Thanks Doodlebop!
Berry_2
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: The 5 Tries And The Girl - Part 6

Unread post by Berry_2 »

She blocked and deleted me for LIKING a comment suggesting that the posters were too high up.

I haven't watched the vlogs in forever. I can't watch those children being raised like that anymore.... it's sad. My daughter started kindergarten this year. Evan was quite ahead of her with literacy and mathematics and now she is light years in front of him in all areas of development.

Their vlogs used to be an insight into family life with 6 children. Now they're literally living a vlog.

Most children, even from infancy, have distinct likes and interests and personal belongings and individuality. This family is void of personality. They look colourful and vibrant in their rainbow colours but they are so BEIGE!!
leofan33
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by leofan33 »

Berry_2 wrote:She blocked and deleted me for LIKING a comment suggesting that the posters were too high up.

I haven't watched the vlogs in forever. I can't watch those children being raised like that anymore.... it's sad. My daughter started kindergarten this year. Evan was quite ahead of her with literacy and mathematics and now she is light years in front of him in all areas of development.

Their vlogs used to be an insight into family life with 6 children. Now they're literally living a vlog.

Most children, even from infancy, have distinct likes and interests and personal belongings and individuality. This family is void of personality. They look colourful and vibrant in their rainbow colours but they are so BEIGE!!
This!
Then again how are the kids supposed to develop any kind of personality ?
Their rooms look like they were taken out of an orphanage, no curtains, not even a clock, or a poster or a carpet, they all have the same bedding, wear the same pyjamas, even their toys are all matching. I remember once when Even had this green Yoshi he was absolutely obsessed with, probably because for the first time ever it was something that only belonged to him, then two days later chloe bought the exact same ones for Otto and Felix.
Same with the clothes. they dont even have their own closet in their rooms because then they would probably pick out their own outfits. Which is probably a nightmare for control freak Chloe because god forbid they could develop their own styles and not match their siblings anymore.
Same with the friends thing. None of them has a friend. Not a single friend. I dont think I need to add anything to that sad satement.
No way these kids could develop any sense of self
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

:D

She can throw money away on stupid overalls that look too short for the big boys but can't get glasses to fit Otto? I have trouble believing they don't have glasses in all colors that fit him.
Suzannn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Suzannn »

You should've thought about having a slower life before having so many kids back to back, Chloe. Maybe send the kids to school? Maybe you should've waited a little before having even more kids? Or maybe don't go to the shops so often? Just some random ideas ...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... c6018a.jpg[/img]
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

lol, look, I'm sure it's very busy having six kids including hard triplets, as Chloe reminds us, but if their lives were any slower their vlog would literally be like watching paint dry!

In the new year i'm interested to see if they ever start taking Japanese lessons or doing gymnastics again. And I'd really like to see them leave the older boys with this trusted babysitter they now have in the wings and take the triplets somewhere!
Hilly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Hilly »

One thing I learnt from is chloe is to parent the oposiate way

I hate how of a control freak she is, how she doesnt allow her kids to breath or do anything on their own
All their thoughts/prefrences/likes are controled by her

All her kids are disgusted by the idea of eating a dead animal ... the trips can barely talk ...hmmm

I dont eat animals but I dont label myself anything and I have nothing against people who do and many people around me dont even know .. the only ones who know are the friends I go out to eat with ...

She doesnt allow them to think differently or have an opinion it is scary how much she doesnt allow them to live a life that many kids their age enjoys
They are not allowed to go to school or socialize with kids their age or to wear whatever they want
Cutting their hair was such a huge deal
Her husband always looks scared of her
I wonder how she acts off camera

I wish her kids get to experience things away from their siblings and parents (like school) so they can develop a seperare personality and can develop opnions that are not controlled by chloe

Sorry my english is not good
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

I also wonder what she is like off camera, considering she is such a narcissistic control freak I reckon she would be hell to live with.

Someone on one of her vlogs said that Chloe and Ro should be nominated for parents of the year. I have never laughed so hard, those poor kids have no idea how much of a crap life their parents have bestowed on them. :-o

Chloe didn’t have kids so they could develop individual personalities, she had them because she thought it was a good idea at the time.
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

Does anyone know how old Chloe and Ro are? Sometimes they parent like god damn children so I'm just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

ytdramaqueen wrote:Does anyone know how old Chloe and Ro are? Sometimes they parent like god damn children so I'm just wondering.

She’s about 24/25 and Ro is 27/28 (maybe 29 I don’t think so though)
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought Ro was 28 on his last birthday.

They're lives are pretty routine for six kids. This is what having several small children is lots of meals, snacks, cleaning, diaper changes, naps, toys everywhere, laundry...get up and do it again the next day. If they didn't go to the science center etc how boring would things be for the kids.
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all have a great 2018. :)
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

Re Chloe's end of the year instagram post...guys, she's just so sure of herself and passionate now! No uncertainty, no sirree! I guess this can be translated as, "I used to think I knew everything, but now I KNOW I know everything." because when has she ever had a modicum of humility or uncertainty?! Anyway, I guess a smug farewell to the year is only fitting.

Oh and I skipped ahead in today's vlog just to see what Chloe was actually admitting was expensive...magnatiles. Mere days after Christmas and they go on a trek to buy a $100 set someone was selling. Chloe (over)explains, while repeatedly tugging at her shirt, that they're to go with the $150 set they bought last Christmas (but there's not enough and the kids fight over them) and the sets of cheap Kmart ones (but the precious beans still prefer the expensive ones). Seriously, these kids are going to be such spoiled brats and will not know how to cope when the vlog money dries up! Good luck teaching already entitled Evan that even though he was showered with video games, Lego, a fitness tracker, bike, weird expensive clothing, etc before he was even 5 that he can't have whatever's trendy and coooool and expensive when he's 10...

Btw I feel the need to clarify that all of these toys and things are cool and many of us buy them for our own kids for gifts...what gets me is how they just buy things constantly! There's no delayed gratification, excitement over a much wanted toy given as a birthday gift, or taking special care of a favourite item (even when Pearl bonded with her bunny and Care Bear Chloe's instinct is to buy MORE care Bears, MORE bunnies...after already letting her take the boys bunnies.) just more, more, more.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

These kids get stuff nearly every vlog. They're constantly at the shops.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Those damn bunnies really annoy me. How many of the things can one child play with for goodness sake?
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

Chloe’s motto: when in doubt, you just need more.

Don’t know what to do with your baby? Have more!
Have too many Christmas ornaments? Buy more Christmas trees!
Your kid likes her stuffed bunny? Buy more!
Your kids fight over toys? Buy more!
Baby just ate 8 bananas in 30 seconds? Give him more!

Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

ShudnaB3 wrote:Re Chloe's end of the year instagram post...guys, she's just so sure of herself and passionate now! No uncertainty, no sirree! I guess this can be translated as, "I used to think I knew everything, but now I KNOW I know everything." because when has she ever had a modicum of humility or uncertainty?! Anyway, I guess a smug farewell to the year is only fitting.

Oh and I skipped ahead in today's vlog just to see what Chloe was actually admitting was expensive...magnatiles. Mere days after Christmas and they go on a trek to buy a $100 set someone was selling. Chloe (over)explains, while repeatedly tugging at her shirt, that they're to go with the $150 set they bought last Christmas (but there's not enough and the kids fight over them) and the sets of cheap Kmart ones (but the precious beans still prefer the expensive ones). Seriously, these kids are going to be such spoiled brats and will not know how to cope when the vlog money dries up! Good luck teaching already entitled Evan that even though he was showered with video games, Lego, a fitness tracker, bike, weird expensive clothing, etc before he was even 5 that he can't have whatever's trendy and coooool and expensive when he's 10...

Btw I feel the need to clarify that all of these toys and things are cool and many of us buy them for our own kids for gifts...what gets me is how they just buy things constantly! There's no delayed gratification, excitement over a much wanted toy given as a birthday gift, or taking special care of a favourite item (even when Pearl bonded with her bunny and Care Bear Chloe's instinct is to buy MORE care Bears, MORE bunnies...after already letting her take the boys bunnies.) just more, more, more.
I think the vlog money is already drying up considering the changes to monetizing and her large drop in views. Her family is so boring and predictable, her subscribers must wear blinkers if they think her channel is remotely interesting.

There is no gratification from those kids nor are there any manners. I work with a bunch of young 20 something’s and they have some of the worst manners around. They are know it alls, have no manners, patience or empathy, so I can imagine this is how the Dunstans will be when they are older.
Ps I’m not grouping all young adults in the same bracket, just some :)

Btw I’ve also wondered what Chloe will tell Pearl when she is older, about how young Mummy was (14years) when she was “mucking”around with an older man (18 years) whilst drinking alcohol. That will be an interesting conversation as I’m sure we all know what “mucking around” translates to :-o
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

When the money dries up will Ro and Chloe be willing to work outside the home? How will the children respond to suddenly having to go to school, follow rules, not get new things nearly every time they leave the house.
notinthemood
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notinthemood »

It bothers me that she's labelling themselves Montessori.
They don't help with making meals, hanging out laundry or cleaning. They don't even get to put their own socks or underwear on. There are stair gates where there aren't even stairs. They don't even tidy up their own toys!
Yet if they actually were encouraged to do those things it'd make her and Ro's life 10x easier.
Gryffindor1994

Unread post by Gryffindor1994 »

Hey guys, I’m new here! I’ve been watching this familiy’s vlogs for a few weeks now and I came accross this site (after Googling them because I wanted to know more) and have been lurking here for a few days. I agree with most of what I’ve read on these forums. However, I disagree that these kids are spoiled (or that it’s a bad thing). From personal experience, my parents spoiled my sister and I like crazy on Christmas (even now, at 23 years old!) and buy us things throughout the year as well. We also only got one “shared” present at Christmas (I do give Chloe props for getting a lot of shared gifts) when we were younger (now we don’t get any shared gifts). I got some educational gifts which I LOVED (my mom’s an engineer so that’s expected lol), but most gifts were dolls, legos and video games. I was / am insanely spoiled, but I consider myself a well-adjusted adult. I am selfless, educated, considerate of others, and very appreciative of everything my parents do for us. I donate to charities and volunteer at a children’s hospital. So, I don’t think that the amount of “stuff” a parent buys a child determines how the child will turn out as an adult.

That being said, I STRONGLY disagree with the eduction these kids are getting. I’m also really confused. It seems like Australia’s home education requirements are very lax? I know that where I live (Ontario, Canada), home school requirements are extrmely strict. Home educators MUST follow the Ontario curriculum. It seems like these kids just choose what they want to learn? What happens when / if they do enter a normal classroom? How far behind will they be? I do agree that children learn better when they are interested in a subject, but there are other ways to go about that. Maybe finding which subject they enjoy the most and focus their after-school activities on that subject? The homeschooling just kind of concerns me.

I also have no problem with the whole vegan thing (to each their own!), but some of the comments she makes about being vegan are just not right. She should not make us (or her children) feel guilty for eating meat. I also hope she’s consulting some sort of paediatric dietician for the kids.

I was also absolutely shocked to find out that Chloe is 24/25 years old... only a year or two older than myself! Six kids at that age?! I honestly don’t think I would be able to raise one at my age. Then again, she’s not busy with post-secondary education (nothing wrong with that!) but that fact shocked me.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”