• Advertisement

8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 am

Harry_Potterfan wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:Regarding Shari’s intestine surgery...she literally says in the video she had to have a few inches of her intestines cut out and then was switched from breast milk to a “nasty gross formula milk instead of the normal breast milk so maybe I didn’t get the nutrients I needed at that age so maybe that stunted my growth” all said with a confused look on her face, she’s literally just hypothesizing on that one. No doctor ever told her that and medically, that surgery or being formula fed shouldn’t have had any effect on her growth.

Maybe Shari, your parents overproduced and could afford to feed you a balanced diet so your growth was stunted??

Or maybe the just lost the genetics lottery in that category. Either way, she’s handling the situation now with Eve poorly. Feeding her cream to help her grow taller?! Seriously? How about seeing a pediatrician and discussing your concerns with a medical professional first. Determine if there’s even a real problem, then develop an actually healthy plan to tackle that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What surgery did she have
She had what's called an intussusception, where the intestines kind of telescope in on themselves. So they have to take out the section that is involved.
I don't see why breast milk would be contraindicated, it's the best thing for babies. But it's been a while since I practiced as a nurse. But I had part of my small intestine out and only had to have a special diet for about a month.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Catface2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 am

I think Shari and Eve have a form of dwarfism. I’ve worked with little people in my life and they look like they have some of the same physical characteristics. There are many kinds of dwarfism. They should see a dr.
Catface2
Talker

Postby BananasBananas » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 am

What would they do if Eve had something like celiac disease and had to follow a strict gluten free diet to thrive? It would be good content but think of the Oreos!
Idk between her and russels tininess, tiredness, and Ellie’s thyroid issues and health stuff, it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if they had a predisposition to malabsorbtion.
BananasBananas
Talker

Postby natalka81 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 am

Is it normal for parents to allow their kids to make irritating prank calls and video them? It seems incredibly obnoxious and disrespectful to me. Am I a prude?
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby missbelle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 am

natalka81 wrote:Is it normal for parents to allow their kids to make irritating prank calls and video them? It seems incredibly obnoxious and disrespectful to me. Am I a prude?

Ruby's complete personality/parenting change is so bizarre. She would make her kids wake up at 5am to practice their music and do chores and emphasized being respectful and having good character but now its all about whatever makes a good video to impress 12 years olds. Its super disrespectful, but since theyre just retail workers and not YOUTUBERS who cares about wasting their time :roll:
missbelle
Amateur

Postby natalka81 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:03 am

missbelle wrote:
natalka81 wrote:Is it normal for parents to allow their kids to make irritating prank calls and video them? It seems incredibly obnoxious and disrespectful to me. Am I a prude?

Ruby's complete personality/parenting change is so bizarre. She would make her kids wake up at 5am to practice their music and do chores and emphasized being respectful and having good character but now its all about whatever makes a good video to impress 12 years olds. Its super disrespectful, but since theyre just retail workers and not YOUTUBERS who cares about wasting their time :roll:

Yeah, the more I think about it (and for some reason I've been thinking about it a lot) the more I find it infuriating.
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby DrYoutube » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:40 am

I have not watched in awhile. However reading some comments here made me curious. Ruby stop pulling that damn camera out every time one of your kids has a crisis. STOP feeding your kids GARBAGE with ZERO NUTRIENTS!! Take every one of your kids to a counselor . Russell needs help. Your other kids act out because they need attention. Kevin grow some balls . As an educator you dont see any warning signs that some of your kids have learning disabilities??? You guys are not bad people,just incredibly ignorant. Ruby you put out a cookbook but I would not feed my dog what you make. I finally had to shut off the video when Ruby is running into see why Shari is crying with the camera in her face. All the Griffith girls are in serious need of a reality check.
DrYoutube
Amateur

Postby kates_crush » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm

how come they don't post regualr vlogs, you know a full day, they post little snip its. like one day will be broken up into two or three vlogs or they will film them doing one thing for 10 mins and make that the whole vlog?? it's really annoying.
kates_crush
Talker

Postby Catface2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:51 am

Does Eve have a lazy eye? I’ve been wondering for a while now...I think her Aunt Julie and Julie’s oldest daughter does too. Does anybody else see what I’m seeing? In today’s vlog when Eve is on the counter I really noticed it...look around 3:15 mark
Catface2
Talker

Postby ctx2002 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:01 am

Catface2 wrote:Does Eve have a lazy eye? I’ve been wondering for a while now...I think her Aunt Julie and Julie’s oldest daughter does too. Does anybody else see what I’m seeing? In today’s vlog when Eve is on the counter I really noticed it...look around 3:15 mark

I don't watch much of Eve, but I don't really notice a lazy eye there. When she looks to the side it looks like both her eyes are 'even' in terms of how far they move. If she has one, it's not an obvious one to me, where one eye is actively looking to the side but another eye remains more centered.
ctx2002
Amateur

Postby Kryptonite » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Catface2 wrote:I think Shari and Eve have a form of dwarfism. I’ve worked with little people in my life and they look like they have some of the same physical characteristics. There are many kinds of dwarfism. They should see a dr.

I really doubt that they have a form of dwarfism, but completely agree that (at least for Eve) they should consult a doctor.

I tend to believe that their stature could be the result of an unbalanced diet.
#StayPuffy

Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby Sweetiebee » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 pm

I feel like being malnourished has more symptoms than just slow or limited growth. It could be something to do with hormones or maybe they're just short. Maybe there are some recessive genes they could have picked up.
Sweetiebee
Informer

Postby sasperillo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 am

kates_crush wrote:how come they don't post regualr vlogs, you know a full day, they post little snip its. like one day will be broken up into two or three vlogs or they will film them doing one thing for 10 mins and make that the whole vlog?? it's really annoying.

Because all her kids are in school all day and I bet that most of them have rebelled and don’t agree to be filmed anymore. She gets views even for crappy 10 minute snippets which are easier to make so she goes with that. Most of her viewers are young children who don’t really care or notice.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby lip » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:46 am

Way over line. If I would catch my daughters doing this their phones would be emergency-only restricted for days.
lip
Amateur

Postby natalka81 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:28 pm

Wow. That music video! Reminds me of the commercials for the LDS church that were on tv when I was a kid. Also, Julie's role was to play the kid who opened the card that said "You stink". Lucky her.
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby emilynxlan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Glad the video shows the perfect family they try to portray! :rofl:
emilynxlan
Wallflower

Postby sasperillo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:04 pm

What? Why? What the hell.
What’s the point of that video? The song sounds like what you’d put in the background of a shower gel commercial as to not distract from the voice overlay. I don’t see anyone downloading it, not even the kids with no taste in music who will rush to download autotune crap by “famous” kids. The video is.. a long cereal commercial. Why did they do this? It’s so completely pointless. I bet they could have made bank with the older kids singing a xmas carol, but this... wow.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:50 pm

It was very odd. Who is the singer? Like are they trying to promote a friend’s music? I just don’t understand why that song. Or what the aim of this music video is supposed to be? Come watch our wholesome family vlogging channel? As lots of commenters are pointing out, it looks like a car commercial. That video isn’t going to appeal to their main audience of preteens, accept maybe the end where they were goofing around. And I agree, the first thing I thought with Julie was of course Julie has to be the bullied one. And Ruby looks ridiculous in the thumbnail with the oven mitts at the harp and that luny smile.

Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby Kataja » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 am

The music video was well recorded. Good lighting, smooth flow. However, it was like commercial for their ''picture perfect family''. The song and the video didn't connect in my opinion. I couldn't understand why just showing their family during the entire video would be necessary, snippets here and there, but the entire video? No singer at all? What I think was missing, was the connection between the singer, the song and the video.

I understand that in some music videos you aren't trying to show the dirty side of the life but to be honest, no matter how ''reall' Ruby tries to portray her family, she still tries to act like this all sacrificing mother. In the reality, she's got only one kid home anymore (and she is also attending school of some sort) and she still struggles with simple schedules. Picking kids up at the right time, writing down appointments, school activities, football games, not only writing down but remembering to be there etc. I think one would learn already. So many sad unnecessary disappointments for kids. I hope they won't grow up to have trust issues. I understand the feeling lazy and wanting to wear pajamas all day but at the same time, don't pretend like you are doing your absolute best for your kids. I may sound harsh and I feel that I'm harsh but I'm so fed up with her excuses. Lady, if you are too tired to take care of yourself (or your kids), seek out help!
Kataja
Talker

Postby skrt09 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 am

natalka81 wrote:Wow. That music video! Reminds me of the commercials for the LDS church that were on tv when I was a kid. Also, Julie's role was to play the kid who opened the card that said "You stink". Lucky her.

The scenes in the video were reenactments of "real life events" (Julie being bullied, Chad getting bad grades). Poor kids. Ruby's role as the picture-perfect wholesome mother was very...fake. The video could definitely be a commercial. I wonder who filmed it.
skrt09
Amateur

Postby Tiger27 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 am

And who financed it? Did Ruby pay for this? Her manager/management company? The singer? A hidden sponsor? Like I just don’t get the point lol. It does an odd job of selling their channel and it isn’t going to entice a bunch of preteens or moms to come watch more...Bonnie’s “who we are in a minute” trailer thing was way cuter and did a better job explaining their channel.

Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 am

Kataja wrote:The music video was well recorded. Good lighting, smooth flow. However, it was like commercial for their ''picture perfect family''. The song and the video didn't connect in my opinion. I couldn't understand why just showing their family during the entire video would be necessary, snippets here and there, but the entire video? No singer at all? What I think was missing, was the connection between the singer, the song and the video.

I understand that in some music videos you aren't trying to show the dirty side of the life but to be honest, no matter how ''reall' Ruby tries to portray her family, she still tries to act like this all sacrificing mother. In the reality, she's got only one kid home anymore (and she is also attending school of some sort) and she still struggles with simple schedules. Picking kids up at the right time, writing down appointments, school activities, football games, not only writing down but remembering to be there etc. I think one would learn already. So many sad unnecessary disappointments for kids. I hope they won't grow up to have trust issues. I understand the feeling lazy and wanting to wear pajamas all day but at the same time, don't pretend like you are doing your absolute best for your kids. I may sound harsh and I feel that I'm harsh but I'm so fed up with her excuses. Lady, if you are too tired to take care of yourself (or your kids), seek out help!
She'll probably start going to Ellie's chiropractor.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kataja » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:02 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Kataja wrote:The music video was well recorded. Good lighting, smooth flow. However, it was like commercial for their ''picture perfect family''. The song and the video didn't connect in my opinion. I couldn't understand why just showing their family during the entire video would be necessary, snippets here and there, but the entire video? No singer at all? What I think was missing, was the connection between the singer, the song and the video.

She'll probably start going to Ellie's chiropractor.

Haha, I should have specified that Seek out PROPER help! :D As always, Wikipedia as a source, I don't think chiropractors are the best help for any medical problems... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic
Kataja
Talker

Postby freshbalsam » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Ruby is a moron. Telling Eve that her body hurts because she’s been eating food. If Ruby wants her to eat more, it would be smart to refrain from telling her that it will hurt her.
freshbalsam
Gossiper

Postby Sweetiebee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 pm

freshbalsam wrote:Ruby is a moron. Telling Eve that her body hurts because she’s been eating food. If Ruby wants her to eat more, it would be smart to refrain from telling her that it will hurt her.

Yea that was not a good idea!!
Sweetiebee
Informer

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers