8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Abby sure doesn't act like she is sick. I know Ruby showed the thermometer on purpose since she get's so much grief for the kids missing school, but besides that one tiny clip of Abby in bed, she is in the rest of the vlog running around, playing with her siblings and kicking Russell "in the nuts" as Russell said.

Ruby is the laziest Mom. The only reason we even see her cooking is b/c she thinks that is what makes her Miss Suzie Homemaker and she thinks it makes her look good in the vlogs. And cooking a batch of rolls or a snipett of asparagus doesn't make us forget all the Oreo's for breakfast, lunch and dinner you let them eat, the constant candy and "treats" they get whenever they want.

It's only a matter of time until she posts on her Instagram about Mother's day and how empowered she is as a mother and how she is so happy to get to be a mom to such wonderful kids. And then her little minions will kiss her butt on the comments telling her what a great and wonderful Mom she is and how she is the best Mom in the entire world. Such BS. She's a poor example for a Mom.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Has anybody heard of russell silver syndrome? I was looking at it the other day and Calvin (ellie and jared son, 8 passengers cousin) is a splitting image of some of the children. It could also explain sharis extreme shortness and as described in the characteristics of RSS a "rather prominent forehead" along with many other things
sugarpea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sugarpea »

Julie is blinking like crazy in Shari's video today. I wonder if she needs glasses or something.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

On Sheri vlog, they played "2 truths and a lie" where they told 3 facts and the siblings had to pick out which was was the lie.
So Abby talked about how she got a ZERO on a math test. She said out of 8 or 9 problems she got them ALL WRONG. Seriously, Ruby WAKE UP! Your children are behind in school. What more evidence does she need? Her kids are slow learners to begin with, let alone letting them miss school all the time for vacations and being "sick". And they all laughed about it like it was so funny she got a zero on the test. It's sad. If she does go to the new school next year, she will be so far behind and wont be able to keep up, especially if Ruby lets them keep skipping school all the time.

Then they all laugh because a boy told Julie she was cute so she punched him in the stomach. ??? Again, WTF? BE A PARENT Ruby and teach your kids that it's NOT okay to punch people. Even if you tell them while in your favorite place to parent (your bed) at least tell her it's not okay. What is wrong with this family? They are so far in their alternate universe they actually believe they are good parents.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

Sheri also said she didn't pee for 3 weeks when she was younger. Pretty sure that's not possible...
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

Julies's most likely blinking because of the lights, however could maybe also use glasses. Another thought is she could have Tourettes syndrome, as blinking is a common symptom, however I strongly doubt she has this.

Also not sure how Julie can think it's ok to punch someone? Not long ago it was Julie coming home from school upset because she was being bullied, but now it seems she's the bully. Maybe Ruby should send some of that 'stay puffy' merch to that kid because it sure sounds like he needs to stay puffy, not Julie.

Shari said she didn't poo (not pee) for three weeks, which although is definitely possible, it sounds more like an exaggeration. She probably didn't go for a week.

Lastly, I cannot believe Shari doesn't know how to swim! I know the topic of the kids not knowing how to swim has come up a few times but Shari is far too old to not know how to swim. Those swimming lessons for a couples of weeks every year is not enough for anyone to learn how to swim. You would think that Ruby being a diver or whatever she was would make swimming lessons more of a priority for her, but again it's Ruby showing us what a bad mother she really is and how she really doesn't care all that much. At the end of the day, Ruby is putting her kids lives at major risk.
Mummyuk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mummyuk »

sugarpea wrote:Julie is blinking like crazy in Shari's video today. I wonder if she needs glasses or something.
I have been a long time reader here and decided to join and gossip with you. I also have noticed Julie blinking and twitching and not just in this one video on sheris channel. She has been doing it alot recently and it is either a nervous thing or torŕetts like someone said.
Love reading the boards and totally agree with you all that ruby does very little. I'm a stay at home mum and really don't understand why her children clean as much as they do. I'm in no means a mum that lets my kids get away with being lazy but as a stay at home mum I can clean the home in the week and only have my children sort their own rooms out on a weekend and would never expect them to scrub stairs of communal areas unless it's a mess they have made personally. I can't understand how she doesn't get these things done in the week and allow her kids to be KIDS on a weekend and not spend all morning cleaning for her.

The next issue I have is forgetting your kids at school and being late. I would not only be embarrassed by that but in the UK if you forget your child at school you will have social services called (I think in America it's cps) also being late you can get fined.
She really does give sahm a bad view when people think that's how you do it. I knòw I and many others tend not to stop from school drop to school pick up.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:On Sheri vlog, they played "2 truths and a lie" where they told 3 facts and the siblings had to pick out which was was the lie.
So Abby talked about how she got a ZERO on a math test. She said out of 8 or 9 problems she got them ALL WRONG. Seriously, Ruby WAKE UP! Your children are behind in school. What more evidence does she need? Her kids are slow learners to begin with, let alone letting them miss school all the time for vacations and being "sick". And they all laughed about it like it was so funny she got a zero on the test. It's sad. If she does go to the new school next year, she will be so far behind and wont be able to keep up, especially if Ruby lets them keep skipping school all the time.

Then they all laugh because a boy told Julie she was cute so she punched him in the stomach. ??? Again, WTF? BE A PARENT Ruby and teach your kids that it's NOT okay to punch people. Even if you tell them while in your favorite place to parent (your bed) at least tell her it's not okay. What is wrong with this family? They are so far in their alternate universe they actually believe they are good parents.
Follow up: On Ruby's instagram a comment was made to Ruby about Abby getting a zero on the math test and how maybe she needed a tutor since she was obviously so far behind and missing so much school. Ruby wrote back and said it was being taken care of and Abby was going to take summer school (and basically to butt out b/c she knew what was best for her kids)
Obviously not b/c look at the repercussions of you letting your daughter skip so much school. Now she has to take summer school. That is not something you volunteer for (at least not where I live) Summer school is forced upon kids who failed their grade or a particular class. Once again, great parenting Ruby. Your daughter is failing school b/c you let her skip school all the time so you can have something/someone to vlog about. Once again, proving all you care about is your stupid vlog. Put down the camera and be a MOM and help your daughter so she isn't failing school.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

golden12345f wrote:Shari said she didn't poo (not pee) for three weeks, which although is definitely possible, it sounds more like an exaggeration. She probably didn't go for a week.
At first Shari said she didn't poo for 3 weeks but then at the 1:50 mark she said "I didn't pee or poo or anything" so that's where I was coming from. I still think 3 weeks without pooping isn't accurate either, but you can't go 3 weeks without peeing. lol
She is just like her Mom. She actually believes the lies coming out of her mouth. lol
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:On Sheri vlog, they played "2 truths and a lie" where they told 3 facts and the siblings had to pick out which was was the lie.

Follow up: On Ruby's instagram a comment was made to Ruby about Abby getting a zero on the math test and how maybe she needed a tutor since she was obviously so far behind and missing so much school. Ruby wrote back and said it was being taken care of and Abby was going to take summer school (and basically to butt out b/c she knew what was best for her kids)
Obviously not b/c look at the repercussions of you letting your daughter skip so much school. Now she has to take summer school. That is not something you volunteer for (at least not where I live) Summer school is forced upon kids who failed their grade or a particular class. Once again, great parenting Ruby. Your daughter is failing school b/c you let her skip school all the time so you can have something/someone to vlog about. Once again, proving all you care about is your stupid vlog. Put down the camera and be a MOM and help your daughter so she isn't failing school.
Ugh Ruby just wants to marry of her girls off. Why would girls need an education? After all, getting pregnant is the only thing they are good for.

I would adopt Abby and the other kids in a heartbeat. They are so precious and can do so much better overall, it's sad that ruby doesn't see it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Does anyone find Ruby’s #mothersarepowerful slogan really annoying? It’s hard to explain why it bothers me lol. Like I get where she’s coming from but she keeps pushing this tragic narrative where she was put down and criticized for wanting to be “just a mom”. I’m not saying it’s not true, but it just seems so opposite and out of touch with what many young girls experience, where they are taught to believe they can’t be scientists or astronauts or doctors. I just wonder how many girls in the audience are relating to her message of it’s okay to be a sahm, when many more are probably trying to overcome barriers to pursuing careers and education. I guess I just don’t really sympathize with her struggle to be “just a mom”. She chose that path at a young age, went to college to find a man, made it happen, and has been a mediocre parent ever since. Like really Ruby, as a Utah Mormon, I have a hard time believing you were all that oppressed and judged for wanting to be a stay at home Mom with lots of kids.

And then she goes on about how her kids can be whatever they want yet still always references the girls as future mommies. Why not propose that women are powerful? Why not push a message that girls can do whatever they want and that can include being just a career woman? It’s like her message doesn’t extend both ways. I know motherhood is sort of her shtick but something about her high and mighty attitude towards it paired with this idea what she was persecuted for it, just rubs me the wrong way.

PS to SAHMs reading, not trying to devalue your role, just Ruby’s strange perspective on it. Plus I admittedly have some bias coming from a household with two working parents.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Tiger27 wrote:Does anyone find Ruby’s #mothersarepowerful slogan really annoying? It’s hard to explain why it bothers me lol. Like I get where she’s coming from but she keeps pushing this tragic narrative where she was put down and criticized for wanting to be “just a mom”. I’m not saying it’s not true, but it just seems so opposite and out of touch with what many young girls experience, where they are taught to believe they can’t be scientists or astronauts or doctors. I just wonder how many girls in the audience are relating to her message of it’s okay to be a sahm, when many more are probably trying to overcome barriers to pursuing careers and education. I guess I just don’t really sympathize with her struggle to be “just a mom”. She chose that path at a young age, went to college to find a man, made it happen, and has been a mediocre parent ever since. Like really Ruby, as a Utah Mormon, I have a hard time believing you were all that oppressed and judged for wanting to be a stay at home Mom with lots of kids.

And then she goes on about how her kids can be whatever they want yet still always references the girls as future mommies. Why not propose that women are powerful? Why not push a message that girls can do whatever they want and that can include being just a career woman? It’s like her message doesn’t extend both ways. I know motherhood is sort of her shtick but something about her high and mighty attitude towards it paired with this idea what she was persecuted for it, just rubs me the wrong way.

PS to SAHMs reading, not trying to devalue your role, just Ruby’s strange perspective on it. Plus I admittedly have some bias coming from a household with two working parents.
I was a SAHM and a teacher when my kids were in school. I raised all my kids to be a productive member of society. My oldest is getting her PhD my youngest is graduating and going to work in NYC for a shipping logistics firm. I raised them to be strong independent women like I raised my sons to be strong independent men. L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:Does anyone find Ruby’s #mothersarepowerful slogan really annoying? It’s hard to explain why it bothers me lol. Like I get where she’s coming from but she keeps pushing this tragic narrative where she was put down and criticized for wanting to be “just a mom”. I’m not saying it’s not true, but it just seems so opposite and out of touch with what many young girls experience, where they are taught to believe they can’t be scientists or astronauts or doctors. I just wonder how many girls in the audience are relating to her message of it’s okay to be a sahm, when many more are probably trying to overcome barriers to pursuing careers and education. I guess I just don’t really sympathize with her struggle to be “just a mom”. She chose that path at a young age, went to college to find a man, made it happen, and has been a mediocre parent ever since. Like really Ruby, as a Utah Mormon, I have a hard time believing you were all that oppressed and judged for wanting to be a stay at home Mom with lots of kids.

I was a SAHM and a teacher when my kids were in school. I raised all my kids to be a productive member of society. My oldest is getting her PhD my youngest is graduating and going to work in NYC for a shipping logistics firm. I raised them to be strong independent women like I raised my sons to be strong independent men. L

Sorry I sent the above instead of deleting.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I didn’t watch yesterday’s vlog but how in the world is it okay for Chad to have gone the entire semester of the school year without completing any of his final project assignments until the last day? He needs 700 points to pass the class and up until the other day he only had 100!? As a parent myself, I would never see it OK to allow my child to fall that far behind. I get that he completed the work, but regardless, that’s lazy and enabling procrastinating behavior. I’m not surprised though since Ruby went the whole year without checking if Abby did any of her homework either, until she was told Abby might fail the class.

Ruby likes to pretend she’s this all holy mother, yet she lacks so hard in her child’s basic education requirements. It’s extremely irritating to watch. Shari might be self motivated but that doesn’t mean all of your children are. If she wants Chad or Abby or any of her kids to be successful, these are the years to teach them accountability and responsibility and how to do their best work.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Does Chad go to a private school? Who would spend the money private schools costs and have zero interest in their child’s education. And with Kevin being in the education field I would assume they’d care a little more. Do they not go to conferences?
The clip of Shari having a melt down over her math grade not being a solid A keeps coming up in my head when I hear about Russel, Chad, and Abby. Shari even said at her old school she didn’t have to study- she just knew everything and that her new school is very hard. How is Abby going to manage??
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

freshbalsam wrote:I didn’t watch yesterday’s vlog but how in the world is it okay for Chad to have gone the entire semester of the school year without completing any of his final project assignments until the last day? He needs 700 points to pass the class and up until the other day he only had 100!? As a parent myself, I would never see it OK to allow my child to fall that far behind. I get that he completed the work, but regardless, that’s lazy and enabling procrastinating behavior. I’m not surprised though since Ruby went the whole year without checking if Abby did any of her homework either, until she was told Abby might fail the class.

Ruby likes to pretend she’s this all holy mother, yet she lacks so hard in her child’s basic education requirements. It’s extremely irritating to watch. Shari might be self motivated but that doesn’t mean all of your children are. If she wants Chad or Abby or any of her kids to be successful, these are the years to teach them accountability and responsibility and how to do their best work.

Ruby has never shown an interest in their school work. She has stated it's their responsibility to do it and she doesn't ever check. It's part of her whole "teaching them to be independent thing" (which really means lazy parenting). This same thing has happened over and over again, those kids (besides Shari) never do their school work, they suck at spelling, and aren't the brightest in school. They are average at best and because of all the day's they miss they are falling further and further behind. I don't think it matters if they go to public or private school, Ruby is never going to show an interest and be responsible for their schoolwork and checking up on them. She is sending them all to private school for the "status" that's where her friends April and Davey sent their son (who got kicked out for behavior reasons). They just want to be "cool" and show their money. It's not about their education. Ruby just wants them to turn 18 and get married and popping out babies anyway. And you don't need an education for that.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:

Today's vlog and guess what? Abby is staying home sick from school again........She acts so miserable in bed playing it up for the camera, and by the middle of the vlog, she is up and acting normal, eating with the family and telling everyone to subscribe and hit that like button. I guess Ruby doesn't care as she is already being sent to summer school since she is failing. I also don't think she cares since she is banking on them not returning to public school and going to the private school in the fall.......but usually private schools have attendance policies and are often tougher academically. Everyone except for Shari will never succeed in that setting if they continue to let them skip school for vacations and "sick" days. I bet all the kids who are just going there next fall for the first time will be starting school in their current grade and repeating it since they are all doing so poorly.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I find this school stuff increasingly upsetting. There may be some reason why Abby got a zero on that quiz. Maybe she missed the days leading up it, maybe it was a pop quiz and not really all that important, maybe Ruby or someone else has helped her since then and she's now okay with the material. Maybe, maybe, maybe...
My problem is that it really isn't appropriate material for a public vlog. She's laughing about it either because she really doesn't care or (more likely) because she's embarrassed. Ruby should not have allowed that to go online; it gives a poor impression on so many levels. I have been surprised, like many of you, at this family's approach to education, and it seems to be getting worse even with the kids being sent to (or waiting on) private school. One thing I will say, I think a full-day first grade program will be exactly what Russell needs. He seems fine academically; he just needs more exposure to socializing, and he'll get that in SCHOOL. I am assuming he's going into grade one and not sticking around in kindergarten again. I only wish Eve could join her siblings in a full-time program.
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

I am really shocked at some of the things that they upload for millions of people to see. From Ruby constantly admitting to not showering or brushing her teeth, to revealing a child's failures to the whole world...I would not feel comfortable sharing those things. I feel bad for the kids, who will most likely cringe in horror when they look back at footage of themselves five or ten years from now.

Is Ruby aware of what song Chad was singing at the end of this vlog? (Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke) :lol:
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

Has it seemed like Ruby has 'been in a funk' for a long time now? Also, I wonder which kids will get into the private school and what they'll decide if they all don't.

Return to “8 Passengers”