Steps to Wander

alyssadt
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by alyssadt »

westwuff wrote: I hope she goes to 42 weeks. Just because..
Yep, can you imagine if she had to be induced? And get an IV?!
She really needs to get over that fear. My six year old nephew didn't even cry when he had to get an IV
emilyk16
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by emilyk16 »

I don't think Kelsey will be able to handle a natural birth. She seems like a very nervous/high anxiety type of person who won't be able to handle that pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I wonder if Corbin runs Kelsey's social media too? She's posting on Twitter about being impatient and tired of being pregnant.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I wonder if Corbin runs Kelsey's social media too? She's posting on Twitter about being impatient and tired of being pregnant.
She's probably just sick of hearing him go on about how he "knows" she's going to be early... I heard once that dreams about babies are the opposite. If you dream about a boy, you'll have a girl; so, if you dream about going early, you'll be overdue Image

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

If they keep posting videos about her going into labor, im going to start praying that she goes over. While 38 weeks isnt that bad, it's still better for her to be in thete for at least another week.

Though i do want to see the shitshow that will be them inconvienced by a newborn. I think that will make their boring vlogs better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

usernamessuck wrote:If they keep posting videos about her going into labor, im going to start praying that she goes over. While 38 weeks isnt that bad, it's still better for her to be in thete for at least another week.

Though i do want to see the shitshow that will be them inconvienced by a newborn. I think that will make their boring vlogs better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Unless there's a miracle change in their way of doing things, it is going to be hilarious. Definitely schadenfreude for all their whining up until now. They think life has inconvenienced them so far? Wait until a tiny human is dependent on them for every need.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I wonder if Hello Fresh actually gets new subscribers from YT brand deals. I think it's an OK idea, but it's sort of expensive, you don't really control what they send and the minimum is three meals a week (for two people, so $60). It just doesn't seem worth it to me, but SO many YTers have done brand deals with them. One of this week's meals was a honey ginger glazed chicken - and I already have more than half the ingredients, so it would be a waste to spent $20 for things I already have.

I guess we are in for about 2-3 weeks of "BABY'S COMING RIGHT NOW" and related clickbait titles and a LOT more complaining.
Smileyface
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileyface »

Playsinrain wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:They need to shut up with this "getting labor started" and "I hope she goes into labor" soon nonsense when she's still two weeks away from her due date. I know channels experience a spike in views leading up to births and it's a money making opportunity to tease it out as much as possible, but they sound so immature and ridiculous, per usual.
I cannot stand this whole rush to get this baby out. She is obviously taking a page out of Missy's book. Good god.
yeah, like I get wanting to meet your baby as soon as possible but why on earth wouldn't you want it to fully develop first? lol
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder if Hello Fresh actually gets new subscribers from YT brand deals. I think it's an OK idea, but it's sort of expensive, you don't really control what they send and the minimum is three meals a week (for two people, so $60). It just doesn't seem worth it to me, but SO many YTers have done brand deals with them. One of this week's meals was a honey ginger glazed chicken - and I already have more than half the ingredients, so it would be a waste to spent $20 for things I already have.

I guess we are in for about 2-3 weeks of "BABY'S COMING RIGHT NOW" and related clickbait titles and a LOT more complaining.

They are sponsoring a ton of podcasters, too. For me, once I realize it's an ad I completely dismiss it, esp if it's over saturated. I wonder if many ppl are like me?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I speculated a few weeks ago that Corbin was working for a Portland religious non-profit based on the fact that a Corbin Scott was listed as their communications coordinator on their staff page. Corbin mentioned today that he was helping to implement a new design for his company's website and I noticed that this particular religious non profit has a new website. Hmm

If he's a part-time admin assistant for a 501c3, they are *really* putting all their eggs in the YouTube basket. I still think they're only making something around $1.5k to $3k monthly from YouTube, which would be a decent second income if Corbin had a higher paying job or they both worked. They'll definitely be making more on YouTube now that they're on "baby watch" but it will probably drop back down after the novelty wears off. I think they'll continue to get a bump from Missy appearances and her pushing viewers to their channel, but I don't think they put enough effort into their videos for people to stick around. They're either spending everything they earn and saving nothing, or they're on the Lannings payroll. Or some combination of the two.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

usernamessuck wrote: Though i do want to see the shitshow that will be them inconvienced by a newborn. I think that will make their boring vlogs better.
I can't even begin to imagine all the whiny cooing over Kelsey Corbin will do once the baby is born. "My love, you got up threeeeee tiiiimes last night. You are suuuuch a gooooood moooooooooom." And then he'll bring her lots of takeout from the food trucks and buy her appointments at the nail salon and the chiropractor and the hair stylist like every day.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:
usernamessuck wrote: Though i do want to see the shitshow that will be them inconvienced by a newborn. I think that will make their boring vlogs better.
I can't even begin to imagine all the whiny cooing over Kelsey Corbin will do once the baby is born. "My love, you got up threeeeee tiiiimes last night. You are suuuuch a gooooood moooooooooom." And then he'll bring her lots of takeout from the food trucks and buy her appointments at the nail salon and the chiropractor and the hair stylist like every day.
What is it with these guys and their whiny voices? Jeff is the same way. His normal conversation sounds like whining. And Bryan sounds whiny a lot of the time too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
This is so accurate. Perfect recap of every vlog they upload.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

That water bottle spill was 100% staged so they could use that stupid clickbait title. FFS, they are desperate!!
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

i really hope she goes overdue, even though i'm tired of all their clickbaits.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

valeryjackson wrote:i really hope she goes overdue, even though i'm tired of all their clickbaits.
It seems to be the sort of thing that makes adult viewers roll their eyes, but gets the child viewers all excited and engaged. So on some level they understand it's all about getting the kids to click on their videos, but then when they do a segment of "Corbin's crazy comments" where he makes fun of the comments section, they don't seem to get that the vast majority of the people interacting with them are kids. So those comments were probably left by 8 and 10 year olds. Of course they don't make any sense. He just looks daft to me for highlighting how immature their audience is.

I've noticed that they're starting to surpass Katie and Cullen in terms of comments and views per video. Of course Katie and Cullen have a huge archive of videos from the past however many years, so their monthly average is much higher.
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
valeryjackson wrote:i really hope she goes overdue, even though i'm tired of all their clickbaits.
It seems to be the sort of thing that makes adult viewers roll their eyes, but gets the child viewers all excited and engaged. So on some level they understand it's all about getting the kids to click on their videos, but then when they do a segment of "Corbin's crazy comments" where he makes fun of the comments section, they don't seem to get that the vast majority of the people interacting with them are kids. So those comments were probably left by 8 and 10 year olds. Of course they don't make any sense. He just looks daft to me for highlighting how immature their audience is.

I've noticed that they're starting to surpass Katie and Cullen in terms of comments and views per video. Of course Katie and Cullen have a huge archive of videos from the past however many years, so their monthly average is much higher.
yes but do kids really watch their videos? i understand them watching daily bumps becouse they are always buying ollie some toys or go to disneyland or something. But corbin and kelsey are not really that interesting.

Also kelsey thinks juniper is gonna be here this week.. we'll see. I don't think so.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

And this week she's questioning whether or not to allow the doctors to administer pitocin after delivery because it's not natural and she trusts her body to do what it's supposed to. The pitocin is a preventative measure to hopefully reduce the risk of hemorrhaging, and while it's great that she "trusts" innher body she needs to relax and realize that medicine has a place and a purpose. Hemorrhaging was and still is the most common complication and cause of maternal death in deliveries. Why does she feel like she knows better than all of the medical professionals. She annoys me with all of this.

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Steps to Wander

Unread post by kittypurry »

From what I'm reading here it sounds like she's expecting a homebirth experience in a hospital, and I have a feeling that even if the doctors do their best to accommodate her wishes, she's going to be upset with the experience for one reason or another. Have they ever given a specific reason why she isn't having a home birth? I would guess insurance/being in a rental, but I'm curious if they've actually addressed it. I have a feeling when she talks about the birth it will be titled "Traumatic Birth Story" and the trauma will be something like the doctor not doing delayed cord clamping. I think every mom should have their wishes honored if medically feasible, but Kelsey seems like she's going to melt down if everything isn't exactly the way she wants it, and she's just setting herself up for unnecessary stress.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”