Chloe and Beans: The 5 Tries And The Girl - Part 6

KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: The 5 Tries And The Girl - Part 6

Unread post by KiwiMama »

Ahahahahahahahaha

That description of themselves, cool and open minded vision? Refreshing attitude, COOL VIBE? Wtf
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

Iiiinteresting. Also laughed at "open minded". Whut?!

Just personal preference here but I really dislike the drawings of the kids for their site. They had better fan art drawn for them and that's saying something!
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

Also genuinely interested in what they'll put in the activities section of their website. The one time they made play dough and it turned out sticky and weird but Chloe still recommended doing it just like them? Making sushi? Other forms of playing with their food? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
notinthemood
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notinthemood »

I don't get it. They talk about how they are *soooo busy* and tired, and now they're going to somehow find the time to package and ship orders on time?
I have one kid and I struggle to even sell something on eBay.
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

notinthemood wrote:I don't get it. They talk about how they are *soooo busy* and tired, and now they're going to somehow find the time to package and ship orders on time?
I have one kid and I struggle to even sell something on eBay.
That’s what I can’t figure out either, because didn’t they reduce their YT videos because they were so damn busy looking after the hard, hard triplets.

Also I wonder how they will manage packaging their orders with their unruly and undisciplined kids, I can see so much going wrong with this little adventure. Can’t wait to see how she manages negative feedback and customer demands :-o
cocogogo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cocogogo »

123789s wrote:She took the bit out of the intro that had her and Ro in it.
I'm catching up so this may have already been answered. But where did she remove them from the intro? I've just looked back and they haven't in any recent vlogs.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

cocogogo wrote:
123789s wrote:She took the bit out of the intro that had her and Ro in it.
I'm catching up so this may have already been answered. But where did she remove them from the intro? I've just looked back and they haven't in any recent vlogs.
Yup, still there. Unfortunately :roll:
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

OMG did they write that about themselves?! Can you imagine? “Their refreshing attitude and cool vibe” Haaa
Chloe is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Is there anything they'll offer you can't get from Melissa and Doug?
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I remember her saying that she didn’t like to recommend toys or books because what worked for her kids may not work for anyone else’s. She literally said that!! But what she actually meant was that she wasn’t going to be handing out her 5 star expert advice for free. Way to continue to capitalize off your dumbass subscribers Chlo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

DoodleBop2 wrote:Is there anything they'll offer you can't get from Melissa and Doug?
Or Kmart!
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

KiwiMama wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:Is there anything they'll offer you can't get from Melissa and Doug?
Or Kmart!
Exactly. I could get most of the toys and books they have from Target or even Sam's Club\Costco. Why take the mark up from them? Now if they partnered with a company to use them for advertising that might make more sense.
yeahyeahyeah

Unread post by yeahyeahyeah »

I used to be a Chloe admirer until I woke up and smelt the coffee and realised how cray she is. I had to make an account to mention this specifically.
I work for an online/edu toy store in Australia. There aren't too many of us and we're always competing against not only each other but now the globe for the cheapest prices. Many stores are turning to Amazon or similar marketplaces to ensure we remain competitive but this also means dropping item prices. Not good for profit, but good for our sales.

Regardless, we're based in the east coast of Australia and let me tell you. It costs us upwards of $12-$40 to send something between 500g - 3kg to Perth with Australia Post. That's ALOT. Now the customer doesn't want to fork out $$$ for shipping so we have to build that cost into the item. BUT remember we want to keep prices low. It also takes anywhere from 5-10 business days due to the distance and slowness of AP. Throw in express prices and it makes me cry. Don't even bother with other couriers, they're worse. Plus this is with a business loyalty account/prices which I doubt they'll get off the bat. She's going to have a real hard time when they realise how expensive it will be to ship from WA to the rest of Australia. Educational toys are generally wooden and/or heavy so have fun with that.

I give this venture 6 months tops. Just like everything else they do.
Floofy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floofy »

...... just one thing....learnt is NOT A WORD........carry on
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

Floofy wrote:...... just one thing....learnt is NOT A WORD........carry on
Yes it is actually. Learned and learnt can be used interchangeably the latter being mainly used outside of the US. British English.
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

EleanorRigby wrote:
Floofy wrote:...... just one thing....learnt is NOT A WORD........carry on
Yes it is actually. Learned and learnt can be used interchangeably the latter being mainly used outside of the US. British English.
Yeah seriously... learnt is literally in the dictionary as a past tense of learn.

A massive pet peeve of mine is the mentality that American English is the only correct English.

Had someone tell me "spelt" wasn't a real word the other day... yes it bloody is! Again, it's in the dictionary.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

Maybe the reason they moved is to be closer to family who are slated to help with this new 'business'
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Learnt whilst spoilt etc etc are all words just not common in American English. I also recently learned about the history of use ax instead of ask and how it fell out of favor more recently.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

DoodleBop2 wrote:Learnt whilst spoilt etc etc are all words just not common in American English. I also recently learned about the history of use ax instead of ask and how it fell out of favor more recently.
I wonder if USA don't use the 't' at the end is because they don't like to pronounce the letter t. And I know this because my kids watch stupid american vlogging families (sis vs bro, daily bumps, shot of the yeagers etc) and they mimic the accent. Wa'a (water), boh'ill (bottle), sanna (Santa). Drives me nuts! lol
LennyLemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LennyLemon »

Bekkaz wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:Learnt whilst spoilt etc etc are all words just not common in American English. I also recently learned about the history of use ax instead of ask and how it fell out of favor more recently.
I wonder if USA don't use the 't' at the end is because they don't like to pronounce the letter t. And I know this because my kids watch stupid american vlogging families (sis vs bro, daily bumps, shot of the yeagers etc) and they mimic the accent. Wa'a (water), boh'ill (bottle), sanna (Santa). Drives me nuts! lol
Ha, my husband is British. He talks like that. Really bummed me out when I wanted to use the name Hattie for a girl. It became ha-ee! I guess it depends where you’re from here. My sis in law is from the south and they never add the g to the end of a word. Instead of morning it’s mornin’. Growing up in New York I would drop my r’s. Car was cah or bar was bah.

*edited* I meant to add we use learned instead of learnt, spoilt in is spoiled and so forth.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”