Talker

Re: 8 Passengers :Private Schools and Public Humiliations | Part #14

Post by Parktown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 am
ba1006 wrote:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:25 pm
I cannot understand how when someone asks Ruby is her channel is part of the "child focused content" and has to be worried about upcoming changes to youtube and she responds "I don't think so"....................Her whole "fan base" is mostly kids and teens. Her whole channel is based on exploiting her kids. Acne, Periods, First kiss, First boyfriend, Getting called down to the principals office, etc. The list could go on and on.....All of her vlogs are based on her kids and therefore "child focused content" She is delusional!
Someone asked Bonnie that same question and she answered that although her kids are in the vlogs, her channel is about her perspective of raising children. She also said she didn't think her channel would be affected with all the changes in January. Of course that makes no sense but they aren't exactly smart people.
Oh, but Bonnie is a "smart women". She's going to be fine, according to her. Of course, no one in that family can tell when to use woman vs women, or your vs you're, but they think they're all brilliant.
I think they're delusional. They keep saying they're going to be "fine". But as has been said, if you look at the most popular videos on their feed, they are most definitely kid-directed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Maybe Youtube will put in a feature where we can report anything we consider kid content that is why my index finger goes to the gym everyday keeping in top form!
It has a huge job to do.
imoverit
Amateur
Amateur

Post by imoverit » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:09 am

ghostboy wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:39 am
Trip804 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:34 pm
8onyoutube wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Yeah I was thinking this also...
I was wondering if he was maybe just overwhelmed by the evening. Having someone new over for dinner can be a stressful thing for someone his age. I remember my parents having guests over once and crying because a wooden spoon broke. It wasn't a big deal, I was just overwhelmed by too many things happening at once. What I did find odd though was that he seemed totally fine until at first then randomly started crying out of nowhere.
oh bless him, yeah i know a good few kids who would react similarly to be honest. i wouldn't normally think much of it.

...having said that though, the video does have a really tense vibe to it and watching everyone be so intense with the new guy was excruciating. since russell seems to have a ton of empathy i wonder whether he was acutely aware of emotions running high and whether the dish breaking was kinda the thing that broke the tension for him if you get me?

like the combination of ruby/chad there plus (i imagine) shari beforehand would be enough to make anyone cry. esp since his brother just came back from the desert and now they're clearly trying to marry his sister off. that house must feel like a rollercoaster that just doesn't stop. poor little guy :(
Yes you said exactly what I was thinking. He's definitely an empathetic, compassionate little boy which I love about him. Also seeing your mom upset, even about something silly, is upsetting. I honestly think Russel has got plenty to cry about being in that family, I'd never blame him for it!!
YTIG60
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 am

Parktown wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 am
Maybe Youtube will put in a feature where we can report anything we consider kid content that is why my index finger goes to the gym everyday keeping in top form!
It has a huge job to do.
I like your funny gym comment. :)
I don't believe YouTube will be able to ignore a viewer's reported (possible) kid-directed video like they've done in the past with other compliance issues. The FTC does have a consumer complaint online and a hotline. I also think consumer groups will be looking at this too and Family Channels have made a lot of noise or are trying to weaken COPPA. This could backfire on them.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Post by Bethypooh51 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:17 am

It is so great that this forum spilled the beans about the big move before they even announced anything!! But of course they won’t announce anything until you get passed all the prerecorded vlogs in the next two weeks. So...big question...where are they moving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shortstop » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:47 am

How did someone figure out they were selling their house??
Other than Ruby saying it’s hard for Princess Shari to live so far away that dates won’t pick her up??
classof2015
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by classof2015 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:51 am

I noticed when you go the the street view from one of the sites their house is listed on. Their house is blurred out and it’s the only house that is blurred. I wonder why

classof2015
Informer
Informer

Post by classof2015 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am

shortstop wrote:How did someone figure out they were selling their house??
Other than Ruby saying it’s hard for Princess Shari to live so far away that dates won’t pick her up??
Someone posted they were looking up houses for sale in their area or I think utah in general and saw their house pop up. Since it was recently listed it’s one of the first ones that came up

ctx2002
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ctx2002 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:59 pm

classof2015 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:51 am
I noticed when you go the the street view from one of the sites their house is listed on. Their house is blurred out and it’s the only house that is blurred. I wonder why
As the homeowner, Ruby can make a request to Google that it be blurred out. It's easy to do actually.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tiger27 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 pm

ctx2002 wrote:
classof2015 wrote:
As the homeowner, Ruby can make a request to Google that it be blurred out. It's easy to do actually.

Not that I don’t think it’s a good idea for a YouTuber to do, but it seems kind of pointless when Ruby has showed the front of their house numerous times and it makes it kind of obvious when it’s the only blurred out one.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Tiger27 wrote:
ctx2002 wrote:
classof2015 wrote:

Not that I don’t think it’s a good idea for a YouTuber to do, but it seems kind of pointless when Ruby has showed the front of their house numerous times and it makes it kind of obvious when it’s the only blurred out one.

Just what I was thinking: it doesn't do much good to blur it out when it's the only one blurred, and they're always showing the front and inside of the house anyway. It makes it super obvious when it's the only one blurred!
Ruby isn't the sharpest knife in the block, is she?

Mal2000
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Mal2000 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Trip804 wrote:
8onyoutube wrote:
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:57 pm
What was with Russell crying over Ruby's broken dish in yesterday's vlog? That was a bit strange...
I was wondering if he was maybe just overwhelmed by the evening. Having someone new over for dinner can be a stressful thing for someone his age. I remember my parents having guests over once and crying because a wooden spoon broke. It wasn't a big deal, I was just overwhelmed by too many things happening at once. What I did find odd though was that he seemed totally fine until at first then randomly started crying out of nowhere.
He may have been overwhelmed which would explain why he was acting up the whole video with the screaming and flailing because most kids do feel the need to perform (if not hide) when around new people; he was probably tired of this act and that also makes kids emotional. I also think he's just a very sensitive and empathetic kid so he probably was just upset because he knew his mom was upset.

side note: I've always thought Russell was possibly on the autism spectrum (because he possesses many of the same qualities as the autistic kids I've babysat and worked with at a daycare I volunteered at) but he could just be a bit odd because of the way Ruby is, she seems to try and make him and Eve her mini-me's and that often includes the fascination with school and old school play. If anyone has more to add please do
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Oh, but Ruby says he _can't_ be autistic, because he talked to construction workers that he didn't know.
Again, not the sharpest knife in the block. She doesn't get that it's a spectrum, and that just because Russell isn't like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman doesn't mean he isn't on the spectrum.

casual_fan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by casual_fan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 am

Chad goes hiking in the woods for three months and comes back as a one man Greek Chorus. Chad, "He loves you because he gave you a candy bar?" Damn Chad! Good job! Calling out Ruby and Kevin on all their bullshit behaviors. He might not have come back a man, but he came back with more emotional intelligence that generations of Griffiths/Frankes.

Then Russell imitating how his wife will react to his actions. That's horribly sad and something a six year old should never even consider. I wish those kids could be rescued from their toxic dysfunction.
Kataja
Informer
Informer

Post by Kataja » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:37 am

casual_fan wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:33 am
Chad goes hiking in the woods for three months and comes back as a one man Greek Chorus. Chad, "He loves you because he gave you a candy bar?" Damn Chad! Good job! Calling out Ruby and Kevin on all their bullshit behaviors. He might not have come back a man, but he came back with more emotional intelligence that generations of Griffiths/Frankes.

Then Russell imitating how his wife will react to his actions. That's horribly sad and something a six year old should never even consider. I wish those kids could be rescued from their toxic dysfunction.
I laughed out loud at his comment. Priceless. Ruby is such a bullshitter that I'm glad finally someone is seeing through that. Bring it on, Chad!
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 am

casual_fan wrote:Chad goes hiking in the woods for three months and comes back as a one man Greek Chorus. Chad, "He loves you because he gave you a candy bar?" Damn Chad! Good job! Calling out Ruby and Kevin on all their bullshit behaviors. He might not have come back a man, but he came back with more emotional intelligence that generations of Griffiths/Frankes.

I said from the beginning that it might backfire on them. This is hilarious! #freeChad!

ghostboy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ghostboy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 am

Mal2000 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm
Trip804 wrote:
8onyoutube wrote:

He may have been overwhelmed which would explain why he was acting up the whole video with the screaming and flailing because most kids do feel the need to perform (if not hide) when around new people; he was probably tired of this act and that also makes kids emotional. I also think he's just a very sensitive and empathetic kid so he probably was just upset because he knew his mom was upset.

side note: I've always thought Russell was possibly on the autism spectrum (because he possesses many of the same qualities as the autistic kids I've babysat and worked with at a daycare I volunteered at) but he could just be a bit odd because of the way Ruby is, she seems to try and make him and Eve her mini-me's and that often includes the fascination with school and old school play. If anyone has more to add please do
yeah i thought that too with the flailing around etc. he also seems very attuned to ruby's emotions (no idea why... -_-) so i'd imagine it was all just way too much for him.

and yeah, a lot of people have speculated autism with russell and i definitely see where you're coming from. to me though, as someone with adhd (and i've said this before so anyone reading this feel free to skip if i get boring lol) it looks as though ruby & most of the kids have at least some adhd traits, which has a lot of overlap with autism and often gets mistaken for autism - often even by professionals (i'm not at all trying to diagnose here though btw!). so i'd put it down more to that. but since autism isn't a far cry from adhd, i think we're all spotting similar signs lol. he looks to me like he has a lot of sensory difficulties and issues with regulating his emotions to name a couple, bless him. if he does have something going on, i really hope someone picks up on it and teaches ruby and kevin how to help him with it, rather than pressuring him into rollerblading or whatever it was. i think they think that they can just force him to get over it.
geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Post by geezlouise_99 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Sharis lost 1k on YouTube
Parktown
Talker
Talker

Post by Parktown » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:58 pm

geezlouise_99 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:24 pm
Their net worth is 2 million why would it even matter?
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Post by Gossip_Girl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:01 pm
Tiger27 wrote:
ctx2002 wrote:

Just what I was thinking: it doesn't do much good to blur it out when it's the only one blurred, and they're always showing the front and inside of the house anyway. It makes it super obvious when it's the only one blurred!
Ruby isn't the sharpest knife in the block, is she?

I think this change was made within the past 4 months or so. I remember looking at their home earlier this year and it wasn't blurred. I don' know how quickly Google fulfills those requests.
lurkerthatposts
Talker
Talker

Post by lurkerthatposts » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Parktown wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:58 pm
geezlouise_99 wrote:
Their net worth is 2 million why would it even matter?
I think it's just interesting to note... It's not really very normal to be losing subscribers if you're posting regularly with similar content to what you've been doing. Maybe some people aren't appreciating her passive aggressive instagram stories or actions and words toward her siblings?
i_just_cant
Amateur
Amateur

Post by i_just_cant » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 pm

geezlouise_99 wrote:
At first glance you'd think she bought 1000 subscribers and lost them all, but after looking at other YouTuber profiles on SocialBlade, it looks like there's a problem with subscriber counts across the site.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Catface2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 am

Omg! My teeth are so white because I gulp down 3 giant glasses of milk with my Oreos a day! She’s gross. Question.. what mother puts herself to bed early before her 6 year old? Ruby is insane! I just want to slap her silly! Obviously Julie doesn’t want to do dance..she wants to do basketball. Ruby wants her to do dance.. selfish clown!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thenightowl » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 am

Yeah her whole "it's your choice but you did commit to dancing first"... just let Julie choose Ruby! and while I am at it, it IS lazy that you can't even manage to read to your kids, that you have to hire someone to stay late so they can read to them, that's sad!
Happy+Charlie
Talker
Talker

Post by Happy+Charlie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:53 am

Good grief, this woman is unbelievable!!!! As she stands in the kitchen shoving cookies into her mouth, a tutor is sitting in another room with her two youngest reading with them.A powerful mom, would be multi-tasking and doing it all herself! Power moms put their children's needs first! I could not imagine going on to bed and allowing my 2 youngest (under 8?) to put themselves to bed. The only time EVER this would have been done is if I was sick and, only then, would I go to bed before them if dad was around to take my place.
Last edited by Happy+Charlie on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Post by avabrooke1226 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 am

thenightowl wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 am
Yeah her whole "it's your choice but you did commit to dancing first"... just let Julie choose Ruby! and while I am at it, it IS lazy that you can't even manage to read to your kids, that you have to hire someone to stay late so they can read to them, that's sad!
That annoyed me so much! “It’s your choice Julie” .. unless you don’t choose what I want. Ugh.. poor Julie looked confused and disappointed. Why even pretend it’s her choice?!

Return to “8 Passengers”