8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Unread post by Caisflame »

I usually can't stand to watch them these days, but I did think Ruby and Shari in "the truth" video were funny. Ruby held a straight face the whole time and even Shari saying "you're not my mom, who are you?" got a laugh out of me. If only Ruby was always that good of an actress. I could see how kids might think it was real, but Kevin's smiling was a dead giveaway. Just nice to be able to enjoy one of their videos for once.
meatloaf
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by meatloaf »

Way to humiliate your child Ruby. Show her failing grade to the whole world. That was mean and unnecessary. Only to get views and make money off your children. You are a sad excuse as a mother.

And a free bedroom another freebie.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote: Maybe if Eve wore shoes at the hotel, she wouldn't have gotten hurt going to the pool. I know it's a lot to ask......honestly you probably encourage it b/c it means she will have the chance to get hurt which you can then vlog for our "entertainment"

[/b]

She is so annoying. Why couldn't she get some dollar flip flops.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

In todays vlog, she finally admits that she bought the kids not enough food. Hope she remembers to feed her children more healty and just more food!!
Pixel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pixel »

UGH RUBY. This lady will not stop calling her lack of parenting skills a "gaming addiction". Seriously!??! And then to act as if she's the Mom of the Year in her description...

Her response to mine: "Thanks for being respectful in sharing yours. I believe a 13 year old is responsible for doing his own homework and it isn’t the parents responsibility to make sure it is done. My job is to teach my children to become self governing. If there is something that interferes and the. Causes lying and sneezing it’s my job to possibly remove the interference and teach properly how to handle the interference."

(sneezing -> sneaking)

I have friends who have spent YEARS researching gaming and the effects it has psychologically, and it has been proven to not be considered addicting or to cause violence. For example, here is a recent BBC article summarizing the point: https://t.co/RlBruWlNak Like, okay clearly his habit got in the way of productivity, but that doesn't mean you clickbait other moms into the same false ideal. You fixed the problem, but call it what it was - a behaviour redirection.
sugarpea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sugarpea »

I don't understand all the minions constantly posting "Eve is sooo cute." I do not find that child cute at all - physically or personality-wise.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I really like Eve. I don't like that she's allowed to climb all over the hotel dining room facilities in her bare feet and night shirt. Also, it's surprising to me how little time Russell spends in school for a kid who is almost 7.

I actually quite liked Ruby's response to the comment about video game addiction. I don't completely agree with it, but I think it's good that she at least stated her opinion and didn't get offended (or seemed not to) when called out.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:I really like Eve. I don't like that she's allowed to climb all over the hotel dining room facilities in her bare feet and night shirt. Also, it's surprising to me how little time Russell spends in school for a kid who is almost 7.

I actually quite liked Ruby's response to the comment about video game addiction. I don't completely agree with it, but I think it's good that she at least stated her opinion and didn't get offended (or seemed not to) when called out.
That rational response and the way she reacted when called out on yelling about Chad getting "beat by a girl" actually give me hope. Her sisters would delete any negative comments or make passive aggressive digs putting the commenter on blast. So as much as I loathe Ruby, I gotta give her kudos for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Pixel wrote:UGH RUBY. This lady will not stop calling her lack of parenting skills a "gaming addiction". Seriously!??! And then to act as if she's the Mom of the Year in her description...

Her response to mine: "Thanks for being respectful in sharing yours. I believe a 13 year old is responsible for doing his own homework and it isn’t the parents responsibility to make sure it is done. My job is to teach my children to become self governing. If there is something that interferes and the. Causes lying and sneezing it’s my job to possibly remove the interference and teach properly how to handle the interference."

(sneezing -> sneaking)

I have friends who have spent YEARS researching gaming and the effects it has psychologically, and it has been proven to not be considered addicting or to cause violence. For example, here is a recent BBC article summarizing the point: https://t.co/RlBruWlNak Like, okay clearly his habit got in the way of productivity, but that doesn't mean you clickbait other moms into the same false ideal. You fixed the problem, but call it what it was - a behaviour redirection.
I’m with you on this one. In fact I saw your comment on the YouTube comment page because I was going to comment as well. I’ve spent far too many years in school completeing advanced degrees in developmental psychology to be okay with this broad sweeping statement she presented in today’s video. My opinion is that she mislabeled this behavior. I would call it lack of impulse control, lack of delayed gratification, and just generally a bad habit. A habit she did not agree with. Whereas a true addiction is a PHYSICAL condition described by behaviors. I would say that his behavioral consequences she was describing were a result of undesirable choices he made. I’m sure we could make the argument that, in theory, his brain chemistry could have been altered by lack of sleep, exposure to stimulus, etc but it really bothers me that she is labeling his playing of fortnite as a addiction and flashed magazine and newspaper articles as PROOF of her assumption.
Also, any mental health care professional would have a field day with the complete lack of privacy on Chad’s behalf. Posting that my adolescent child has a MENTAL CONDITION (undiagnosed by a professional mind you) for all of the internets to see. SMH. I really think that she thinks she is helping, but I think it is hurting.
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Chad's 'gaming addition' updates are driving me crazy. She replied to someone's comment saying she keeps bringing it up b/c it continues to affect her life? Weeks ago Chad and Shari were complaining about her bringing it up cos they had already dealt with it/it was old news. Everyone gets a little obsessive over games but it's not like quitting a game impacts a 13-year-old boy so drastically people need weekly updates on his 'recovery'. God forbid Chad just actually enjoys playing in a park. I feel like she focuses so much on Chad's 'bad' attitude when in reality he seems to always enjoy spending time with his siblings/going a long with family plans, he's just pushing back against his parents as all teenagers do. Whereas Shari is constantly refusing to participate in anything remotely involving her family or anything 'uncool' and her attitude toward her siblings is never great, she just sat in the car while all the siblings played in the park?. Just b/c she sucks up to Ruby that makes her the perfect child apparently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megtanner35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megtanner35 »

Who has seen her insta stories of poor little Eve! Why is she so dirty and hasn't had a shower and in ripped clothes. I understand that life can get hectic but look at the state of her child this is so so so so so so so so sad!
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

megtanner35 wrote:Who has seen her insta stories of poor little Eve! Why is she so dirty and hasn't had a shower and in ripped clothes. I understand that life can get hectic but look at the state of her child this is so so so so so so so so sad!

Where can I find her insta stories, everytime I go to look for them, they're not there. Thanks.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

Seven boxes of trix? For Easter gifts? I’ll never understand Ruby

jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

seriously7 wrote:
megtanner35 wrote:Who has seen her insta stories of poor little Eve! Why is she so dirty and hasn't had a shower and in ripped clothes. I understand that life can get hectic but look at the state of her child this is so so so so so so so so sad!

Where can I find her insta stories, everytime I go to look for them, they're not there. Thanks.
if you click on someone’s instagram picture when there is a colored circle around it, it will play their story. If there’s no colored circle they haven’t posted one or if there is a white circle it means you’ve already watched that story. Hopefully that makes sense

kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

Aurielle wrote:I get so triggered when people talk about their showering habits. We're allowed 90 second showers a day and given my hair is down to my waist (growing it to donate) it's just impossible so I shower way less than you all seem to . You do it with a cloth and a sink of water. Try for a week just using 50 litres of water a day and you'd be surprised at how much water you're all wasting. Shari however is a greasy child but the griffiths don't seem like the type to cough up money for doctors unless the kid is in severe pain.
90 second showers ? Lol I got more than that at army boot camp . And she really isn’t that greasy, she’s a teenager . It happens

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

jenboghel01 wrote:Seven boxes of trix? For Easter gifts? I’ll never understand Ruby

That is freaking ridiculous. Maybe she figures it's better than chocolate bunnies?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kirsti13 wrote:
Aurielle wrote:I get so triggered when people talk about their showering habits. We're allowed 90 second showers a day and given my hair is down to my waist (growing it to donate) it's just impossible so I shower way less than you all seem to . You do it with a cloth and a sink of water. Try for a week just using 50 litres of water a day and you'd be surprised at how much water you're all wasting. Shari however is a greasy child but the griffiths don't seem like the type to cough up money for doctors unless the kid is in severe pain.
90 second showers ? Lol I got more than that at army boot camp . And she really isn’t that greasy, she’s a teenager . It happens

If she is in Cape Town, they have a horrible drought going on. Personal, so feel free to scroll by: We had water rationing in Northern California during the 1970's drought. It was bad. We did "Navy showers" where you get wet, turn the water off, lather up, and rinse off. And we saved the shower water and used it to flush the toilet. And there was a saying "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down" There would be Southern Californians on the news saying it was a hoax. We had this poor Japanese exchange student, and she was just miserable.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I definitely appreciate that there's a certain degree of privilege attached to being able to bathe frequently. Many people over the world don't have the luxury to bathe daily and I'm glad this was brought to our attention on this board. At the same time, I really don't think Shari is greasy at all. Maybe she has bad complexion sometimes, but as someone else said, she's a teenager. I rarely think she looks like she's overdue for a shower.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

lmmomSD wrote:
jenboghel01 wrote:Seven boxes of trix? For Easter gifts? I’ll never understand Ruby

That is freaking ridiculous. Maybe she figures it's better than chocolate bunnies?

Ruby talking about Chad's gaming addiction when she (and I would guess most of her family) has a major sugar addiction!!

Return to “8 Passengers”