8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post Reply
boychik0830
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 3:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by boychik0830 »

kates_crush wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 am
The woman who refuses to help her children with school work, who doesn’t even check to see if they have done their homework, wants to homeschool all her kids? Ahahahahaha I mean, it doesn’t really matter if the girls are smart and just barely graduate, they are only destined to find a husband at 20 and pop out a bunch of kids.
I find this really funny as she wants to punish her kids when they get a c or lower but won't help them with school at all. Eve needs help staying focused on her school work since she gets distracted easily but ruby won't do anything about it. If ruby doesn't want to teach them then why doesn't she send everyone to a public school. Probably because they don't teach them anything about mormon stuff and that is more important than any other topic like English or math. This could also be hsr way of punishing the kids because they couldn't go back to their private school this year. It seems whenever ruby punishes the kids for something she doesn't always follow through with it like the electronics and give it back because she is tired of enforcing the rules.
User avatar
Josette
Talker
Talker
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:31 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Josette »

Happy+Charlie wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:14 pm
rulatows000 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:59 am
So the cousins come over and it's all about 'food and fun', while Ruby's own kids are sleeping on the floor, not allowed to have friends, not allowed to have more than one drumstick for dinner, and not entitled to entertainment. Wonder what Chad thinks of her telling Boston, "I love you like my own son." Also, where are all the older kids? Lately she's just been showing a lot of Eve and Russell and her and Kevin going all over the place and doing fun things. I guess if the other kids don't want to come that's ok, but I would really like to see Kevin and Ruby taking just the older kids out for a little treat and some quality time. If the little kids get to go to an aquatic park and get ice cream and go to Kevin's workplace, the older kids should get a special day, too.
It's funny you say this, cause I thought the same thing. Food and entertainment when cousins are there, no wonder the Franke kids like it. However, the Hoellein boys like it, cause they are treated the same way at home as the Franke kids. Very little to eat, and when they get food, it's so random, like the other night Bonnie showed she made squash and some other veggie with it, and I thought, yum, yum, that's all they get too. Or, they get the same soup for 4 nights, til it's all gone; or 1/2 cup of yogurt with honey for breakfast.
I think in part the Hoellein boys like it because unlike their mother, Aunt Ruby seldom serves veggies, something which young children often dislike. And I don't think for a second that Lincoln really like that protein shake his mom made, but was just saying that to please her.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2930 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Random follow-up discovery on Ruby implying she nearly killed Shari at 3 months. I found a video on Shari's channel where Ruby clarifies that she had actually taken Shari to the doctor 2 days in a row and they told her she essentially had a minor virus. So Ruby did seek medical care. But at the end of the second night, when Shari was sicker than ever, Ruby refused to take her back in again until the next day. Kevin told her she could stay home and go to bed but he was taking the baby to the hospital. Ruby said she complained that they were overreacting and didn't want to get laughed at because "they can't take care of a kid with a cold". Shari was rushed directly into emergency surgery and doctors told them to prepare themselves that she might not make it.

Even if Ruby and/or Kevin hadn't taken Shari in, that is understandable based on the hack opinions of whatever doctors Ruby saw, and I don't think they would have received any blame (back then) had Shari passed. So why would a mother so eagerly tell this specific narrative of how she nearly prevented her baby from receiving life saving emergency surgery, ironically over selfish concerns of her reputation as a mother amongst strangers? Anyone with human emotions should feel regret/anger/shame/sadness/etc. SOMETHING, and try to avoid the discomfort of retelling the story. For her, it is simply an entertaining anecdote she tells at parties and for millions of kids on the internet. And then she still failed to ever be able to identify what a creature suffering untold pain looks like over the next 17 years.

At least with Russell's femur, she seemed to have a twinge of "something" when recalling how the lack of care delayed him for years. Perhaps regret, simply because she had to carry him around for several years and that was physically taxing on her. I don't think she can even comprehend the concept of empathy, or the fact that every time she joyfully talks about medical negligence of her kids, complete strangers feel all the uncomfortable emotions she should be feeling herself. After 6 kids, how can a person still be completely unable to detect when her children are in excruciating pain, or in Shari's case, literally dying from the inside out?

I once risked interjecting myself into my sister's marriage, to advocate for their dog who I could tell was "not just sick" and needed to get the testing done they were arguing over (he died 2 weeks later but they were able to prepare for it and make him comfortable). A dog. These are kids! Kevin never sees his kids and he knew Shari was dying. Ruby must be damaged well beyond even my estimation.

Again, I wonder what possibly happened to those Griffiths girls growing up?
User avatar
Josette
Talker
Talker
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:31 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Josette »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Random follow-up discovery on Ruby implying she nearly killed Shari at 3 months. I found a video on Shari's channel where Ruby clarifies that she had actually taken Shari to the doctor 2 days in a row and they told her she essentially had a minor virus. So Ruby did seek medical care. But at the end of the second night, when Shari was sicker than ever, Ruby refused to take her back in again until the next day. Kevin told her she could stay home and go to bed but he was taking the baby to the hospital. Ruby said she complained that they were overreacting and didn't want to get laughed at because "they can't take care of a kid with a cold". Shari was rushed directly into emergency surgery and doctors told them to prepare themselves that she might not make it.

Even if Ruby and/or Kevin hadn't taken Shari in, that is understandable based on the hack opinions of whatever doctors Ruby saw, and I don't think they would have received any blame (back then) had Shari passed. So why would a mother so eagerly tell this specific narrative of how she nearly prevented her baby from receiving life saving emergency surgery, ironically over selfish concerns of her reputation as a mother amongst strangers? Anyone with human emotions should feel regret/anger/shame/sadness/etc. SOMETHING, and try to avoid the discomfort of retelling the story. For her, it is simply an entertaining anecdote she tells at parties and for millions of kids on the internet. And then she still failed to ever be able to identify what a creature suffering untold pain looks like over the next 17 years.

At least with Russell's femur, she seemed to have a twinge of "something" when recalling how the lack of care delayed him for years. Perhaps regret, simply because she had to carry him around for several years and that was physically taxing on her. I don't think she can even comprehend the concept of empathy, or the fact that every time she joyfully talks about medical negligence of her kids, complete strangers feel all the uncomfortable emotions she should be feeling herself. After 6 kids, how can a person still be completely unable to detect when her children are in excruciating pain, or in Shari's case, literally dying from the inside out?

I once risked interjecting myself into my sister's marriage, to advocate for their dog who I could tell was "not just sick" and needed to get the testing done they were arguing over (he died 2 weeks later but they were able to prepare for it and make him comfortable). A dog. These are kids! Kevin never sees his kids and he knew Shari was dying. Ruby must be damaged well beyond even my estimation.

Again, I wonder what possibly happened to those Griffiths girls growing up?
Simply put, they had Chad and Jennifer as parents. Chad is just straight up a tyrant and they both have a history of neglect. When Beau's daughter, Kate, suffered two broken arms back in July it was because of Beau behavior. When Bonnie was telling her kids about Cousin Kate's broken arms she regaled them with a story about how she broke an arm as a child and her parents didn't believe her so they didn't take her to a doctor for awhile. Bonnie laughed about this as though not getting a child necessary medical treatment was funny.

Rotten apple trees produce rotten apples.
nesland300
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:35 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by nesland300 »

Funny how Ruby thinks she’s in a place to be able to make a video giving pantry cleaning advice when her pantry needed a multi-day, take everything out and start again, complete do-over cleaning and reorganization after having that house for not even a year.
sparklypony
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:33 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by sparklypony »

It really bothered me how she kept calling the pantry a closet ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

rulatows000
Talker
Talker
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:51 am
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 379 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by rulatows000 »

Her pantry is so weird. She's got enormous buckets of pancake mix, flour, and containers of cornmeal and spices, but no ready made food. Besides cereal and bread, it didn't look like she had any actual snacks in there for the kids. Did she throw away all the chips, slim jims, etc, that were in there in the beginning, because the end product just looked like an assortment of mixes and spices to make food. No snacks that the kids can just go in there and grab. And why won't she buy fruit snacks for Chad? She told him in the other vlog that it's a little kids snack. What? Literally everyone eats fruit snacks. I always thought it was so weird when the kids would come home from school and she'd have some little platter of cauliflower and cheese or something for their snack. I never see the kids just munching on chips or beef sticks or anything, or even munching on something healthier like veggies or a granola bar. So not only does she give them tiny portions, but they never have anything to snack on besides pieces of bread or whatever minuscule snack Ruby decides to make.
emma2948
Talker
Talker
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 pm
Has thanked: 641 times
Been thanked: 543 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by emma2948 »

rulatows000 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:38 am
Her pantry is so weird. She's got enormous buckets of pancake mix, flour, and containers of cornmeal and spices, but no ready made food. Besides cereal and bread, it didn't look like she had any actual snacks in there for the kids. Did she throw away all the chips, slim jims, etc, that were in there in the beginning, because the end product just looked like an assortment of mixes and spices to make food. No snacks that the kids can just go in there and grab. And why won't she buy fruit snacks for Chad? She told him in the other vlog that it's a little kids snack. What? Literally everyone eats fruit snacks. I always thought it was so weird when the kids would come home from school and she'd have some little platter of cauliflower and cheese or something for their snack. I never see the kids just munching on chips or beef sticks or anything, or even munching on something healthier like veggies or a granola bar. So not only does she give them tiny portions, but they never have anything to snack on besides pieces of bread or whatever minuscule snack Ruby decides to make.
I honestly think these kids have been denied proper food/ proper portions for so long that they might not even get "hungry" as often anymore. Their bodies have gotten so used to being fed tiny portions of food for so long that it no longer bothers them. I mean, the only time we really see them eating "enough" is when they go out and get fast food, which is also not a good thing, but we all know Ruby doesn't care enough to cook more as it would turn her into #victimmom. My cousins used to barely eat. All just because their own mom never got enough food for the entire week that they started to eat less food and less frequently. And the more they did this, the more they got used to it. Eventually, they came over to sleepover at our house and we saw how little they were eating and we had to step in and tell our aunt and uncle to do something about it.
User avatar
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 665
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 2968 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Happy+Charlie »

Was her pantry reorg sponsored? I hope not.
nesland300
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:35 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by nesland300 »

Happy+Charlie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 am
Was her pantry reorg sponsored? I hope not.
I don't think so. A few days ago someone pointed out that these cleaning videos she's been doing are probably a sort of audition for getting back into sponsorships. Something like "hey look household item companies, we're sponsorable!" Or trying to hook in some company that isn't aware of the controversy yet.
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1696
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm
Has thanked: 5984 times
Been thanked: 5845 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by YTIG60 »

nesland300 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:07 am
Happy+Charlie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 am
Was her pantry reorg sponsored? I hope not.
I don't think so. A few days ago someone pointed out that these cleaning videos she's been doing are probably a sort of audition for getting back into sponsorships. Something like "hey look household item companies, we're sponsorable!" Or trying to hook in some company that isn't aware of the controversy yet.
I bet sponsors will stay away for a while.
I don't think she has given up on being a Life Coach. :-o Ruby might want to work on herself in the areas of Responsibility, Humility, and Honesty at this retreat.

8passengers Join us at a Women’s Retreat! We will be learning about body image, what is love vs. lust, parenting, self-care, boundaries with love and much more! The link to sign up is in my bio. I hope you come hang out with us❤️
ConneXions
•Transforming lives
•Responsibility, Humility, and Honesty
|Founder: Jodi Hildebrandt, MSLPC and Life Coach
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1696
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm
Has thanked: 5984 times
Been thanked: 5845 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by YTIG60 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Random follow-up discovery on Ruby implying she nearly killed Shari at 3 months. I found a video on Shari's channel where Ruby clarifies that she had actually taken Shari to the doctor 2 days in a row and they told her she essentially had a minor virus. So Ruby did seek medical care. But at the end of the second night, when Shari was sicker than ever, Ruby refused to take her back in again until the next day. Kevin told her she could stay home and go to bed but he was taking the baby to the hospital. Ruby said she complained that they were overreacting and didn't want to get laughed at because "they can't take care of a kid with a cold". Shari was rushed directly into emergency surgery and doctors told them to prepare themselves that she might not make it.

I once risked interjecting myself into my sister's marriage, to advocate for their dog who I could tell was "not just sick" and needed to get the testing done they were arguing over (he died 2 weeks later but they were able to prepare for it and make him comfortable). A dog. These are kids! Kevin never sees his kids and he knew Shari was dying. Ruby must be damaged well beyond even my estimation.

Again, I wonder what possibly happened to those Griffiths girls growing up?
Is Shari as smart as she portrays. Her AP scores were just ok. I'm always suspicious when students start question their test taking skills. It looks like she is able apply only one or two of her AP classes towards her college credits. Should she have been taking AP classes to begin with?

Is this what surgery Shari had that you referred to in the video? What vlog was this where Ruby downplayed this incident? I can only image how fussy a baby would be due to pain with this intestinal problem.

Shari: I had a surgery on my stomach when I was three months old and they had to remove six inches of my intestines because, I think.. I still don't even... I think it's called an intussusception, but It was not fun
User avatar
Josette
Talker
Talker
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:31 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Josette »

emma2948 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 am
rulatows000 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:38 am
Her pantry is so weird. She's got enormous buckets of pancake mix, flour, and containers of cornmeal and spices, but no ready made food. Besides cereal and bread, it didn't look like she had any actual snacks in there for the kids. Did she throw away all the chips, slim jims, etc, that were in there in the beginning, because the end product just looked like an assortment of mixes and spices to make food. No snacks that the kids can just go in there and grab. And why won't she buy fruit snacks for Chad? She told him in the other vlog that it's a little kids snack. What? Literally everyone eats fruit snacks. I always thought it was so weird when the kids would come home from school and she'd have some little platter of cauliflower and cheese or something for their snack. I never see the kids just munching on chips or beef sticks or anything, or even munching on something healthier like veggies or a granola bar. So not only does she give them tiny portions, but they never have anything to snack on besides pieces of bread or whatever minuscule snack Ruby decides to make.
I honestly think these kids have been denied proper food/ proper portions for so long that they might not even get "hungry" as often anymore. Their bodies have gotten so used to being fed tiny portions of food for so long that it no longer bothers them. I mean, the only time we really see them eating "enough" is when they go out and get fast food, which is also not a good thing, but we all know Ruby doesn't care enough to cook more as it would turn her into #victimmom. My cousins used to barely eat. All just because their own mom never got enough food for the entire week that they started to eat less food and less frequently. And the more they did this, the more they got used to it. Eventually, they came over to sleepover at our house and we saw how little they were eating and we had to step in and tell our aunt and uncle to do something about it.
My family wasn't exactly poor, but close to it growing up, but my folks always made certain my sister and I were fed properly 3 times a day. The only times I can recall missing a meal is if my sister or I were sick and weren't up to eating. We had an old chest freezer that was full of meat (folks went in half with a relative to buy an entire beef), we'd go to U-pick places for stawberries, ear corn, green beans and apples that were processed in various ways for future use. We bought live chickens from a former neighbor and slaughtered them in our back yard. We also had a garden where we grew lettuce, green onions and tomatoes, plus there was a small grape trellis in the back yard that (previous owner had planted the grapes), so mom made homemade grape juice (Tasted like Welch's white grape juice).

They also had a several fights with some of our relatives who were of the mindset that adults (men) ate first, and only after they had eaten their fill could the women and children eat what was left. Not surprisingly, these relatives' children were all underweight and often sick because they were not getting the nutrition they needed. On the rare occasions these relatives were invited to our place for a cook out or reunion they'd try to impose their rules on all the women & children present and my folks just wouldn't tolerate that. Poor kids must have thought they were in heaven with no restrictions on eating as much as they wanted, but their jackhole parents just sulked & pouted because they didn't get their way. FWIW, the only reason my folks invited these relatives in the first place was because of the kids.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2930 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

YTIG60 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:10 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Random follow-up discovery on Ruby implying she nearly killed Shari at 3 months. I found a video on Shari's channel where Ruby clarifies that she had actually taken Shari to the doctor 2 days in a row and they told her she essentially had a minor virus. So Ruby did seek medical care. But at the end of the second night, when Shari was sicker than ever, Ruby refused to take her back in again until the next day. Kevin told her she could stay home and go to bed but he was taking the baby to the hospital. Ruby said she complained that they were overreacting and didn't want to get laughed at because "they can't take care of a kid with a cold". Shari was rushed directly into emergency surgery and doctors told them to prepare themselves that she might not make it.

I once risked interjecting myself into my sister's marriage, to advocate for their dog who I could tell was "not just sick" and needed to get the testing done they were arguing over (he died 2 weeks later but they were able to prepare for it and make him comfortable). A dog. These are kids! Kevin never sees his kids and he knew Shari was dying. Ruby must be damaged well beyond even my estimation.

Again, I wonder what possibly happened to those Griffiths girls growing up?
Is Shari as smart as she portrays. Her AP scores were just ok. I'm always suspicious when students start question their test taking skills. It looks like she is able apply only one or two of her AP classes towards her college credits. Should she have been taking AP classes to begin with?

Is this what surgery Shari had that you referred to in the video? What vlog was this where Ruby downplayed this incident? I can only image how fussy a baby would be due to pain with this intestinal problem.

Shari: I had a surgery on my stomach when I was three months old and they had to remove six inches of my intestines because, I think.. I still don't even... I think it's called an intussusception, but It was not fun
I don't believe she is as smart as she portrays. She simply worked really hard at school to achieve grade level status quo, which is honestly impressive with the handicap of her family. Any standardized test has also suggested she is a run-of-the-mill decent student. If you watch back to the beginning, you can see the development of her parents push to make her more "scholarly", making fun of her romance novel obsession and pressuring her to read "quality" books. That is when she started lying about reading a novel every day, and "interest" in law books, etc.. I know people are upset at how she seemingly just stopped caring about school last year, but she must have been putting so much energy into pretending to be this Harvard bound law scholar when all she wanted to do was pump some iron and read a raunchy sex book. Granted I suspect she will eventually move on from this exercise kick as well, and only started it for the attention/approval of Dad and "coach". I think it was just a suitable replacement for a her previous "approval scheme" that must have been boring and emotionally exhausting, needing to abandon it for her own mental health.

Girls raised by narcissistic moms often find themselves with similar struggles. If you look up "signs you have a narcissistic daughter" on YT, it specifies that the only reason they perform in school is for the attention/approval of the teachers/parents. There is no internal reason for achievement. So it would make sense that once the school closed for COVID, she no longer felt the rush of the teacher's attention and literally chucked it all away. That video is enlightening, and seems to describe Shari exceptionally well. Including the fact that she has to always be recognized for her "good deeds", which is why she likely is always butting in, talking over her siblings taking credit for ideas. Or that all criticism/advise is rejected, etc.

I do think anyone should take AP classes if they can keep up. You don't have to be the best. I didn't even take the AP tests, because most colleges don't accept the scores for credit, so it is wasted money and added stress. I also believe some people genuinely don't test well (I don't), but test prep seemed to be Shari's bread and butter, copying her notes over and over again and memorizing. AP Chem is no joke though, and memorizing will not get you through it. Since she struggles with grade level math, I think AP Chem is just beyond her ability. Yet she failed every test and still walked away with an A, because....private school? Top tier colleges will still expect you to take AP classes though, to indicate your motivation and ability to manage difficult coursework.

And yes, the 3 mo old surgery where "she almost died" was the Intussusception. It seems to be a favorite family story in vlogs which is disturbing. Here is the one I was referencing:

User avatar
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 665
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 2968 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Happy+Charlie »

Josette wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:13 pm
emma2948 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 am
rulatows000 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:38 am
Her pantry is so weird. She's got enormous buckets of pancake mix, flour, and containers of cornmeal and spices, but no ready made food. Besides cereal and bread, it didn't look like she had any actual snacks in there for the kids. Did she throw away all the chips, slim jims, etc, that were in there in the beginning, because the end product just looked like an assortment of mixes and spices to make food. No snacks that the kids can just go in there and grab. And why won't she buy fruit snacks for Chad? She told him in the other vlog that it's a little kids snack. What? Literally everyone eats fruit snacks. I always thought it was so weird when the kids would come home from school and she'd have some little platter of cauliflower and cheese or something for their snack. I never see the kids just munching on chips or beef sticks or anything, or even munching on something healthier like veggies or a granola bar. So not only does she give them tiny portions, but they never have anything to snack on besides pieces of bread or whatever minuscule snack Ruby decides to make.
I honestly think these kids have been denied proper food/ proper portions for so long that they might not even get "hungry" as often anymore. Their bodies have gotten so used to being fed tiny portions of food for so long that it no longer bothers them. I mean, the only time we really see them eating "enough" is when they go out and get fast food, which is also not a good thing, but we all know Ruby doesn't care enough to cook more as it would turn her into #victimmom. My cousins used to barely eat. All just because their own mom never got enough food for the entire week that they started to eat less food and less frequently. And the more they did this, the more they got used to it. Eventually, they came over to sleepover at our house and we saw how little they were eating and we had to step in and tell our aunt and uncle to do something about it.
My family wasn't exactly poor, but close to it growing up, but my folks always made certain my sister and I were fed properly 3 times a day. The only times I can recall missing a meal is if my sister or I were sick and weren't up to eating. We had an old chest freezer that was full of meat (folks went in half with a relative to buy an entire beef), we'd go to U-pick places for stawberries, ear corn, green beans and apples that were processed in various ways for future use. We bought live chickens from a former neighbor and slaughtered them in our back yard. We also had a garden where we grew lettuce, green onions and tomatoes, plus there was a small grape trellis in the back yard that (previous owner had planted the grapes), so mom made homemade grape juice (Tasted like Welch's white grape juice).

They also had a several fights with some of our relatives who were of the mindset that adults (men) ate first, and only after they had eaten their fill could the women and children eat what was left. Not surprisingly, these relatives' children were all underweight and often sick because they were not getting the nutrition they needed. On the rare occasions these relatives were invited to our place for a cook out or reunion they'd try to impose their rules on all the women & children present and my folks just wouldn't tolerate that. Poor kids must have thought they were in heaven with no restrictions on eating as much as they wanted, but their jackhole parents just sulked & pouted because they didn't get their way. FWIW, the only reason my folks invited these relatives in the first place was because of the kids.
The "adults eat first," and kids get what's left falls perfectly in line with the Griffith mind set. How many times have we heard Jennifer say, "it's too good for the kids to have," I think one of the daughters has said it too. They seriously seem to think kids are beneath them, and adults are first and most important. Most other parents put their children's well-being and needs first, not this bunch as we've seen too many times by Ruby, Bonnie and Ellie.
mix10
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:34 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by mix10 »

They are seriously out here inviting people to a women’s retreat during a pandemic?? I guess knowing a Ruby it’s not surprising, but still...
CognitiveDissonance
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

I tend to give Shari a massive break when it comes to her behavior. For so many years, especially in the beginning videos you could see Shari and Ruby just clashing/rubbing each other the wrong way. It really seemed like Shari wanted nothing to do with her mom. Shari seemed like she was hungry all the time and always just as assumed child caregiver for Ruby. Regardless if her grades are not perfect A's, I do believe that she is the smartest one in the house (yes including Kevin).

I think we don't see her "boyfriend" or "school friends" any more is that she flat out refuses to play that game with Ruby. She used to give her mom some footage of her evenings out, but that stopped before the move. I think Shari is full into her exercise addiction that she can share with her dad away from the house.

If Ruby chooses to homeschool but doesn't put Shari back into private school for her senior year, I can see her enrolling herself at the local high school. She's not about to get trapped into Ruby's Flower's in the Attic: Homeschool 2020 bc she will end up as primary teacher and she does not have the patience for that. Ruby needs to help Russell with his reading and Ruby needs to get Abby caught up with math. It would be nice to see Kevin participate, but I don't see that happening. This is Not Shari's responsibility. This family has resources more than most.
CognitiveDissonance
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

I tend to give Shari a massive break when it comes to her behavior. For so many years, especially in the beginning videos you could see Shari and Ruby just clashing/rubbing each other the wrong way. It really seemed like Shari wanted nothing to do with her mom. Shari seemed like she was hungry all the time and always just as assumed child caregiver for Ruby. Regardless if her grades are not perfect A's, I do believe that she is the smartest one in the house (yes including Kevin).

I think we don't see her "boyfriend" or "school friends" any more is that she flat out refuses to play that game with Ruby. She used to give her mom some footage of her evenings out, but that stopped before the move. I think Shari is full into her exercise addiction that she can share with her dad away from the house.

If Ruby chooses to homeschool but doesn't put Shari back into private school for her senior year, I can see her enrolling herself at the local high school. She's not about to get trapped into Ruby's Flower's in the Attic: Homeschool 2020 bc she will end up as primary teacher and she does not have the patience for that. Ruby needs to help Russell with his reading and Ruby needs to get Abby caught up with math. It would be nice to see Kevin participate, but I don't see that happening. This is Not Shari's responsibility. This family has resources more than most.
imoverit
Informer
Informer
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am
Has thanked: 2348 times
Been thanked: 1058 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by imoverit »

Ruby needs to stop with this forced S-whistling nonsense. I think it's getting worse, it's totally unbearable.
User avatar
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 2101
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04 pm
Has thanked: 7595 times
Been thanked: 1412 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by rdt1004 »

Does Chad go to seminary? I know Shari definitely does because she goes to the private Mormon school, but since Chad goes to public school (and maybe just home school now) maybe he doesn’t have to? Just a random thought I had. Sending him to that wilderness camp was probably the worst move if Ruby was trying to make him more pious/religious. That entire time he was gone would’ve been a long break from the daily church indoctrination for teenagers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2930 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

rdt1004 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:16 am
Does Chad go to seminary? I know Shari definitely does because she goes to the private Mormon school, but since Chad goes to public school (and maybe just home school now) maybe he doesn’t have to? Just a random thought I had. Sending him to that wilderness camp was probably the worst move if Ruby was trying to make him more pious/religious. That entire time he was gone would’ve been a long break from the daily church indoctrination for teenagers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I gather from other Mormon vlogger channels, the public schools in Utah offer seminary before normal classes. Even the ones in Texas public school went to seminary before class. If Chad isn't going, it is because he is refusing.

Regarding Anasazi, they made him carry the bible/BOM through the dessert without so much as a backpack. Based on the complaints of non-Mormon counselors, I wouldn't be surprised if they also had informal meetings on Sundays under someones tarp to discuss scripture. I know the Brat Camps that are not in the dessert, take the kids to an actual church on Sundays. I doubt he got a break, and if anything, may have become acutely aware of the additional physical burden of being forced to carry his parents beliefs.

Is it my imagination or are they not really talking about preparing Chad for a mission?
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2930 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58 am
I tend to give Shari a massive break when it comes to her behavior. For so many years, especially in the beginning videos you could see Shari and Ruby just clashing/rubbing each other the wrong way. It really seemed like Shari wanted nothing to do with her mom. Shari seemed like she was hungry all the time and always just as assumed child caregiver for Ruby. Regardless if her grades are not perfect A's, I do believe that she is the smartest one in the house (yes including Kevin).

I think we don't see her "boyfriend" or "school friends" any more is that she flat out refuses to play that game with Ruby. She used to give her mom some footage of her evenings out, but that stopped before the move. I think Shari is full into her exercise addiction that she can share with her dad away from the house.

If Ruby chooses to homeschool but doesn't put Shari back into private school for her senior year, I can see her enrolling herself at the local high school. She's not about to get trapped into Ruby's Flower's in the Attic: Homeschool 2020 bc she will end up as primary teacher and she does not have the patience for that. Ruby needs to help Russell with his reading and Ruby needs to get Abby caught up with math. It would be nice to see Kevin participate, but I don't see that happening. This is Not Shari's responsibility. This family has resources more than most.
I agree with you that Shari is the smartest in the house. I am an Engineer and hearing Kevin speak makes me cringe every time. Unless he was letting the experiment fail to help Shari learn, that bridge building vlog provided a terrifying insight into Kevin's innate understanding of simple trusses (or lack thereof). Ruby actively works against them in their education, so it is a huge credit to Shari that she has been the only kid in the house to not fall below grade level.

I also agree that Shari is too smart to be trapped in Ruby's Flower's in the Attic: Homeschool 2020 (awesome name, can we make this the next thread title?). I still have hope Kevin will participate in the homeschool with tutoring after work at minimum. I am in this weird place with Kevin. I find him to be awful, but after watching tons of old footage it is clear that when he was around (which isn't enough), he was often spending the time with his kids. We just never saw as much footage of it because Ruby was the one with the camera at home, and Kevin was shuttling the kids around.

When it was only Shari and Chad at the private school, Kevin was the one driving them up before work, and then picking up from activities after work. When he couldn't fit the long school commute in anymore, Ruby still refused to drive them, choosing to sleep in with Eve every day and hire a driver. He was always coming home with surprise pizzas as if he had known Ruby would fail to feed the kids dinner yet again. He would bring Chad to the sport's bar for his birthday, or Abby to harp camp weekend, buying her a new outfit when she forgot to pack a dress. He didn't even make her pay for it. I still haven't figured out when Kevin abandoned the one-on-one time though, as neither parent seems to make an effort now.
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 23882
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 38254 times
Been thanked: 29543 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by lmmomSD »

I guess public schools in Utah are different than elsewhere. When I went to Seminary with my best friend in high school, (no I'm not Mormon, don't ask me why I went-- suffice it to say I was a good friend and my going made it bearable for my BFF), we went at the local ward, not school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:32 am
Has thanked: 9116 times
Been thanked: 469 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by emlyx »

I'm sure she would've kick him out if he wasn't attending seminary

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

imoverit
Informer
Informer
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:56 am
Has thanked: 2348 times
Been thanked: 1058 times

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Post by imoverit »

L1g4d wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:28 pm
Does anyone know what happened to Ruby's cousins? Lately all the vlogs (ruby and her siblings) have been about fun cousin time and making memories with cousins like they did as children. Obviously the adults have their youtube friends now, but what happened to those "special bonds" that they made. I know they talk about some aunts and uncle but I've never seen any cousins around their age or at reunions they talk so fondly of.
I’ve been thinking about this. I get the impression that the Griffiths bunch sort of use extended family for “childhood memories” and to have this picturesque family life. But then they are expected to ditch all that and give their own new immediate family 100% of their focus when they get married and have kids. It’s kind of like how they all say that Christmas Day is for just their immediate family, that’s their ultimate focus and nobody else actually matters except to have childhood memories to talk about later in life. I definitely think for example Julie and Abby are expected to be best friends forever above anyone else, and Olivia is cute as their childhood friend but in the end their mother expects them to be each other’s lifelong #1 (until marriage when they get kicked down a notch!)
Post Reply

Return to “8 Passengers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests