Chloe and Beans: Part 7

melaniieee333
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: Part 7

Unread post by melaniieee333 »

Chloe does realise that the kids won't stay her 'little beans' forever right....
One day her little beans will become pre-teen beans and then teenager beans 'Chloe and her six teen-beans'
She does realise she can't shelter those kids forever right? one day, even if it's not until they're 18, 19, heck even 21, they will realise all they missed out on a child, in favour of staying home, reading books (Which im not knocking as I love to read and i reckon teaching your children to have a love of books is one of the greatest things you can do as a parent), eating plates of gruel, isolated from other children, other expereinces.
In some ways it's a blessing in disguise the kids are home schooled as if they went to a normal school they'd realise sooner what they're missing out on. Chloe has institutionalised those beans in a way. I don't think they'd actually 'fit in' at a normal school.
The park trips can't last forever, kids grow out of it eventually.
The beans won't be little and cute forever. They'll eventually, no matter how 'montessori' and respectful your parenting, kids will grow up and become hormonal, pimply, moody, smelly teenagers who will talk back, and probably not want to be filmed, wear matching clothes, and line up in front of the great wall of stuva.
They will need their own personal space, and want to feel ownership of that space, for example- heaven forbid- having a poster or two on the walls, or keeping a few favourite items in their room.
I don't mind that Chloe raises her kids vegan cause that's her prerogative but I do wish that she loosened the reins in other ways when it came to her parenting.
I feel for those kids, I really do. And I feel for Ro as well. He needs to get out of that relationship. Chloe has him on a tighter leash than the beans
Will they still be running that bendy beanstalk shop when the kids are 16, 15, 14 and 13 x3?!?!
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

mamawombat wrote:If they spent as much money on Otto's glasses as they do on the kids' clothes, he wouldn't be pushing them up his nose all the time OR being told to remove them on camera because of the glare (you can pay extra for an anti glare coating). For something you wear all day every day, it's worth spending the money to get good quality frames and lenses. And even if they don't health insurance to cover them, they clearly have the funds on hand to do so out of pocket.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
In all seriousness, I paid $50 at Specsavers for a perfectly good pair of well fitting glasses. Chloe’s just more interested in what she thinks looks cool
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

Chloe is bizarre. She's so incredibly boring and leads such an incredibly boring regimented lifeless existence. It all seems so unhealthy and unnatural. They are polar opposites to the free thinking creative 'wild and free' unschoolers that she thinks they are. They couldn't be further from it. The few vlogs I've seen recently almost give me anxiety, they're so oppressive and boring, that I feel sad for the kids and sense the depression just watching.

Is anyone else as irritated by her face/mouth and the way she speaks?

Why does she interact with her kids in such a slow, basic way? Do they have additional needs, or does she just not know how to engage them?
Everything about her is so soulless and BASIC. She's comes across as uneducated, with no substance and all about appearances - a worrying combination for a homeschooler. Those poor kids probably can't even play with toys and books in the way they want to as it would mess up Chloe's colour schemes :roll:

I take it the trips are in regular daycare now?

The bed behaviour is an odd fixation. I suppose the pizza's are vegan ;)

Has she discussed their longer term plans? Buying a house, getting a job, the kids going to school etc?
sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

wasteoftime wrote:Chloe is bizarre. She's so incredibly boring and leads such an incredibly boring regimented lifeless existence. It all seems so unhealthy and unnatural. They are polar opposites to the free thinking creative 'wild and free' unschoolers that she thinks they are. They couldn't be further from it. The few vlogs I've seen recently almost give me anxiety, they're so oppressive and boring, that I feel sad for the kids and sense the depression just watching.

Is anyone else as irritated by her face/mouth and the way she speaks?

Why does she interact with her kids in such a slow, basic way? Do they have additional needs, or does she just not know how to engage them?
Everything about her is so soulless and BASIC. She's comes across as uneducated, with no substance and all about appearances - a worrying combination for a homeschooler. Those poor kids probably can't even play with toys and books in the way they want to as it would mess up Chloe's colour schemes :roll:

I take it the trips are in regular daycare now?

The bed behaviour is an odd fixation. I suppose the pizza's are vegan ;)

Has she discussed their longer term plans? Buying a house, getting a job, the kids going to school etc?
I honestly think it’s Chloe that’s slow. She has no clue what she’s doing. I think the older 3 are smart, but could be exceptionally so if they were given the rights tools and a decent teacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Chloe has some sort of tick her weird thought patterns. I think the kids' have learned by example. They're also living where they didn't actually have their own babyhoods even the big boys within a few months she was pregnant again. I think their only saving grace is Ro seemed to be more emotionally connected to them than their mother. Now he's dead behind the eyes too.
FameImpala

Unread post by FameImpala »

Has anyone mentioned yet how she was talking about whether they would get three not-matching chairs for the 'homeschool room'...or SIX NEW CHAIRS?

where do they get the money? I can't fathom it.
FameImpala

Unread post by FameImpala »

Also did anyone else notice in the video about the bugs, at the end when she shows their dinner and does the usual boring routine of asking them all if they like it, etc, none of the kids was actually eating? If you watch carefully they all put like a tiny dot of food on the end of their fork and just lick it gingerly. I don't think they were feeling that meal.
I only hope the sauce was made with tofu, otherwise there was no protein in their dinner :(
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Whenever people mention people actually do need protein some Vegan comes out of the woodwork to be like actually we don't need as much protein as you think....well they certainly need more than 8 pumpkin seeds worth of protein.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

FameImpala wrote:Has anyone mentioned yet how she was talking about whether they would get three not-matching chairs for the 'homeschool room'...or SIX NEW CHAIRS?

where do they get the money? I can't fathom it.
Financially and also environmentally. Why buy six chairs if you only need three? Being vegan is supposed to be connected to supporting the environment but I've never quite seen her make that connection. Getting books from the library instead of a bookstore, at least some of the time, might also be a nice thing to do.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She used to speak about the ideal community for her yet they don't seem to go to their local library unless they need to take photos to prove they homeschool.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Any vlog I watch, they don't go anywhere. Does she show them playing in the garden? playing or growing their own food? playing with other kids? going to groups? museums etc? I've only ever seen them shopping and the kids seem to have very narrow interests. I don't understand what they do all day? It appears very restrictive and unhealthy. She could blur out other people and still vlog if they were actually interacting with anyone but themselves so that's no excuse.

The dinnertime segment is verging on creepy. I guess she's trying to show that kids like veg but all it really showcases is Chloe's obsession and her controlling behaviour and odd kids behaviour. It is not normal to interview your children every time they eat. If your kids enjoy something they'll tell you, they'll ask for more. You don't have to ask... that is... unless they're acting for a vlog for their unhinged mother who's scraping for content and an identity.
Snap2it
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Snap2it »

A veggie garden is a great idea. Especially as there are so many of them to feed.

Have to agree with meal times. All the kids lined up at the bench and Ro and Chloe sitting in the kitchen facing them. Is it really too hard to buy a dining table and chairs?

Had to laugh at them all sitting around reading books. Well Chloe pretending to read.
IlikeVlogs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IlikeVlogs »

You know what is so sad. Evan and Otto don't seem to have any friends. It's the saddest thing because they seems so sociable? And all they get to spend time with are their younger siblings.
At that age I was interacting with other children everyday and forming little friend groups etc. All Evan and Otto seem to be doing is read, eat and go to parks, it must be so boring?
How does Chloe not realize kids need friends, not just for fun, but also to learn from them? To develop new views about the world, learn to handle conflicts etc. Also, is it just me or does all Chloe seem to focus on is maths and reading. I feel like the kids have no general knowledge about the world at all. School would focus on that but chloe seems to have little knowledge about those subjects herself.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

Poor Otto with those glasses. Why oh why does she have to make him look so awful? The haircut and weird clothes are bad enough. Now she has his gigantic glasses jammed onto his face with one of those back straps that goes behind his head. It's so tight that his ears are smushed down and out, that cannot be comfortable.. And the end of the strap sticks straight out like an arrow cause she's got it pulled so tight. If she got normal sized glasses for a child that actually fit him and hooked behind his ears, he would not need that strap. That's for much younger children, heck even babies that wear glasses often dont need the back strap. Amazingly, Chloe, their glasses curl right around their tiny ears and they stay on, all by themselves. No slipping, no sliding down their noses.

Why does she continue to do this to him?
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She thinks this look is cute so he's stuck like this.
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

Nothing Chloe does is for the good of her children, it’s all about maintaining her look as being a cool, edgy mother. I wore glasses for thirteen years for a squint and if the glasses don’t fit properly, are too heavy and not correctly sized for your face you get sores behind your ears. I remember I had to cut bandaids up and stick them on the top back of my ear to try and avoid getting painful, weepy sores that would never quite heal properly, but it didn’t work, and the pain was awful. That was so many years ago now but is forever ingrained in my memory. My mum always got my glasses from OPSM and they were always the correct ones fitted for my face but back then the frames and lenses were not a light weight plastic like they are theses days. I feel sorry for Otto because he is the one suffering right now and does his mother care, not one little bit as it is always about her.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

The thing is, it's not cute, edgy or cool. She's missed the target entirely.
mamawombat
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamawombat »

But it's also a poor move on the part of Specsavers that they didn't help him choose better fitting glasses. My daughter is the same age, she also goes to specsavers, and her glasses fit her face properly because the girls helping us each time talked to her about having glasses that fitted her face properly so that they work properly for her eyes. I feel like the employee should have been more encouraging of choosing glasses that fit rather than perpetuating Chloe's need for "oh we let the kids choose and he totally chose these ones on his own" ... Like no, the priority here is health not style. And there were tonnes of cute specsavers glasses that would have fitted his face correctly.

Also I now question if they didn't just order them online. Even the specsavers kid glasses are two for one. Where's Otto's second pair?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

Allowing a 5 year old to make decisions as big as this is just plain silly, but instead of parenting him and explaining the difference between wanting and needing something she left him with glasses he can’t really use. They are clearly too wide and too big for his face and any reputable optometrist or optical fitter would never have allowed him to take these home. If he had a new prescription he would have tried them on in store, staff would have explained they are not right for him and encouraged them to choose another pair. With Chloe being an expert in everything she would have gone home and online and got them anyway because that’s what Otto (or Chloe) wanted. IMO if he continues to wear them, he will get sore ears and them being down on the end of his nose all the time will not correct his eye problem and delay his treatment.
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Those kids need a good wash, their hair looks filthy and unbrushed.

Yet again everyone, even the husband, gets interviewed about their food.

That poor kids ears are almost bent in half with those ridiculous ill-fitting glasses. WTF is the haircut meant to be?

Chloe wouldn't even allow the poor malnourished miserable toddler more than one leaf of spinach. It's so sad and oppressive.

It all seems so lifeless and devoid of personality. Does anyone else get real control creepy vibes from Chloe? The kids behaviour isn't typical of kids from a happy home.
Chloe has to forcefully tickle them to make them laugh, and then they parrot out lifeless answers and look afraid or too exhausted to say anything.
The slow narration is odd. We all naturally do it for our kids to some extent but they never have normal conversation, just constantly narrating everything and labelling everything they do, with basic questions ad infinitum :?

Return to “Chloe and Beans”