8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

ujvs_
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by ujvs_ »

At first when Chad said he’d been searching through Julie and Eves bedroom for the key to Julie’s ‘oreo stash’ I was like “you don’t do that, that’s disrespectful” blah blah blah - but after seeing that portion size for Chads breakfast, I can see why he’s rummaging for snacks. He’s starving!
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

Also, you can tell Julie is embarrassed Ruby! Get the camera out of her face, and at least wait until you get home before you ask her - let the girl breathe! Then barging into her room whilst she’s getting changed just to get dramatic vlog footage?!
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I must be pretty much a mind f*** these kids Moms face is a camera lens. All for $$. It seems like the robot maid on The Jetsons had more mothering instincts. Truly disgusting and sad
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

It's infuriating. "Julie seems really embarrassed about this! Julie's not wearing any pants. Snicker snicker." When will the madness end?
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sasha186 »

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I usually just lurk on this board. Isn't what Chad and Sherry are doing with the LeRoy kids dating? I don't understand this "no dating until you are 16" thing. It's definitely dating, it's just chaperoned. Whatever is happening here, the parents are clearly pushing it, and sexualizing your children by pushing them into a romantic relationship for vlogs (aka $$) is super gross.

Also, was Chad home in today's vlog because of another suspension? Did they mention this one? Is it a separate incident from the one two weeks ago?
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

The last blog was so awkward that I decided to not watch them again. That lady needs therapy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sasha186 wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I usually just lurk on this board. Isn't what Chad and Sherry are doing with the LeRoy kids dating? I don't understand this "no dating until you are 16" thing. It's definitely dating, it's just chaperoned. Whatever is happening here, the parents are clearly pushing it, and sexualizing your children by pushing them into a romantic relationship for vlogs (aka $$) is super gross.

Also, was Chad home in today's vlog because of another suspension? Did they mention this one? Is it a separate incident from the one two weeks ago?
It's a huge hypocrisy. No, you can't "date" until you're 16, but you can have a boyfriend/girlfriend at 11. They're already pushing a relationship on Abby and Kesley's little brother Rhett.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am
sasha186 wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I usually just lurk on this board. Isn't what Chad and Sherry are doing with the LeRoy kids dating? I don't understand this "no dating until you are 16" thing. It's definitely dating, it's just chaperoned. Whatever is happening here, the parents are clearly pushing it, and sexualizing your children by pushing them into a romantic relationship for vlogs (aka $$) is super gross.

It's a huge hypocrisy. No, you can't "date" until you're 16, but you can have a boyfriend/girlfriend at 11. They're already pushing a relationship on Abby and Kesley's little brother Rhett.

Oh but it's not a boyfriend/girlfriend, don't you know? It's a "crush". Completely different thing. Not hypocritical at all. :roll:
petey_patches
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by petey_patches »

I figured Chad was home from the one two weeks ago, they just are uploading out of order so all their Valentine’s videos got up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QueenZenobia240
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QueenZenobia240 »

Did you see the "breakfast" Ruby made? No wonder the kids are always looking for snacks. How is that suppose to keep them full until dinner?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Mormon vlogger crush = boyfriend/girlfriend = a romantic partner.
Normal crush = "a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable or inappropriate." (Like a celebrity....or your brother if you are Ruby/Shari)

Mormon dating = public admittance of these "immoral" behaviors to the church.
Normal dating = two people getting to know each other, before becoming bf/gf/romantic partners.
-----------
Does anyone truly believe that Chad didn't kiss Kesley? He said it on camera, then was forced to address it in front of their families, saying "I was tired and didn't know what I was saying" and "I was being sarcastic" in the same breath. It would have been more believable if he picked either oblivious, or witty; claiming both isn't helpful. I mean Shari photographed what looked like a "Netfix and chill lite", and the parents went overboard acting out a skit of them sitting between the couples, as if they don't regularly record videos of them leaving the house without them.

The worst was the "Mother's View" episode where they educate us about rules for their teens and "dating". Of course it's 16, because "that is how they were raised in the church", although kids can obviously have "boyfriends/girlfriends" before then and do, citing how awful the heartbreaks have been for their young children (not yet dating) when the couples "break-up". Then Kayli immediately says she was married at 15 and that her mom got pregnant with her at 15. WTAF? In what parallel universe do parents want their children to have their hearts broken in half, birth a baby, or get married, all before they are even allowed to drive a car, go to the movies, or have a breadstick at the Olive Garden? Do we even know if Ruby was over 16 when she was first engaged?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

....or the Mormon "Quad Squad" parents. They were very open about the fact that the husband fell in love with his child bride, when the adult man (19+ I believe), found her playing in the front yard at 13 years old! Obviously they couldn't get married until she was 18, because you know, declaring your desire to consummate your love for a child to the government, tends to end in jail time.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

That "How We Met" video was illuminating. Thanks to whoever posted!

1) I figured out the 3 older girls shared a room when Eve was a baby. A set of bunkbeds, and one "bed" cobbled together from plastic storage containers. I suspect Julie slept on the plastic tubs...

2) Ruby and Kevin seem like completely different people. What a difference a few yrs makes. I don't know if she was just nervous, but she came across far less educated/mature than she does now (if you can believe it). Example: "There was a meet and greet. For hotdogs". Kevin even calls her a hotdog later in jest, but Ruby doesn't get it.

3) Ruby was just trying to lock down a husband as quickly as possible, forcing an engagement 2 weeks after meeting Kevin, buying the ring herself, going so far as to be "holding hands" on a "date" with Kevin and another guy at the exact same moment by hiding her hands under blankets. WTAF? Kevin noticed and still pursued her. The fact that she was engaged in High School, should have been another red flag, or her 100 pt. color coded checklist for mostly physical characteristics and material possessions.

4) The LIST. Kevin snuck a peak at the list and pretended to be many things he was not, in order to manipulate Ruby into thinking he was everything she thought she wanted. Even Shari seems baffled at how he convinced Ruby he was 5 inches taller than her. Despite nearly every box being filled for Kevin, many were false. The other 11? boys she seriously dated didn't fare so well. No wonder she had to be physically intimate (holding hands) with multiple boys under a blanket. How many guys did she date the first week of college? Hopefully some were from the previous year in high school, (when she wasn't engaged to the cheating missionary).

5) I do wonder how many points he flat out lied about, and how many just "fell off his list" as time went on. Examples: "will help children with homework", "wants 6 children", "isn't snappy or snoughty to me", "likes to hunt and fish", "not cocky", "takes me to dinner", "NO 'R' RATED MOVIES" (yeah right), "disciplinary", "holds my hand", "likes yardwork", "wears khakis and collard shirts", "doesn't speak badly of others", "likes my family"...does he "lead her into rooms"?

6) The confusing part is, that right under "wants me to stay at home", is, "supports my music/teaching". So she must have planned to homeschool. Does that mean she gave up after meeting her kids, or Kevin put his foot down and said a poorly educated high school graduate won't be teaching? And when did she give up on her "music"?

7) After 8-10 points about wanting him to be super active in the temple and to pray and read scripture every day, "not overly spiritual" appears. I wonder what this means. Crazy, preaching on the street, raping Elizabeth Smart because "God said so" overly spiritual?....patriarchal, "woman can't speak unless spoken to" overly spiritual?...."loves God more than he loves me" spiritual? Or does she want someone who presents themselves like a good Mormon, but doesn't really care about the principles? Makes me wonder about Ruby's childhood too. Obviously she experienced "too spiritual", and it left a mark.

8) "Can I wants to be $"????? Can anyone decode this?

9) Ruby seems pretty emotionally damaged by her first fiance cheating on her. What is strange is that Kevin says he needs Ruby more than she needs him. I wonder if he actually believed it at that point. Did YouTube ruin their relationship, or is there some acting involved for the camera?
lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lightasfeather »

Why would they buy a toy gun for a child repeatedly showing no self control and pretend it's okay to shoot at people? They showed him hunting and shooting at people numerous times by now and he doesn't respond well when being told to stop either. And they have real guns at home too - hopefully well locked but who knows with this family...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lightasfeather wrote:Why would they buy a toy gun for a child repeatedly showing no self control and pretend it's okay to shoot at people? They showed him hunting and shooting at people numerous times by now and he doesn't respond well when being told to stop either. And they have real guns at home too - hopefully well locked but who knows with this family...
My son used to point his hand at people and pretend to shoot them. He has Asperger's, and social cues are difficult for him.
We got him a special therapist who worked hard with him. He even gets sarcasm now. But the point is that we knew it wasn't ok for him to do that. And as "cute" as it may be as a child, (if they think that) as an adult man it's creepy.

lex_3859
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lex_3859 »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... eb3432.jpg[/IMG]

this is great

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lex_3859 wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... eb3432.jpg[/IMG]

this is great

I think that poster was out of line. The sentiment was there, but if you say my child has “issues” I’m not listening to a word you have to say either.

Ruby made a nice post about Russell for once, that recognized his individual interests in a good way, and her need to change how she parents and controls at least that child. I’m no Ruby fan, but I thought it was a nice post.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lex_3859 wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... eb3432.jpg[/IMG]

this is great

I think that poster was out of line. The sentiment was there, but if you say my child has “issues” I’m not listening to a word you have to say either.

Ruby made a nice post about Russell for once, that recognized his individual interests in a good way, and her need to change how she parents and controls at least that child. I’m no Ruby fan, but I thought it was a nice post.

Especially dropping F bombs. I get the sentiment behind it, but yeah, as a mom, it would get my dander up too.
But she does set herself up by posting his tantrums online for everyone to see. Poor kid. When he's older, he's likely to resent it.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

8 Passengers: Controlling Mothers aren’t powerful. Part #10

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I was coming to post that comment also. I agree the poster was out of line. What I’m annoyed about is that hundreds of people how kindly suggested something may be up with Russell out of concern and not a peep from Ruby. Then she chooses to respond to the rude person cussing at her instead of just blocking and deleting like normal. She’s drawing attention to it and there were a million better ways to suggest she may be getting Russell help.

Maybe all the comments finally did lead them to get him tested and they got a diagnosis and that is why she has shifted her parenting with him so much. Not to say I don’t think YouTube stardom has not caused a major parenting shift and that Russell still needs some major help. But for all we know, he could be receiving counseling of some sort. Doubtful based on the lack of medical care the other kids have gotten, but I can hope.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I'd love to think that Ruby had Russell evaluated and he is being provided with all the medical support he needs, but I think the chance of that is slim to none. What seems more likely, is that they just stopped making him do anything that sets him off and makes their life harder. "Broken finger"? Setting the finger will make him upset, so Kevin just lets Ruby comically tape a popsicle stick to his pinky and throws up his hands.

Return to “8 Passengers”