Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

sasha186
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Unread post by sasha186 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:27 am Are they really that naive? She’s still in the very early stages, she could miscarry. I’m not wishing it on them, but it does happen. The multiple comments of now we know were having a baby, no it doesn’t always work like that.
These two are just annoying.
Right? They kept saying that the second HCG test would tell them if the pregnancy was viable, which... no. That's not what it tells you. It only tells you that it's progressing.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Steps to Avoiding Responsibility - Part 5

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:
Shorty02 wrote:
lavenderlove wrote:I know I said I wouldn't watch it, but I only watched the few seconds of them pulling the balloons out because I was curious to see the family's reaction. By the way, none of them seemed all that excited or surprised. It was kind of a dull reaction.

Anyway, I realized it's not good for me to watch them. It's bringing out feelings of jealousy and I don't want that. I've said this many times, but it took us 5 years to have our daughter, who is 2 weeks older than June. Im not getting any younger, and I honestly have no clue if another kid is in our cards. I am absolutely beyond blessed by my daughter and feel privileged to be her mom. But it is still painful to know she might not get a sibling. It's freaking hard watching asshole people get what they want so easily, and flaunt it around as if they know what struggle is. It's not a side of me I'm proud of. I need to truly listen to my heart, and walk away from these people. They don't bring out the good in me.

To all of you still struggling with infertility and loss, tears are streaming down my face for you. I know the pain. I wish I could give you a hug. If you are feeling angry and jealous too, know you're not alone. Listen to your heart. If it's not healthy for you to follow them, don't click. They're truly not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I had to stop watching them when they started using infertility clickbait, and only came over here because I saw they were now pregnant.

In an hour, I have yet another appointment to be put on yet another round of Clomid. It’s tough, really tough, to see people like them get pregnant so easily, when I’ve never even seen a positive pregnancy test. They will never understand the pain of not knowing if you can even have kids, how dare they use something so heartbreaking for their own gain. They are horrible people.
I am so sorry you're going through all this. I hope you get your positive soon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thank you so much. It’s a difficult process to go through and I’m sorry to everyone else who has had to deal with infertility. There seems to be so many of us on here. Image
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Ok, so I've put together a little timeline.

On January 30, they posted the video of her getting the progesterone test, and they got the results a few days later. On February 28, they posted the video where they said she had a weird taste in her mouth. In today's video, they said that the same day she had the weird taste she had dinner with her mom, who told her to take a pregnancy test. They got a positive test that same day, and went for an ultrasound the next morning. The midwife advised them to go get an HCG and progesterone test that same day, but that it was a Friday, so they couldn't get their second HCG test until Monday. Based on this, I think that the day they got the initial HCG test was 2/22, meaning they were 6 days behind in their videos at that point.

If we assume that they post about a week behind, that means that she took the first "almost 0" progesterone test around January 23rd, and got her positive pregnancy test on February 21. It seems like she was very early at the ultrasound - probably about 5 weeks, meaning she ovulated the last week of January. That makes her at most 9 weeks today. They said in the video that the ultrasound they were about to have would be a dating ultrasound, and they weren't sure if they would see a heartbeat, so they might be even a week or so earlier than that (again, assuming that this video is on a delay).

They were pretty vague with the dates - they said multiple times that they thought they couldn't get pregnant because she had low progesterone, but clearly several weeks elapsed between when she had that test and when they got a positive pregnancy test, proving once again that they have no idea what progesterone is, how it works, or what low progesterone means.
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Shorty02 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 am
Steps_to_STFU wrote:
Shorty02 wrote:
I had to stop watching them when they started using infertility clickbait, and only came over here because I saw they were now pregnant.

In an hour, I have yet another appointment to be put on yet another round of Clomid. It’s tough, really tough, to see people like them get pregnant so easily, when I’ve never even seen a positive pregnancy test. They will never understand the pain of not knowing if you can even have kids, how dare they use something so heartbreaking for their own gain. They are horrible people.
I am so sorry you're going through all this. I hope you get your positive soon.

Thank you so much. It’s a difficult process to go through and I’m sorry to everyone else who has had to deal with infertility. There seems to be so many of us on here. Image
I'm sorry you're going through this, too - I had a successful round of clomid in December, and the waiting and the testing and the months of nothing happening are really hard. I hope this round is successful for you.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

sasha186 wrote:
Shorty02 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 am
Steps_to_STFU wrote:I am so sorry you're going through all this. I hope you get your positive soon.

I'm sorry you're going through this, too - I had a successful round of clomid in December, and the waiting and the testing and the months of nothing happening are really hard. I hope this round is successful for you.
Thank you, and congratulations! That’s so awesome!
MollyAnneDenver
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MollyAnneDenver »

Simply... I can't with them.
How do they make enough money to get by? This is what I want to know.

Pregnancy even the easiest cost money. I am having a normal pregnancy at the moment ( about 20 weeks along) but I know I will be spending about 3 - 5k with all the costs with good insurance. Even a midwife and birthing at home will cost somewhat similar.

But I will say this I am done watching them - I am not dealing with 30 more weeks of pregnancy click bait as they struggle to keep a dying channel alive.
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

If she were actually tracking her cycles like she said she has been, she would know exactly when she is due. More bullshit for the views.

I see comments are disabled again. They know people are angry with them for faking infertility and heavily insinuating she had a miscarriage. It's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

What kind of professional does not immediately put her on progesterone so as not to lose the baby? Also Corby does not forget to say “This is our pregnancy journey” Then subscribe to our channel! How about a please douche!
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

endof wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 am What kind of professional does not immediately put her on progesterone so as not to lose the baby? Also Corby does not forget to say “This is our pregnancy journey” Then subscribe to our channel! How about a please douche!
Well, as soon as they got the positive test they retested her progesterone and it was normal. Her low progesterone was clearly because she was in the first half of her cycle and hadn't ovulated yet, but it's clear that no one has explained that to them. It must be weird to be them and go through life having no idea what's going on.
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

spiralstatic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:21 am If she were actually tracking her cycles like she said she has been, she would know exactly when she is due. More bullshit for the views.

I see comments are disabled again. They know people are angry with them for faking infertility and heavily insinuating she had a miscarriage. It's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think it's pretty clear that she has no idea how to track her cycles. I suspect what she meant by that was that she knew when her last period was, or was using an app to track her cycles. Without adding additional data, such as ovulation tests, keeping track of your CM, BBT, or cervix softness, both of those methods of tracking are completely useless. Based on how little it seems like she knows about her own cycle/cycles in general, I doubt she was doing any of those things.
aniraKKarina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aniraKKarina »

They are so unbelievably stupid. Corbin goes : today we'll find out if we're for sure having a child.
Such an idiot. Hcg level going up in the beginning of a pregnancy IS what you want to see and it IS a good sign. But nothing is for sure. I just loathe these two and their entitlement.

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

GooseyLucy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GooseyLucy »

Kelsey is a TERRIBLE actress!! Today’s video was sheer nonsense!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It looks like they filmed today's video around when they first found out. We know they mess up the video timelines on purpose and this was likely pre-recored so Corbin could edit all medical the stuff in.

All the testing in that video was about three weeks ago, so I'm going to revise my guess that she's probably around 8 weeks now.

Kelsey is so freaking clueless, it's just mind-boggling how she manages to get through the day.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

To late to edit, but when they posted the February 28 video they totally KNEW she was already pregnant IRL. She even mentioned the metallic taste in her mouth in the February 26 video, so did she test that day and continue to lie in the vlogs??? Sounds like it.

And LOL! Corbin changed "cute couple" to just "couple" in the tags today. HI CORBY!!!!! ;)
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They kept referencing the previous low progesterone test and trying to make this sound more dramatic and high-risk. That test was from before she ovulated and before she was pregnant! It’s meaningless. The second test after she conceived came back normal. I completely agree that they have no idea how the female cycle works. The progesterone test never told her she “couldn’t get pregnant” like they keep repeating. It just told them she hadn’t ovulated yet that cycle, and ovulation testing would need to be done to know if she has anovulatory cycles. But one single progesterone test doesn’t tell you this. I can’t fathom what it’s like to go through life being that stupid. Or they are purposely playing dumb so they can exaggerate their "surprise" pregnancy and convince their gullible viewers that they somehow beat the odds.

The stress and drama of an early ultrasound and doing beta hCG is SO unnecessary. Kelsey should have been tracking ovulation if she has irregular cycles. Then she would have a strong estimate of when she ovulated and she could do one blood test and come in for a definitive ultrasound at the 8-week mark. I wonder if Kelsey hasn’t bothered to tell her midwife that she has long cycles, because the midwife clearly ordered the progesterone test based on an average 28-day cycle. Dragging it out for drama and leaving it up in the air is another example of how insensitive and tasteless they are. I bet they had a due date and had seen a heartbeat when they announced, but they can't come out and say that.
A BUCKET 1+
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by A BUCKET 1+ »

I'm wondering about the midwife...certainly she would have told them progesterone levels are tied to timing of a woman's cycle. This whole thing reeks of a bad "B" movie. Apparently, they think viewers are stupid, which, I suppose I am, because I keep watching the train wreck of laziness and stupidity. 🙄
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Did anyone else catch Corbin's excitement when he mentioned her mom thinks the metallic taste in Kelsey's mouth means she's having a boy? Jeez, what if this poor kid is actually a girl? I find it so odd that he's so open about his preference for having a boy. I definitely think he thinks men are superior to women. As much as he tries to give off the "Portland liberal hipster" vibe, he's a lapsed Mormon boy from super-conservative Idaho.

I'm guessing his parents will give them the money for the house addition now so they can do it over the summer. This baby is coming right around fall/winter, so they'll be stuck inside that TINY house—with a newborn and a toddler. Yikes! They definitely need the extra room.
endof
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by endof »

sasha186 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:38 am
endof wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 am What kind of professional does not immediately put her on progesterone so as not to lose the baby? Also Corby does not forget to say “This is our pregnancy journey” Then subscribe to our channel! How about a please douche!
Well, as soon as they got the positive test they retested her progesterone and it was normal. Her low progesterone was clearly because she was in the first half of her cycle and hadn't ovulated yet, but it's clear that no one has explained that to them. It must be weird to be them and go through life having no idea what's going on.
but didn’t she say she waited 2 days before she had answers
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Even Ellie and Jared knew they messed up with that Mother’s Day pregnancy announcement. They did one video to detail the month of their subsequent miscarriage and one video to detail their first month of pregnancy with their third. There wasn’t any of this “cliffhanger” wait to see the heartbeat or other such nonsense. Dragging out the announcement, the beta hCG, and the dating ultrasound in three videos when none of this is happening in real time is so tacky. But what did we expect? Of course they were going to exploit the pregnancy and the risk of miscarriage for views. They’re too stupid and lazy to come up with compelling content, so everything is milked in a desperate attempt at suspense. It's so insincere and transparent.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

A BUCKET 1+ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:41 am I'm wondering about the midwife...certainly she would have told them progesterone levels are tied to timing of a woman's cycle. This whole thing reeks of a bad "B" movie. Apparently, they think viewers are stupid, which, I suppose I am, because I keep watching the train wreck of laziness and stupidity. 🙄
Kelsey might have some sort of learning disability that makes it so she can't understand ANYTHING people tell her. I'm not even joking. She never remembers anything anyone tells her and she sort of comes off as an idiot. FFS, she's had a baby, but said she didn't even read the pregnancy test instructions this time—as if she usually does. Seriously? It's not rocket science.

It also took her about 6-7 years to graduate from college. I think she's just DUMB.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”