Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Dallas_Snob
Talker
Talker

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Post by Dallas_Snob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:36 pm

ShudnaB3 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm
Her latest Instagram post actually makes me feel very sorry for her. 1) that she can't just own the fact that she is feeling herself these days and wants to post selfies, but always has to set it up as "teehee a child insisted on taking my photo/oh gosh I'm so shy/wow rare photo of me..." and 2) ...oh Chloe. Your kids WILL notice your flaws and failures and insecurities. Maybe they haven't yet, but she should also not discount the fact that kids who are allowing her to dress them alike and pose them like dolls COULD also be internalising her ocd-like tendencies and are being groomed to be people pleasers. OR they're just young enough to not notice their mums flaws. Either/or. It just shows how very early on in her parenting journey she still is, and how ill-prepared she is to deal with older, more aware kids.

AlsoIhatehercreepyfingernails.

She looks great and needs to be proud she put in the work to get where she is as far as fitness goes.

She also doesn’t need to feel bad for putting effort into her physical appearance. It’s fine to want to dress up for yourself or liking how you look with a nice haircut or a piercing or make-up.

Being a mom doesn’t mean you have to devout everything, including your body, to your child.

I hate this trend of martyr motherhood. She likes the way she looks and it’s ok to “feel yourself” and show that off.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 am

I think part of Chloe's issue with being proud of how she looks is because she admits the vast majority of her weight loss was due to extreme calorie limiting not working out. She admits she only recently began working out and I have a funny feeling it's because she began to stop losing weight. I bet part of her is afraid she will have to have this extremely restrictive diet forever in order to maintain that. Which is why I think they've had an increasingly strict diet over the past few years. First they went vegetarian then Vegan and then all oil\fat became evil these kids can't even have yummy [vegan] birthday cakes because Mummy is on a diet.

There is taking time for yourself as a human outside of motherhood & completely leaving the parenting and child raising to your SO while you try and re-live the late teens you decided to throw away by having 6 kids in 4 years.

Does she look good? Yes. Is this healthy? Probably not.
Emily81
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Emily81 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 am

Why can't she do her diet and let the children eat normally? They don't need to lose weight!

It's obvious that the children don't eat enough. It's ok to be vegan but, like whatever diet you choose, you need to know how to eat properly.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 am

Pearl at the very least could have truly benefitted from staying on toddler formula past 2 as she was a preemie and so very tiny. Sure she might not have been able to find a truly vegan one as usually D3 is the hang-up but sometimes needs of your children trump your ideals.

Even when she showed smooties she was giving them almond milk with 1g of protein a serving. Even avoiding soy there are plant milks that are comparable to soy\cow's milk is having around 8g of protein and more fat. She's oddly obsessed with Pearl's being tiny.
nineteenninety3
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by nineteenninety3 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Emily81 wrote:Why can't she do her diet and let the children eat normally? They don't need to lose weight!

It's obvious that the children don't eat enough. It's ok to be vegan but, like whatever diet you choose, you need to know how to eat properly.

I agree. The veganism isn't the problem, it's the fact they get tiny portions of food that just doesn't fill them up or meet all their nutritional needs. Yes, they eat better than a lot of kids, the amount of different veggies they have is wonderful, but vegetables are one small part of a healthy diet. They need fats too Chloe!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ShudnaB3
Informer
Informer

Post by ShudnaB3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:38 am

Haha sooo predictable, she got a tattoo (per Instagram stories)...as soon as she got her face piercings, oh I mean, "started wearing jewelry in her old piercings" I knew she was up for a new reinvention as tattooed, pierced, cool mum. :? And it's a... bee. Shrug.

And omg Chloe and this Ashleigh chick are giving me so much secondhand embarrassment with how much they need everyone to know they're friends!! The constant tagging, referencing each other, trying to look like each other... :? I was going to say most of us went through the "weeee besties!!!" stage when we were 13 buuuut that reminds me that this is just another milestone Chloe probably skipped because she was already with Ro then! A bit sad.
PigeonOfLondon
Talker
Talker

Post by PigeonOfLondon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 am

Just started watching them - what issue do they have with sending their kids to school?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Emily81
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Emily81 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 am

PigeonOfLondon wrote:Just started watching them - what issue do they have with sending their kids to school?

The kids are way above average. They're genius! Public school is not at their level

[Sarcasm]

melody01010
Talker
Talker

Post by melody01010 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 am

PigeonOfLondon wrote:Just started watching them - what issue do they have with sending their kids to school?

I think part of it is that Chloe didn't do well in school and was bullied, so she assumes all her kids will have a bad experience too. Her other reason was so they were free to travel at any time. Have they gone anywhere special? Nope.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:48 pm

She was bored and bullied and shrugged off education to start having kids really young and so she assumes all of her kids would have the same experience.
Spillthattea
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Spillthattea » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Am I wrong in remembering that Chloe used to bang on about how she wouldn't put the older 3 in jeans at the triplets age because they were too uncomfortable? Just saw on her Instagram that ALL of the kids wear jeans now lmao. I'm guessing her new cult mummy friend Taina is the influence, what with the added element of the white shirt. Yikes girl at least stand by your weird claims especially when you make such a public point of being holier than thou. 😂
ShudnaB3
Informer
Informer

Post by ShudnaB3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Spillthattea wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm
Am I wrong in remembering that Chloe used to bang on about how she wouldn't put the older 3 in jeans at the triplets age because they were too uncomfortable? Just saw on her Instagram that ALL of the kids wear jeans now lmao. I'm guessing her new cult mummy friend Taina is the influence, what with the added element of the white shirt. Yikes girl at least stand by your weird claims especially when you make such a public point of being holier than thou. 😂
You're not wrong, that used to be her comeback for when people would ask about their legging phase/bonds trackpants stage/weird uncomfortable rompers stage...she'd be all "ew jeans and trucks and dark colours so uncomfortable and sad!" and now she dresses them in uniforms of jeans and converse. Much like how she yelled a lot about the boys having long hair because they didn't ASK for haircuts and it would be CRUEL to alter their appearance without consent...but once they went short they all had to go short, nonverbal triplet boys included, except of course for princess pearl who needs to grow a Mummy and Me mane for Chloe.
Commonlove
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by Commonlove » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:45 am

I just can't watch her insta stories any more. Why would anyone go shopping barefoot?! :-O it's just gross. Do they even wash their feet when they come home?
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:45 am

She claims people in Australia just don't wear shoes.

Imagine all the bacteria that they pick up so gross. At the park is one thing but in a mall. She thinks she's so cool and the people around her probably think she's a bit crazy or on drugs.
PigeonOfLondon
Talker
Talker

Post by PigeonOfLondon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am

DoodleBop2 wrote:She claims people in Australia just don't wear shoes.

Imagine all the bacteria that they pick up so gross. At the park is one thing but in a mall. She thinks she's so cool and the people around her probably think she's a bit crazy or on drugs.
Let's hope none of those kids step on a needle. Don't know what Australian playgrounds are like but there's no way I'd let my child run around a playground here in England barefoot, considering the dodgy dealings that happen in a lot of them at night

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:34 am

PigeonOfLondon wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:39 am
DoodleBop2 wrote:She claims people in Australia just don't wear shoes.

Let's hope none of those kids step on a needle. Don't know what Australian playgrounds are like but there's no way I'd let my child run around a playground here in England barefoot, considering the dodgy dealings that happen in a lot of them at night

Apparently, she let her kids pick up part of a bong so they're probably just as bad.
ShudnaB3
Informer
Informer

Post by ShudnaB3 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:00 pm

I mean, I do feel like we're more casual about shoes here in Australia, but in my experience it's more like if you're at the beach you might wander into the shops without shoes, or maybe if the kids are coming back from swimming lessons and haven't bothered to put shoes on you might duck in to buy milk or whatever. Personally I had my kids keep a pair of thongs/flip-flops in the car to slip on though. But since these kids can only wear Converse now I guess it's more trouble than it's worth to put shoes on to just run into the store... though why you'd be wandering around Target with a trolley full of barefoot kids is a mystery to me.

Nice to see that even with having bffs Chloe is still as weird and awkward as ever when she thinks she's being fun...towards the end of the vlog she's talking to Ashley and says it's her first time seeing the baby not covered in "all that cheese...that glorious baby cheese...the only kind of cheese we like right?" Uh...? :?

I will stand corrected because at the time this other family's stories kind of sounded like the Dunstan's just rocked up to be fed dinner by a family with a new baby. But they did bring the pizza themselves, as well as a meal for the family later... though I am going to judge that because that little plastic container of "butter tofu" didn't look like enough for a family of one breastfeeding mum, a dad who actually does go to work and presumably comes home hungry, and three kids.
sezzajaydee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sezzajaydee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm

We wear shoes, I promise!

The beach thing, I guess it depends what part of Australia you’re from. No way would I even contemplate walking across the sand or road with no shoes on. I value the skin on my feet lol.
NotHateButUhh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Eh, if you live in the suburbs it's not uncommon at all for people to go to the supermarket with no shoes on. I see it all the time, and have done it myself (usually on a summer's night when I can't be bothered getting shoes on). Far less common if you're in a big shopping centre. People wear shoes in places like Target.
Bekkaz
Informer
Informer

Post by Bekkaz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 pm

Going barefeet is common in NZ and Aussie, I don't judge anyone on that at all. I've done it and my kids still regularly do it...less so now it's Summer but once Autumn starts up and until Winter comes, my kids will be sans shoes more often than with them.
Dallas_Snob
Talker
Talker

Post by Dallas_Snob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:23 am

Bekkaz wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:32 pm
Going barefeet is common in NZ and Aussie, I don't judge anyone on that at all. I've done it and my kids still regularly do it...less so now it's Summer but once Autumn starts up and until Winter comes, my kids will be sans shoes more often than with them.
That’s really interesting.

Only babies or non-walkers go barefooted and many stores and restaurants won’t allow people in without shoes.

It’s actually considered kind of trashy here to let your kids roam indoors barefoot.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:52 pm

I can't imagine walking around on questionably clean floors and ground with possible glass or rocks because it takes too long to put on shoes. Are your stores like super clean? Do you then walk in your house transferring the bacteria etc on to the floor of your home or do you wash your feet before coming in? I mean it's a not issue most of the year October to April here I'd get frostbite [Hello -47 with the polar vortex] and then June-mid-September the pavement is so hot it would burn my feet.
Bekkaz
Informer
Informer

Post by Bekkaz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:03 pm

People don't eat of the floor so not sure why a big concern about bacteria? Sure if you have a crawling baby it would be different.
Of course if you stood in something yuck, you'd give your feet a wash before coming in.
It's just so common here.
NotHateButUhh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:26 pm

I've just never been concerned about floor bacteria. Bacteria are on all surfaces and in the air so unless you're walking around with gloves and a respirator you're going to bring bacteria home. The floors are the one part of a shop that are actually cleaned regularly. Unless you're immunocompromised you're not going to get sick from your feet touching the floor. We wash our hands before we eat. Plus the vast majority of Australian households (aside from people with Asian heritage who wear slippers inside) have no rule about taking their shoes off at the front door. So whether the bacteria are on your bare feet or your shoes is irrelevant since both are going to enter your house.
NotHateButUhh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NotHateButUhh » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:33 pm

I'm glad Chloe got some low tables for the play room so the triplets can finally have a surface to do their puzzles or whatever else on that doesn't involve them being awkwardly perched on tall stools or office/desk chairs.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”