8 Passengers: Don't Cry Over Lost Footage| Part #11

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Don't Cry Over Lost Footage| Part #11

Post by Vincere » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Curious if Kevin will give some gym supplements to Chad to get swole.
Kattiness Everdeen
Talker
Talker

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Vincere wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm
I think he already did. I am wondering if Shari and Chad do the intense exercise and protein shakes, etc. as a way to try and get his attention......
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Vincere » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm
Vincere wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm
I think he already did. I am wondering if Shari and Chad do the intense exercise and protein shakes, etc. as a way to try and get his attention......
They should try and be his students when they go to BYU, this way they will get more attention.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Post by ujvs_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:44 pm

Yeah Ruby just tell your kids that they need to start brushing better and all their dental problems will go away! Ha. Actually help them instead of dumping them off on a 10 year old girl whilst you go for a stroll or eat an entire box of Oreos in bed. You have to take responsibility for once. It seems as soon as the kids can walk and talk they’re left to fend for themselves...
#mothersarepowerful
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freshbalsam » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:24 pm

I can’t believe she only owns 2 bras?!?

And Shari is ridiculous. She wants to keep those books for her children? Like someone else said, don’t keep them in the family library if they’re so sacred. Besides the fact that, when her potential future kids are old enough to read HP, she can just order new ones by that point? Felt kinda bad for Russell.
ctx2002
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by ctx2002 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 am

Did anyone see toward the end of Shari's most recent vlog on her channel where Ruby almost knocked herself out opening the attic ladder? Ouch! I bet she was feeling that the next day. I think she smacked the back of her head against a shelf.

I've never seen a set up with the rope attached to the ladder that way. Looks like it's designed to be pulled by that rope while standing several feet away in front of where the ladder comes down. Not almost right under the ladder like she was. Thank god it wasn't one of the kids standing on a step stool or something trying to open it. :?
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Milelu89 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 am

The ladder part was really dangerous. I don't know what she did wrong. I think you have to grab and pull the lower part but this was too high. Maybe you have to hold the rope while standing far away.. I was always afraid of those as a kid... :-o

Does anyone know/remember what happened to Russel when he was a baby? They said that he needed physical therapy and learned to walk when he was 21 months old which is late. I think he broke his hip? But did they ever tell the story? Did he fall?
AlexVause
Amateur
Amateur

Post by AlexVause » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:24 am

The funny thing about Shari taking a break from Brevin to date other guys is that if it weren't for the fact that she's YouTube famous her pickings would be slim. She is not exactly the teenage boy ideal.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 am

AlexVause wrote:The funny thing about Shari taking a break from Brevin to date other guys is that if it weren't for the fact that she's YouTube famous her pickings would be slim. She is not exactly the teenage boy ideal.
I think this is mean. She’s a cute girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Talker
Talker

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 am

The part that got me about the HP books, is that Shari didn't think Russell should learn to care for books, just that he shouldn't ruin hers. She figured he should destroy the town library's copy instead, and ruin it for everybody else. Just like not bringing bug spray/sun block/etc. to camp.....that is for other kids to buy/bring for her to use. It is all about her.

Based on the length of rope and how the ladder came down, it does look like you are supposed to stand far in front of it for leverage and safety. The video indicated that Ruby still cleared the ladder from the side, but she stepped back falling over that wheeled thing on the floor. She said her hip hurt, even though her hand rested on her head. Everyday since Kevin left has been super dramatic and difficult, so it is hard to tell when she is injured vs. creating content vs. having a psychological breakdown.

Could anyone make sense of the bra caper? She said she lost her "clean" bra she was wearing before her shower (sounds really clean). Shari suggests she wear a sports bra, which Ruby then reasons she was actually wearing before her shower (for her "morning walk") and that's why the "clean" one was lost. So she walks out of the house rather than wearing a sports bra or checking her drawer for the "clean" one she never wore. Either Ruby is desperate for content, or she is truly losing her mind.

And is Chad Ruby's pawn for 'hectic single mom life content', or is he suddenly just as confused/disorganized as Ruby about his own schedule he seemingly managed all year without her assistance? Strange that Ruby was up at dawn for "no reason", but decided Chad had to be woken up for a workout at an unknown time....twice.....I feel like I am viewing the world from the mind of a madwoman.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:48 am

Milelu89 wrote:The ladder part was really dangerous. I don't know what she did wrong. I think you have to grab and pull the lower part but this was too high. Maybe you have to hold the rope while standing far away.. I was always afraid of those as a kid... :-o

Does anyone know/remember what happened to Russel when he was a baby? They said that he needed physical therapy and learned to walk when he was 21 months old which is late. I think he broke his hip? But did they ever tell the story? Did he fall?
He broke his femur "falling off the couch". She didn't even take him in right away. I don't know what story she concocted for the doctor, but it sends up huge red flags for me.
The femur is a difficult bone to break. It's the strongest bone in the body. And babies' bones aren't fully calcified, so they bend a little before they break. And how do you not know your child has a broken leg?
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Namm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 am

AlexVause wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:24 am
The funny thing about Shari taking a break from Brevin to date other guys is that if it weren't for the fact that she's YouTube famous her pickings would be slim. She is not exactly the teenage boy ideal.
I feel sorry for Brevin but it's good that Shari is taking a break if she's not feeling him. You can't force it and she is still too young to decide anything yet. They'll end up together one day if it's meant to be, just like her aunt Bonnie and uncle Joel finally did.

This could be one of the reasons she's mean to her sister's especially Julie who will one day become "that girl" she's not. Julie is going to have lots of admirers once she reaches Shari's age.
Tiger27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tiger27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 am

Milelu89 wrote:The ladder part was really dangerous. I don't know what she did wrong. I think you have to grab and pull the lower part but this was too high. Maybe you have to hold the rope while standing far away.. I was always afraid of those as a kid... :-o

If I’m remembering correctly, he fell off a couch at 9ish months off and broke his femur (the ball of the femur is what people generally refer to when someone says they broke their hip). They referred to it as a femur fracture though which leads me to believe it was lower down the leg. They didn’t take him to the ER for A FREAKING WEEK so he was surely in awful pain that entire time. I would bet a combination of the injury and the trauma of that led to his walking delay. I’d also just like to throw out as an ER nurse that this is still probably the single handed most disturbing griffiths story I’ve ever heard. The femur is the largest bone in your body (aka the hardest to break) and baby bones are more difficult to break because they still have some flex to them. The mechanics of falling off a couch don’t match up with a femur injury. That is one of the most painful fractures out there! I don’t know how Russel wasn’t screaming for an entire week and they didn’t do something sooner. I also don’t know how no one at the ER investigated them (of course maybe they did and they checked out as a typical overwhelmed but perfect little Mormon family)...if I saw this injury with a lame story like he fell off the couch I’d be making a call to CPS even before hearing it was a week old, that just makes it worse. Not to mention we later found that sometime in this timeframe (Julie-Russell years) Ruby had some sort of supposed pill issue. The whole thing is incredibly sketchy and sad.

Kattiness Everdeen
Talker
Talker

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 am

Does anyone have links to the videos that talk about the pill issues and describe the femur fracture? I remember the video about Ruby describing her huge parenting win when she finally bathed and dressed Julie after being coated in pee for who knows how long. I don't remember the other topics from a video though......
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Namm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 am

Tiger27 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 am

If I’m remembering correctly, he fell off a couch at 9ish months off and broke his femur (the ball of the femur is what people generally refer to when someone says they broke their hip). They referred to it as a femur fracture though which leads me to believe it was lower down the leg. They didn’t take him to the ER for A FREAKING WEEK so he was surely in awful pain that entire time. I would bet a combination of the injury and the trauma of that led to his walking delay. I’d also just like to throw out as an ER nurse that this is still probably the single handed most disturbing griffiths story I’ve ever heard. The femur is the largest bone in your body (aka the hardest to break) and baby bones are more difficult to break because they still have some flex to them. The mechanics of falling off a couch don’t match up with a femur injury. That is one of the most painful fractures out there! I don’t know how Russel wasn’t screaming for an entire week and they didn’t do something sooner. I also don’t know how no one at the ER investigated them (of course maybe they did and they checked out as a typical overwhelmed but perfect little Mormon family)...if I saw this injury with a lame story like he fell off the couch I’d be making a call to CPS even before hearing it was a week old, that just makes it worse. Not to mention we later found that sometime in this timeframe (Julie-Russell years) Ruby had some sort of supposed pill issue. The whole thing is incredibly sketchy and sad.

The people that they deal with around them are all Mormons, from neighbors to doctors, nursers, dentists, policemen, teachers,hairdressers, schools, garbage-men and firefighters so it would be strange to report someone and then have to meet them at church.
I remember once when B&J did speed or something happened in traffic that a policeman had to stop them. I think they said that the either knew of him or really knew him or something so nothing happened to them.

Utah is a popping pills state and Ruby is no exception if she has used or is using them to cope with life.
AlexVause
Amateur
Amateur

Post by AlexVause » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 am
AlexVause wrote:The funny thing about Shari taking a break from Brevin to date other guys is that if it weren't for the fact that she's YouTube famous her pickings would be slim. She is not exactly the teenage boy ideal.

Funny how you thought of her appearance and essentially called her ugly in your head. I mainly meant her know it all, holier-than-though smartass attitude coupled with the fact that there are of course undeniably plenty of pretty girls out there who are just as smart and actually genuinely nice. No teenage boy wants to date a girl who thinks she's 30 and will talk down to them like she's his teacher. Off-putting unless they are into that kind of thing. However in the age of social media, her followers will make up for that ugly personality of hers ;)
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Post by freebeegal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Tiger27 wrote:

I work at a hospital in the UK. And we have been told that a single bruise, even if it’s less than 1 cm, on an immobile infant has to be referred to the safeguarding team. There’s absolutely no reason why an immobile child should be bruised. It gets referred to safeguarding and is fully investigated before that child is allowed home. I can’t even begin to think how Russell broke his femur, but ‘rolling off the couch’ makes my alarm bells SCREAM. The delay in presentation to the ER further add to my concern. I truly hope it was thoroughly investigated at the time

Okay54321
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Okay54321 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm

I can't even watch today's vlog. When has she ever made the kid's friends clean besides this vlog? Also, can't stand other parents that try and have other people's kids clean for no reason. Bet she didn't ask their parents for permission to do this. Not like Ruby paid for a trip to Europe and wanted them to earn it. She becomes less bearable each day. I'm just here for her kids.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Tiger27 wrote:

This. If I had been on duty when she brought him in, I would have been on the phone with CPS before she got out of triage. My son pulled an iron down on his hand when I just turned to hang a shirt up. They called CPS on me. I was actually glad, because I knew it meant they were doing their job
The Gardner Quad Squad seem to get away with things that I would think a mandated reporter would be all over. I don't get it. Is it a Utah thing?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ForeverGauc01 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:

I didn’t take the og post as a dig at her looks. More the fact that she’s just a mean girl. No teenage boy wants that. She’s controlling and rude.

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip_Girl » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:41 pm

I am disgusted that it took Ruby and Kevin a week to take their child with a broken femur to the hospital. I wonder how much more damage they caused by not getting it taken care of. My grandfather fell down concrete stairs and broke his femur when he was in his 80s. He was bedridden for months. Thankfully Russell was young and able to bounce back. It is so rare to have a femur fracture at 9 months old. A fall off a bed or a couch is unlikely to cause a femur fracture. It’s of course possible. Ruby is the only one that knows. I’m not sure if anyone else witnessed this incident. I would be embarrassed to mention that my 9 month old broke his femur and wasn’t taken to the doctor for a week. Does anyone have a link to a vlog or post where Ruby discusses Russell’s femur break? Also, where was it mentioned that Ruby had a pill problem? Is that in a vlog too? Was she abusing prescribed pills? For depression possibly? I think I have heard something about this in the past but didn’t know where people were receiving this information.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 pm

AlexVause wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 am

Funny how you thought of her appearance and essentially called her ugly in your head. I mainly meant her know it all, holier-than-though smartass attitude coupled with the fact that there are of course undeniably plenty of pretty girls out there who are just as smart and actually genuinely nice. No teenage boy wants to date a girl who thinks she's 30 and will talk down to them like she's his teacher. Off-putting unless they are into that kind of thing. However in the age of social media, her followers will make up for that ugly personality of hers ;)
Please. People call her ugly all the time on this board and body shame her constantly. Don’t gaslight me Image

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Post by Nuna » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm
HelloSweetie wrote:

I didn’t take the og post as a dig at her looks. More the fact that she’s just a mean girl. No teenage boy wants that. She’s controlling and rude.

Lol. Teenage boys go for looks. They aren’t looking for a nice girl they can take home to mom.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ForeverGauc01 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 am

Nuna wrote:
ForeverGauc01 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I think this is mean. She’s a cute girl.

Lol. Teenage boys go for looks. They aren’t looking for a nice girl they can take home to mom.
You’re right but that doesn’t mean automatically mean the poster was talking about looks. I think Shari is a pretty girl, but her personality is soooo ugly

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Namm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

...or condescending either.
I think that it's a Griffith thing (like her aunts, grandma) to think that you're above everyone else but Shari might be lucky and grow out of it if she meets someone out there in the world who can inspire her to be humble and grounded.

Return to “8 Passengers”