• Advertisement

8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Postby lmmomSD » Tue May 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Chad was singing Blurred Lines?y daughter and I call it the date rape song. I hate that it's so catchy.
She needs to wake up and smell the toast. I can't believe she actually considers herself a role model for young women and a good mother.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby lurkerthatposts » Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 pm

I am growing increasingly concerned for the amount of times Abby and Julie are 'sick'. Yes for the grades and summer school and all that, which is worrying, but kids just don't get sick that often. Julie and Abby grew up with the internet they know how to google and trick a thermometer into showing a false fever. I really think something else might be going on in school, maybe socially. If Julie is hitting kids after complaining about bullying, she could really be having a rough time with other kids her age at school, to the point where she is acting out. I know I used to pretend to be sick to avoid having to go to school when I was having friendship problems. It wasn't the school work or class time I was avoiding but recess and lunch when I would be on my own or have former friends gang up on me. But, as as result, I got really bad grades. I know Ruby kind of asked Julie about this in another 'vlog' a few weeks ago but she needs to put the camera down and talk to her kid as a parent and as a friend who is there for them. No 8 year old wants to admit they're skipping school because of friendship problems in front of a million people! The fact that they're always sooo sick when school starts but running around outside cough-free by the time it's too late to send them in really says something...
lurkerthatposts
Amateur

Postby EZ0807 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:16 am

Her children are always sick! In an older vlog talks Ruby about Abby that she is lactose intolerant. I think she still is. The burden of her stomach and vomiting. I think Abby has allergies and that does not get better because of the food that Ruby gives.
With Julie is another story I think. Maybe must she develop still some social skills. I don't know, but the interaction with children from her age is not completly normal. But that can have to do with her insecurity (I think that is the thing). But we must not forget that we don't have the whole story about the punching. In older vlogs Ruby finds it good to punch back, when another start. Maybe that is what happened?
EZ0807

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 am

seriously, another missed day of school? That's 3 just this week. TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THE DOCTOR FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! I wish I had the time to count how many days she has missed this school year alone. Between 2 back to back weeks out for vacations, plus all her "sick" days, this kid has missed 20+ days of school. No one would be able to keep up with their school work if they miss that much school. And her reply on instagram was "she was taking care of it" and "she know's what's best for her child" apparently she doesn't. A good Mom would NEVER let their child get this far behind.
Seriously, she get's a ton of crap for the kids missing school and yet she still chooses to vlog about it on a daily basics. She just say's "it's normal for someone to be home from school when you have 6 kids" Seriously, it's NOT though. It's not normal to be "sick" this much. I would be taking my child to the doctor if she complained about headaches, stomach aches, etc. all the time like Abby does. She is seriously one of the worst Mom's I know. And the scary part is we only see 10+ min. of her entire day.
The entire first part of the vlog is her "parenting" from BED. AGAIN. GET UP AND BE A PARENT. You talk about how "powerful" you are as a Mother, but you lay in bed all the time and forget to pick your kids up, drop them off late, let them skip school whenever they want, never check in on their grades or schoolwork, and let them run around the neighborhood/streets by themselves so you don't have to be bothered to do anything. She seriously is the worst. What a horrible example of a Mom for the world to see. What you see on Ruby's channel IS NOT a good representation of a stay at home Mom or even a Mom in general. I promise we are all not like that.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

Postby Toodles123 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Anyone ever think ruby tells Julie and the kids to fake being sick for the camera? Like if you fake you'll get a day off school.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Toodles123
Talker

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Wed May 16, 2018 6:47 pm

I think to Ruby a powerful mother is one who feeds her children oreos for breakfast and is trying too hard to be cool rather than actually take care of her children.
My mom was never trying to be cool. And honestly, I "hated" her at times. I was in HUGE trouble if I failed at school or didn't do my homework, I wasn't allowed to skip school unless I was really sick, I never ate sweets instead of any meal. But that just made me the person that I am today - educated, strong, hard working, ambitious. And looking back I'm really happy my mom wasn't a cool parent because without her help I wound't get to where I am now. And lots of my friends at school had cool parents, who let their kids do anything they wanted - most of them is pretty unhappy with their lives right now.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Wed May 16, 2018 6:53 pm

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:I think to Ruby a powerful mother is one who feed her children oreos for breakfast and is trying so hard to be cool rather than actually take care of her children.
My mom was never trying to be cool. And honestly, I "hated" her at times. I was in HUGE trouble if I failed at school or didn't do my homework, I wasn't allowed to skip school unless I was really sick, I never ate sweets instead of any meal. But that just made me the person that I am today - educated, strong, hard working, ambitious. And looking back I'm really happy my mom wasn't a cool parent because without her help I wound't get to where I am now. And lots of my friends at school had cool parents, who let their kids do anything they wanted - most of them is pretty unhappy with their lives right now.
Exactly. Kids need structure, and _parents_, not friends. I'm far from perfect, and made plenty of mistakes, but my kids knew I was the mom. And I knew my parents were my parents. I said "I hate you!" to my mom more than once, and she never let it outwardly faze her. She followed through. And I am glad she did.
Is Ruby going to have her uneducated kids cleaning her house when they're 30 while she lies in bed?

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby golden12345f » Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Chad was singing Blurred Lines?y daughter and I call it the date rape song. I hate that it's so catchy.
She needs to wake up and smell the toast. I can't believe she actually considers herself a role model for young women and a good mother.

It was actually The Middle by Zedd, so no need to freak out there.
golden12345f
Wallflower

Postby staceybrax » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 am

I wonder if Abby fakes being sick to get out of school because she’s so far behind. It can’t be a good feeling to be sitting in a class room and not understanding any of the work. She is clearly very behind if she got a 0 on a maths test.
And I bet Julie wants to stay home because she has trouble with bullies, that’s been documented for a long time. I had a hard time at school specially and it sucks, going to school and not having any friends is so hard. I hated going to school because I was painfully shy and had a hard time making friends and the harder it was to make friends the shy-er I got. It’s a vicious cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 am

golden12345f wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Chad was singing Blurred Lines?y daughter and I call it the date rape song. I hate that it's so catchy.

It was actually The Middle by Zedd, so no need to freak out there.
Not freaking out. Thanks for the clarification though!

She is still no role model as a mother.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby skrt09 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:15 am

golden12345f wrote:It was actually The Middle by Zedd, so no need to freak out there.

That was yesterday (May 16), but the day before he was definitely singing blurred lines.

---
I am surprised that Russell got in to the private school unconditionally. Not surprised that Abby and Julie got conditional acceptances. But again, they didn't need to reveal their child's low scores to the whole world.
skrt09
Amateur

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 am

Did I understand Ruby right? Kevin's the one who's going to tutor Abby and Julie? That's just stupid, Kevin could be a great college professor but working with his own kids is a whole different thing. Sooner or later they're going to stop doing any math at all and it will all just go to waste. They should hire an actual tutor, who works with kids on daily basis and someone who will work with them regularly and not just from time to time. It's not like they can't afford that.

After someone commented about Julie blinking in Shari's video I actually paid attention to that and something was definitely off with her eyes, Ruby should just take her for a check up at the opthalmologist.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby blackroses_ » Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 am

Hello Everybody! I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to make an account and join you all in discussing. Like all of you, I'm shocked by their school situation. It doesn't surprise me that both Abby and Julie got conditional offers. I am pretty surprised Russell got accepted regardless - I am wondering if this is because he is repeating the year? That way he may be on the same wavelength as the other children (who will be 2 years younger!) It may also be because of the grade they are going into, and the fact that although he is developing slow, the school may think that they are young enough to slowly make changes overtime whilst they are with them. I also don't think it was appropriate to let them know on camera - sure if the girls agree, she could have mentioned it but imagine how that made Julie and Abby feel (especially when all their friends from school see!) The only plus was that Shari wasn't there, because I can imagine how it may have been awful to have Shari there giving her opinion considering she was accepted almost straight away and that she hasn't really struggled with grades before (other than the time she didn't get an A in maths for like a second). :-o
blackroses_

Postby artsy323 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 am

They are both horrible parents, not wanting to drop off Abby at a friends house 4 blocks away!? Im sorry, but the way the publicly show EVERYTHING i would drive my child 4 blocks to guarantee they are safe! I would never allow my 4 year old to make her own play dates either.

I despise how she will barely feeds them nutritious and well balanced meals but allows them to indulge in junk food 24/7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
artsy323

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

[/quote]I am surprised that Russell got in to the private school unconditionally. Not surprised that Abby and Julie got conditional acceptances. But again, they didn't need to reveal their child's low scores to the whole world.[/quote]

I bet since Russell is only going into either K or 1st grade, their are no "conditional" acceptances. I think anyone can get in if you have the money.
So both girls are testing really low in math, and also testing low in spelling and cursive. Maybe if they were actually in school more often and present for the lessons, they would have a fighting chance. Espeically if you have a child that is always going to be "low to average", it's even more important to make sure they are in school. And when they talk about summer school, they aren't really doing summer school, just getting a tutor. And it sounds like they aren't even getting a real tutor, just having Kevin work with them. That's ridiculous. They have the money, just hire an actual teacher to help them. And then Ruby tries to blame them being behind on it being a "public school"? No, it's because your kids miss so much school, they can't learn if they arent there. It has nothing to do with them being in a public school. It's your kids and your (lack) of parenting. How does she sleep at night?
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Yeah, having family members tutor isn't the best. My brother is _brilliant_. Went to Cal Tech, got a perfect score on the AP physics exam, so when I started having trouble in algebra,, my parents assumed his tutoring me would be great. Nope. First of all, familiarity breeds contempt. Second, it was such second nature to him that he couldn't understand why I couldn't get it. "It's so simple! How can you not see it?" Ugh. They need someone who isn't emotionally involved and can explain things on their level. Kevin is used to college students. Big difference.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Namm » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am

staceybrax wrote:I wonder if Abby fakes being sick to get out of school because she’s so far behind. It can’t be a good feeling to be sitting in a class room and not understanding any of the work. She is clearly very behind if she got a 0 on a maths test.
And I bet Julie wants to stay home because she has trouble with bullies, that’s been documented for a long time. I had a hard time at school specially and it sucks, going to school and not having any friends is so hard. I hated going to school because I was painfully shy and had a hard time making friends and the harder it was to make friends the shy-er I got. It’s a vicious cycle.

...that and not having anyone to help her out with her homework or encouraging her to do better. She's not like Julie, Chad or Shari who seem to manage better with their school work. Franke's have money and could easily pay a tutor for Abby to get her on the right track. I don't think that anyone has really explained to her why she'll needs an education so it looks like Abbie doesn't care which is sad because she's a terrific girl who just needs that extra push forward.
Namm
Informer

Postby natalka81 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am

I am again disappointed in them talking about their kids' academic stuff so publicly. I would have been mortified as a child if my parents had broadcast my progress in school to other people, even if I was doing very well. I don't really see why people are so surprised about Russell getting in to the private school, though. I don't think we've seen any evidence that he's behind academically at all. He seems to be reading and writing at least a little bit, and he's only in kindergarten this year (although many of his peers may be in first grade?) I think he'll do well being challenged and going to a more rigorous school to be honest.
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby PoppyFlower1 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm

i used to enjoy every video untill recently. this past 2 months, the channel turned into a snore fest. the fame made her channel suck big time. used to be clever created drama to make there daily lives interesting, which to me.. sells. peoples lives are boring, and she staged them to be more than the average day. i guess she did it to gain followers. but now every video is like "oh i didnt film all day again, kids are back from school, ill just filming them eating oreas on the kitchen counter and talk about random stuff. the 8 passengers have lost what made them different from other channels. and honestly, people will soon get bored and turn to someone else for entertainment. I sometimes think famous vloggers think that once there famous, that there viewers also dont care what you post anymore, but like anything, we watched this for enjoyment, if your not fun to watch then people wont watch anymore. vampires diaries used to be good, then by the 4th season i tuned out because they were cutting budgets and the show sucked, same with youtubers.
PoppyFlower1
Amateur

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 pm

PoppyFlower1 wrote:i used to enjoy every video untill recently. this past 2 months, the channel turned into a snore fest. the fame made her channel suck big time. used to be clever created drama to make there daily lives interesting, which to me.. sells. peoples lives are boring, and she staged them to be more than the average day. i guess she did it to gain followers. but now every video is like "oh i didnt film all day again, kids are back from school, ill just filming them eating oreas on the kitchen counter and talk about random stuff. the 8 passengers have lost what made them different from other channels. and honestly, people will soon get bored and turn to someone else for entertainment. I sometimes think famous vloggers think that once there famous, that there viewers also dont care what you post anymore, but like anything, we watched this for enjoyment, if your not fun to watch then people wont watch anymore. vampires diaries used to be good, then by the 4th season i tuned out because they were cutting budgets and the show sucked, same with youtubers.

I may be in the minority, but I personally hate the fakeness and the staged acts. I hate that her vlogs always feel scripted and like they are actors playing a part and she is the director and not their Mom. I would rather watch the old Ruby, before she changed. Back when she actually was vlogging her boring, day to day life of being a MOM. I enjoyed the cooking, the cleaning, actual "real" moments with her kids before youtube "fame". Now she just lays in bed or lays on the couch and occassionally gets up to make a meal or organize a closet, drives them around, makes another grocery run, and shoves some Oreo's at them. Everything is an act for the vlog. Everything she vlogs is strictly for views. She doesn't care about anyone's privacy anymore, she let's her kids run wild and do whatever they want, the louder and more obnoxious the better. They have to make a scene and be the center of attention wherever they go. And yet through it all, she thinks she is such a great and wonderful and powerful woman and mother. Yet she is the exact opposite.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

Postby Bundy » Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Just reading the comments on the video of summer school for Abby and Julie, wow people really aren’t afraid of giving their opinion. It never used to be like this on their channel. Ruby is asking for this kind of criticism by sharing such personal moments for the world to see. So many people have commented on Julie’s squinting too. I wonder how Ruby really feels when seeing strangers say things like “the kids are under too much pressure” or “Utah is 2 years behind”. I bet she just laughs and goes about her day without a second thought!

Bundy
Amateur

Postby Toodles123 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 am

Kevin got tenured.

Toodles123
Talker

Postby ctx2002 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Toodles123 wrote:Kevin got tenured.

As soon as I saw the thumbnail and title of the video, I thought "Oh I wonder what it could be!? Maybe you're both smiling happily in the thumbnail because he didn't, who knows." :roll:

Really though, I'm happy for him and it seems he has worked pretty hard to get where he is professionally. I do find it a bit odd that Ruby's first instinct was to celebrate by taking everyone to Disney World, rather than maybe a nice dinner or weekend trip out of town for just the two of them. That's an expensive trip with 8 people, though I guess it's not a big deal considering what I assume is around a mid six figure annual income their raking in with the channel by now. Hopefully they're saving most of their Youtube money for retirement and to pass on to the kids (who frankly deserve it for being the real draw of the channel and putting up with Ruby The Director™).
ctx2002
Amateur

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 pm

As for me, the weirdest part was when Ruby was all shocked and jumped almost as if she didn't believe Kevin would get tenured
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby username320 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm

ctx2002 wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:Kevin got tenured.

As soon as I saw the thumbnail and title of the video, I thought "Oh I wonder what it could be!? Maybe you're both smiling happily in the thumbnail because he didn't, who knows." :roll:

Really though, I'm happy for him and it seems he has worked pretty hard to get where he is professionally. I do find it a bit odd that Ruby's first instinct was to celebrate by taking everyone to Disney World, rather than maybe a nice dinner or weekend trip out of town for just the two of them. That's an expensive trip with 8 people, though I guess it's not a big deal considering what I assume is around a mid six figure annual income their raking in with the channel by now. Hopefully they're saving most of their Youtube money for retirement and to pass on to the kids (who frankly deserve it for being the real draw of the channel and putting up with Ruby The Director™).

I also hope they're accounting for how much this private school will cost, 60k a year for all 6, and then at least two missions and at enough for 2 kids to go to college. I hope she realizes that the money won't always be rolling in.
username320
Amateur

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers