8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

Thewatcherinthenorth
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by Thewatcherinthenorth »

Im regards to the names, I personally think chad is relatively normal. If any of the kids names were being said as the most oldfashioned I'd say it's julie. Atleast I've never heard of anyone young with that name. Abby is very common and eva(i guess variation of eve). Shari also stands out as a little bit old fashioned. 'Sherri' I've only heard on ~50 year olds
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

Thewatcherinthenorth wrote:Im regards to the names, I personally think chad is relatively normal. If any of the kids names were being said as the most oldfashioned I'd say it's julie. Atleast I've never heard of anyone young with that name. Abby is very common and eva(i guess variation of eve). Shari also stands out as a little bit old fashioned. 'Sherri' I've only heard on ~50 year olds
Exactly what I've been asking.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

What Does Ruby talk about when her old and sick dog has a seizure? How the rug is ruined and there is no coming back for it. No love for that poor dog. I wish they bought her a comfy bed.
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

The way Russell laughs is so strange to me...
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

It's because the laugh seem fake. Russel laughs that way when there's nothing funny about anything, but he knows that it's expected of him. He caters to his mum's needs and expectations of good footage and "cute" kids laughing...
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

Poor Nolly I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby found some way to get her put to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

always wrote:
But those names sound trendy/modern, while Chad is a name for an old man? That is what I asked?
Don't know if you got it from the previous posts, but Chad is named after Ruby's dad. Maybe they thought he would grow into the name. It doesn't necessarily seem like an old man's name to me, but I knew a little boy named Chad before.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
muh00r
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by muh00r »

seriously7 wrote:
LydiaE wrote:Did Ruby really film herself sliding a magazine under the bathroom door to Abby? So the kids can't use the bathroom in peace?
Where have you been? She's filmed the kids sick in the bathroom throwing up or laying on the floor, Eve on the potty, Chad singing in the shower, Shari popping pimples, Julie soaking wet and cold after a baptism, she doesn't care, she has to get her footage. She even filmed the husband getting warts removed from his butt one time. I've also seen the kids naked in the bath tub, she didn't show nudity, but she still was in there when they were nude.

Oh and don't forget that one vlog when someones poop was too big to flush and she embarrassed the person and showed the poop all clogged up in the toilet.
Eeeewww, really? I don't remember this :-o :?
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Poor Nolly, she seems like such a sweet and kind dog :( The way her tail knocks against the floor when lying down... :love2:
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

always wrote:The way Russell laughs is so strange to me...

I like Russell. Everything that's weird or strange about him is a direct result of the vlogging.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Well, on Ruby's old blog, she wrote about how he was delayed in some things. I think he didn't walk until very late, and I know we're not supposed to diagnose but I would not be surprised if he was ots, respectively. It's not directly from vlogging.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Wanted to respond to the name question as names are one of my main “hobbies”- if you will. (I moderate a large baby name forum- so I’m kind of surrounded by all things names.)

Here is my perspective on Ruby’s kids names- and yes- I have always found them a bit odd for kids who were all born between 2003 and now.

Shari - While I think this spelling makes it slightly less outdated than Sherry- I still think this is a very “middle aged woman” type name and an odd choice for a girl born around 2003. There is an old video of Shari around age 8 saying she thinks her name is weird and she doesn’t like it. She says she wishes she had a normal name like Abby, I believe. I believe the name with the Shari spelling is Hebrew tho- and it makes me think that perhaps originally they intended to do a more Old Testament style for their kids names but than veered away from that for future kids.

Chad- I also think this is a middle aged man name. I picture most Chads to be like 40. While I don’t think it’s a horrible choice- I do think it sounds a bit outdated- but I understand the nod to her dad.

Abby- Normal choice for her age demographic. (Altho I personally find her name just being Abby odd- without it being Abigail- but that is totally a personal opinion and I know people have varied opinions about that type of thing.)

Julie- Also outdated feeling to me. I picture most Julie’s to be 40 as well. I have always found it odd they named Julie this considering I never thought Ruby was particularly close to her sister Julie. So odd to just randomly name the baby after her many sisters.

Russell- Also feels like a name for someone 35 and older IMO. Outdated feeling.

Eve- This is actually considered quite stylish right now and is pretty popular amongst Christians in 2017. This is the only name that I would want if I was one of Ruby’s offspring.

Taking a moment to deviate to E & J- they definitely are more into more common names. Jackson obviously is (its the most popular name in the US when you add up all the spellings) and while Calvin is indeed old fashioned- it’s one that a lot of parents are liking right now and I think within 10 years will feel no more old fashioned than Owen or Ian.

I have seen some people say on these forums that if Ellie has a girl she will name it Jennifer- and I totally disagree. While I do think she idolizes her mother like they all do- I think even Ellie would hold back as Jennifer *screams* 1980s and is totally out of fashion right now. (I always feel bad for Jennifer Duggar- because she got one of the most out of style names in her family considering the year she was born.)

Sorry for the huge tangent- but I cannot resist a name discussion! Remember- this is just my opinion on the names- and by no means fact! :)
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I was hardcore cringing when Shari was holding and tipping her hedgehog's wheel (?) with the poop inside. Ugh so disgusting, it could've easily went everywhere.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I was hardcore cringing when Shari was holding and tipping her hedgehog's wheel (?) with the poop inside. Ugh so disgusting, it could've easily went everywhere.

True and it was definitely disgusting, BUT honestly she was finally acting like a silly middle school age kid and not a mature grown woman.
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

Sarai wrote:Well, on Ruby's old blog, she wrote about how he was delayed in some things. I think he didn't walk until very late, and I know we're not supposed to diagnose but I would not be surprised if he was ots, respectively. It's not directly from vlogging.
I agree. And now he just lost a year in his education.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I was hardcore cringing when Shari was holding and tipping her hedgehog's wheel (?) with the poop inside. Ugh so disgusting, it could've easily went everywhere.
She was joking with her mum like a teenage girl, as opposed to being forced into a mothering role prematurely. Yeah it was a kinda gross joke, but it's something I have done with my mum before, when I was 13/14! It's just some fun
youtubespy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by youtubespy »

although i do disagree with some of Ruby's parenting methods and other behaviour, i do find it endearing that she seems to genuinely listen to her audience and take up their advice to positively influence herself and her families lives. For example in todays vlog she shows behaviour that she seemingly listened to advice about giving the hedgehog a bigger cage, taking nollie to the vet after her seizure, spending more time with julie, better parenting/controlling eve, ect.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... a981e5.jpg[/img]

Ruby is winning in views every week- (Ruby vs Ellie vs Bonnie)this is couple weeks ago dates line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Ruby is a business woman at home. Her courses at collage are finally coming into use. I don't like her ways and how she treats her children and dog sometimes. But she deserves all the sucess as she does this on "her own" almost (kids help out alot). She puts out a video regularly on time and if not, she explains why. She listens and talks to the viewers which her sister's don't. Ellie and Bonnie need to take notice and stop being stubborn about knowing it all. We all have to admit we're wrong sometimes even when it hurts our pride.
Ruby is beautiful but doesn't doll up everyday and it hasn't affected her numbers. Being cute and makeuping is overrated, (it's all over youtube). Two other big family vloggers are J-huse and Family Fun Pack, none of the mothers do the beauty stuff and people still watch. People want real people to watch not "instagram-family-images"...

I also think that people aren't over Bonnie changing something about her vlogging without explaining "it's still in the air". Ellie, people are seeing her for who she is and she isn't getting better with the way she treats Jackson...
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Namm wrote:Ruby is a business woman at home. Her courses at collage are finally coming into use. I don't like her ways and how she treats her children and dog sometimes. But she deserves all the sucess as she does this on "her own" almost (kids help out alot). She puts out a video regularly on time and if not, she explains why. She listens and talks to the viewers which her sister's don't. Ellie and Bonnie need to take notice and stop being stubborn about knowing it all. We all have to admit we're wrong sometimes even when it hurts our pride.
Ruby is beautiful but doesn't doll up everyday and it hasn't affected her numbers. Being cute and makeuping is overrated, (it's all over youtube). Two other big family vloggers are J-huse and Family Fun Pack, none of the mothers do the beauty stuff and people still watch. People want real people to watch not "instagram-family-images"...

I also think that people aren't over Bonnie changing something about her vlogging without explaining "it's still in the air". Ellie, people are seeing her for who she is and she isn't getting better with the way she treats Jackson...
I think it's more about the fact that they cater to different demographics. Ruby's audience is kids and she rarely shows content that is not catered directly to kids. When she talks to the camera directly it is rarely ranty and almost always something a kid would understand. Though the main view driver of the channel are her kids- there are more twelve year old girls on YouTube who like Chad and look up to Shari than there are twenty somethings who want makeup advice from a kinda plain Mormon woman. The audience of her two sisters is less clear cut: they try to cater to both and that's not working. The kids get bored by the long rants and unrelatable topics (like ivf grants) and the adults struggle with the fake pep and bad decisions (bathtub scenes, bad parenting, out of proportion reactions like the whole Olivia piercing scenario etc). Ruby did that "what's your age" poll last year and made the right decision to focus on things that kids would like (game sponsorships, topics like kissing and puberty, "science projects", crushes and pets). I think she's exploiting her kids but it's paying off in terms of views.

Return to “8 Passengers”