Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

izziebelle13 wrote:
beyoncepadthai wrote:
lex_3859 wrote:This is coming from someone who is close in age of Shari, and let me tell you. I do not know how Shari is going to survive when she goes out into the real world. If she spent a day in my high school she would probably go call her mom to pick her up because of all the cursing and “vulgar language”
It’s just part of high school these days!
Not close in age to Shari myself but I am concerned for her too. What exactly happened re: Jumanji that I keep reading about? I watch a lot of movies and that was about as wholesome as you get in the mainstream.

I've been through HS, undergrad and am now in grad school. This girl's parents need to teach her that an 80% on a test isn't a failure NOW or she's got a harsh life lesson coming. Lord, she wouldn't survive the Australian university system where a 65 is a CREDIT. I feel sorry most of all for her peers who would probably be happy with such a result if she shut up about it.
The American schooling system has got to be one of the easiest in the world and I agree that she wouldn’t survive anywhere else. The British schooling system used to be the best in the world and to this day, it’s still stupendously hard. She needs to learn quickly that an 80% on a quiz is not a bad thing or she’s going to have a really hard time at college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately if you have a C on your transcript a lot of US universities won’t look at you. I have been through the process 4 times with my youngest graduating next month from College. Getting into college is like a lottery here. 25,000 applicants for 2500 spots. Her vlogging may help her, but she can’t be so narrow minded. My guess is she will go to BYU and live her life out in the bubble.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Oh they read here for sure. Ruby called it "the pits of hell" once lmao. I had actually wondered if that played into Shari getting her phone taken away. We know that Ruby reads here but maybe she didn't want Shari reading it. Yes there are other ways to access it but it's much easier to hide on a phone.
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

Defuego wrote:Oh they read here for sure. Ruby called it "the pits of hell" once lmao.
ImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I know Eve isn't everyone's favorite but today's video was the perfect example of why I like her. She has been acting older and more mature than Russell for quite some time. Running to share with him. What an obnoxious kid he is. That screaming and crying over the candy was absolutely ridiculous at his age. Disappoint is normal but good god, he's not 2 years old. If my child did that they would have been told "You have a basket full of eggs, you will not be sharing the candy she picked up because of your ungrateful meltdown". We don't reward that kind of behavior.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Defuego wrote:I know Eve isn't everyone's favorite but today's video was the perfect example of why I like her. She has been acting older and more mature than Russell for quite some time. Running to share with him. What an obnoxious kid he is. That screaming and crying over the candy was absolutely ridiculous at his age. Disappoint is normal but good god, he's not 2 years old. If my child did that they would have been told "You have a basket full of eggs, you will not be sharing the candy she picked up because of your ungrateful meltdown". We don't reward that kind of behavior.
And you know that their response to this would be that they discipline off camera, which I just totally don't get. I don't think we need to see the discipline, but also then she should just cut out the meltdowns. If they are in fact disciplining off camera, it gives a false impression that they're letting him get away with the behaviour on camera. I agree that Eve is really maturing. I think Russell is struggling with stuff- no idea how to categorize it- and that they should be careful what they film and share with such a large audience.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I am warming up to Eve lately too, especially when compared to Russell and his antics. Good grief that child needs to be checked out and if he is normal as she claims, then some severe repercussions for his behaviors, especially do not give them the candy they are throwing the fit about. What is that teaching Eve? Yes she is a sweetie to offer it but it's also teaching her to give in to obnoxious behavior. I do not know what Ruby thinks that is accomplishing. I would never say anything evil about a child but Russell rubs me the wrong way.
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

He had more eggs than Eve too. I know my mom would've got all over me for throwing a fit like that over candy. Youd think Eve was 6 and Russell was 4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

I always forget Russell is 6. He never goes to school, the entire family pander to him and treat him like a 2 year old. It’s not doing him any favours. I’d be very interested to see how he copes at mainstream full time school. He will either thrive with discipline and age appropriate communication, tasks and friends. Or he will be ostracised because no kid wants to play with him due to his tantrums and no parent will want to invite him over for play dates

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I stumbled across chads channel the other night..didn’t even know he had a channel. He sounded like he was trying to be like Logan Paul, apologizing to his fans for not sticking to his regular schedule and trying to act super cool. He apparently used to put out a Fortnight video once a week but couldn’t anymore because of his “gaming addiction”. His mother has seriously convinced him he had a true psychological problem. Sorry to break it to you Chad...all you had was a combination of poor parenting and normal teen rebellion. He said his dad was researching non addicting games that he could still play and make videos of. His videos are at least a little more real life and relatable than Shari’s uppidity vlogs but things still just seemed off. If Ruby really wanted to help her family (and rid them of their technology addictions) she’s quit YouTubing and allow them all to live normal lives out of the public eye.
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
izziebelle13 wrote:
beyoncepadthai wrote: Not close in age to Shari myself but I am concerned for her too. What exactly happened re: Jumanji that I keep reading about? I watch a lot of movies and that was about as wholesome as you get in the mainstream.

I've been through HS, undergrad and am now in grad school. This girl's parents need to teach her that an 80% on a test isn't a failure NOW or she's got a harsh life lesson coming. Lord, she wouldn't survive the Australian university system where a 65 is a CREDIT. I feel sorry most of all for her peers who would probably be happy with such a result if she shut up about it.
The American schooling system has got to be one of the easiest in the world and I agree that she wouldn’t survive anywhere else. The British schooling system used to be the best in the world and to this day, it’s still stupendously hard. She needs to learn quickly that an 80% on a quiz is not a bad thing or she’s going to have a really hard time at college.

Unfortunately if you have a C on your transcript a lot of US universities won’t look at you. I have been through the process 4 times with my youngest graduating next month from College. Getting into college is like a lottery here. 25,000 applicants for 2500 spots. Her vlogging may help her, but she can’t be so narrow minded. My guess is she will go to BYU and live her life out in the bubble.

I meant more about the high school system more than the college system being easy. Any university is hard regardless of where you are as you’re all training for the same job.

izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

I can’t get over the fact Ruby thinks Chad has a gaming addiction. What a load of bullshit! He’s being a normal teenager combined with shit scheduling and discipline. I hardly doubt his school work is lacking and those parent used to push the kids so hard and you can see that through their old routines. Wake up at 5, chores and music practice, school for 7 hours, more chores and sports when you get home plus homework. It was insane. Now they’ve relaxed, all Chad’s doing is pushing his limits to where they now stand with free time. All Ruby had to do was discipline him more and he would be fine.

Return to “8 Passengers”