8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Diablo
Amateur
Amateur

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Post by Diablo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 am

Vlog4money wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Chad had Ruby's phone a lot on their vacation. My guess would be that he looked up something that they don't approve of. I think he is questioning the restrictions of the Mormon church so they are putting him in a program that will immerse him in the spirit of Heavenly Father. I think that is why they were so relieved to find his scriptures with his personal belongings.

I feel for everyone involved. Ruby is trying to portray a certain image, especially ahead of her book release, and Chad's rebellion does not fit into that image. I think back to the paying for grades video...both Ruby and Chad were so upset. I do think Ruby wants to do right by Chad...hopefully, it's not too late to be the parents he needs them to be.
We’ve got a bingo here, folks.
Chad has either been questioning the church as many people his age are doing (the church addressed this during general conference, I believe—those elders are doing their best to keep numbers up), he smoked some weed/did a drug (also not unheard of in that area, those kids have access to some hellacious meds and street drugs), or he had sex (big no no when you’re ripe and prime for a mission, ask Logan Butler). I doubt he came out as gay—yeah he overcompensates a lot like his ego twin Carson Johns, but I don’t get that particular vibe; plus he was super into Kesley—frighteningly so.

So yeah, it’s defiantly one of those or a combination coupled with his piss poor performance in school.
Diablo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Diablo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 am

Sorry to double post, but I think this topic is significant as well.

Just a subtle thing I noticed:
Back in late March in the “Paid for GRADES” video when it’s Chad’s turn on the chopping block, and Rubes asks him what he’s going to do with his money, he says “Tithing, Savings, Checking” in the most sarcastic tone and that smile to top it off lol. Chad knows what’s up, and isn’t with the bullshit. Like I said, he’s not my favorite, but that kid is gonna be the one to break the mold, and Ruby and Kevin already can’t cope with it. You could argue that no kid wants to be responsible with their money at that age—they just want to spend it all, so that prompted the response, but when you know and recognize the exact strings being pulled by Mommy Dearest part 2 the TBM (why she asked that question and the non-verbal cues displayed), you KNOW that shit irritated Ruby’s soul. He spit out the answer that’s been drilled into him in the most subtly insubordinate manner, and I feel like he does that in a lot of videos on a lot of similar topics (if you know the doctrines they’re taught, you what you’re looking for). I hope he keeps it up, and doesn’t fall for the idiotic drool that camp is going to attempt to condition him with.

Also, he was so much more relaxed and open when he was hanging out with the Leroy family—and that’s really telling. Yes they are TBM, but I think they’re a lot more progressive and in tune with real life, and he was slightly less douchey and a touch more normal with them. Of course you could argue that any teen responds better to someone else’s family, but I don’t know. He really seemed less intense.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk lol.
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 am

Diablo wrote:Sorry to double post, but I think this topic is significant as well.

Back in late March in the “Paid for GRADES” video when it’s Chad’s turn on the chopping block, and Rubes asks him what he’s going to do with his money, he says “Tithing, Savings, Checking” in the most sarcastic tone and that smile to top it off lol. Chad knows what’s up, and isn’t with the bullshit. Like I said, he’s not my favorite, but that kid is gonna be the one to break the mold, and Ruby and Kevin already can’t cope with it. You could argue that no kid wants to be responsible with their money at that age—they just want to spend it all, so that prompted the response, but when you know and recognize the exact strings being pulled by Mommy Dearest part 2 the TBM (why she asked that question and the non-verbal cues displayed), you KNOW that shit irritated Ruby’s soul. He spit out the answer that’s been drilled into him in the most subtly insubordinate manner, and I feel like he does that in a lot of videos on a lot of similar topics (if you know the doctrines they’re taught, you what you’re looking for). I hope he keeps it up, and doesn’t fall for the idiotic drool that camp is going to attempt to condition him with.

Also, he was so much more relaxed and open when he was hanging out with the Leroy family—and that’s really telling. Yes they are TBM, but I think they’re a lot more progressive and in tune with real life, and he was slightly less douchey and a touch more normal with them. Of course you could argue that any teen responds better to someone else’s family, but I don’t know. He really seemed less intense.

I don’t get how anyone doesn’t question their church and its teaching from a young age. Like who in their right mind especially a 14 year old is actually going to sit and read a bible or whatever crap that giant book was they wanted him to bring? I know people who have read a bible but purely for education. I went to catholic school and remember being in kindergarten and wondering if this Jesus guy even happened. I never took it for fact. Especially this day and age where you have information at your fingertips. Plus those YT videos that show what happens at a temple just show how crazy it all is. How can anyone take any of that seriously and expect their kids to?

I am a strong believer in spirituality but not organized religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justmeelinex
Amateur
Amateur

Post by justmeelinex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 am

Of course Shari is taking all the clothes before the other girls could even get to it. She really has an attitude.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Post by Mieke » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 am

gopedjane wrote:
Diablo wrote:Sorry to double post, but I think this topic is significant as well.

I don’t get how anyone doesn’t question their church and its teaching from a young age. Like who in their right mind especially a 14 year old is actually going to sit and read a bible or whatever crap that giant book was they wanted him to bring? I know people who have read a bible but purely for education. I went to catholic school and remember being in kindergarten and wondering if this Jesus guy even happened. I never took it for fact. Especially this day and age where you have information at your fingertips. Plus those YT videos that show what happens at a temple just show how crazy it all is. How can anyone take any of that seriously and expect their kids to?

This is coming from a non-believer.
But I do get that if you grow up in the church you might not see it's flaws. Especially when your family is really religious.
I grew up in an atheist household and I don't know what I would believe in in case I grew up Mormon or any other 'strong' religion.
Especially in Utah, everybody shares your believes so it's very hard to doubt that. I think it's getting harder these days because of the internet but and thats why all Ruby's rules are in place.
That all being said, I really truly hope Chad and the other kids find a way out because I believe Mormonism the way they practise it, is a cult and no one should live like that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 am

gopedjane wrote:

Funny you should say that. The Episcopal church liturgy is almost exactly like the Catholic one. I remember being not much more than 6 and thinking "WTH?" about the Confession of Sins. It's part of the service where everyone says "We confess that we have sinned against you in thought word and deed", and goes on to list the sins. I remember sitting there thinking "no I didn't! I've been good!"
So if I was doing that at 6, and hadn't been exposed to the internet at all, what must Chad be thinking? I am completely convinced that not saying why they sent Chad away has more to do with Ruby worrying about her image and book sales than Chad's privacy. If she is such an AMAZING, #POWERFULMOTHER, how on earth could she have a son who would use Google behind her back, (they're not allowed on Google, at least not without parental supervision), and do whatever he did that made her figuratively "chase him into traffic"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Informer
Informer

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am

I can't tell if Ruby is just insane, unintelligent or intentionally trying to misrepresent herself. Did she ever take each of 6 kids to shop individually? I wonder why she never vlogged it. I only remember chaotic family trips where Eve runs away and strips her clothes off in some other department. Ruby says she had to do all her back-to school shopping online because she had no idea she would have to spend a week in Arizona with Chad or that Kevin was getting surgery.....but she shopped for the clothes 2 months ago!?!? I still don't understand how hemorrhoids require some "major" last minute surgery.....did he get a little too experimental in the bedroom and did some damage? Usually childbirth is the only other acute event that causes the need for an "urgent" rectal surgery.

Also, Abby has looked taller than Shari for a while now, I wonder how long she will have to pretend she isn't. Around 9:30-9:36 Shari whispers something to Abby after she thinks she is going after one of "Shari's dresses" and Abby's expression is interesting. I can't tell if she was ordered to collect all Shari's choices to prevent Julie from getting them, or she was told she'd be smothered in her sleep if she touched them. The way Shari braced herself to push Julie out of the way (if needed) was also terrifying.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.57.16 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Post by kates_crush » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 am

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:00 am
I can't tell if Ruby is just insane, unintelligent or intentionally trying to misrepresent herself. Did she ever take each of 6 kids to shop individually? I wonder why she never vlogged it. I only remember chaotic family trips where Eve runs away and strips her clothes off in some other department. Ruby says she had to do all her back-to school shopping online because she had no idea she would have to spend a week in Arizona with Chad or that Kevin was getting surgery.....but she shopped for the clothes 2 months ago!?!? I still don't understand how hemorrhoids require some "major" last minute surgery.....did he get a little too experimental in the bedroom and did some damage? Usually childbirth is the only other acute event that causes the need for an "urgent" rectal surgery.

Also, Abby has looked taller than Shari for a while now, I wonder how long she will have to pretend she isn't. Around 9:30-9:36 Shari whispers something to Abby after she thinks she is going after one of "Shari's dresses" and Abby's expression is interesting. I can't tell if she was ordered to collect all Shari's choices to prevent Julie from getting them, or she was told she'd be smothered in her sleep if she touched them. The way Shari braced herself to push Julie out of the way (if needed) was also terrifying.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 9.57.16 AM.png
I think she was telling abby what dress to take "blue and red" she already is making abby weight lift this school year, she probably is dictating what she can and can't wear too. also since when are Mormon women allowed to wear short shorts and shirts that show their shoulders? I have noticed the girls wearing a lot of that lately.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Catface2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 am

I wonder if when the Griff kids were little and had broken bones their parents didn’t get them immediate medical attention is because they caused it. I think the Griff parents are abusive. We’ve all seen Chad drop Lincoln at the fam reunion..on purpose. Creepy
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Post by Vlog4money » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 am

Is Shari delusional? How does she think she is the same size as Julie? Also...I guess this was filmed before the emphasis on WE over I. I heard a whole lot of I from Shari.
Lolislol26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lolislol26 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Why are they getting all of these new clothes when they wear uniforms and change into pjs when they get home from school? Ruby didn’t get that that many choices for their uniforms begin with.

Kattiness Everdeen
Informer
Informer

Post by Kattiness Everdeen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Does anyone remember this vlog from back in June. @ 12:36 Chad jokes(?) that he got the first kiss on Trek. Shari desperately tries to convince Ruby he is lying, while Chad tells her it was when she was in the tent and he was out playing "night games". However, when Chad tells them the kiss was with his "leader", Shari and Ruby recoil and tell him how "weird" it is. He then immediately backpedals and says he would never do that. I wonder if the declared make-out sessions with the leaders of religious treks was a catalyst for them. Why would they even keep that in the vlog, joke or not? I would be very angry if I was the accused Trek leader too. I assume the leaders are legal adults.

It is also kind of sad to hear Shari say that on the bus, the kids declared that they would not be friends in church tomorrow, especially while Chad is yelling his love out the window to various people. She has got to be so lonely.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Post by jaynshann » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:46 pm

I am catching up on their vlogs and am late to the game a bit. This whole sending Chad away thing ANGERS ME! I have a child weeks older than Chad, 2 yrs younger than Chad, and then really young (8,12,14.)
This family infuriates me! As a kid who grew up “troubled” and got kicked out multiple of jr highs and high schools, as did my peers, l can 100% tell you this kid is crying out for attention. My peers and l who were all “ troublemakers” were hurting, crying out for the right kind of love, looking for our PARENTS TO DIAL IN AND FIGURE OUT HOW WE NEEDED TO BE LOVED. I grew up in a dysfunctional nightmare of a family, so far beyond what you see in the Franke house, but regardless..bottom line is THEY ARE FAILING THEIR CHILD. When you give up and say fine we as your parents can’t deal with you... someone else needs to, you send some powerfully negative messages to your children. First off it says your SO BAD WE CANT HELP YOU! Second off it encourages the attitude in the child that they don’t have to trust and respect you because you aren’t able to take the role as their LEADER! Labels are huge with kids. We fulfill as children what we’ve been labeled as. “I guess l really am a bad kid that needs special treatment...even my parents can’t deal with me.” I am not pretending to be the perfect parent nor do l pretend to know all that has gone on with Chad... but this IS SO WRONG! It’s has gotten colorful at times with my 14yr old... they are after-all IMMATURE BY NATURE (RUBY AND KEVIN IN CASE YOU FOR GOT), the part of their brain that is responsible for higher level of reasoning which separates us from the animal kingdom has not fully developed by until late teens. This happens even later in boys (like early 20’s developmentally speaking.) Until they have matured they can be like over grown toddlers who literally need US to stop them from themselves. My oldest knows l will be the good, the bad, and the ugly for her! Whatever she needs me to be. Sometimes she hates me, mostly she declares lm her best friend. She has thanked me for being “on” her more than many of her peers parents. What a bunch of crap! If you can’t get in the mess and get your hands dirty for your kid... and fight like hell until you figure out WHAT THEY NEED AS AN INDIVIDUAL, not as just 1/6th of a flock you thought was Mormon cute to have, then you don’t deserve your kid! Period! Months in the wilderness away from family!!! Ughh why are all us stupid parents here fighting like **** to turn these teens into decent people when apparently you can just ship your kid off for a few months!

Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Post by Manitowoc123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Diablo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 am
Vlog4money wrote:
Chad had Ruby's phone a lot on their vacation. My guess would be that he looked up something that they don't approve of. I think he is questioning the restrictions of the Mormon church so they are putting him in a program that will immerse him in the spirit of Heavenly Father. I think that is why they were so relieved to find his scriptures with his personal belongings.

I feel for everyone involved. Ruby is trying to portray a certain image, especially ahead of her book release, and Chad's rebellion does not fit into that image. I think back to the paying for grades video...both Ruby and Chad were so upset. I do think Ruby wants to do right by Chad...hopefully, it's not too late to be the parents he needs them to be.
Chad has either been questioning the church as many people his age are doing (the church addressed this during general conference, I believe—those elders are doing their best to keep numbers up), he smoked some weed/did a drug (also not unheard of in that area, those kids have access to some hellacious meds and street drugs), or he had sex (big no no when you’re ripe and prime for a mission, ask Logan Butler). I doubt he came out as gay—yeah he overcompensates a lot like his ego twin Carson Johns, but I don’t get that particular vibe; plus he was super into Kesley—frighteningly so.

So yeah, it’s defiantly one of those or a combination coupled with his piss poor performance in school.

I grew up in SLC too (you mentioned earlier that you did as well) and for sure - you and I both know that Chad is rebelling away from the church and Ruby/Kevin (I think more Ruby) is flipping out!! I had a few friends in high school from TBM families and they were sent away for smoking weed, questioning church, and heavy petting. Not even having sex - just a little 2nd or 3rd base action.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Post by ujvs_ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Firstly, if any of the kids need to go to this camp it’s Shari. She’s so horrible to her siblings and puts herself on this high and mighty pedestal! This camp that R and K are raving about should bring her back down to reality.
Secondly, I wish Ruby would stop putting her crooked fingers all over Abby’s face - the poor girl is so uncomfortable as it is she doesn’t want close ups and your dirty hands all over her face, it must be so painful for her and touching it will just make it worse. I had really bad acne when I was around her age and I was really affected by it - I couldn’t make eye contact, let alone be on camera. I sympathise with Abby.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Post by Vlog4money » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Manitowoc123 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:14 pm
Diablo wrote:
Vlog4money wrote:

I grew up in SLC too (you mentioned earlier that you did as well) and for sure - you and I both know that Chad is rebelling away from the church and Ruby/Kevin (I think more Ruby) is flipping out!! I had a few friends in high school from TBM families and they were sent away for smoking weed, questioning church, and heavy petting. Not even having sex - just a little 2nd or 3rd base action.
So maybe getting kicked out of school was his intention. Self-sabotaging in the hope of going to a public school without religion or a strict code of conduct.
MelE
Talker
Talker

Post by MelE » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Okay, is it just me or was Ruby's way of school shopping just the most inefficient, chaotic way she could possibly come up with? Like seriously? She buys all three of the older girls the same size clothes and then basically makes them duel for their necessities? All while precious Sheri has the advantage of knowing exactly what is available beforehand and even getting to order a few things online for herself. If Ruby wanted to minimize the hassle, why not let all of the kids pick a few returnable options online and then they can try them on and see which is best int he comfort of their own home. And without the stress and pressure to beat out their siblings.

I agree with the comments about Sheri having a turn at the camp Chad is currently at. After all, they keep saying it is not a punishment or meant to "fix" anyone but only to help young adults learn responsibility and maturity. Sheri left the car running in their garage and has an ongoing rivalry with her 10 year old sister. She could use some maturity and empathy imho.
ICantEven
Informer
Informer

Post by ICantEven » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:23 pm

MelE wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm
Okay, is it just me or was Ruby's way of school shopping just the most inefficient, chaotic way she could possibly come up with? Like seriously? She buys all three of the older girls the same size clothes and then basically makes them duel for their necessities? All while precious Sheri has the advantage of knowing exactly what is available beforehand and even getting to order a few things online for herself. If Ruby wanted to minimize the hassle, why not let all of the kids pick a few returnable options online and then they can try them on and see which is best int he comfort of their own home. And without the stress and pressure to beat out their siblings.

I agree with the comments about Sheri having a turn at the camp Chad is currently at. After all, they keep saying it is not a punishment or meant to "fix" anyone but only to help young adults learn responsibility and maturity. Sheri left the car running in their garage and has an ongoing rivalry with her 10 year old sister. She could use some maturity and empathy imho.
Yeah I agree. Though I am glad she gives them some choice. I feel like she didn't in the past and in the videos if her going through their clothes with them, several of them mentioned they never wore certain outfits because they didn't like them. But the fact that there is overlap in the girls sizes and Shari had an unfair advantage made it chaotic.

Obviously she mostly did it as a new "fun" idea for a back to school shopping video. I hope now that she got her video, all the kids have opportunities to return or buy other clothes.
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 pm

The three older girls maybe similar sizes, but they are in different phases of life. I can’t imagine a 16 year old wanting to wear the same clothes as my 10 year old.
I also think Ruby has no intention of returning any of the outfits. That whole set up was just for the vlog.

kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Post by kates_crush » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 pm
The three older girls maybe similar sizes, but they are in different phases of life. I can’t imagine a 16 year old wanting to wear the same clothes as my 10 year old.
I also think Ruby has no intention of returning any of the outfits. That whole set up was just for the vlog.

well it helps that she doesn't let julie (who is still a little girl) dress the way she wants, she makes all three older girls dress similar even though there is six years between them all. I still get upset over a shopping video from a year or two ago where ruby told julie she was too old to get a unicorn shirt... she was NINE.
amyfalafalagain
Talker
Talker

Post by amyfalafalagain » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Shari can definitely benefit from a camp. But lets not forget she's already exhibiting the same characteristics as her mother, aunts and grandmother. Entitled, disrespectful and dictating younger siblings what to do. She's being groomed to be a wife like the perfectionist female family around her. Her behaviour isn't alarming to them, as it is to us.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Does anyone remember this vlog from back in June. @ 12:36 Chad jokes(?) that he got the first kiss on Trek. Shari desperately tries to convince Ruby he is lying, while Chad tells her it was when she was in the tent and he was out playing "night games". However, when Chad tells them the kiss was with his "leader", Shari and Ruby recoil and tell him how "weird" it is. He then immediately backpedals and says he would never do that. I wonder if the declared make-out sessions with the leaders of religious treks was a catalyst for them. Why would they even keep that in the vlog, joke or not? I would be very angry if I was the accused Trek leader too. I assume the leaders are legal adults.

It is also kind of sad to hear Shari say that on the bus, the kids declared that they would not be friends in church tomorrow, especially while Chad is yelling his love out the window to various people. She has got to be so lonely.

Did they SELL tickets to meet them? It says "come see us in Raleigh, North Carolina. Tickets here:"
Please tell me they didn't charge for people to meet them!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glowfish
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Glowfish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Does anyone remember this vlog from back in June. @ 12:36 Chad jokes(?) that he got the first kiss on Trek. Shari desperately tries to convince Ruby he is lying, while Chad tells her it was when she was in the tent and he was out playing "night games". However, when Chad tells them the kiss was with his "leader", Shari and Ruby recoil and tell him how "weird" it is. He then immediately backpedals and says he would never do that. I wonder if the declared make-out sessions with the leaders of religious treks was a catalyst for them. Why would they even keep that in the vlog, joke or not? I would be very angry if I was the accused Trek leader too. I assume the leaders are legal adults.

Such Double Standards then because it’s evident Shari has a major crush on her coach.

Diablo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Diablo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Vlog4money wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm
Manitowoc123 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:14 pm
Diablo wrote:

So maybe getting kicked out of school was his intention. Self-sabotaging in the hope of going to a public school without religion or a strict code of conduct.
They live in Utah County Lol, their public schools are just as strict as the private schools. The further you get away from SLC proper, the nuttier it gets (excluding Park City). Utah isn’t secular in the least bit, but no one bats an eye because the church elders and investors bring in the Republican votes and strongholds. The same is said for rural parts of the south, so once again to be clear, I’m not singling out anyone. Just pointing out the whys.
justmeelinex
Amateur
Amateur

Post by justmeelinex » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 am

Why are the comments off again? They were on the last video. Now they’re all gone.

Return to “8 Passengers”