Chloe and Beans | Part 8

sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chloe and Beans | Part 8

Post by sezzajaydee »

I’m Australian and it’s not offensive lol.
The oldest one speaks slowly but one of the other non triplet boys was speaking exceptionally slow at times. Pearl too, to a lesser extent.

Speaking of speech. I can’t get over how well the 2 younger boys are speaking now. Daycare has done wonders for them.
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans | Part 8

Post by KiwiMama »

I feel bad saying it, but holy... Chloe and Ro really DON'T make cute babies
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lyanna »

I haven't watch them for probably 2 years and the kids are still speaking and acting the same way, except Rufus and Henry who made big improvements in their speeches.
Evan still sounds smart but Otto sounds babyish. Felix speaks exactly the same as when he was 3. Given how bright Evan and Otto were back in the days, they should be way more advanced now... and they would be if they were in SCHOOL and not stuck at home all day long with boring Chloe and Ro and younger siblings.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by DoodleBop2 »

Evan & Otto do not seem their age. She goes on and on about them reading independently. I think the reason the words haven't made their way into their everyday language is they don't know how to pronounce them. I had that issue when I was a kid I'd read a word because I loved to read and my high school drop out parents couldn't help. They also are either not corrected when they speak like that OR they had trouble remembering their lines and they'd all been prepared for the vlog before hand and couldn't re-shoot their first reaction.
Dallas_Snob
Talker
Talker

Post by Dallas_Snob »

KiwiMama wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:14 am I feel bad saying it, but holy... Chloe and Ro really DON'T make cute babies
Babies or kids?

Most newborns aren’t particularly cute. However I think all of their kids are pretty cute. Especially Otto and Henry.
futureccl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by futureccl »

for whoever said they could just send the kids to an alternative school, I just had a quick look at perth steiner school's fees and I guess Chloe and Ro wouldn't be able to afford 7000 dollars a year per child, what with the fact they now have 6 school age children (that's 40 grands a year!). I still think it's also Chloe's anxiety and need to control that keeps those kids at home, which is so unfortunate because I totally agree, they would still be advanced had they been in school all this time.

I also agree with the fact that their speech is the way it is because they don't get corrected or even talked to like big kids. Chloe has the sloweeeest quite voice which is great to put babies to bed but not ideal to stimulate a child's intellect. I have not heard Ro talk that much but e doesn't strike me as super articulate. I lived in Australia for a year and sure, some people had strong accent I didn't fully understand, but I never noticed them being slow.
Snap2it
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Snap2it »

futureccl wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:43 am for whoever said they could just send the kids to an alternative school, I just had a quick look at perth steiner school's fees and I guess Chloe and Ro wouldn't be able to afford 7000 dollars a year per child, what with the fact they now have 6 school age children (that's 40 grands a year!). I still think it's also Chloe's anxiety and need to control that keeps those kids at home, which is so unfortunate because I totally agree, they would still be advanced had they been in school all this time.

I also agree with the fact that their speech is the way it is because they don't get corrected or even talked to like big kids. Chloe has the sloweeeest quite voice which is great to put babies to bed but not ideal to stimulate a child's intellect. I have not heard Ro talk that much but e doesn't strike me as super articulate. I lived in Australia for a year and sure, some people had strong accent I didn't fully understand, but I never noticed them being slow.
That was me who said that about the schools. I completely forgot how expensive they are, in line with a private school. Not sure if it's like private school and you get a discount for the more kids that you have going to the school.

To me it sounds like Chloe tries to soften her accent when she talks to the camera. As for Ro, I only hear him mutter a few words. He strikes me as a very quiet introvert person.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lyanna »

Back when the triplets were little and Chloe used to film days in the life (and show her kids almost naked and wet in towels), we all saw how they couldn't get their day started before 11 AM. They were a hot mess. I'm convinced this is also part of why the kids don't go to school... there's just no way in a million years that Chloe could get them all ready and by the door in time 5 days a week.
sadasfuck
Talker
Talker

Post by sadasfuck »

Lyanna wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:57 am Back when the triplets were little and Chloe used to film days in the life (and show her kids almost naked and wet in towels), we all saw how they couldn't get their day started before 11 AM. They were a hot mess. I'm convinced this is also part of why the kids don't go to school... there's just no way in a million years that Chloe could get them all ready and by the door in time 5 days a week.
I remember that one long day in the life video she did on her personal channel. They would have to wake up at like 5am to get all of them ready and out the door, but they could never.

Also, speaking of her showing them naked in towels, I remember this one vlog from a while ago where she was showing us Felix wearing his new underwear (around the time he was potty training) and showed like a close up of his private part, like wtf ?? Like why would you film and post that. She also used to vlog/take pictures of Felix sitting on his toilet. Some of these youtube moms just post too much private stuff, like imagine Felix seeing that when he gets older...
And also, there's A LOT of not-so-nice people possibly watching these videos/looking through her insta.... if you know what I mean.
Commonlove
Talker
Talker

Post by Commonlove »

Just thinking.. My kid is Evan's age. I'm not the one to put kids in multiple activities, but she still has two hobbies, each once a week. She goes to school and "daycare" after school, idk what's that called in English but kids can stay there at school while parents are working. She has friends over multiple times a week. Yesterday she had a sleepover at our neigbour's.

These are perfectly normal, everyday things for 8-year-olds. I don't consider our life as very active because I'm super introverted. But I'm glad my kid has friends and she gets to enjoy socializing. When do Chloe's kids ever get to do anything? They have spent their whole lives at home with their family. They used to go to park and that science place but Idk if they do that anymore. They have zero friends, no hobbies. No school. They receive very little education because everyone can see Chloe and Ro are not capable of teaching. I mean homeschooling six kids would be tough for anyone and since they have no education themselves, there really is no hope for the children. Kids Evan's and Otto's age should know way more than reading books and basic maths. They should have some knowledge of the outside world.

Their life seems extremely isolated and it's just sad. It's ok to be an introverted parent but it shouldn't affect your kids that much. You can already see how babyish they seem.
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

Post by KiwiMama »

Dallas_Snob wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 pm
KiwiMama wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:14 am I feel bad saying it, but holy... Chloe and Ro really DON'T make cute babies
Babies or kids?

Most newborns aren’t particularly cute. However I think all of their kids are pretty cute. Especially Otto and Henry.
I haven't found her children cute at any age. They all just look so hollow and tired once they hit a certain age, dead eyes, mouth breathing, baby talk
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Haulnarse »

Commonlove wrote:Just thinking.. My kid is Evan's age. I'm not the one to put kids in multiple activities, but she still has two hobbies, each once a week. She goes to school and "daycare" after school, idk what's that called in English but kids can stay there at school while parents are working. She has friends over multiple times a week. Yesterday she had a sleepover at our neigbour's.

These are perfectly normal, everyday things for 8-year-olds. I don't consider our life as very active because I'm super introverted. But I'm glad my kid has friends and she gets to enjoy socializing. When do Chloe's kids ever get to do anything? They have spent their whole lives at home with their family. They used to go to park and that science place but Idk if they do that anymore. They have zero friends, no hobbies. No school. They receive very little education because everyone can see Chloe and Ro are not capable of teaching. I mean homeschooling six kids would be tough for anyone and since they have no education themselves, there really is no hope for the children. Kids Evan's and Otto's age should know way more than reading books and basic maths. They should have some knowledge of the outside world.

Their life seems extremely isolated and it's just sad. It's ok to be an introverted parent but it shouldn't affect your kids that much. You can already see how babyish they seem.
Agree. At 8yrs old my son would have been playing soccer in winter, he was a Cub (part of Scouts), he swam and played touch rugby in the summer. he also mountain biked every spare minute he had. We also always had extra kids in our house (cousins, friends, his sisters friends, etc)

My daughter at 9 does competition gymnastics, netball, athletics, swimming, art and still manages a social life that rivals my own! Image

Its not just the activities and experiences these kids are missing out on - its the social interactions. With other kids, adults, elders, people in roles that command respect (teachers, coaches, tutors, grandparents).

See the family photos, in beige. Image

Chloe is either beige and grey or full blown rainbow spew. No in between!!
sunnysunflower
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunnysunflower »

Haulnarse wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:19 pm
Commonlove wrote:Just thinking.. My kid is Evan's age. I'm not the one to put kids in multiple activities, but she still has two hobbies, each once a week. She goes to school and "daycare" after school, idk what's that called in English but kids can stay there at school while parents are working. She has friends over multiple times a week. Yesterday she had a sleepover at our neigbour's.

Agree. At 8yrs old my son would have been playing soccer in winter, he was a Cub (part of Scouts), he swam and played touch rugby in the summer. he also mountain biked every spare minute he had. We also always had extra kids in our house (cousins, friends, his sisters friends, etc)

My daughter at 9 does competition gymnastics, netball, athletics, swimming, art and still manages a social life that rivals my own! Image

Its not just the activities and experiences these kids are missing out on - its the social interactions. With other kids, adults, elders, people in roles that command respect (teachers, coaches, tutors, grandparents).

Gee, your kid has too many activities for any age. When does she have the time for school, homework, and to relax and just be a child between all the things she does? I find 4 sport activities very excessive. Maybe that's just me and where I come from, since here in my country it's definitely not normal to have more than 2 sport activities. I don't know where you come from but I have a hunch that you're from the US.

I definitely agree that they're missing out on so many social interactions and experiences since siblings are not enough for that. I can imagine that as adults they won't crave any socializing like their parents since that's all they're used to.

I actually liked the beige family photos. Seemed very down-to-earth and calm.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sezzajaydee »

sunnysunflower wrote:

Gee, your kid has too many activities for any age. When does she have the time for school, homework, and to relax and just be a child between all the things she does? I find 4 sport activities very excessive. Maybe that's just me and where I come from, since here in my country it's definitely not normal to have more than 2 sport activities. I don't know where you come from but I have a hunch that you're from the US.

I definitely agree that they're missing out on so many social interactions and experiences since siblings are not enough for that. I can imagine that as adults they won't crave any socializing like their parents since that's all they're used to.

The kid in question isn’t mine so I can’t say for sure.
But those activities wouldn’t be every single day. They’d be spaced out over a week. Possibly 2.
sunnysunflower
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunnysunflower »

sezzajaydee wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:29 am
sunnysunflower wrote:

But those activities wouldn’t be every single day. They’d be spaced out over a week. Possibly 2.
Obviously they wouldn't be on a single day but even spaced out over one week, would be too much.

Monday: School, competition gymnastics, homework, playtime

Tuesday: School, netball, homework, playtime

Wednesday: School, homework, art, playtime

Thursday: School, netball, homework, playtime

Friday: School, athletics, homework, playtime

Saturday: Competition for gymnastics, playtime

Sunday: Swimming, play date

But let's imagine, that it happens over two weeks instead of one, then still the kid would only have 2-3 days where possible nothing, no commitments, would happen (excluding school). I think it's too much.

Maybe those activities happen in different seasons (like summer/winter) and she gets to have 3-4 days of no commitments. But that also doesn't sit right with me, to have all your year planned out like that.

Imo, the child has no real free time and possibly no care free childhood. I wouldn't want a childhood for my children nor myself with all those commitments since as adults there will be plenty of those.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Haulnarse »

Lol sorry my kid is too sporty for your liking!

For the record our school year is set out into four terms, so most sports/activities are only for one ten 10 week term. Not all year round and only one 1-2hr block a week per thing

Gymnastics is twice a week for a total of four hours. The rest are 30-60 minute blocks that last a max of 10 weeks.

They also dont have set homework, but choose to read before bed each night.

Currently my daughter only has gymnastics twice a week in the lead up to christmas. Another kid only has futsal, another does crossfit. One activity this term for ten weeks. We pick up swimming for two terms a year, netball is one term, soccer (including representative grade) is roughly two terms.

Personally id rather my kids be busy in activities vs on devices and screen time. We are still home and had tea by 6-630 every night and they are in bed at a decent time too.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Haulnarse »

Not in the US either
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Post by Tulip24 »

sunnysunflower wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 am
sunnysunflower wrote:

Obviously they wouldn't be on a single day but even spaced out over one week, would be too much.

But let's imagine, that it happens over two weeks instead of one, then still the kid would only have 2-3 days where possible nothing, no commitments, would happen (excluding school). I think it's too much.

Maybe those activities happen in different seasons (like summer/winter) and she gets to have 3-4 days of no commitments. But that also doesn't sit right with me, to have all your year planned out like that.

Imo, the child has no real free time and possibly no care free childhood. I wouldn't want a childhood for my children nor myself with all those commitments since as adults there will be plenty of those.
If the children are happy combining their sports, extra curricular activities with their school work then it shouldn’t be a problem. Kids really have no concept of time and time commitments unlike us adults who run everything to a schedule, to them it’s fun and a way to be amongst friends after school. It’s good for children to socialise with other kids their age who are not siblings, to learn respect and discipline from their coaches, and to acquire new skills which help set them up in later life. IMO I see nothing wrong with any of that as long as the child is happy and coping, I’m sure Haulnarse knows her children better than you and would stop if necessary.

Chloes kids get nothing other than the four walls of their house or a few hours at homeschooling, spending their waking hours with just siblings, having minimal education, no sleepovers, no birthday parties etc. I think that is far more damaging than enrolling your children in seasonal after school activities.
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chloe and Beans | Part 8

Post by sezzajaydee »

sunnysunflower wrote:
sunnysunflower wrote:

Have you never done an after school activity?
Because kids can most definitely have fun, socialise and be a child during all of those activities. Some of my best memories are running around on the soccer field with my friends after school and on the weekend. Unless she’s prepping for the olympics, it’s not as full on as you’re imagining.

To keep it Chloe orientated. Her kids could easily do an activity after school. Heck even during school hours. But they never seem to go anywhere but the park and science museum. Even then it’s not with other families. It’s just with their siblings.
sunnysunflower
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunnysunflower »

Haulnarse wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 pm Lol sorry my kid is too sporty for your liking!

For the record our school year is set out into four terms, so most sports/activities are only for one ten 10 week term. Not all year round and only one 1-2hr block a week per thing Image

Gymnastics is twice a week for a total of four hours. The rest are 30-60 minute blocks that last a max of 10 weeks.

They also dont have set homework, but choose to read before bed each night.

Currently my daughter only has gymnastics twice a week in the lead up to christmas. Another kid only has futsal, another does crossfit. One activity this term for ten weeks. We pick up swimming for two terms a year, netball is one term, soccer (including representative grade) is roughly two terms.

Personally id rather my kids be busy in activities vs on devices and screen time. We are still home and had tea by 6-630 every night and they are in bed at a decent time too.
Oh okay if they all don't happen at the same time, then it's fine to me. In my country, you usually do the sport activities the whole year for many years and it's not term-based. Of course, there are also courses you can take with a set number of classes but it's not usual in team sport. So having to have to juggle 4 sport activities at all times would have been too much.

But your kids do it one/two at a time, then it doesn't sound as stressful. Never heard it that way but it just shows how different each country is.
sunnysunflower
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunnysunflower »

sezzajaydee wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 pm
sunnysunflower wrote:

Have you never done an after school activity?
Because kids can most definitely have fun, socialise and be a child during all of those activities. Some of my best memories are running around on the soccer field with my friends after school and on the weekend. Unless she’s prepping for the olympics, it’s not as full on as you’re imagining.

To keep it Chloe orientated. Her kids could easily do an activity after school. Heck even during school hours. But they never seem to go anywhere but the park and science museum. Even then it’s not with other families. It’s just with their siblings.
Sure, I had plenty of activities as a child. I went to an after school program few times a week where I played with my friends and did cool projects. As an older child I did athletics, my brother had soccer and my sister did swimming. But most of my socializing happened outside playing with my friends. We were lots of kids and played like in Hey Arnold! but with lots more green spaces. Hella fun.

Yeah, definitely agree with the Chloe thing. Her kids don't socialize enough. I mean they apparently go to a "homeschool pokemon club" once in a while but I don't think that is enough. They used to do gymnastics but I haven't heard about it in a while. But either way, I don't think it's a good idea that all her children do the same activities. They never get the chance to properly interact with other children. It's like going somewhere with a group, you rarely interact with people outside your own group. Same principle.
Snap2it
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Snap2it »

I quite like family photos. At first I wasn't sure on everyone in beige, but it works.

As for the kids and extra curricular activities. I just don't think they have the time for all of them. With Ro being the only driver, you also need a parent to stay at some sports.

I think in one vlog Chloe said that they do meet up with the other home school kids, they just don't film everything.
sadasfuck
Talker
Talker

Post by sadasfuck »

I know the kids, particularly Evan and Otto, have been in a few activities over the years. They were in gymnastics about 4 years ago, Evan played soccer for a couple weeks, I think Evan and Otto played tennis a little? And then I think they've done parkour also, but not for a super long time. So Chloe and Ro have tried to put their kids (again, mainly Evan and Otto) in activities, however, it's been years since they've done any and the kids only stayed in the activities for a few weeks tops. What the hell does that teach them about commitment? Like they can just do something until they just don't feel like it anymore?
sunnysunflower
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sunnysunflower »

I don't know if you know Ellen Fisher but her sister Hannah just had her first baby. His name is Cosmo Valentine.

Is the name somehow getting more popular or how come two more "well-known" people named their sons that way so close to each other?

In the US, "[t]here are fewer than 1,664 people [...] with the first name Cosmo."
futureccl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by futureccl »

sunnysunflower wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 am I don't know if you know Ellen Fisher but her sister Hannah just had her first baby. His name is Cosmo Valentine.

Is the name somehow getting more popular or how come two more "well-known" people named their sons that way so close to each other?

In the US, "[t]here are fewer than 1,664 people [...] with the first name Cosmo."

My friend from australia had a crush named cosmo who must have been born in the late 80's. To me it's really not that weird because it's Italian in origin and very similar to the name Cosimo. I knew a bunch of Cosimo's and one Cosima growing up (not a popular name but not unheard of either is what I'm saying).

Apparently it's still more popular than rufus in australia, and pretty popular in places like brazil. I would say it's one of those name you'll hear if you hang out in steiner schools or hipster circles but probably not in a regular play park. Maybe try hard is the right word!

Return to “Chloe and Beans”