• Advertisement
    

8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Namm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

Aurielle wrote:
Lauralou_15 wrote:Does anyone else think she cut out a lot of Russell’s school report? All she told us was that he’s a really gorgeous kid (my opinion) in terms of being so sweet with making friends etc I was really super impressed by that and telling us how he’s polite and things like that but nothing about his actual schooling? Whereas it sounds like Chad is a bit of a turd at school at least that’s what I got, none of the kids seem to be great with reading (minus eve and shari because we don’t know about them but I doubt Shari is behind on her reading the amount we know she reads!


Chad comes off as a total turd all the time, one of the boys I'd have avoided in school.


It's partly his mother's fault. He has built up anger in him besides being a typical teenager. Chad used to be her helper at home with the house chores and the younger kids when she kept him at home and fakingly home schooled him. It was tough for him so his reacting to that and other stuff that went on in his childhood. We must not forget the dictatorship these kids lived under.
Namm
Informer
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 1212 times

Advertisement

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby natalka81 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm

^ I agree that the parents are responsible for Chad's aggressive/show off behaviour but I think it's not as much because he was home-schooled and forced to do chores and stuff (although the homeschool didn't help I'm sure) but because he's been encouraged to act like a goof ball on camera. He's been set up to be hugely popular with his obsessive tween fans and he's a boy who is socialised in ways his sisters are not. I know this is really jargon-like and cliche, but I do think Chad is a perfect example of a kid who's been raised in a culture of toxic masculinity. I think he's a good guy and could potentially do great things in the world... but I really don't think a YouTube/social media career at age 12 will help him get there.
User avatar
natalka81
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:27 pm
Has thanked: 5406 times
Been thanked: 4667 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Riss9416 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Aurielle wrote:
Lauralou_15 wrote:Does anyone else think she cut out a lot of Russell’s school report? All she told us was that he’s a really gorgeous kid (my opinion) in terms of being so sweet with making friends etc I was really super impressed by that and telling us how he’s polite and things like that but nothing about his actual schooling? Whereas it sounds like Chad is a bit of a turd at school at least that’s what I got, none of the kids seem to be great with reading (minus eve and shari because we don’t know about them but I doubt Shari is behind on her reading the amount we know she reads!


Chad comes off as a total turd all the time, one of the boys I'd have avoided in school.


When she said powerful, I knew what she meant. I used to teach middle school. I hope that she really is encouraging him to make smart choices especially if 5 other kids will mimic his behavior in class if he does something disrespectful.
Riss9416
Amateur
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby ctx2002 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.

With her overall poor grades, she's reminding me of myself a bit when I was around her age (though I usually had a couple of A's to balance out a couple of C's). She seems like a smart, sweet kid who is more of the head-in-the-clouds type and not the most naturally organized, sit-down-and-study kind of person (opposite of Shari). Maybe Ruby could find a way for Shari to 'work' with Abby a little (in subtle, non-shaming ways) and see if some of Shari's own Type A personality can rub off on Abby over the school year.

I was glad to see Julie is really improving in math. Also, it was good of Ruby to make the point to Julie that she doesn't need to set goals of being 100% perfect on her schoolwork. More importantly, that Ruby doesn't expect perfection from her in terms of school. Julie seems to be the most sensitive and self-conscious of the kids, so she needs to hear things like that from mom.
ctx2002
Amateur
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby fossilfinger » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 pm

ctx2002 wrote:Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.


That's pretty bad, considering kids are supposed to be a bit above their grade level because if they're right at it they're just barely grasping the material. So being two years behind in reading could mean she isn't comprehending a large majority of what she reads. She may be able to physically read the words, but has a difficult time with comprehension or pronunciation.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm
Has thanked: 930 times
Been thanked: 6036 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Riss9416 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm

ctx2002 wrote:Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.

With her overall poor grades, she's reminding me of myself a bit when I was around her age (though I usually had a couple of A's to balance out a couple of C's). She seems like a smart, sweet kid who is more of the head-in-the-clouds type and not the most naturally organized, sit-down-and-study kind of person (opposite of Shari). Maybe Ruby could find a way for Shari to 'work' with Abby a little (in subtle, non-shaming ways) and see if some of Shari's own Type A personality can rub off on Abby over the school year.

I was glad to see Julie is really improving in math. Also, it was good of Ruby to make the point to Julie that she doesn't need to set goals of being 100% perfect on her schoolwork. More importantly, that Ruby doesn't expect perfection from her in terms of school. Julie seems to be the most sensitive and self-conscious of the kids, so she needs to hear things like that from mom.


Her reading level may have been based on a standardized test. She is in sixth grade and tbh it isn't weird for students to be two grade levels behind in reading or a year ahead. Probably just depends on how she did on the test(s).
Riss9416
Amateur
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Lolislol26 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Riss9416 wrote:
ctx2002 wrote:Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.

With her overall poor grades, she's reminding me of myself a bit when I was around her age (though I usually had a couple of A's to balance out a couple of C's). She seems like a smart, sweet kid who is more of the head-in-the-clouds type and not the most naturally organized, sit-down-and-study kind of person (opposite of Shari). Maybe Ruby could find a way for Shari to 'work' with Abby a little (in subtle, non-shaming ways) and see if some of Shari's own Type A personality can rub off on Abby over the school year.

I was glad to see Julie is really improving in math. Also, it was good of Ruby to make the point to Julie that she doesn't need to set goals of being 100% perfect on her schoolwork. More importantly, that Ruby doesn't expect perfection from her in terms of school. Julie seems to be the most sensitive and self-conscious of the kids, so she needs to hear things like that from mom.


Her reading level may have been based on a standardized test. She is in sixth grade and tbh it isn't weird for students to be two grade levels behind in reading or a year ahead. Probably just depends on how she did on the test(s).


I disagree. If she is 2 reading levels behind she needs extra help and a tutor. That is not normal.
Lolislol26
Talker
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 1460 times
Been thanked: 1060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby crowmtmom78 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
Riss9416 wrote:
ctx2002 wrote:Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.

With her overall poor grades, she's reminding me of myself a bit when I was around her age (though I usually had a couple of A's to balance out a couple of C's). She seems like a smart, sweet kid who is more of the head-in-the-clouds type and not the most naturally organized, sit-down-and-study kind of person (opposite of Shari). Maybe Ruby could find a way for Shari to 'work' with Abby a little (in subtle, non-shaming ways) and see if some of Shari's own Type A personality can rub off on Abby over the school year.

I was glad to see Julie is really improving in math. Also, it was good of Ruby to make the point to Julie that she doesn't need to set goals of being 100% perfect on her schoolwork. More importantly, that Ruby doesn't expect perfection from her in terms of school. Julie seems to be the most sensitive and self-conscious of the kids, so she needs to hear things like that from mom.


Her reading level may have been based on a standardized test. She is in sixth grade and tbh it isn't weird for students to be two grade levels behind in reading or a year ahead. Probably just depends on how she did on the test(s).


I disagree. If she is 2 reading levels behind she needs extra help and a tutor. That is not normal.
Actually, it is quite normal for schools in states like Utah or even Alabama. I know in public schools, at least here in Alabama, they would be doing intervention, especially if she doesn't improve.
I worry that she won't get the help she needs in private school or will fall further behind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
User avatar
crowmtmom78
Informer
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 am
Has thanked: 18140 times
Been thanked: 2060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby crowmtmom78 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
Riss9416 wrote:
ctx2002 wrote:Isn't Abby in 6th grade? So she's two grade levels behind in reading? I find that a bit odd, because I remember seeing quite a while back (like a year ago) little moments of her where she would be reading the Harry Potter books, which aren't advanced but they aren't elementary level either, I assume. Even she seemed genuinely surprised at hearing that.

With her overall poor grades, she's reminding me of myself a bit when I was around her age (though I usually had a couple of A's to balance out a couple of C's). She seems like a smart, sweet kid who is more of the head-in-the-clouds type and not the most naturally organized, sit-down-and-study kind of person (opposite of Shari). Maybe Ruby could find a way for Shari to 'work' with Abby a little (in subtle, non-shaming ways) and see if some of Shari's own Type A personality can rub off on Abby over the school year.

I was glad to see Julie is really improving in math. Also, it was good of Ruby to make the point to Julie that she doesn't need to set goals of being 100% perfect on her schoolwork. More importantly, that Ruby doesn't expect perfection from her in terms of school. Julie seems to be the most sensitive and self-conscious of the kids, so she needs to hear things like that from mom.


Her reading level may have been based on a standardized test. She is in sixth grade and tbh it isn't weird for students to be two grade levels behind in reading or a year ahead. Probably just depends on how she did on the test(s).


I disagree. If she is 2 reading levels behind she needs extra help and a tutor. That is not normal.
Actually, it is quite normal for schools in states like Utah or even Alabama. I know in public schools, at least here in Alabama, they would be doing intervention, especially if she doesn't improve.
I worry that she won't get the help she needs in private school or will fall further behind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
User avatar
crowmtmom78
Informer
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 am
Has thanked: 18140 times
Been thanked: 2060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 am

I don't think private schools have to do standardized tests because they don't receive public funds. I really DO wonder what this school's reputation is. Isn't it a Mormon school??

Sometimes kids are good at reading OR math and not both. But they seem to have a lot of issues in a lot of areas. I think one of the problems is that Ruby is probably in charge of helping them with schoolwork - and she's pretty dumb. It's too bad their dad is away from home a lot. I think he'd be the better parent to be involved with their studies. He's definitely a better example. Ruby dropped out of college the second she got a husband. :|

Also, not everyone needs to go to college, but to say things about not going to college in front of young kids seems to seal their fate. That says to me that Rudy doesn't really care about their education at all. It's that way with ALL the Griffiths, which is really sad. Aside from Julie (but not by much), the Griffiths sisters are just stereotypical uneducated housewives.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1474 times
Been thanked: 9845 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Tiger27 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:22 am

ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think private schools have to do standardized tests because they don't receive public funds. I really DO wonder what this school's reputation is. Isn't it a Mormon school??

Sometimes kids are good at reading OR math and not both. But they seem to have a lot of issues in a lot of areas. I think one of the problems is that Ruby is probably in charge of helping them with schoolwork - and she's pretty dumb. It's too bad their dad is away from home a lot. I think he'd be the better parent to be involved with their studies. He's definitely a better example. Ruby dropped out of college the second she got a husband. :|

Also, not everyone needs to go to college, but to say things about not going to college in front of young kids seems to seal their fate. That says to me that Rudy doesn't really care about their education at all. It's that way with ALL the Griffiths, which is really sad. Aside from Julie (but not by much), the Griffiths sisters are just stereotypical uneducated housewives.


Ruby has explained before that she is extremely hands off when it comes to school work. I believe it was Abby who nearly failed a fourth grade class because she never did her homework and Ruby wasn’t monitoring it all at home. Chad had a similar issue with not completing any work until right before the semester was ending. Her philosophy was something along the lines of, the kids need to learn what failing feels like so they’ll be motivated to do the work themselves. Clearly that’s working out really well for Abby. Get the girl a tutor. Sit down with her and actually make her homework is getting done and being done right. I think Ruby made up this whole hands off homework philosophy out of laziness...she doesn’t want o put in the time and effort tool make sure each kid is succeeding in school. She expects them all to be Shari’s but they definitely aren’t.

I also think it’s pretty awkward that Russell is behind in reading when he had two years of kindergarten!! Granted, one was faked by Ruby and she gave up a couple weeks in, but her biggest spiel in the beginning was how excited she was to teach him to read. No reason he shouldn’t be on track.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger27
Informer
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 1392 times
Been thanked: 2329 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby AlexVause » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:33 am

In a way keeping your kids uneducated is a way to keep the Mormon faith alive.
My friend was Mormon, left the bubble he lived in, got into a decent college, LEARNED what the world was about... and left the LDS. He always tells how it's amazing to him the insane sh*t his family believes and how he did so himself because he was so sheltered. He says he'd have a wife he doesn't love and a dozen kids by now and I'm pretty sure he's right.
I should mention that I'm not hating on LDS, this happens with all religions though and also in politics... keeping people as uneducated as possible so that you can influence them.
User avatar
AlexVause
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Lolislol26 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:58 am

ewokfan11 wrote:I don't think private schools have to do standardized tests because they don't receive public funds. I really DO wonder what this school's reputation is. Isn't it a Mormon school??

Sometimes kids are good at reading OR math and not both. But they seem to have a lot of issues in a lot of areas. I think one of the problems is that Ruby is probably in charge of helping them with schoolwork - and she's pretty dumb. It's too bad their dad is away from home a lot. I think he'd be the better parent to be involved with their studies. He's definitely a better example. Ruby dropped out of college the second she got a husband. :|

Also, not everyone needs to go to college, but to say things about not going to college in front of young kids seems to seal their fate. That says to me that Rudy doesn't really care about their education at all. It's that way with ALL the Griffiths, which is really sad. Aside from Julie (but not by much), the Griffiths sisters are just stereotypical uneducated housewives.


Shari made a video about it on her channel. Is not actually a Mormon school, it just happens to be that the majority of the students come from Mormon homes. Also, she said that in her old school she barely had to study because it was easy for her and did not take a lot of effort to get A’s; she said this school is the complete opposite. She studies/ works on homework for hours and hours. She said that she only does well because she memories material rather than actually learning it. I do think the rest of the kids are going to struggle as they closer to middle school and high school.
Lolislol26
Talker
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 1460 times
Been thanked: 1060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Spillthattea » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am

There's a video on Chad's channel, I believe, in which Abby was struggling to write basic words. I hope she gets the help she needs. I struggled as a child with reading and writing too so I sympathize with the struggle.
Spillthattea
Talker
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 am
Has thanked: 653 times
Been thanked: 628 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Namm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:19 am

Spillthattea wrote:There's a video on Chad's channel, I believe, in which Abby was struggling to write basic words. I hope she gets the help she needs. I struggled as a child with reading and writing too so I sympathize with the struggle.


She either needs glasses or has dyslexia, just like the J house daughter. Abbie isn't dumb, she's proven to be very intelligent and a good thinker but the stay at home parent who should be directing her doesn't care, so neither does Abbie because she's still young and needs someone to push her forward.
Namm
Informer
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 1212 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby sasperillo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:28 am

I think Abby being grouped with Julie for so long didn’t help her grow intellectually. She reads but she always has seemed “slower” than her siblings and other kids her age- there have been so many vlog segments where Abby didn’t know something really basic or didn’t understand something very simple. I always chalked it up to naïveté but if you look back at the old vlogs when Shari was barely older than Abby is now you notice that she was leaps and bounds ahead of her sister. I hate saying this but I think her family isn’t taking it seriously because she fits a “ditsy pretty girl” stereotype that Ruby embraces completely for herself. This is such a delicate time in Abby’s life and a stage where pretty girls who aren’t good at school sometimes learn that they should just focus on their looks instead of their mind à la Ellie. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to Abby. She sincerely seems like a sweet child.
sasperillo
Gossiper
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 3336 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Namm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 am

AlexVause wrote:In a way keeping your kids uneducated is a way to keep the Mormon faith alive.
My friend was Mormon, left the bubble he lived in, got into a decent college, LEARNED what the world was about... and left the LDS. He always tells how it's amazing to him the insane sh*t his family believes and how he did so himself because he was so sheltered. He says he'd have a wife he doesn't love and a dozen kids by now and I'm pretty sure he's right.
I should mention that I'm not hating on LDS, this happens with all religions though and also in politics... keeping people as uneducated as possible so that you can influence them.


Ruby isn't that dumb, dumb. She doesn't want to raise children who question to much. Her children are compared to her sister's kids, naturally smart and curious so she does what she can to prevent that from progressing to much. Julie used to anger her with all her questioning. The less they learn and know, the better for Ruby and the religion but I think that internet is going to be a challenge for Ruby in that area.
Namm
Informer
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 1212 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Lolislol26 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Namm wrote:
AlexVause wrote:In a way keeping your kids uneducated is a way to keep the Mormon faith alive.
My friend was Mormon, left the bubble he lived in, got into a decent college, LEARNED what the world was about... and left the LDS. He always tells how it's amazing to him the insane sh*t his family believes and how he did so himself because he was so sheltered. He says he'd have a wife he doesn't love and a dozen kids by now and I'm pretty sure he's right.
I should mention that I'm not hating on LDS, this happens with all religions though and also in politics... keeping people as uneducated as possible so that you can influence them.


Ruby isn't that dumb, dumb. She doesn't want to raise children who question to much. Her children are compared to her sister's kids, naturally smart and curious so she does what she can to prevent that from progressing to much. Julie used to anger her with all her questioning. The less they learn and know, the better for Ruby and the religion but I think that internet is going to be a challenge for Ruby in that area.


I completely agree. Julie is a smart, independent, critical thinker and that angers Ruby. I think Julie will be the one to venture off first. Whether it’s leaving the religion or not; she has a ton of questions.
Lolislol26
Talker
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 1460 times
Been thanked: 1060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Riss9416 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
Riss9416 wrote:.


I disagree. If she is 2 reading levels behind she needs extra help and a tutor. That is not normal.


Private schools don’t take state testing but they do take other tests, just not as often throughout the year. How else would they be able gage(sp?) their reading levels that they use? Also test scores are also used to see how private schools compare to one another.
In the majority of classroom you find kids in so many different grade levels than the actual one they are in. There are kids in fifth grade that can do math on sixth grade level but still reading on a third or fourth grade level. It’s not uncommon.

*sorry for the format of the comment, I didn’t want to include 3 other posts
Riss9416
Amateur
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Lolislol26 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Riss9416 wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:
Riss9416 wrote:.


I disagree. If she is 2 reading levels behind she needs extra help and a tutor. That is not normal.


Private schools don’t take state testing but they do take other tests, just not as often throughout the year. How else would they be able gage(sp?) their reading levels that they use? Also test scores are also used to see how private schools compare to one another.
In the majority of classroom you find kids in so many different grade levels than the actual one they are in. There are kids in fifth grade that can do math on sixth grade level but still reading on a third or fourth grade level. It’s not uncommon.

*sorry for the format of the comment, I didn’t want to include 3 other posts


I understand that but if she’s two grades behind she needs extra help. Whether it’s with reading its self or the comprehension part. It’s not normal for someone to talk about how poor their children do in school (whether it’s academics or behavior) then do nothing about it. To me, that is neglectful.
Lolislol26
Talker
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 1460 times
Been thanked: 1060 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby jennjenn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 pm

The hands-off approach to homework bothers me so much. You have to at least get the kid off to a good start before you try and walk away. Teach them how to be organized and use a calendar (ha... I guess someone else will have to teach them this), teach them how to do work properly, and show them that school is important by having good attendance. Help them make a checklist of the daily tasks they need to do. Yes, it takes time and effort... but it is a small investment that pays huge dividends in their future.

To already be a year or two behind at this early age, when there don't appear to be any learning difficulties present, is very sad and -- in my humble opinion -- an indictment of the parents.
jennjenn
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:25 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:16 am

I take back what I said about Julie being the "smart" Griffiths sister. In her vlog today she said she failed history twice in college when she was clearly talking about geography. FFS, they are all dumb as ROCKS!

I really hope the next generation turns out more educated, but as moms all the Griffiths sisters FAIL when it comes to being advocates for education. As someone else has said, it's almost like they WANT the kids to be uneducated. That's pathetic.

I think Shari is the only Franke kid who will finish college. That's sad for a family with a college professor as the father.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1474 times
Been thanked: 9845 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby emilynxlan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Is Ruby thick?! She didn't cover the name of the school in the "I Talked to Your Teacher" video :oops: which is pretty much a way for people to find out more about the family...
emilynxlan
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:24 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Kryptonite » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:I take back what I said about Julie being the "smart" Griffiths sister. In her vlog today she said she failed history twice in college when she was clearly talking about geography.


To be fair, Julie still is the smartest Griffiths sister despite failing history twice! That's telling.


Unfortunately education doesn't seem to be a priority for the women in the Griffiths family. However, Beau was expected to further his education to provide for his family. It's a massive double standard.

It makes me laugh that Ruby intends to head back to school once Eve is in elementary school to obtain a degree in education so that she can begin a teaching career. Her own children are behind! While I'm aware that Utah's standards aren't up to par, there's no reason that children with a stay at home parent and parents with a nice income should be behind. If Ruby isn't capable of helping them she needs to invest in a tutor. It's obvious that her hands off approach to school isn't working.
#StayPuffy

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 7130 times

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby whimsy7 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Have they mentioned anything more about the health of Nolly recently?

Today's vlog not only broke my heart but it also completely enraged me to see the struggle Nolly was having while trying to walk on the patio behind Eve. Are they still not seeking veterinary care for her? I know there were lots of issue and concern a short while ago at the fact they weren't doing anything about her health.

As someone who works with dogs every day, it absolutely pains me to watch that. The poor girl :'( (and yes, I did create an account just to write this....however, i've been a lurker for quite some time, so I'm sure i'll be joining in from now on)
whimsy7
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:07 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement