8 Passengers: No beds, no food, but mom loves motherhood! | Part 18

paws10
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: No beds, no food, but mom loves motherhood! | Part 18

Post by paws10 »

Yrulikethis wrote:Oh my GOD! I got curious and I found The Frankes info.... literally EVERYTHING!!! its so scary how EASY it was to find too.... (No I'm not posting it because Im not about to doxx someone)
Then why did you even post about that..

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan »

shortstop wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:10 am Has anyone figured out the uploading schedule now??
She doesn't really have a schedule anymore-it's just when she feels like it I guess. I hope Ruby isn't doing all the classes like she is doing the reading-all the ages together. Call of the Wild is way beyond what Eve should be doing!

I wonder if Ruby got a sponsorship deal on the hot tub? She makes a point to video and compliment how good of a job they were doing moving it in. She also points out the brand and company name of the hot tub. I had to laugh when she talked about it not being hot enough-it takes a while to totally heat up.
imoverit
Informer
Informer

Post by imoverit »

I'm catching up on videos so I don't know if it's been mentioned but how weird is it that in the "Forgot my senior" vlog Ruby acknowledges that she knows there's weirdos online who save pictures of people's feet?? I'm weird about that so if I had an online presence I would make a point to never show my feet. How strange that she knows that happens yet she still intentionally shows her kids' feet... like that would be very easy to keep out of videos. Especially if she'd keep them off her counters!!
Josette
Informer
Informer

Post by Josette »

sheltiefan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 am
shortstop wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:10 am Has anyone figured out the uploading schedule now??
She doesn't really have a schedule anymore-it's just when she feels like it I guess. I hope Ruby isn't doing all the classes like she is doing the reading-all the ages together. Call of the Wild is way beyond what Eve should be doing!

I wonder if Ruby got a sponsorship deal on the hot tub? She makes a point to video and compliment how good of a job they were doing moving it in. She also points out the brand and company name of the hot tub. I had to laugh when she talked about it not being hot enough-it takes a while to totally heat up.
It's way above Russell's reading level as well. You just cannot do a one-size-fits-all method when teaching children of vastly different ages. Back in the era when it was a one-room school house the students weren't all learning the same material. Kids in what would be considered first grade level would be studying their primer where they learned the alphabet and how to spell basic words and how to do simple arithmetic sums. They wouldn't be reading something difficult like Tennyson's poems or learning how to do long division. "Call of the Wild" is better suited to Julie and Abby's learning levels.

I do wonder if Ruby has read the book herself because there's quite a bit of violence in it, including animal abuse, which is something that might badly upset children as young as Eve and Russell.

Wait a minute! How silly I am to think that Ruby cares one whit about her childrens' feelings! After all she's the epitome of a perfect parent.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Post by boychik0830 »

Josette wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:31 pm

It's way above Russell's reading level as well. You just cannot do a one-size-fits-all method when teaching children of vastly different ages. Back in the era when it was a one-room school house the students weren't all learning the same material. Kids in what would be considered first grade level would be studying their primer where they learned the alphabet and how to spell basic words and how to do simple arithmetic sums. They wouldn't be reading something difficult like Tennyson's poems or learning how to do long division. "Call of the Wild" is better suited to Julie and Abby's learning levels.

I do wonder if Ruby has read the book herself because there's quite a bit of violence in it, including animal abuse, which is something that might badly upset children as young as Eve and Russell.

Wait a minute! How silly I am to think that Ruby cares one whit about her childrens' feelings! After all she's the epitome of a perfect parent.
Well ruby love to scare her kids. Remember when ruby threatened to cut eve's stuffed bear if she didn't stop cutting things. Ruby is too lazy to teach everyone something different so they are all doing the same thing. I don't think any of them wanted to do homeschool but ruby basically forced them to do it when she asked them while pretending that they have a choice in this.
Josette
Informer
Informer

Post by Josette »

boychik0830 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Well ruby love to scare her kids. Remember when ruby threatened to cut eve's stuffed bear if she didn't stop cutting things. Ruby is too lazy to teach everyone something different so they are all doing the same thing. I don't think any of them wanted to do homeschool but ruby basically forced them to do it when she asked them while pretending that they have a choice in this.
I definitely remember her literally terrorizing Eve by saying that to her, and IIRC was fairly young, toddler or just out of toddler-hood when this happened. One of my concerns is that there are those who are foolish enough to believe Ruby can do no wrong, so they try to copy her, thereby doing emotional harm to their kids.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Post by boychik0830 »

Josette wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

I definitely remember her literally terrorizing Eve by saying that to her, and IIRC was fairly young, toddler or just out of toddler-hood when this happened. One of my concerns is that there are those who are foolish enough to believe Ruby can do no wrong, so they try to copy her, thereby doing emotional harm to their kids.
I only new about that video from tiktok and if you know the original video then please let me know what it is.
hater18
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hater18 »

imoverit wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 am I'm catching up on videos so I don't know if it's been mentioned but how weird is it that in the "Forgot my senior" vlog Ruby acknowledges that she knows there's weirdos online who save pictures of people's feet?? I'm weird about that so if I had an online presence I would make a point to never show my feet. How strange that she knows that happens yet she still intentionally shows her kids' feet... like that would be very easy to keep out of videos. Especially if she'd keep them off her counters!!
I thought that whole thing was bizarre! Why are you rubbing/massaging your 17 year old daughters feet? Then putting it on the internet for creepy men to get off on. AFTER acknowledging that you know there's weird people on the internet who would do that. Doesn't seem very pure and mormon to me...
Josette
Informer
Informer

Post by Josette »

boychik0830 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Josette wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

I only new about that video from tiktok and if you know the original video then please let me know what it is.
I don't recall the title of the vlog because it's been awhile, but perhaps someone here will and can help you out.
Jamie Love
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jamie Love »

Really? I remember when Call of the Wild was advertised on tv when I was a kid and I thought it was a kids book (right up Russells alley). But you're right you can't teach a 6 year old a lesson that a 13 year old should be learning. you could tell Abby and Julie were bored out of their minds before it even started. Honestly, I think they need specialized attention for Russell's reading and math before they just jump into things like Call of the Wild and long division when he doesn't have a good foundation already and Is nowhere near his math or reading level should be.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happy+Charlie »

Jamie Love wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Really? I remember when Call of the Wild was advertised on tv when I was a kid and I thought it was a kids book (right up Russells alley). But you're right you can't teach a 6 year old a lesson that a 13 year old should be learning. you could tell Abby and Julie were bored out of their minds before it even started. Honestly, I think they need specialized attention for Russell's reading and math before they just jump into things like Call of the Wild and long division when he doesn't have a good foundation already and Is nowhere near his math or reading level should be.
Given that Ruby is acting like the kids have never learned before....so amazing Abby can now draw, and Eve can read, etc...... makes me wonder if Kevin And Ruby regret sinking all that money into private school. She makes it sound like the kids didn't learn a thing. It really makes Ruby and Kevin look more detached from their kids and stupid never being aware til now that their kids having been struggling and behind. Or, they were aware and just didn't care cause it's the teachers place to teach. But, that's a great, attentive mom for ya!
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD »

Jamie Love wrote:
sheltiefan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 am She doesn't really have a schedule anymore-it's just when she feels like it I guess. I hope Ruby isn't doing all the classes like she is doing the reading-all the ages together. Call of the Wild is way beyond what Eve should be doing!

The movie is far less violent and harsh than the book. In some ways, it's not even the same story. In the recent adaptation, the first owners are nicer, and no dogs die. Buck kills his rival for lead sled dog, and the story takes place in the Yukon gold rush, where not only canine life, but human life didn't matter much.
It's not just the subject matter. It's sentence structure and vocabulary as well coming into play. I read it in middle school. It's meant for 12-13 year olds. And Russell isn't very mature for his age.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Post by boychik0830 »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:04 pm
Jamie Love wrote:

The movie is far less violent and harsh than the book. In some ways, it's not even the same story. In the recent adaptation, the first owners are nicer, and no dogs die. Buck kills his rival for lead sled dog, and the story takes place in the Yukon gold rush, where not only canine life, but human life didn't matter much.
It's not just the subject matter. It's sentence structure and vocabulary as well coming into play. I read it in middle school. It's meant for 12-13 year olds. And Russell isn't very mature for his age.

I bet by the time Russell enters high school he will only be at a 3rd or 4th grade level because Ruby hasn't given him the proper education that he needs and same with eve too.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 pm
Jamie Love wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Given that Ruby is acting like the kids have never learned before....so amazing Abby can now draw, and Eve can read, etc...... makes me wonder if Kevin And Ruby regret sinking all that money into private school. She makes it sound like the kids didn't learn a thing. It really makes Ruby and Kevin look more detached from their kids and stupid never being aware til now that their kids having been struggling and behind. Or, they were aware and just didn't care cause it's the teachers place to teach. But, that's a great, attentive mom for ya!
Based on the physical dimensions of the book (thin and wide), I am assuming it is an adapted version for "early readers", which makes it that much more inappropriate for Julie & Abby (Amazon reviewers liked it for the 6-9 yr old set). Ruby also mentioned that the recording of the story might use different words than the book, "to help them understand". When I was 11 we were assigned 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. The original 'Call of the Wild' wouldn't have been approved, much less a dumbed down version for young children. Maybe it would be approved for the kids in remedial reading, who didn't have the same advantages in life that I was afforded, and struggled with basic skills.

While the Franke's have expensive clothes, Macbooks, mini fridges, donuts and hot tubs at "school", they definitely experience similar emotional/educational/nutritional/medical neglect to the kids I went to school with who were homeless, had addicts for parents or were in foster care. Ruby already admitted that that she intentionally treats her children as if she were a destitute drug addict, perhaps she is simply confirming that her lifelong neglect has has had similar educational consequences for her kids. I can only hope that this was only filmed for the internet, and not actually part of a Middle School lesson plan. Even if Abby and Julie are that far behind, giving them the same books appropriate for a 1st grader certainly won't help them get up to grade level.
nesland300
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nesland300 »

hater18 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:58 pm
imoverit wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 am I'm catching up on videos so I don't know if it's been mentioned but how weird is it that in the "Forgot my senior" vlog Ruby acknowledges that she knows there's weirdos online who save pictures of people's feet?? I'm weird about that so if I had an online presence I would make a point to never show my feet. How strange that she knows that happens yet she still intentionally shows her kids' feet... like that would be very easy to keep out of videos. Especially if she'd keep them off her counters!!
I thought that whole thing was bizarre! Why are you rubbing/massaging your 17 year old daughters feet? Then putting it on the internet for creepy men to get off on. AFTER acknowledging that you know there's weird people on the internet who would do that. Doesn't seem very pure and mormon to me...
All it takes is going to Ruby’s instagram and clicking to see the posts people have tagged her in to see just the tip of the iceberg of creepy shit people do with pictures of the kids.
lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lightasfeather »

Jamie Love wrote:

It is just some simplified version, like Penguin books for kids. The original is much thicker book and to be fair Julie and Abby shall read that instead...

It's quite possible the violence was omitted out in this version, language is definitely changed - all in all making book much less valuable. But someone like Ruby will not understand that.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happy+Charlie »

Ruby's homeschooling is a joke. She's going to give other homeschooling parents a bad name. Is this really what goes on in homeschooling? (I know it isn't) She really needs a job and needs to leave the bulk of teaching to those who are trained to do so.

Good gosh, that back yard must be costing them $100,000, at least, it really looks nice. So, why when questioning Chad on inviting friends over is it, "would you invite girls over." She is so desperate for Chad to have a girlfriend so she has content. I hope he keeps to the plan of not dating until he is out of school.
Jamie Love
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Jamie Love »

boychik0830 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:12 pm
Jamie Love wrote:

I bet by the time Russell enters high school he will only be at a 3rd or 4th grade level because Ruby hasn't given him the proper education that he needs and same with eve too.

and his math is going to be at a kindergarten level. I was never good at math but I can guarantee that the older Russell and Eve get the harder its going to be for them because all the school does is build on the previous years curriculum. if he doesn't get it in 2nd grade he's not going to get it in 12th. Its a shame because R&K see and know this but aren't getting him a tutor or anything.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD »

Happy+Charlie wrote:Ruby's homeschooling is a joke. She's going to give other homeschooling parents a bad name. Is this really what goes on in homeschooling? (I know it isn't) She really needs a job and needs to leave the bulk of teaching to those who are trained to do so.

Good gosh, that back yard must be costing them $100,000, at least, it really looks nice. So, why when questioning Chad on inviting friends over is it, "would you invite girls over." She is so desperate for Chad to have a girlfriend so she has content. I hope he keeps to the plan of not dating until he is out of school.
Missing those views from when Chad and Kesley Leroy were an item, huh?
They're so bizarre. Can't "date" until they are 16. But they can have a boyfriend/girlfriend before then, especially if they are able to garner views.
Yet another example of their hypocrisy.

nylady
Amateur
Amateur

Post by nylady »

The Instagram photo Ruby posted recently shows Abby sitting at her desk with “Abbys Schedule” on her desk. Not “Abby’s” schedule. I think we all know Ruby wouldn’t understand that’s wrong but a student at Abby’s grade level definitely should by now.

So crazy that she is “homeschooling” them. It’s not like it’s due to COVID concerns when two kids are attending regular school. I assume it was made clear to the other 4 that they weren’t able to go back to the private school (due to the family having lower ad revenue), and in Abby and Julie’s case, they probably didn’t want to go to a new school and have to make new friends with the added difficulties that involves after all the negative press the family got over the summer. And now they are paying for it because whenever they do find their way back out to the real world, they will have the stigma of being from this family AND being behind in their learning.

But hey, they have a hot tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

I'm confused - how are a hot tub and homeschooling related? I guess it must be in the same way that homeschooling and mini fridges or homeschooling and Krispy Kreme are related. It's just so freaking stupid how Ruby is trying to count every single thing that happens or that they do in their lives as being a part of homeschooling. Ruby with her, "This is a homeschooling day the kids will never forget". No, Ruby, it's not a 'homeschooling day'. It's another day of Ruby's unnecessary luxury spending to attract views while interrupting her kids actually learning something. Seriously, she had her kids gather around, open their books, read for two seconds, and then came busting in with the camera herding them all outside to see the new hot tub. None of the kids looked happy or excited when she told them to all get their shoes on. Abby just sat their staring Ruby down like, "Why are you interrupting our homeschooling?" If her kids ever do take actual classes (like math or science) that they need to study and do homework for, Ruby's going to lose her mind. She'll probably start running into their study rooms with clown make-up on and blowing air horns in their ears because they're being too boring for her Youtube channel. "Come on kids, we can't get youtube views with you guys studying like good kids. Lets film mommy being an amazing, fun homeschooling mom and dragging you away from your homework to go buy donuts, lounge in the hot tub, eat candy, and install mini fridges and disco balls in your bedrooms."
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freshbalsam »

Omg she literally said “quare” (pronounced square without the s) instead of where while she was “home schooling”

I don’t understand, line many of you, why her 7, 9, 11 and 13 year old are all reading the same version of the same book. Eve is going to struggle the most because of this because she is missing so many important content areas in developing reading, writing and math skills.

It is so disgusting that she is demeaning what education is for her kids and has them playing in a hot tub and riding bikes instead of learning.

Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper

freshbalsam wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 pm Omg she literally said “quare” (pronounced square without the s) instead of where while she was “home schooling”

I don’t understand, line many of you, why her 7, 9, 11 and 13 year old are all reading the same version of the same book. Eve is going to struggle the most because of this because she is missing so many important content areas in developing reading, writing and math skills.

It is so disgusting that she is demeaning what education is for her kids and has them playing in a hot tub and riding bikes instead of learning.

I don't think it was "quare", she was doing her normal "Stewie on the Wheat Thins commercial" impression. Instead of 'weet' (wheat) she says 'haweet". So instead of 'ware' (where) she says 'haware".
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper

The fact that Julie is already so bored in home school is really concerning. The whole point of home school is that you can tailor it to the students exact needs and interests. This seems to confirm that they are really just "un-schooling", letting the kids do whatever they want all day. At least she is resolving her boredom by writing plays, but her "teacher" should really show her how spell-check works, rather than making fun of her as she presents her work to "the class". I am so over Ruby's passive aggressive/back handed compliments too, telling Julie her artwork improved so much, when she really meant that she didn't like half the paintings. Luckily Shari was there to clarify that they thought she was a bad artist.

I also get more concerned about Shari every video. She will be on her own and kicked out of the house next year, but she is gullible enough to believe that there is "a law" that permits students to leave class if their teacher is 15 minutes late (she even looked it up to confirm). A couple of weeks ago she was stumped about whether she should brush her teeth again after eating breakfast and asked her tween fans for advice. What has she been doing the last 17 years, and how is she not able to conclude that you only have to brush once if you do it after? She seems to be getting less sure of herself as time goes on, and the amount of times she complains that Dwight is the only one who cares about her is really sad. When I first noticed, I thought it might just have been the anesthesia drugs, but she has continued to say it...a lot. I know she struggles with depression - what are the chances she is allowed to see a qualified psychologist outside of Ruby's life coach MLM?

On the bright side, this is the first time in weeks Abby has been allowed to wear her hair in a different style, after Ruby declared she had to wear two french braids because of her acne.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Post by SwiftlyD »

hater18 wrote:
I think the Leroy's do the same thing

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”