• Advertisement

8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Postby staceybrax » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 am

Kataja wrote:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:Did she serioulsy just post a 9 min. video about popping pimples? Seriously? I couldn't watch it. She is forcing and encouraging her young girls to grow up way before their time. Just because you get a pimple doesn't mean you are a "woman". She is in such a hurry for her girls to grow up so they can get married and pregnant at 18 years old. I bet tomorrow's vlog will be a "welcome to womanhood" part for Julie. It's ridiculous. She is causing so much damage to her children. These video's are seen by their neighbors, their church family, their class mates, the people who see them out in public and the rest of the world. Does Ruby not think Julie is going to get teased for stupid video's who exploite her? Shaving legs, popping pimples, getting their periods, apparently NOTHING is off limits to Ruby. So sad what she is doing to her children for money. And if all that wasn't bad enough, she catches Chad at the end of the vlog and vooms in to his armpits and say's "well, not too much hair in the armpits yet" as if she is giving us all an update on Chad's coming into his "manhood". And she talks about doing a vlog about the girls getting their periods.....Shari chimed in that she wanted nothing to do with it........Some things need to be kept private. Having your period isn't shameful or a bad thing, but my God, keep some things private and respect your children. Even if they say they don't care now, they are young girls, think about their future selves. Think about them at age 15, 18, 21, and as an adult. Things you post on the internet are there FOREVER. Hope the money is worth it Ruby.

I think she is exposing her children at the moment when they are most vulnerable. Puberty is such a sensitive topic and where I share the sentiment that it should not be shameful, Still they should be allowed to their privacy. The discussion about puberty should be off the camera.

Because they are young, I don't think that they can consent. Even they would say to their mom, that it is ok, it is still not. They still think that they need to do anything to please their parents and cannot (and shouldn't be made to) draw the line for the parents what is ok and what's not. Later in their life they might end up blaming themselves (for no reason, but mommy-dearest cannot be the guilty one) and regretting things that were shared online.

I think what Ruby is doing right now, is harmful for the kids' emotional growth. They are forced to be young adults when they should still be playing like kids with no worry of adulthood.
I think openness about puberty is important but it shouldn't be done at the cost of someones privacy!

I agree with you. When I was going through puberty I would have been absolutely mortified if my mother filmed it and uploaded it to the internet. As if the other kids at school don’t watch their vlogs and Julie already has a hard time at school with bullying, the last thing she needs is more bullying and embarrassment because her mother filmed all about her going into puberty. I feel so bad for the kids on YouTube because their parents have no sense of boundaries and these kids have no privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Mieke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 am

Once again, 6 minutes long vlog about 1 subject. She does not want to put any effort in these videos.
As someone said earlier, I used to like them but I started to dislike Ruby, I've never liked Shari but I liked the other kids. After I found the video of Ruby supporting Chick-fil-A for being against gay marriage, I really really disliked them.
Mieke
Talker

Postby kates_crush » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 am

wait... did they just ask if this was julie's first eye exam and ruby said yes?
first eye exam at 9? wth?
kates_crush
Talker

Postby alexandriablue » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am

I think I have reached the point where I don't think I can even hate watch this channel anymore, or any of the Griffiths siblings...

None of these Griffiths girls have kids for the right reasons. I am not a parent, nor do I plan to be, but kids do not ask to be brought into this world. It is incredibly unfair and irresponsible to pop out a bunch of kids when you're not financially stable, expect the older ones to take care of the younger ones, pile on chores while you lay in bed complaining about how hard it is to be a mother, neglect their health by feeding them tiny portions of crap and never taking them to the doctor, place absolutely no value on education and instead stress church and getting married and having kids which perpetuates the cycle. I don't doubt they all love their children, but even without the atrocious internet exploitation I just feel like the Griffiths have kids because 1) they're expected to and 2) they want cute little accessories to make themselves happier instead of trying to nurture and encourage them to reach their full potential as individuals. They don't even try to improve their parenting skills, because that's how they were raised and Mama Griffiths knows best! :x

Sorry for the rant. I unsubbed from Bonnie and E&J, and Ruby's latest videos about Julie and puberty and blatant OTT exploitation is making me want to unsub too.
alexandriablue
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:26 am

Mieke wrote:Once again, 6 minutes long vlog about 1 subject. She does not want to put any effort in these videos.
As someone said earlier, I used to like them but I started to dislike Ruby, I've never liked Shari but I liked the other kids. After I found the video of Ruby supporting Chick-fil-A for being against gay marriage, I really really disliked them.
The worst thing about that Chick Fil-A vlog? The minute she got push back about it, she deleted it. She doesn't even have the courage to really stand up for what she supposedly believes in. I absolutely disagree with Chick Fil-A, and her, but she is a coward. If she had kept the video up, and said "Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but this is what my faith teaches, and it's what I believe", I might actually respect her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Mieke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Mieke wrote:Once again, 6 minutes long vlog about 1 subject. She does not want to put any effort in these videos.
The worst thing about that Chick Fil-A vlog? The minute she got push back about it, she deleted it. She doesn't even have the courage to really stand up for what she supposedly believes in. I absolutely disagree with Chick Fil-A, and her, but she is a coward. If she had kept the video up, and said "Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but this is what my faith teaches, and it's what I believe", I might actually respect her.

I completely agree with you! She just want subscribers, she doesn't want a 'connection' with her subscribers. To her, they are just money. A lot of other youtubers are grateful for their subscribers and have meet-ups and such.
+ about the Chick-fil-A thing, if you mention anything about it. Your comment will be deleted or maybe the word is even banned in the comments.
Honestly, I hope one of her kids is able to stand up to Ruby and say that they don't believe. Ruby will blow up, I feel like Chad or Eve could be the ones to stand up to mormonism.
Mieke
Talker

Postby Tiger27 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:32 pm

I can see Abby or Julie getting their first period and not telling their mom for weeks in fear it’ll end up on camera. Or one of the kids will fail a test and never tell Ruby (and she won’t bother to look) because they’ll worry she’ll plaster their bad grades on a thumbnail. She’s going to create secretive, sneaky kids because they will fear their private moments being shared with the world. The older they get, the more aware they are going to become of what it means to being on YouTube with such a big following. I have no doubt they already hear from classmates about it. I can’t imagine being at that vulnerable age and having my private life put out there for the world to see. Ruby probably guilt trips them though by reminding them of all the nice things and experiences they get because of YouTube.

Tiger27
Informer

Postby username320 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:57 pm

kates_crush wrote:wait... did they just ask if this was julie's first eye exam and ruby said yes?

I feel like it's normal to get your first non-pediatrician eye exam at that age, but then again she doesn't take them to the pediatrician.
username320
Amateur

Postby skrt09 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Ruby was just talking about her Nate Berkus pillowcase in an Instagram story. Does she know who that is? ...And who he's married to? :D
skrt09
Amateur

Postby Mummyuk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:36 am

I'm a mum of a 9 year old and eye exams started at school age for her (UK age 4) and she has to have them every 2 years just like I do. Also those spots are just milk spots on Julie. My daughter gets them every now and then and there is no way I would encourage any form of squeezing or make her aware they are there. Doing what they are doing to Julie is going to cause no end of scaring on her face. Ruby has given these girls so many insecurities it makes my heart hurt for them. They are still young girls and she should enjoy that while she can instead of pushing them to grow up. It's really sad to watch these families emotionally harm their children by pushing women hood on them to soon.
Mummyuk
Amateur

Postby alexandriablue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 am

After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I don't mean to judge an ambitious teen who obviously values education, I just know she has extremely high academic standards for herself and I can see her being devastated if she doesn't get into prestigious schools.

I guess it doesn't matter if she's just going to follow in her mother's footsteps and get married at 18 anyway.
alexandriablue
Talker

Postby Tiger27 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am

alexandriablue wrote:After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I don't mean to judge an ambitious teen who obviously values education, I just know she has extremely high academic standards for herself and I can see her being devastated if she doesn't get into prestigious schools.

I guess it doesn't matter if she's just going to follow in her mother's footsteps and get married at 18 anyway.

I cannot see her getting in to one either. Lots of kids have straight A’s. Being a d-list “YouTube star” is not going to cut it in the extracurriculars department. She played rec softball and volleyball in junior high. Plus, the only adversity she has ever had to face was living off canned food storage for a few months because her parents popped out too many kids too fast so no points in that department. She’ll end up at BYU and then live happily ever after as a mom with half a degree and 4-5 children of her own. (I very much hope I am wrong with this prediction and I also don’t blame any of them going to BYU with the free or reduced tuition they’ll likely get).

Tiger27
Informer

Postby 4444Dddd » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 am

Does Shari even want to go to an ivy league college? She's probably a shoe-in for BYU anyways. If she really wants to go to an ivy league then she needs to be doing much more. Tons of people get straight A's all over the US along with taking Advanced Placement classes, working, managing extracurricular activities, etc. Babysitting cousins doesn't cut it. Maybe she could write about having her childhood exploited for YouTube money lmao.
4444Dddd

Postby Mieke » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 am

4444Dddd wrote:Does Shari even want to go to an ivy league college? She's probably a shoe-in for BYU anyways. If she really wants to go to an ivy league then she needs to be doing much more. Tons of people get straight A's all over the US along with taking Advanced Placement classes, working, managing extracurricular activities, etc. Babysitting cousins doesn't cut it. Maybe she could write about having her childhood exploited for YouTube money lmao.

I do believe she wants to get into an Ivy League School, just because it is 'cool' or the name. Not really for the classes or better schooling.
I'm not from the US so I do not know how the schooling system works with you but I feel like she maybe could get in, just because she is a 'youtube-kid'. I totally agree it is not enough because it is barely any work and she just fed of her parents success with her own channel. I hope she doesn't get in honestly, because there are way more kids that deserve it. But I could see it happening and that would be super sad.
Sidenote, if she does get in. What would she do? Students drinking and not at all religous, would she go back home crying because she was so sheltered. Or would she step out of the mormon bubble? Now, that would be a suprise!
Mieke
Talker

Postby Lolislol26 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Tiger27 wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I cannot see her getting in to one either. Lots of kids have straight A’s. Being a d-list “YouTube star” is not going to cut it in the extracurriculars department. She played rec softball and volleyball in junior high. Plus, the only adversity she has ever had to face was living off canned food storage for a few months because her parents popped out too many kids too fast so no points in that department. She’ll end up at BYU and then live happily ever after as a mom with half a degree and 4-5 children of her own. (I very much hope I am wrong with this prediction and I also don’t blame any of them going to BYU with the free or reduced tuition they’ll likely get).

I think Sheri has the drive and ability to attend a Ivy League school but she will not have her families support, emotionally or financially. I remember in a vlog (iirc it was last 4th of July when they went on the trip with Ruby’s parents and they showed their first apartment that Ruby almost burned down) Kevin talked about grad school and Ruby said she never wanted him to go because that would be them in debt and they fought about it. They have 6 kids to put through school, I can’t imagine any of them will go to anywhere other than BYU or a community college.
Lolislol26
Informer

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Brooklyn and Bailey took a bunch of AP classes, ran their own channel, and did extracurriculars and didn't get into Stanford. If Shari wants to go to an Ivy League school, she needs to really get cracking. Her mom plastering her face on YouTube won't cut it. B&B are much more "YouTube famous" than Shari is.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Mieke » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 am

lmmomSD wrote:Brooklyn and Bailey took a bunch of AP classes, ran their own channel, and did extracurriculars and didn't get into Stanford. If Shari wants to go to an Ivy League school, she needs to really get cracking. Her mom plastering her face on YouTube won't cut it. B&B are much more "YouTube famous" than Shari is.

I did remember yesterday evening. Shari will never get into a Ivy League college then. She doesn't do anything other than her 'basic' school and her own small youtube channel.
Mieke
Talker

Postby rdt1004 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 am

For someone who wants to go to an Ivy League, you’d think she would’ve done some research on them and would’ve known automatically that they were going to umass instead the Dartmouth. Like that’s just basic info, knowing where a school is actually located lol. I agree she would never get in and she’s in for a world of shock if she does to any college that’s not BYU or Utah state because it won’t be filled with mostly Mormons. Even in the vlog she was nervous about forming with some of the other girls on the trip, what’s she gonna do when she really has to dorm with other people. She’s also judgmental as hell and no one wants to be friends with the judges girls in college, so she’s going to have trouble making friends. I also think she’ll get to college and realize she’s not so special there, she’ll be average when it comes to academics and her peers and she’s going to freak out if she’s not the being praised as the smartest anymore.

rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm

username320 wrote:
kates_crush wrote:wait... did they just ask if this was julie's first eye exam and ruby said yes?

I feel like it's normal to get your first non-pediatrician eye exam at that age, but then again she doesn't take them to the pediatrician.

In most states (including mine) children HAVE to get a real eye exam by an eye doctor to be able to enter Kindergarten.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:06 pm

rdt1004 wrote:For someone who wants to go to an Ivy League, you’d think she would’ve done some research on them and would’ve known automatically that they were going to umass instead the Dartmouth. Like that’s just basic info, knowing where a school is actually located lol. I agree she would never get in and she’s in for a world of shock if she does to any college that’s not BYU or Utah state because it won’t be filled with mostly Mormons. Even in the vlog she was nervous about forming with some of the other girls on the trip, what’s she gonna do when she really has to dorm with other people. She’s also judgmental as hell and no one wants to be friends with the judges girls in college, so she’s going to have trouble making friends. I also think she’ll get to college and realize she’s not so special there, she’ll be average when it comes to academics and her peers and she’s going to freak out if she’s not the being praised as the smartest anymore.

That happened to me brother. He is _brilliant_. He was pretty much one of the smartest in high school. Then he went to Cal Tech. And suddenly there were lots of people smarter than him. And it was a huge adjustment....

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby freshbalsam » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Could you imagine the look on someone’s face reading a prospective students essay on how their childhood was negatively impacted based on YouTube exploitation?! That would be incredible.

Also.. we all know she’s going to BYU with that free tuition and Mormon boy population. Let’s be serious, Brennan or whoever her guy friend is will probably be the one she ends up with, as sad as it is.
freshbalsam
Gossiper

Postby cookiequeen0 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 pm

There is no way Shari would get into an Ivy. While she might be smart compared to her family and peers, she does not compare to other students around the country. Don't get me wrong, she seems intelligent, but in an average way (if that makes sense). She gets A's and reads for fun, but that doesn't make her brilliant. The people I know who have made it were incredibly smart. Maybe she'll proves us wrong though. I don't doubt that she'll apply to them anyway
cookiequeen0
Amateur

Postby username320 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:36 am

freshbalsam wrote:Could you imagine the look on someone’s face reading a prospective students essay on how their childhood was negatively impacted based on YouTube exploitation?! That would be incredible.

Also.. we all know she’s going to BYU with that free tuition and Mormon boy population. Let’s be serious, Brennan or whoever her guy friend is will probably be the one she ends up with, as sad as it is.

I don't think she'll get free tuition, just dirt cheap.
username320
Amateur

Postby lovingthisforum » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 am

KaterTot wrote:#1 we didn't see her ask the Doctor about the Tourette's. I don't think she does either but she has a horrendous tick which thanks to her Mom, brought us clips demonstrating how bad it is.

#2 First the DMV (arguing that was the office and had the wrong one) now her "Pediatrician" (yes that tells me how often she goes too. She is a major dingbat, like almost too dangerous to parent. What has kept her from leaving a child in the car to suffocate? I imagine people who do that are like Ruby.

#3 This also shows us she cannot be wrong to the point of being obstinate about it (wrong offices etc) so she couldn't be wrong on her kid's ticks. She used the ingrown toenail to make us believe she can be wrong. It was a small take it for the team ego. The ingrown toenail story she told her (removing the TOENAIL) was a scare tactic. You lose a freakin' sliver Ruby, you scared her into saying the WHOLE TOENAIL. Another thing I detest about Ruby.

Anyway, I will stop. I just dislike her more and more.

She is so mean to Julie, her black sheep :'/
lovingthisforum
Informer

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:51 pm

I get so irratated with Ruby filming her children's private moments. Some things should not be vlogged. You could see Julie was emotional, upset and on the verge of crying plus the fact she was scared to death of her Mom's reaction the whole time. TURN THE CAMERA OFF AND BE A MOM. It's sickening to see what she is willing to do for money. And of course she has to give the "backstory" about her and Kevin buying expensive leather bags for all the girls while on their trip to Italy and how they didn't become popular until THEY came back from their trip and how they are worth $300 bucks each. I had to roll my eyes at her vlog or maybe instagram story the other day when she talked about how she is so mimimal and how she doesn't care about her looks. She said she doesn't care about her looks or her clothes? Seriously? Maybe not 5 years ago but it's ALL she cares about now. She is constantly shopping and buying new clothes, new shoes, new purses, putting on a ton of makeup,getting her fake eyelashes put on, etc. She cares more about her daughters social lives and their "boyfriends" at school then she does their schoolwork. You hear her question the girls about boys at school yet never hear her ask them about their grades. Pathetic. All she wants is for them to get married at 18 and knocked up by 19.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers