• Advertisement

8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Tmmymcdaniel12345 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

kcri wrote:I am floored. Ruby completely lives in this imaginary bubble where nothing ever goes wrong and no one has bad intentions. God forbid something ever happens to Eve when she's off doing her own thing at 5 years old. I had an old neighbor like this. She would let her 2 year old play outside alone near a busy street and would say "She will be fine out there because God is watching over her."

I really think Ruby was a very good mom.Before she got famous on YouTube.She is turning in a airhead mother The kids can take care of themselves.All she cares about is YouTube.There is something going to happen with Eve running off that something dangerous is going to happen.It has gotten out where they go to school.I feel bad for these kids.I bet they feel they actors and actresses and living in this fantasy world.
Tmmymcdaniel12345
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby natalka81 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm

I stopped watching today's vlog when Ruby referred to a new laptop as a "cool little present" her kids would get after school. Like milk and cookies and a computer. No big deal.
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby lip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 am

The last vlog eh I mean Advert was absolute shite. Half of the run time was just Rubys extreme-red lipstick mouth, the other half was the kids doing awful scripted acting.
The bit when she "gogogo"-forced her kids into those stupid striped pijamas made my daughters and me cringe so utterly hard.

It seems there is only a certain time frame in family vlogging until the cute view into another family life turns into a perverted consumerism farce. 8 passengers has reached the end of that time frame by now. So we unsubscribed. - We are now watching the in relation "normal" Alvey family (The good bits) (viewtopic.php?f=195&t=13704).
lip
Amateur

Postby Myoungs13 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:25 am

What scares me about Eve going missing like that is it only takes one creep on the internet to see that this happens almost everytime Eve is out in public. Ruby lets her wonder off wherever she wants, never checking on her. It only takes one time, for someone to grab her and run off and be LONG gone before Ruby even cares enough to check on or find her. Ruby used to be a pretty decent mom before she started collecting her YT check. Now almost everytime I watch a video I cannot help but cringe.
Myoungs13

8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Postby Tiger27 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Ruby has some strong points compared to her sisters pre-YouTube in the mom department, although I think she was hyper focused on perfection. She’s gone from one extreme to another. But I’ll never get over Russell’s broken femur going unchecked for a week. Sorry, that negates her ability to be classified a decent mom in those early years in my book...by the time YouTube started the chaos had calmed. She sure as hell would have gotten a call to CPS if I was the nurse caring for Russell in that ER. She over produced *on purpose* (let’s not forget the countless miscarriages) and was unable to provide the time, energy, money, or emotional support to some of those kids for years. There’s so much evidence of this (Julie’s soft spot, not bathing the little ones, her supposed pill issue), I can only imagine what she hasn’t shared with us. That’s irresponsible and in my book, shows complete selfishness, not a loving, dedicated mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby Bobbityfo1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Omg I didn't realise Eve is 5 now!! I haven't been watching, is she still going to that preschool at the house? Where I live you are 5 at the end of your first year at school and legally need to be in full time education by then anyway.
Bobbityfo1
Amateur

Postby Tmmymcdaniel12345 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 am

Bobbityfo1 wrote:Omg I didn't realise Eve is 5 now!! I haven't been watching, is she still going to that preschool at the house? Where I live you are 5 at the end of your first year at school and legally need to be in full time education by then anyway.

I agree that she should be in Kindergarten.She is so ready.But Ruby wanted to distance Russell and Eve.Russell would be in 2 nd grade.Eve would be in Kindergarten next year.I think it was a stupid idea.Why would you hold your kid back.When they are clearly ready.
Tmmymcdaniel12345
Amateur

Postby Ducklings4 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 pm

I thought Eve turned 5 after the cut off date for kindergarten. I guess their school doesn’t do a PreK or did not want to spend the money.

Ducklings4
True Gossiper

Postby Mieke » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:I thought Eve turned 5 after the cut off date for kindergarten. I guess their school doesn’t do a PreK or did not want to spend the money.

She is just old enough to be in Kindergarten this year. But Ruby made the stupid comment that she would be the oldest of her class. I don't get why she couldn't go because of that, someone has to be the oldest

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Mieke
Talker

Postby Tiger27 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Ruby’s full of ridiculous excuses for why Eve is not in kindergarten. We all know the real reason is because she needed a kid home during the days so she would have content to film for the vlogs. I predict some major schedule changes or another kid “needing” to be homeschooled next year so she can find a way to get more vlog content when al the kids are in school next year.

Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Mieke wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:I thought Eve turned 5 after the cut off date for kindergarten. I guess their school doesn’t do a PreK or did not want to spend the money.

She is just old enough to be in Kindergarten this year. But Ruby made the stupid comment that she would be the oldest of her class. I don't get why she couldn't go because of that, someone has to be the oldest

I would imagine she wants her to be the oldest, if she had started this year, she would have been the youngest. She has always been the youngest in her family, so she really would not know a difference if she was the youngest. I was just always under the impression she missed the deadline. I missed the part where she voluntarily held her back.

Ducklings4
True Gossiper

Postby Mieke » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:
Mieke wrote:

I would imagine she wants her to be the oldest, if she had started this year, she would have been the youngest. She has always been the youngest in her family, so she really would not know a difference if she was the youngest. I was just always under the impression she missed the deadline. I missed the part where she voluntarily held her back.

Oh sorry, my bad... youngest

Mieke
Talker

Postby Namm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 am

Ducklings4 wrote:
Mieke wrote:

She's been holding both Russel and Evie at home forever. Those who've watched them long enough know this. Ruby even tried to keep Chad at home again but he fought for his right to go back to school and I think his father supported Chad on that.
Evie isn't benefiting sitting at home but keeping Ruby company because Ruby said herself that she's going to feel lonely once all of her kids go to school.
Namm
Informer

Postby AlexVause » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:58 am

I am watching the conversation she had with Russell in the latest video and I was pleasantly surprised. My one criticism is that she said "it's ok to not be strong". She should have told him he IS strong in different ways (I mean, she did that overall, just not after she said he wasn't strong, if that makes sense). His little journal truly was adorable. I'm glad Chad showed up for the conversation as well and was mature about it.

Also, I agree I can't believe Eve is 5. She will be short like Shari for sure. :-o Good for her though that she is a fit little girl, despite the crap her mom feeds her.
AlexVause
Wallflower

Postby natalka81 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:08 am

I've always really liked Russell and I'm glad this video was made showing his great side. I remember one of the first videos I watched of the 8 Passengers was of Russell sitting at the kitchen counter helping his mother bake bread or cookies or something and getting teary because he was worried about his grandpa. It was so genuine and sweet.
Edit: If she is going to show these private moments for the whole public to see, I'm glad at least that she didn't record the whole meltdown and seemed to respect Russell's space and privacy for the most part.
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby Catface2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am

Russell punched his Dad...omg. That’s a no from me. He’d be getting a stern talking to and in his room to reflect on why that’s not ok. Kid needs redirect his anger. It’s only going to get worse. I think it was great of Ruby to Mother him...but he needs more help. Also..his teachers should be teaching him to use his finger to space out words he’s writing. I have high hopes for him..he just needs more help
Catface2
Talker

Postby Namm » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Catface2 wrote:Russell punched his Dad...omg. That’s a no from me. He’d be getting a stern talking to and in his room to reflect on why that’s not ok. Kid needs redirect his anger. It’s only going to get worse. I think it was great of Ruby to Mother him...but he needs more help. Also..his teachers should be teaching him to use his finger to space out words he’s writing. I have high hopes for him..he just needs more help

It's a no, no but the boy is frustrated about something and he' s not being heard as it seems.
Namm
Informer

Postby Catface2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:22 am

Did anyone get the vibe that the Griffiths sisters fight over everything? When Ruby was showing the music books she made a point to tell her sisters that these books she actually bought herself and they were not original Griffiths music books. I think those catty bitties fraught and squabbled over everything when younger..prob still do. They’re definitely jealous of each other. That’s probably why they are ALL on yt...competition
Catface2
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:56 am

Catface2 wrote:Did anyone get the vibe that the Griffiths sisters fight over everything? When Ruby was showing the music books she made a point to tell her sisters that these books she actually bought herself and they were not original Griffiths music books. I think those catty bitties fraught and squabbled over everything when younger..prob still do. They’re definitely jealous of each other. That’s probably why they are ALL on yt...competition
Oh yeah. Ellie is always putting Bonnie down and filming her from unflattering angles.
That "my sister is my _best_ friend" pap they shill is BS. I bet Jennifer set them against each other to compete for her attention.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby freshbalsam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 am

Looks like Ruby’s talk with Chad about teasing Russell went over well... not. When it was time to pick names for the gift exchange, Chad said about 5 times that he didn’t want to pick Russell and whoever picked him would have to get him a puzzle or something.

freshbalsam
Gossiper

Postby Catface2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:50 am

freshbalsam wrote:Looks like Ruby’s talk with Chad about teasing Russell went over well... not. When it was time to pick names for the gift exchange, Chad said about 5 times that he didn’t want to pick Russell and whoever picked him would have to get him a puzzle or something.

Ya..that was shitty. Best friends..lol...more like mortal enemies
Catface2
Talker

Postby Ckc717 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Catface2 wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:Looks like Ruby’s talk with Chad about teasing Russell went over well... not. When it was time to pick names for the gift exchange, Chad said about 5 times that he didn’t want to pick Russell and whoever picked him would have to get him a puzzle or something.

Siblings don’t have to be best friends. It seems like she forces the girls to be best friends and the boys to be best friends with each other. She has said before about how her daughters will be each other’s best friends for life like they don’t even have a choice. It seems like they aren’t even encouraged to have outside friends besides their siblings and cousins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ckc717
Talker

Postby Lolislol26 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Ckc717 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:

Siblings don’t have to be best friends. It seems like she forces the girls to be best friends and the boys to be best friends with each other. She has said before about how her daughters will be each other’s best friends for life like they don’t even have a choice. It seems like they aren’t even encouraged to have outside friends besides their siblings and cousins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like it’s like that because Ruby can’t control other kids or their parents. If she makes her kids each others only friends she thinks that none of them will stray away from the LDS and the family but in reality she is driving them further away from each other.
Lolislol26
Informer

Postby Catface2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 pm

If the kids stray away from the church, it’s their choice. Nobody can control that. She’s an idiot
Catface2
Talker

Postby Catface2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:54 pm

I also have to say, Kevin creeps me out. I feel like he tries to dress too hip for his age on the job..like he’s trying to be hot teacher for the young female students. Eww
Catface2
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers