8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: No Rules & Private Schools | Part 9

Post by natalka81 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm

I really think the appearance of the children is not the problem here. Even if they were unattractive (which I do not for one second think they are), they are being paraded on YouTube for thousands/millions of people to view every day whether they can really consent or not. They don't need to read about people on the internet saying they look "homely".
Sweetiebee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sweetiebee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Ruby PRETENDS that she is very intentional about how she disciplines Eve. In reality, Ruby is scared to make Eve UPSET. In fact, I just got home from the playground where i saw many young moms allowing THE KIDS to run the show. Mom says it's time to go, kid tells her No! Oh, ok, 5 more minutes then..... Ummmmm no. I don't know what is wrong with people. You're setting yourself AND your kid up for trouble by letting them get away with stuff or backing down to them constantly.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Post by Mieke » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Shari is so homely. Eve and her look exactly alike. Weird how genes work. Julie and Abby look like twins too.
i don’t think any of their girls are pretty. Poor shari needs some serious help with her skin. They need to fix the problem not just put makeup over the acne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that Shari needs to see a dermatologist and brush her hair but some people really struggle with acne. I think Julie will have acne issues too. Hopefully Ruby takes them to see a dermatologist but considering some of the kids were over due on shots I doubt she will.
I have struggled with acne from the age od12 until now. I have seen a dermatologist and my mom is a pharmacist, so I'm in great hands. It won't go away completely though, but the dermatologist prescribed my a antibiotic and a very powerful cream (epiduo). My acne around 16 looked a lot like Shari's acne now, so she should definitely have it checked out. Plus Ruby is a very bad role model as she has suggested multiple times she stinks or is filthy. I think Shari's acne could be helped a lot if she washed her face morning and night and got the right products for the pharmacist (not just some drugstore products).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 pm

natalka81 wrote:I really think the appearance of the children is not the problem here. Even if they were unattractive (which I do not for one second think they are), they are being paraded on YouTube for thousands/millions of people to view every day whether they can really consent or not. They don't need to read about people on the internet saying they look "homely".
I agree. Most people go through an awkward period as teenagers, and if you didn’t then you were lucky. That said, I don’t think there is anything homely about Ruby’s kids. I’m not a fan of hers, but I think the kids look fine. I don’t understand the need to pick at children’s looks. Aren’t we above playground bullying?

I’ve seen YTers change their looks and it doesn’t make them better people. Would everyone really like the kids better if they looked like “picture perfect” models and took professional selfies? No. We’d hate on how fake and materialistic they are obviously raised to be.

If they are dirty and unhygienic that’s one thing, but acne is a part of being a teen, and unfortunately these kids can’t just hide in their rooms until that phase is over. Millions re watching them go through it.

Happy Mommy 319
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happy Mommy 319 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:15 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:I really think the appearance of the children is not the problem here. Even if they were unattractive (which I do not for one second think they are), they are being paraded on YouTube for thousands/millions of people to view every day whether they can really consent or not. They don't need to read about people on the internet saying they look "homely".
I agree. Most people go through an awkward period as teenagers, and if you didn’t then you were lucky. That said, I don’t think there is anything homely about Ruby’s kids. I’m not a fan of hers, but I think the kids look fine. I don’t understand the need to pick at children’s looks. Aren’t we above playground bullying?

I’ve seen YTers change their looks and it doesn’t make them better people. Would everyone really like the kids better if they looked like “picture perfect” models and took professional selfies? No. We’d hate on how fake and materialistic they are obviously raised to be.

If they are dirty and unhygienic that’s one thing, but acne is a part of being a teen, and unfortunately these kids can’t just hide in their rooms until that phase is over. Millions re watching them go through it.

I should clarify myself. I don’t think they’re ugly. I meant pretty as in they never have their hair fixed or wear nice clothes. I have a huge problem when people don’t make their kids brush their hair or at least try to look presentable. they never look neat and clean like pretty little girls do. Olivia always looks pretty because Bonnie does her hair. And makes sure her outfits are very nice. Ruby could at least take the time to show her girls how to style their hair. Ruby looks presentable most of the time. I just couldn’t send my kid to school with her hair all messy and frizzy like they just rolled out of bed. It’s not my style. And for eve. Her hair is always done. But when it starts to fall out or when she sleeps in it and continues to wear it with it looking all crazy looks bad on ruby.

ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Post by ujvs_ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:48 pm

I was just waiting for a video about them bloody pocket knives causing an accident
Lolislol26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lolislol26 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Mieke wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote:i don’t think any of their girls are pretty. Poor shari needs some serious help with her skin. They need to fix the problem not just put makeup over the acne.

I agree that Shari needs to see a dermatologist and brush her hair but some people really struggle with acne. I think Julie will have acne issues too. Hopefully Ruby takes them to see a dermatologist but considering some of the kids were over due on shots I doubt she will.
I have struggled with acne from the age od12 until now. I have seen a dermatologist and my mom is a pharmacist, so I'm in great hands. It won't go away completely though, but the dermatologist prescribed my a antibiotic and a very powerful cream (epiduo). My acne around 16 looked a lot like Shari's acne now, so she should definitely have it checked out. Plus Ruby is a very bad role model as she has suggested multiple times she stinks or is filthy. I think Shari's acne could be helped a lot if she washed her face morning and night and got the right products for the pharmacist (not just some drugstore products).

I think the OP was referring more to Shari covering up her acne with makeup instead of seeing a dermatologist for it. In my opinion if Ruby made sure the kids left with their hair combed I wouldn’t think they looked like they just rolled out of bed. A couple months ago Shari mentioned in a vlog that she needed to brush her hair more because she looked homeless and Ruby laughed. With all of the skin cancer that is Ruby’s side of the family I would hope the whole family is seeing a dermatologist to be on the safe side.
Happy Mommy 319
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happy Mommy 319 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Lolislol26 wrote:
Mieke wrote:
Lolislol26 wrote: I agree that Shari needs to see a dermatologist and brush her hair but some people really struggle with acne. I think Julie will have acne issues too. Hopefully Ruby takes them to see a dermatologist but considering some of the kids were over due on shots I doubt she will.

I think the OP was referring more to Shari covering up her acne with makeup instead of seeing a dermatologist for it. In my opinion if Ruby made sure the kids left with their hair combed I wouldn’t think they looked like they just rolled out of bed. A couple months ago Shari mentioned in a vlog that she needed to brush her hair more because she looked homeless and Ruby laughed. With all of the skin cancer that is Ruby’s side of the family I would hope the whole family is seeing a dermatologist to be on the safe side.
that’s what I was trying to say but it came out poorly. She needs to be washing her face daily. Even if she only does it once a day. Maybe I’m too obsessed with what people think of me. I would rather my family look put together than my kids looking “homeless” and me look good.

Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Post by Kjr123 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 pm

I don’t see sharis acne as bad though? maybe a couple little spots but definitely not bad. She has a lot of hair and as a hairstylist I want so bad to cut it!

Ruby comparing the pocket knifes she gifted the kids to kitchen knives or scissors is laughable. Not remotely the same. 1: your knives and scissors are not gifted to children and 2. They certainly shouldn’t be that accessible to them. I remember the vlog where eve got ahold of a scissors when she was very young and started cutting up her dress. She’s a little wild child she needs to be monitored more closely. I pray that child doesn’t get taken or worse. Ruby’s lack of awareness is astounding.
Lolislol26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lolislol26 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Kjr123 wrote:I don’t see sharis acne as bad though? maybe a couple little spots but definitely not bad. She has a lot of hair and as a hairstylist I want so bad to cut it!

Ruby comparing the pocket knifes she gifted the kids to kitchen knives or scissors is laughable. Not remotely the same. 1: your knives and scissors are not gifted to children and 2. They certainly shouldn’t be that accessible to them. I remember the vlog where eve got ahold of a scissors when she was very young and started cutting up her dress. She’s a little wild child she needs to be monitored more closely. I pray that child doesn’t get taken or worse. Ruby’s lack of awareness is astounding.
Shari’s acne doesn’t seems too bad to me. I just think when she tries to apply makeup she doesn’t have the best technique (who does at 15?!) so it makes her acne stand out rather than conceal it. I’m sure when I was 15 I put too much on, didn’t blend it well, completely wash off the previous days before I applied more, etc. The only difference is I wasn’t on a camera and had the chance to watch myself back and see what I really looked like.

Eve cut up a dress, her pajamas, and Russell’s pajamas! Also, I think she cut up a pillowcase in Ruby’s room but I could be wrong.
Catface2
Informer
Informer

Post by Catface2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:19 am

Abby looks sick as hell. I wonder if she got strep. That stuff is nasty. :-o
LilaRose
Talker
Talker

Post by LilaRose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:13 am

Happy Mommy 319 wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Shari is so homely. Eve and her look exactly alike. Weird how genes work. Julie and Abby look like twins too.
i don’t think any of their girls are pretty. Poor shari needs some serious help with her skin. They need to fix the problem not just put makeup over the acne.

Someone comments that Shari is reading hear and about 5 comments later you are writing that all of the girls are not pretty? Come on! She is 15, a time when a lot of girls struggle with insecurities anyway. There is a difference between gossiping and hating/bullying and I really don't think we have to talk about how pretty/ugly the kids are. I think the girls look just fine (the boys as well)
LilaRose
Talker
Talker

Post by LilaRose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 am

Happy Mommy 319 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I should clarify myself. I don’t think they’re ugly. I meant pretty as in they never have their hair fixed or wear nice clothes. I have a huge problem when people don’t make their kids brush their hair or at least try to look presentable. they never look neat and clean like pretty little girls do. Olivia always looks pretty because Bonnie does her hair. And makes sure her outfits are very nice. Ruby could at least take the time to show her girls how to style their hair. Ruby looks presentable most of the time. I just couldn’t send my kid to school with her hair all messy and frizzy like they just rolled out of bed. It’s not my style. And for eve. Her hair is always done. But when it starts to fall out or when she sleeps in it and continues to wear it with it looking all crazy looks bad on ruby.

isn't it funny how we often times talk about the role of the woman in Mormonism/the Griffiths family and how limited it is on being a good girl/housewife/mother? And now you are suggesting that they don't look presentable and neat like "pretty little girls do". I really don't think girls have to be "pretty little girls" and have to look neat and presentable. I really don't. I prefer a more normal/natural look to being a dolled up. Kids should run around, jump, play, explore and not care about looking presentable.
Happy Mommy 319
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Happy Mommy 319 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:02 am

LilaRose wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I agree. Most people go through an awkward period as teenagers, and if you didn’t then you were lucky. That said, I don’t think there is anything homely about Ruby’s kids. I’m not a fan of hers, but I think the kids look fine. I don’t understand the need to pick at children’s looks. Aren’t we above playground bullying?

isn't it funny how we often times talk about the role of the woman in Mormonism/the Griffiths family and how limited it is on being a good girl/housewife/mother? And now you are suggesting that they don't look presentable and neat like "pretty little girls do". I really don't think girls have to be "pretty little girls" and have to look neat and presentable. I really don't. I prefer a more normal/natural look to being a dolled up. Kids should run around, jump, play, explore and not care about looking presentable.

#1 you’re about 2 days late to this discussion.
#2 everyone has their own opinions
#3 I have never once said anything about her being a Mormon housewife. I don’t care what religion you are. Your kids shouldn’t look, “homeless.” as Shari stated on a vlog.
#4 I didn’t say “dolled up.” Check my comment. I said neat and clean. Sure kids like to play. Get dirty and messy while they’re playing that’s fine. I encourage it. I enjoy seeing kids that still have an imagination. I love that her kids still play outside when most YouTube families seem to entertain their kids with an iPad.
#5 when my family is in public we look presentable. They’re not wearing snow boots to a Hawaiian vacation. Being a stay at home mom I can tell you there’s nothing too important in my day to day life that I can’t stop what I’m doing to brush kids hair before they go to school. (And they go to a fancy private school where I assume standards are higher.)
#6 as for “bullying,” Shari. I was simply stating my opinion but I agree I was in the wrong. I would hate for her to see a comment belittling her. Now that being said, are you going to attack all the other posters who say she’s stuck up, arrogant, rude, on a high horse, naïve, the ones who say they want to see Shari go to college out of the state of Utah so the world can “slap her in the face?” Or simply because they want to see her fail? Because to me, those comments are far more, “bullying,” than what I posted. I said she needs help with her skin.
That is all. Thank you.

mads1024
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by mads1024 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 am

Yes I completely agree that the kids should at least look presentable. However it seems to me that Ruby has a very hands off approach when it comes to this. And Shari or the others seeing a dermatologist would be a great idea, a lot of teens do this. However considering Ruby’s lack of taking them to the doctors it probably won’t happen. They will probably use makeup to treat their acne. Quick question not sure if it’s been answered, sorry if it has, but why does ruby push makeup on the girls at a young age, especially Abby. Is it Because Ruby wants them to be presentable or it is for the girls to feel confident?
Diablo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Diablo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am

mads1024 wrote:When Chad turns sixteen, does anyone think that Kesley and him will actually start dating? I feel like the relationship won’t materialize into anything. Chad will probably wait until he’s sixteen but Kesley will be on her 12th crush by that time lol. Also Chad is very obsessed with Kesley he even wants to wear all of the Vans clothing/shoes like she does. He also seemed mad about the spin the bottle prank lol. Next 8passenger video will probably be titled reunited with my crush lol.

P.S. ( I have never liked Shari’s stuck up attitude, I hope she leaves Utah for college and the real world slaps her off her high horse )
Diablo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Diablo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 am

mads1024 wrote:When Chad turns sixteen, does anyone think that Kesley and him will actually start dating? I feel like the relationship won’t materialize into anything. Chad will probably wait until he’s sixteen but Kesley will be on her 12th crush by that time lol. Also Chad is very obsessed with Kesley he even wants to wear all of the Vans clothing/shoes like she does. He also seemed mad about the spin the bottle prank lol. Next 8passenger video will probably be titled reunited
I HATE to say this about a child, but Kessley is basically the YouTube pass around. Be it for clicks, or what, I don’t know. She’s been passed around to that YouTube kid Carson Johns and his brother, Coren Johns, that David kid, Brock and Boston from YouTube, and now Chad. If you’re a teen boy from Utah doing YouTube and you get Kessley Leroy in your video, you’ve made it. It’s sick, and her mother lets it happen because the bank is rolling in. Allowing multiple teens to have “crushes” on your daughter and first kiss vlogs, etc is just weird.
natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am

I don't think it's fair to comment on any child's appearance or personality in this forum to be honest. It's not really fair to say "Shari is homely" or "Shari is stuck up". The focus should be on the parents. Shari is a child. Sometimes her behaviour is not very pleasant, that's true, as is Chad's, but I'm not about to say "Chad's a jerk". I am concerned more that these kids are being raised on YouTube and will likely act accordingly. And a lot of that (maybe not all of it) is on their parents.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:34 pm

natalka81 wrote:I don't think it's fair to comment on any child's appearance or personality in this forum to be honest. It's not really fair to say "Shari is homely" or "Shari is stuck up". The focus should be on the parents. Shari is a child. Sometimes her behaviour is not very pleasant, that's true, as is Chad's, but I'm not about to say "Chad's a jerk". I am concerned more that these kids are being raised on YouTube and will likely act accordingly. And a lot of that (maybe not all of it) is on their parents.
Chad does actually behave in a jerky manner fairly often. However, I agree that it's probably not a good thing to be calling him a jerk.
I think that any bad behavior from any of the YouTube kids discussed in the forums is the fault of the parents. Especially the way these kids act out. Ruby doesn't discipline-- she actually encourages acting out. When Shari was arguing with the TSA agent, Ruby was laughing and filming. When you're doing something, and your mom is laughing and filming it, and uploading it to the internet for money, it's really hard to know where the line is between acceptable and inappropriate behavior. So many of these kids are doomed to be screwed up.
And I admit it, sometimes I'm thoughtless and say things about the kids I probably shouldn't. It's good to get reminded that they are real kids, even though their parents treat them like they're actors in a show. And they didn't ask to have their lives on display.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
awinedengar
Amateur
Amateur

Post by awinedengar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm

It's a little bit irritating to hear Ruby blame Abby's throwing up on drinking water....

I drink 2 liters of water with lemon first thing in the morning, and I've never gotten sick. Poor abby's face looked so swollen and pale. It is probably just jetlag, but that girl needed some time to just rest and a mother than isn't trying to rush her and her siblings out of the house.
Lolislol26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lolislol26 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 pm

awinedengar wrote:It's a little bit irritating to hear Ruby blame Abby's throwing up on drinking water....

I drink 2 liters of water with lemon first thing in the morning, and I've never gotten sick. Poor abby's face looked so swollen and pale. It is probably just jetlag, but that girl needed some time to just rest and a mother than isn't trying to rush her and her siblings out of the house.
I thought water being the problem was weird BUT Ruby told Abby she needed to stay home and Abby said she was going to school anyway. What really bothered me was when Shari knocked the binder off the bench and just left it, even after Ruby asked if it was hers. Every kid after her just stepped over it. PICK IT UP!
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Post by ujvs_ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:05 am

Lolislol26 wrote:
awinedengar wrote:It's a little bit irritating to hear Ruby blame Abby's throwing up on drinking water....

I thought water being the problem was weird BUT Ruby told Abby she needed to stay home and Abby said she was going to school anyway. What really bothered me was when Shari knocked the binder off the bench and just left it, even after Ruby asked if it was hers. Every kid after her just stepped over it. PICK IT UP!
Yeah that part annoyed me too - it’s disrespectful.
reinedelaneige
Amateur
Amateur

Post by reinedelaneige » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

first, shari’s outburst from the stairs about the puzzle. oh my lord, she’s become the brattiest, most entitled snob lately. there’s really no excuse for ruby and kevin to allow her to act like that.
second, ruby’s excuse was that she “wasn’t aware water would be involved” yet SHE was the one to record julie filling the toy with water and sat there for several seconds and never thought to move the toy? she watched everyone make a mess and then once the puzzle was already ruined she acted like she wasn’t there filming the entire thing to absolve herself of any guilt. real responsible, mom.
Catface2
Informer
Informer

Post by Catface2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 am

Such bullshit! Shari probably spent hours on her puzzle only to have those buffoons completely ruin it! I’d be so pissed! Mom and Kevin...we will get you a new one..WTF?! Are they going to replace the time she spent on it? Complete idiots..anything for Evie I guess
natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 am

Why does the world need to know that Eve had a very smelly bowel movement? WHY????

Return to “8 Passengers”