• Advertisement

8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Postby natalka81 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 am

My cranky comments from today's vlog:
1. Why do they bother pretending to do the whole "the kids sneaked into the van" thing when it's so clearly fake even to the youngest of viewers?
2. Chocolate cake on paper plates for breakfast. Lovely.
3. I doubt very much that any of those boys appreciated having their wet bed sheets shown on the vlog with the announcement from Ruby that one of them had had an accident during the night.
natalka81
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby xoxocharlie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am

Imagine staying over at your Aunt and you wet yourself. Kids tend to be a little embarrassed about that so instead of handeling it discretely Ruby picks up the camera and tells her 1.7 million subscribers. Great
xoxocharlie

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:51 am

natalka81 wrote:My cranky comments from today's vlog:
1. Why do they bother pretending to do the whole "the kids sneaked into the van" thing when it's so clearly fake even to the youngest of viewers?
2. Chocolate cake on paper plates for breakfast. Lovely.
3. I doubt very much that any of those boys appreciated having their wet bed sheets shown on the vlog with the announcement from Ruby that one of them had had an accident during the night.
Bonnie showed them getting into the van on her vlog. I am _sure_ Ruby knew. Bonnie was pretending to be all sneaky. Yeah, you're going to send your kids to your sister who lives a good hour away, without letting her know. Sure, Jan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby golden12345f » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:23 am

Ok so Shari got a new phone today. What happened to all the horrible, disgusting and vulgar things on the internet? I thought she said she'd rather not have an iPhone and have a flip phone so she's not exposed to all that? Interesting.
golden12345f
Amateur

Postby Mieke » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 am

golden12345f wrote:Ok so Shari got a new phone today. What happened to all the horrible, disgusting and vulgar things on the internet? I thought she said she'd rather not have an iPhone and have a flip phone so she's not exposed to all that? Interesting.
We all know that's not true. She just made that up to look more mature.

The videos of Italy are like at least 3 weeks ago, it's not daily blogging if there's such a big gap.
I think its very weird to take your kid, who is 15, on a trip with you AND your students, who are most likely around 20. It's weird and not really appropriate.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Mieke
Talker

Postby jiggy_girl » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:41 am

I might be a bit OT but has something happened to Shari's nose? It looks swollen and she has some bruising or something? Has she broken it or something?
jiggy_girl

Postby username320 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:08 am

Mieke wrote:
golden12345f wrote:Ok so Shari got a new phone today. What happened to all the horrible, disgusting and vulgar things on the internet? I thought she said she'd rather not have an iPhone and have a flip phone so she's not exposed to all that? Interesting.

The videos of Italy are like at least 3 weeks ago, it's not daily blogging if there's such a big gap.
I think its very weird to take your kid, who is 15, on a trip with you AND your students, who are most likely around 20. It's weird and not really appropriate.

Yeah, she totally got it taken away, also they're probably grad. students who would normally be at least 22, but since it's BYU, they're 24-25.
username320
Amateur

Postby Mieke » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 am

username320 wrote:
Mieke wrote:

Yeah, she totally got it taken away, also they're probably grad. students who would normally be at least 22, but since it's BYU, they're 24-25.
I'm not American, could you explain why grad students at BYU are older?

Mieke
Talker

Postby ba1006 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 am

lmmomSD wrote:And she has no problem shopping at Nordstrom for the whole family. She goes to the most expensive clothing store, and like you said, buys new backpacks every year, which isn't always necessary, and stupid decor for Shari's locker (be sure to tune into Shari's channel for the locker "tour"!) but $99 for a calculator that will probably see Shari through college? Nope. It's too much.
I don't get the whole decorate TF out of the lockers fad anyway. My locker held my books. Period. And when I didn't like where my locker was, I had a shelf on a bookcase in the debate coaches classroom (yeah, I was a big nerd).

If I'm not mistaken, Nordstrom gave the kids a shopping spree last year for back to school shopping. Maybe they did the same this year? Must be nice.
ba1006
Informer

Postby Lolislol26 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 pm

ba1006 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And she has no problem shopping at Nordstrom for the whole family. She goes to the most expensive clothing store, and like you said, buys new backpacks every year, which isn't always necessary, and stupid decor for Shari's locker (be sure to tune into Shari's channel for the locker "tour"!) but $99 for a calculator that will probably see Shari through college? Nope. It's too much.
I don't get the whole decorate TF out of the lockers fad anyway. My locker held my books. Period. And when I didn't like where my locker was, I had a shelf on a bookcase in the debate coaches classroom (yeah, I was a big nerd).

If I'm not mistaken, Nordstrom gave the kids a shopping spree last year for back to school shopping. Maybe they did the same this year? Must be nice.

I’m pretty sure it was Jc. Penny’s!
Lolislol26
Talker

Postby Lolislol26 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:42 pm

ba1006 wrote:

Lolislol26
Talker

Postby MelE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:22 pm

In American universities we have undergrads who are pursuing their Bachelor's degree and are usually aged 18-22ish. After that there is grad school for those who want to pursue their Master's degree or PhD. So grad students are usually 23+. It is also more common for grad students to be closer with professors, so I would agree the students he took with him were probably grad students.
MelE
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:

That's right, it was! She was going on about how it was a "childhood dream come true". And Nordstrom doesn't need to be partnering with some vlogger-- last year, Ruby only had something like 500K subscribers. Not enough to interest a company like Nordstrom, I'd bet.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby fossilfinger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Mieke wrote:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk[/quote]

I think the original poster was referring to the fact that LDS students often go on a mission after undergrad and before grad school, so they're more likely to start grad school at BYU a little later than non-LDS students.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby Lolislol26 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:09 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:[quote="lmmomSD"]And she has no problem shopping at Nordstrom for the whole family. She goes to the most expensive clothing store, and like you said, buys new backpacks every year, which isn't always necessary, and stupid decor for Shari's locker (be sure to tune into Shari's channel for the locker "tour"!) but $99 for a calculator that will probably see Shari through college? Nope. It's too much.

That's right, it was! She was going on about how it was a "childhood dream come true". And Nordstrom doesn't need to be partnering with some vlogger-- last year, Ruby only had something like 500K subscribers. Not enough to interest a company like Nordstrom, I'd bet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I agree! I only remember because Chad was getting clothes too, even though he was going to a private school, Shari got a ton of clothes and then ending up transferring to the private school a month or so into school even though she didn’t have uniforms, and as per usual Eve got lost!
Lolislol26
Talker

Postby Lolislol26 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:11 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:
ba1006 wrote:[quote="lmmomSD"]And she has no problem shopping at Nordstrom for the whole family. She goes to the most expensive clothing store, and like you said, buys new backpacks every year, which isn't always necessary, and stupid decor for Shari's locker (be sure to tune into Shari's channel for the locker "tour"!) but $99 for a calculator that will probably see Shari through college? Nope. It's too much.

I agree! I only remember because Chad was getting clothes too, even though he was going to a private school, Shari got a ton of clothes and then ending up transferring to the private school a month or so into school even though she didn’t have uniforms, and as per usual Eve got lost!
Lolislol26
Talker

Postby Lolislol26 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:

Lolislol26
Talker

Postby DrYoutube » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:46 am

OMG. The cookbook is out. 100 ways to ruin perfectly good food by the Griffiths family. I have never seen any of them cook anything edible. So lets do a cookbook. They all started out pretty decent people. Now they are just delusional. I look forward to seeing your reaction 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
DrYoutube
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 am

DrYoutube wrote:OMG. The cookbook is out. 100 ways to ruin perfectly good food by the Griffiths family. I have never seen any of them cook anything edible. So lets do a cookbook. They all started out pretty decent people. Now they are just delusional. I look forward to seeing your reaction 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
So how many recipes have cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup?

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Mieke » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 am

lmmomSD wrote:
DrYoutube wrote:OMG. The cookbook is out. 100 ways to ruin perfectly good food by the Griffiths family. I have never seen any of them cook anything edible. So lets do a cookbook. They all started out pretty decent people. Now they are just delusional. I look forward to seeing your reaction 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
So how many recipes have cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup?

All of them! I do want to mention, it's not like Bollie totally overpriced and 20 dollars is not a lot of money. Not that I would EVER buy it!

Mieke
Talker

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 am

Eve playing in the toilet was really really gross. Ruby, put down the camera and start watching what your kids are doing!
And Abby is 11, she should know that it's not cool to do it, she should say something instead of encouraging Eve to keep playing...
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby natalka81 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:55 am

It was absolutely revolting to see Eve playing in the toilet. There was nothing cute AT ALL about that. Eve is a great little kid, she's shown huge improvement in her swimming lessons, she's bright, and she's social. WHY does Ruby have to show her mucking about in the toilet?
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby username320 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:Eve playing in the toilet was really really gross. Ruby, put down the camera and start watching what your kids are doing!
And Abby is 11, she should know that it's not cool to do it, she should say something instead of encouraging Eve to keep playing...

It's not her job to parent, and she knows how temperamental Eve is, I think the blame is all Ruby's here.
username320
Amateur

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:23 am

username320 wrote:
pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:Eve playing in the toilet was really really gross. Ruby, put down the camera and start watching what your kids are doing!

It's not her job to parent, and she knows how temperamental Eve is, I think the blame is all Ruby's here.

Yes, she isn't the parent but she's 11, she should know better and say something. Or at least tell Ruby what's happening.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby frostedlemonade » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 pm

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
username320 wrote:

Yes, she isn't the parent but she's 11, she should know better and say something. Or at least tell Ruby what's happening.

If Ruby was my mother, I'd let all non-life-threatening mischievousness slide. Abby would've gotten the blame somehow.
frostedlemonade
Amateur

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers