really don't think they actually went to many different beaches. I think they stuck pretty close to the house
- Did they go to West Maui at all?
- They could have explored more restaurants and local food. Not all of the restaurants are super expensive. I think they ended up staying at the house or eating nearby most of the trip. I also couldn't believe they went to Pizza Hut!

Granted, they were staying somewhere you'd have to drive to everything, which is not really ideal. Being able to walk to the beach, shopping, restaurants, grocery store is a lot easier and more fun IMO. Driving and parking can be a pain. They also didn't have a pool, which would also kind of suck.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”