8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

I remember smacking my head off the concrete when I didn't wear a helmet as a kid. It hurt. Bad. Luckily no long term damage. I wear helmet now whenever I ride a bike. She even showed Chad falling off his bike in todays vlog. There are sadly no bike helmet laws in Utah. Where I live it's close to $200 I think in fines. Times 8 passengers. Nobody can afford that. Heck nobody can afford to have a preventable head injury.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

whatsbeyond wrote:I remember smacking my head off the concrete when I didn't wear a helmet as a kid. It hurt. Bad. Luckily no long term damage. I wear helmet now whenever I ride a bike. She even showed Chad falling off his bike in todays vlog. There are sadly no bike helmet laws in Utah. Where I live it's close to $200 I think in fines. Times 8 passengers. Nobody can afford that. Heck nobody can afford to have a preventable head injury.

Our no helmet law is $180 plus it goes in to a record and if your caught over and over again the fine goes up and your bike is taken away and you have to do a bike safety class.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Today's video on the way to Olivia's baptism "Let's stop and get snacks now don't get treats get healthy snacks that keep them full"

Goldfish Crackers
Lucky Charms
Trail mix of M&Ms, Raisins, Nuts etc
Chocolate covered Cashews
Lays Potato Chips
Chocolate Milk
Chocolate Muffin

I couldn't see the rest but if I was with her and she told me to pick out a good snack and not a treat I would be so confused. Not as confused as she obviously is though.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Today's video was awful. They have no respect for their viewers anymore. I get that many of the comments weren't nice, but the way they responded to them was appalling. They are really pleased with themselves now, aren't they? I am thinking back to the family I actually enjoyed watching about 8 months ago, and I can't even believe they're the same people.
Also, I wonder how long they're going to get away with posting videos so many days behind. I mean, I'm not sure anyone will be interested in seeing eclipse vlogs next week. It's kind of over now. Maybe they won't do that one, but I still think that at some point people will find it tiresome to be watching stuff a week after it actually happened. At the same time, they're soaring in popularity, so what do I know?
kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

[quote="natalka81"]Today's video was awful. They have no respect for their viewers anymore. I get that many of the comments weren't nice, but the way they responded to them was appalling. They are really pleased with themselves now, aren't they? I am thinking back to the family I actually enjoyed watching about 8 months ago, and I can't even believe they're the same people.
Also, I wonder how long they're going to get away with posting videos so many days behind. I mean, I'm not sure anyone will be interested in seeing eclipse vlogs next week. It's kind of over now. Maybe they won't do that one, but I still think that at some point people will find it tiresome to be watching stuff a week after it actually happened. At the same time, they're soaring in popularity, so what do I know?[/quote

When I first found their channel I also really liked them - it's a shame how much they've changed. The kids (except Abby and Julie) all seem to be quite rude now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

natalka81 wrote:Today's video was awful. They have no respect for their viewers anymore. I get that many of the comments weren't nice, but the way they responded to them was appalling. They are really pleased with themselves now, aren't they? I am thinking back to the family I actually enjoyed watching about 8 months ago, and I can't even believe they're the same people.
Also, I wonder how long they're going to get away with posting videos so many days behind. I mean, I'm not sure anyone will be interested in seeing eclipse vlogs next week. It's kind of over now. Maybe they won't do that one, but I still think that at some point people will find it tiresome to be watching stuff a week after it actually happened. At the same time, they're soaring in popularity, so what do I know?
J house vlogs does that too. They go a week behind. It's like already been there done that feel when they post things being behind in time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Kevin is away from home a lot and she says when he is gone so for their safety is ok.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

for special things, they should post the next day or so, for random daily stuff, it would not matter, no one really knows what day it is unless they mention it. they could be a week behind, film on a friday then post a week later on saturday, no one would know they were behind.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

callie73 wrote:for special things, they should post the next day or so, for random daily stuff, it would not matter, no one really knows what day it is unless they mention it. they could be a week behind, film on a friday then post a week later on saturday, no one would know they were behind.
Yeah, good point. It normally doesn't really matter. It's just that when her sisters have already posted the story (like Olivia's baptism) or the special event is long past, it's a little weird. I doubt that they would post New Year's eve on January 7 or something, but you never know.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Vincere wrote:Kevin is away from home a lot and she says when he is gone so for their safety is ok.
For their safety? She does realize that within 5 minutes people could have their exact address?
She said today that don't have any really rude comment....I guess if you delete them, they don't exist?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

They have forgotten where they came from. :(

I actually just unsubscribed. I'll still watch but not as a subscriber and I plan to get an ad blocker as well.

Money and fame destroys people, especially kids, it's sad.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Their newest video was much more tolerable. Nothing was really staged, they were relaxed. I didn't mind them.
Shari was a little cringey with her locker and the way she acted around her friends and stuff but she's a teenager, it's too be expected.

whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

Are schools in the states less strict about nut allergies? In Canada, my dd can't bring peanuts, almonds, she can't even bring almond milk to drink. Shari had cans of peanuts and a bag of mixed nuts.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

whatsbeyond wrote:Are schools in the states less strict about nut allergies? In Canada, my dd can't bring peanuts, almonds, she can't even bring almond milk to drink. Shari had cans of peanuts and a bag of mixed nuts.

They must be? I'm in Canada as well and most schools now are totally nut free. When I was in school you had to eat your peanut butter in the hallway if you had a student with an allergy in the class. Now it's not even allowed on the property.
I hope they have different rules and Shari is not just ignoring them

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

whatsbeyond wrote:Are schools in the states less strict about nut allergies? In Canada, my dd can't bring peanuts, almonds, she can't even bring almond milk to drink. Shari had cans of peanuts and a bag of mixed nuts.

Some schools in the US are peanut free, especially in the bigger cities. In the smaller areas, I think it it is up to the school. Our school can not serve peanut butter but they don't ban it (our school has about 400 students K-12) . We have had peanut allergies and it is up to the teachers to not allow peanuts in the classroom.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Their newest video was much more tolerable. Nothing was really staged, they were relaxed. I didn't mind them.
Shari was a little cringey with her locker and the way she acted around her friends and stuff but she's a teenager, it's too be expected.

Yeah, I agree. This felt more like the old videos, with a little more teenage attitude thrown in :) I did like the way Shari is still excited about school supplies and setting up her locker. She's not too cool to completely not care about school yet. I thought she had seemed so much less interested in academics, but maybe I was wrong. I hope she'll continue to do well at school, because I think she could certainly do post secondary education successfully.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:

They must be? I'm in Canada as well and most schools now are totally nut free. When I was in school you had to eat your peanut butter in the hallway if you had a student with an allergy in the class. Now it's not even allowed on the property.
I hope they have different rules and Shari is not just ignoring them

I'm in Canada and one of my friends died from a nut allergy while I'm school (so I remember when they made it a law that all schools be nutfree, Ontario anyways) but it actually only applied to elementary schools. I remember switching high schools and seeing that all the vending machines had peanuts and I asked the principal and they said that high school prepares students for real world and that the real world isn't nut free blah blah

Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Also isn't Shari in high school? I feel like any school wide lunch band would loosen up as the kids got older and could be more responsible with allergies. I had friends constantly bringing peanut butter products to school, kind of wish we had the same rules considering the smell of it is nauseating lol

Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm in Canada too. I think it's generally more elementary schools that have the strict policies. By high school most will say 'be nut aware' or something like that, but they won't ban nuts altogether.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

I grew up in Utah, like 20 minutes from where they live, and I think it's pretty safe to say public schools in Utah don't have rules against kids bringing nuts to school. I graduated a couple years ago so I feel like my memory is fairly recent, and I haven't heard of any rule changes through my mom, who has a kid in elementary and one in high school. That being said, they do steer clear of common allergy foods in school lunches.
Utah is pretty behind the national or even worldwide norms when it comes to just about anything, including allowing nuts at school.

Return to “8 Passengers”